PDA

View Full Version : FAVOURITE BBOYS ALBUM?

Pages : [1] 2

anton
07-23-2004, 05:13 PM
I alot of folks r gonna say TT5B but i maybe not everyone. lets hear from them. Personaly i think it lays between Ill Communication and Pauls Boutique. But its hard to just point it out. They are all good. (y)

fugazi
07-23-2004, 05:14 PM
only have licensed to ill, ill communication, anthology, and new one, but license to ill is great

BuddhaMonk
07-23-2004, 05:21 PM
pauls and hello nasty are to my liking

Parkey
07-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Personaly i think it lays between Ill Communication and Pauls Boutique. But its hard to just point it out. They are all good. (y)
i.e. Check Your Head! good call (y)

rootsound1
07-23-2004, 05:58 PM
WOW,thats a hard question.
Good,but hard.
I love all of them and thats kinda like a cop out.
SOMEWHERE BETWEEN L.T.I and TT5b

MY favorite for today is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hello nasty!!!!!

www.recw.com

AdrockAdam
07-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Hello Nasty.

Slick
07-23-2004, 06:29 PM
I'll Name them in order

Licensed to Ill
Ill Communication
Pauls B
TT5B
Hello Nasty
Check Your Head

I really Like the "Sounds Of Science" But thats just greatest hits not a album.

kutmasta2000
07-23-2004, 06:33 PM
COOKIE PUSS

cheezdoodle
07-23-2004, 06:48 PM
i haven't listened to all of them (n) ...yet ...but i will... :o

just Sounds of Science and TT5B about a billion times each though ;)

pip07
07-23-2004, 06:58 PM
PB
HN
CYH
TT5B
LTI
IC

This changes everyday

Sakura Ikiro
07-23-2004, 07:06 PM
I like them all because my dad has listened to them all and gave them to me! Woo!

anton
07-23-2004, 07:09 PM
because my opinion on this matter changes kindda often, i now almost have to say that its between Pauls Boutique and Hello Nasty. Cus HN have all the timeless classics like intergalactic, 3Mcs and 1Dj and body movin.
And 3Mcs and 1Dj is one of my favourite songs their ever made. My love for that song is like a truck. BERSERKER! . And Mixmaster cuts the fastest. Who can agree with me on this?

anton
07-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Hmmmmm, kindda intressting. alot say that their favourite is either their first or latest... think about that for a moment. (lb)

Beastietim86
07-23-2004, 07:47 PM
LICENSED TO ILL

pacerluv
07-23-2004, 11:29 PM
It's changed many time over the last 20 years, but for the last few years it's been The In Sound from Way Out!. I'm kinda suprised nobody else has mentioned it.

BlimpieBluffin
07-23-2004, 11:44 PM
It's changed over the years.

But I love the new one. I think the lyrics are awesome.

Cap'n Crunch
07-23-2004, 11:56 PM
From Best to least best(I lived thru all of them):

1. Pauls Botique
2. License to Ill
3. TT5B
4. Check Your Head
5. Ill Communication
6. Hello Nasty

Cap'n Crunch
07-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Sakura- is your avatar Michael J Fox? Looks like him in Casualties of War. "Sarrrrge"

im_country_mike
07-24-2004, 04:54 AM
Check your head and Ill communication are probably the best albums in my opinion! (y)

Uru-Nitro
07-24-2004, 05:16 AM
hello nasty

cagan
07-24-2004, 06:39 AM
Paul's Boutique
Check Your Head
Licensed To Ill
Hello Nasty
Ill Communication
To The 5 Boroughs

There's really not that much difference between all of them. But PB is easily the best, no question.

fini
07-24-2004, 07:08 AM
For those of you who haven't heard 'Pauls Boutique', it's a must buy. It made the list of one of Rolling Stone's top albums of all time. It's a timeless classic and I don't think any other album really compares. I hated the Beasties until I heard this album, then I was hooked. To this day, every time I listen to the whole album I still hear something that I never heard before in the backround. The mixing is incredible and if your a Beasties fan, listen to this album a few times and try to tell me it's not their best complete album. The samples are endless and every tune made my personal copy of 'Sounds of Science'. If there was ever a most underrated album list, 'Paul's Boutique' would be on the top of that list.

Mik E. Fini

'I'm so rope, they call me Mr. Roper, when trouble arises, ya know I'm the cool cope 'er.'

italyfra
07-24-2004, 07:42 AM
I's quite impossible make a choice!
It's like choose one of your own son best!

All of them are extraordinary but maybe

CHECK YOUR HEAD for rock
HELLO NASTY for rap and sounds

But the best album ever is...OPS I DID IT AGAIN!!!!

I'm jocking...fucking nipple britney spears....How I ate her....

kiss from Italy

CIAO!

tough guy
07-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Thats the genius, that you can't really choose.
It's not like they were made to be compared because the Beastie's are genuinely talented and everything they try comes off. The output is so rich in variety thay people think "I love this, no, this bit, no this song is definitely my favourite."
Then you put a different album on and it changes again. And it's just magic.

When I was younger I used to listen to the singles and not much else because I was into other bands, after a period of neglect I got back into them in a much bigger way, I was older, and appreciated the skill and the depth a lot more.

So yeah, everyone has different opinions and you can only really say what they mean to you personally.
The music has stood the test of time because it is timeless. You can call it "old school" or whatever you like, but the fact is, it doesn't just capture a moment in time, it captures so much more. It means so much more, which is why the Beasties are still fresh and groundbreaking, and gangsta rap and that which calls itself r'n'b these days (no rythem or blues as far as I can tell), have been cast aside like the fads they are (amongst other 'movements').
I have nothing against gangsta rap, but for me you have to keep moving or you'll die. The Beasties have never stopped progressing and pushing boundaries, and that is why they will go down as one of the true original, essential music makers in history.

It's like asking me to pick my favourite New Kid.

then_is
07-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Hello Nasty is my favourite (y)

Tompz
07-24-2004, 09:06 AM
yeah, i'd still say hello nasty before pauls boutique, but i must admit that tt5b has really grown on me during the last couple of weeks- the beats are sick and the rhyming's as good as ever! i rank it top three.

hello nasty has diversity like noother beastie album in my opinion..

vorticez
07-24-2004, 09:13 AM
I gotta pick PB. Mostly drug reasons see, just a perfect record for chemical actions of all kinds. :cool:

Mary-Kate
07-24-2004, 10:39 AM
I only have To the 5 boroughs and Check your head .... and I like To the 5 boroughs better

christa k
07-24-2004, 12:00 PM
pauls boutique has gotten the most play in my house so far but 5 buroughs alsohas alot of appeal to me cause i have played all their music so much.

Ilovekingadrock
07-25-2004, 09:39 AM
It have to be Hello nasty!!!

felix...
07-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Hey dudes/dudettes!

i just wanted to say that i think "license to ill!" is a f#$@ing awesome cd!!! i had it playing on repeat in my cd player for seriously 2 months!! non stop!!! and i still love listening to it!!! :)

from the dude in the land down under! (Australia...)
-Peace out.
-Felix...

RiCeBoY102
07-25-2004, 06:12 PM
I think Paul's Boutique and check your head are the best ones, even though i like them all.

catch a bad one
07-25-2004, 06:20 PM
DEFINEATLY pauls boutique. HANDS DOWN.

followed by aglio e olio.

Yosemite Sam
07-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Hello Nasty was the masterpiece of the style they adopted once they picked up their instruments again. They perfected the style that was so unique on Cyh and Ill Com.

Best hiphop album was Pauls B, its still before its time.

ShenGod
07-25-2004, 11:41 PM
TT5B, only because I prefer the good moral side of me over the bad moral side. But 2nd is PB then LTI then CYH (Which I hadn't liked much until I really started LISTENING to it) then HN, then IC...but I don't like putting one in last place...

Egg Man
07-26-2004, 12:29 AM
Hmm, Probably Pauls Boutique and Ill Communication. Followed Closely by Hello Nasty just cause it was the album that got me into the beasties. Right now I'm listening to LTI and TH5B. I personally don't see what people see in Check Your Head. It is a good album but in my opinion their weakest. It is mostly comprised of fairly lame jazz instrumentals and although there is some really good tracks on it like Gratitude, So Whatcha Want and Professor Booty it lacks something the others have.

I haven't actually listened to it much, maybe I should chuck it in and give it a whirl a couple more times.

100% ILL
07-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Definately Check Your Head.............Then the rest in no particular order

angel_gurl
07-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Definately Check Your Head.............Then the rest in no particular order
I dont have all of the bboys cds. How many cds do they have? I like Pauls Boutique the best. I really love there music alot.

tdot04
07-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Pauls Boutique... no question. 3-Minute Rule is the joint (y)

100% ILL
07-27-2004, 12:53 PM
I dont have all of the bboys cds. How many cds do they have? I like Pauls Boutique the best. I really love there music alot.

Licensed To Ill -1986
Paul's Boutique -1989
Check Your Head -1992
Ill Communication -1994
Hello Nasty -1998
TT5B -2004

Also they have an Anthology 2 cd collection that came out in 1999
They did an instrumental CD called The In Sound From Way Out
And the Root Down EP

They also have some stuff out from the pre LTI days called Some Old Bullshit,it's pretty much all punk rock stuff.

eraweb2
07-27-2004, 12:55 PM
What about ill comunications it has sabotage,It's my favorite.

Marjo
07-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Check your Head will always be my favorite! (y) :D

robofoo76
07-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Pauls Boutique

frisky girl
07-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Each album is unique and brilliant in its own way. TT5B is great and the old ones all wear well over time. I've just rediscovered HN, after a few years away from it...I think I like it even more this time around.

JohnnyChavello
07-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Can we quit pretending that The In Sound From Way Out and Sounds of Science are albums? I feel kind of sorry for people who've come to Beastie Boys in this way. In my opinion, it ruins the continuity of listening to their albums to listen to compilations prior to hearing the albums those songs are taken from.

1. Paul's
2. Licensed to Ill
3. Check Your Head
4. To the 5 Boroughs
5. Ill Communication
6. Hello Nasty

Beastie Bob
07-27-2004, 06:13 PM
In order:

Check (best musical album)
TT5B (best lyrical album)
Paul's (most unique album)
Hello (a bit of everything)
License (breakthrough)
Ill Com. (Overall, not the best, but has a few great songs)

I spent all day thinking about this

mikedzlilfreak
07-27-2004, 10:54 PM
all of them

The Eric H Show
07-28-2004, 01:02 AM
its all about Licensed 2 Ill

every song on that cd is pure classic and pure genius

paul's botique is a master piece, but of a few of the songs on track 15 are a bit wierd.

so the point is L2I is the greatest album of all time, but every b boy cd is a masterpiece

100% ILL
07-28-2004, 07:11 AM
No doubt LTI is/was ground breaking, but let's face it; I was 12 when it came out, I'm 30 now. I have grown up and so have they.I prefer everything from Check your head on the most because each album is a progression of their talent and skills. I see TT5B's as their return to Hip-Hop with a vengence masterpiece. Hello Nasty was Like PB on steroids, very diverse I have just recently began to appreciate some of the more obscure tracks on it. Check your Head was in a class by itself as well, It's got some Great Hip-Hop tracks on it and some stellar instrumental jam sessions on it. Then just for good measure they throw in some punk rock. When I first heard it I was blown away. Ill Communications in my opinion is a "good" record of course it's got Sabotage which is a staple,and my personal favorite Sure Shot. However, I kind of view it as the thrown together album. Some stuff left over from CYH and some (alot) of instrumentals. It's my least favorite.

jaybeastie4evr
07-28-2004, 11:28 AM
this is the thread that prompted me to join this discussion...hands down my favorite BBoys album of all time is PAUL'S BOUTIQUE..that album is raw and so ahead of their time...a classic that still rocks up until now...i think it set the precedence to all future BBOY greatness...thanks for letting me share my 2 pennies :)

beastiefan35
07-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Mine would be check your head so watcha want is why.

Thundercracker
07-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Lisenced To Ill!

it just kicks so much ass...

waxaddict
07-31-2004, 01:17 AM
Hello Nasty

BROOKLYN DRAGON
07-31-2004, 03:22 AM
4 a very long time, paul's boutique was NO DOUBT THE best album EVER!!!!! Buuuuuuut...->Hello nasty is somethin infuckincredible. I no longer have 1 favorite. I just cant choose.

giannidewop
07-31-2004, 03:44 AM
pauls boutiqe. or maybe check your head

ExplodiblEolio
08-04-2004, 04:56 PM
I have a favorite bboy record for every mood:

Excited - Hello Nasty :D
Happy - TT5B
Thugish - Paul's Boutique :cool:
Contemplative or spliffed - In sound from the way out :rolleyes:
Pissed - aglio e olio :mad:
Horny - Check your head

mandabelle
08-04-2004, 05:04 PM
1. Paul's Boutique
2. Ill Communication
3. TT5B
4. LTI
5. Check Your Head
6. Hello Nasty

But I love em all!

ShortyGurly624
08-05-2004, 12:36 AM
Licensed to Ill and Ill Communication are my all time favorites. :D. Paul Revere is a kick ass song on LTI and Sure Shot is kick ass on IC

Flintlock James
08-05-2004, 07:46 AM
My favorite album was Hello Nasty. all their cd's were great even the new one is awesome. just wanna say thank you to the Beastie Boys for being so creative and also putting sooo much time and effort into making their cds.

grand_wizard8
08-06-2004, 01:39 AM
Hello Nasty is nice mix which pretty much sums up the beastie boys as a whole I think. But I could listen to Pauls boutique all day, only it lacks a couple of crucial songs like flute loop, sure shot, root down, and sabotage.

Ashleigh
08-06-2004, 05:40 AM
from the dude in the land down under! (Australia...)
-Peace out.
-Felix...

Rock on!! another Aussie!! Where are you from- im from Adelaide (the hole ;) )

Heads up Melb, i wanna come down theres soon!!

But...I only have TT5B and Sounds of Science (SOS - That album SO does not need saving)

But reading all of this makes me want to buy all of their old albums - and im going to. But I have to save up - I leave for South Africa in 16 days. My sis is taking me. Im SOOOOO excited. The only thing that is going to stop me from killing my younger bro on the 15 hour trip over is my diskman, my Beastie albums and A LOT of batteries!!

Speedygee
08-06-2004, 06:10 AM
I like all BB albums, but if I have to choose only one – it’s Paul’s Boutique! :rolleyes:

senser
09-08-2004, 10:47 AM
in order:

ill communication ( by a mile)
check your head
hello nasty
TT5B
PAULS BOUTIQUE
Licence to ill
in sound from way out
root down ep
sounds of science ;)

yeahwho
09-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Paul’s Boutique. Set a standard that no ones matched. The Gods of Scratch sprinkled Pixie Dust on this release.

Darko
09-08-2004, 02:50 PM
I'd say my favourite is a tie between Paul's Boutique and Hello Nasty, both masterpieces in their own way. Hello Nasty's packed full of music, you can listen to this CD for years and still find something new each time you put it on. And not one song sounds the same as any other. You've got songs like Unite, which sounds like an arcade game on acid , the 70's rock groove of Remote Control, the 60's pop psychedelia of Song for the Man and And Me, and the quiet I Don't Know which sounds like it came from a Cat Stevens record. We'll never see another album like Hello Nasty, mainly because I don't think anyone could do this much variety so successfully as they did.

Paul's Boutique is pretty dense too, but in a different way. If there's one album that shows why sampling can be useful, it's PB. With the help from the brillian Dust Brothers, the BB created a CD that once again was ahead of it's time back in '89. There's not much you can say about it that hasn't been said already. This is an album that everyone should own, and it helps prove why the BB are some of the most important artists working today.

FAN of ADROCK
09-08-2004, 06:18 PM
when i heard HN for the first time, i said, DAMN, hello nasty, where you been? it must have been down deep in the beasties record bin.........

hello nasty is my favorite album, if u really need to know.

dankdaddy jorun
09-09-2004, 12:50 AM
In order :

PAULS BOUTIQUE (this and De La Soul's '3 feet high & rising" are my 2 fave lp's of all time.)

Licence to ill (came out at the right time ...just when Regan was heading out the door)

check your head (no one can make a drastic change in their sound and pull it off so perfectly w/o losing fans)

root down ep (superb...not much else to say)

hello nasty (i don't know why ppl fronted on this lp. this was really well done and still will stand the test of time)

ill communication (they lost me for a sec here but after hearing "get it together"... i got it together too)

TT5B is my least favorite... maybe cause there are a lot more fast forward moments here (in terms of beats) than any other lp they put out. But still... it's the beasties.. i'm just glad they're still here

DGAF
09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Check Your Head

sistertoast
09-10-2004, 08:34 AM
I don't know thier other albums. but I'll get them when I get some money. I really like the new one.

Johanna
09-10-2004, 08:37 AM
LTI, TT5B and hello nasty!

MoTownFUNK
09-10-2004, 11:35 AM
discography - top that

ChaunceyBillups
09-10-2004, 02:11 PM
My favorite BBoys album always has and always will be "Check Your Head". Probably my favorite album period...

Love And Theft
09-12-2004, 01:22 PM
1. Licensed To Ill
1. To The 5 Boroughs
3. Paul's Boutique
4. Check Your Head
5. Hello Nasty
6. Ill Communication

Clarence89
09-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Its between Paul's Boutique and Check Ya head. These in my opinion are their two most creative albums. Pauls boutique is one of the best hip-hop cd's ever period and it was way ahead of its time. It's a cd you can never get tired of, Iv'e listened to it 1000 times and everytime I find something new. Check Ya head was very ground-breaking as well, with the funky instrumentals and rock/hip-hop/funk tracks. The combination of sound is truly different and their is not many other groups that are that eclectic with their music. (y)
MY list of their major Lp's in order- From Best to worst
1. Paul's boutique
2. Check ya head
3. Hello Nasty
4. Ill communication
5. To the 5 boroughs
6. Licsensed to ill

Stikky
09-16-2004, 06:38 PM
pauls boutique

fingerlickngirl
09-17-2004, 11:24 PM
chalk up another BIG vote for Check Your Head...my stranded on a desert isle take one albumn (by anyone, anytime) pick.

Brass_Munkey
09-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Of the three albums I have,

Those three being Hello Nasty, Licensed To Ill, And TT5B

I must say it is entirely tooooo hard to pick a favorite:

Hello Nasty has the awesome sound clips, instrumentals, and Unite, 3 Mc's and 1 DJ, Intergalactic, The Move...etc etc..When the Beasties needed a strong comeback, they did just that with Hello Nasty...Especially Intergalactic because it was the major track of the album...Its so killer of a CD.

Licensed To Ill has the hilarity and frat themes that keep you rockin and it has great staying power...1986 to now, people still love it. Brass Monkey, Rhymin and Stealin, New Style, and let's not forget the major track of LTI, Fight for Your Right (To Party)..It was indeed a breakthrough, first hip-hop record to reach #1 on the billboard charts.

TT5B is the most cohesive and lyrically based album the B-Boys have released to date. Ch-Check It Out, Triple Trouble, and Rhyme the Rhyme well carry this CD, the heaviest hitter still to be decided. It delivers on every level, and after six years nobody expected them to come back as strong as before, but they did.

grass_roots
09-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Ill communication, kno boudt aboot it ;)

check your head is a close second

and consequently Theinsoundfromwayout(even if it isn't an actual album) comes in at number 3

hello nasty comes in with a solid 4th place

pauls boutique with nothing to be ashamed at sits comfortably on the 5th floor of this musical pagoda

License To Ill brings up the rear in 6th but still holds it's rightful place in my heart of jeuvanile hearts

unrankables are without a doubt some old bullshit and aglio oglio, or whatever the fack the name is of that short one with the stick man on the front

migwich, peace, namaste

bboifan
09-20-2004, 08:37 PM
Rock on!! another Aussie!! Where are you from- im from Adelaide (the hole ;) )

Heads up Melb, i wanna come down theres soon!!

But...I only have TT5B and Sounds of Science (SOS - That album SO does not need saving)

But reading all of this makes me want to buy all of their old albums - and im going to. But I have to save up - I leave for South Africa in 16 days. My sis is taking me. Im SOOOOO excited. The only thing that is going to stop me from killing my younger bro on the 15 hour trip over is my diskman, my Beastie albums and A LOT of batteries!!
The Best is Paul's Boutiqe

i love n.y
09-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Personally i like check your head and then ttfb.

chaosz
09-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Hello Nasty, just because that's the album that I listened to the most and that it is still cool to listen to. But I must say that I don't really know the other albums like I know 'Hello Nasty'. I bought 4 of the 6 albums this summer but I have Hello Nasty for years and still it's my favourite, however LTI is close second

grooveboy
09-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Hello Nasty.

body movin` one of the best songs ever..it`s no wonder fatboyslim remixed it.

fave cd..let me think..uhmm paul`s boutique

Ilovekingadrock
09-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Is a hard decision, but I have to say Paul's boutique and Hello nasty.

Ilovekingadrock
09-21-2004, 04:00 PM
From best to worst
1. Paul's boutique
2. Check ya head
3. Hello Nasty
4. Ill communication
5. To the 5 boroughs
6. Licsensed to ill

I'm agree with you, I don't like Licensed to ill either

Brass_Munkey
09-21-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm agree with you, I don't like Licensed to ill either

Your album priorities are clearly misplaced..Licensed To Ill is the illest!

Marjo
09-21-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm really into Ill communication now....it's so nice! :p

Junker
09-23-2004, 05:09 AM
This is hard to say..........but I think "Paul's Boutique" and "Check Your Head" makes me happy every time I hear them.
But I love all their albums

TheBrouhaha
09-23-2004, 07:43 AM
I would automatically say Hello Nasty, but Check Your Head's been sounding really good lately. So Hello Nasty and Check Your Head for a tie. I'll just make a list.

1. Hello Nasty
2. Check Your Head
3. Paul's Boutique
4. Licensed to Ill
5. To the 5 Boroughs
6. Ill Communication

Gabriely
09-23-2004, 07:50 AM
1pb
2tt5b
3LTI and IC
4CYH and HN

Aussie_Boy
09-25-2004, 03:24 AM
HELLO NASTY!!

BMK
09-25-2004, 08:06 AM
1st Hello Nasty
2nd Ill Communication
3rd Paul's B
4th Check Your Head
5th Licensed To Ill
6th TT5B
7th SOS

framboiseatomik
09-25-2004, 10:18 PM
My favorite beastie boys album is hello nasty

bgirl_jess
09-27-2004, 12:55 PM
a tie between Hello nasty & Paul's boutique

Love And Theft
09-29-2004, 08:40 PM
1. Licensed To Ill
1. To The 5 Boroughs
3. Paul's Boutique
4. Check Your Head
5. Hello Nasty
6. Ill Communication

Tied for 1st is, To The 5 Boroughs, Check Your Head, and Paul's Boutique. Closely behind is Licensed To Ill, Then Ill Communication.

adam_pl
09-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Licesnsed to ill.
Easy choise

beastieboy4life
10-07-2004, 05:38 PM
lisenced to ill

Lindz2021
10-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Check Your Head... most definately :o

Lindsey_1535
10-17-2004, 04:09 PM
hello nasty

SSthrila21
10-17-2004, 06:02 PM
i love all the beastie boys cds them and Bob Marley r the greatest musical people i have ever herd. If i had to choose an album that ssticks out from the rest it would be licens to Ill but they all r sweat

JustXCallum
11-28-2004, 05:28 PM
1. Aglio e Olio
2. Check Your Head
3. Some Old Bullshit
4. Pauls Boutique
5. TT5B
6. Ill Communication
7. Hello Nasty
8. License to Ill

I'mTheMacaroni
11-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Hello Nasty

Happyrunr
11-28-2004, 07:44 PM
My favorite beastie boys album is hello nasty

Mine too. Cant stop listening to it in the car.

Same with Beastiebiatch

BeastieBoy427
12-11-2004, 09:10 PM
My Number one is Licensed to Ill! TT5B is my other number one! (cuz its what got me into the beastie boys) (i'm only 13 so thats why i just got into them)

Brooklyn Babe
12-16-2004, 09:10 PM
I love them all so much, but if I had to pick just one - I'd have to say Paul's Boutique.

whoomoi
12-16-2004, 09:12 PM
^^^ yeah same here

Sure shot
12-16-2004, 09:25 PM
hello nasty, although i don't have pauls boutique

jjjjjj
12-16-2004, 09:47 PM
if i HAD to choose it'd be a tie between pauls boutique and hello nasty

Carolalt
12-21-2004, 03:29 AM
I think Ill Communication is the best album...the tracks are beyond!! bacio!! (lb)

Gin Toxic
12-21-2004, 03:44 AM
This is really hard.....

Top Five

1. Ill Coummunication
2. Check your Head
3. License to Ill
4. Pauls Boutique
5. Hello Nasty

utze
12-21-2004, 04:32 AM
Some punkstyle - first - licensed to ill
Some funkystyle - hello nasty

the best of ´em ist Paul´s Boutique...

TT5B is a nice way to hold us tight - not the best - but ok (y)

thefunkysh!t
12-21-2004, 05:47 AM
I must say that every album is pure genius...but if I had to pick, it is either:

Check Your Head (or)
ILL Communication

...In my opinion, that was when they were in their prime…but they are still coming correct!

Aglio&Olio
12-21-2004, 08:47 AM
1. Aglio e Olio
2. Check Your Head
3. Some Old Bullshit
4. Pauls Boutique
5. TT5B
6. Ill Communication
7. Hello Nasty
8. License to Ill

it's all right man ;)

but no one know "In the sound from the way out"???

Is instrumental cd only>>> song like sabrosa is over :D

the albums of bb is 10 with antology right?? the others are remake and singles :rolleyes:

chrisCro
12-26-2004, 03:50 AM
This thread has to go on!
For those who would like to know, but are not sure:
Licensed to Ill- 1986
Paul's Boutique- 1989
Check Your Head- 1992
Some Old Bullshit- 1994
Ill Communications- 1994
Aglio E Olio- 1995 (EP)
In Sound From Way Out- 1996
Hello Nasty- 1998
Sounds of Science- 1999
TT5B- 2004

I can't choose the best one, but my personal favorites are Check Your Head & Hello Nasty- both for excellently matching the times they were made in and for being timeless. Every track supplements the other and they function as a perfect whole...
I can listen to them always- no matter what mood I'm in

Darko
12-26-2004, 06:08 PM
1. Paul's Boutique and Hello Nasty (Equal Masterpieces)
2. Check Your Head
3. To the 5 Boroughs
4. Ill Communication
5. License to Ill

The Eric H Show
12-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Licensed To Ill all the way peeple.

I always go for the old skool.
But pauls botiques is in a very very very very close second. I love that album.

Hello Nasty is in dead dead last though. lol

FunkyBoss
01-16-2005, 02:12 AM
I think the Beastie Boys' most consistent and listenable album is TT5B. Alot of their other albums have awesome songs on them, some of the best songs ever made, but they throw in alot of shit in between which turns me off them abit.

My favourite album is either Hello Nasty or Ill Communication

cheezdoodle
01-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Hello Nasty is my favorite, it rocks.

Beanie18
01-18-2005, 06:10 PM
1. TT5B
2. Hello Nasty
3. Check Your Head/ Paul's Boutique
4. Licensed to Ill
5. Ill Communication

Love And Theft
01-18-2005, 06:54 PM
1. Licensed To Ill
1. To The 5 Boroughs
3. Paul's Boutique
4. Check Your Head
5. Hello Nasty
6. Ill Communication

More like:
1. Check Your Head
1. To The 5 Boroughs
3. Paul's Boutique
4. Hello Nasty
5. Licensed To Ill
6. Ill Communication

psi36
01-19-2005, 06:19 AM
Ill communication
To the 5 buroughs
Check your head
Paul's Boutique
Licenced to Ill
Hello Nasty

I like Aglio e Olio, but don't really think of it as an album, it's more an EP, al of the songs are kinda the same.
That's why I like Ill Comunicitaion the best. Got some oldskool Hip-Hop (Root Down, Sure Shot), some very good hardcore (Heart Attack Man), beautifull instrumentals and still it ties together very nicely. I'm still amazed when I hear it now, it realy shows the Boys excell in many diferent styles.
Didn't like Hello Nasty that much, strange that it seems to be alost everyones favorite here.

beastieboy4life
01-22-2005, 08:38 PM
i like the new on ebut my favorite would be liscenced to ill

Bronx
01-23-2005, 12:23 PM
PB HN

JessicaT
01-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Hard question... :rolleyes:
I think Hello Nasty (y) .
But every album they have done is special in their own way.

1. Hello Nasty
2. Ill Communication
3. Check your head
4. To the 5 Bouroghs
5. Pauls Boutique
6. Licensed To Ill

calliope
02-06-2005, 04:53 PM
my top3(y)

1. Hello Nasty (addicted to it and... i just cant stop;) )
2. TT5B
3.Pauls boutique

alexandra
02-07-2005, 03:40 AM
Check Your Head (means a lot to me, "it's not just a record". it's changed my life, more or less.) with Aglio E Olio close behind.

FunkyBoss
02-07-2005, 03:47 AM
Too hard to say.

I havent heard the entire Pauls Boutique cd or Licensed to Ill but I really like TT5B. Ill say Hello Nasty or TT5B.

Leonie
02-08-2005, 07:25 AM
I haven't heard them all YET..
I have The Sounds Of Science, TT5B an last weekend I bought Check Your Head, I've gotta say I really love that last one But I really don't know which I like best

b.e.a.s.t.i.e
02-08-2005, 09:34 PM
well probably hello nasty or paul's boutique- i thought check your head and IC where there weakest albums.

graditude
02-08-2005, 09:37 PM
LTI
HN
TT5B

goofball
02-13-2005, 10:14 PM
in order

1. ill communication
2. pauls boutique
3. check your head
4. hello nasty
5. to the five boroughs
6. licensed to ill

mris
02-14-2005, 10:38 AM
License to Ill

CrankItUp!
02-14-2005, 10:43 AM
License to Ill my all time fav too ! (y)

beastiegirl18
02-14-2005, 03:14 PM
In order

Check your head
Some old bullshit
To the 5 boroughs
Paul's boutique
Hello nasty
Ill communication
Aglio e olio

I must be the only person who doesn't like Lisensed to ill. I don't like it because the only topic in each song is Girls and beer.

Beastieluver1
02-14-2005, 08:53 PM
I like them all but ive been listenin to Hello Nasty alot.....MUCH LOVE TO ALL THEIR SONGS/ALBUMS...WOO!!!

Fint
02-15-2005, 03:28 AM
My favourite are Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head.

fatsobob
02-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I gotta go with Paul's Boutique and Hello Nasty

mcafan420
02-17-2005, 09:26 PM
PAULS BOUTIQUE BY FAR!!!

RT400z
02-18-2005, 03:26 AM
I love all of them because they all hav their own sound but pauls boutique is probably my favorite.

BrassMonkey1991
02-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Hello Nasty,
Enough Said... :cool:

meniri mca
02-18-2005, 06:41 PM
here in chile, it`s hard to find the beastie boys albums, but hello nasty is the best of beastie boys

RookieOfTheYear
02-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Check Your Head.

GiantRobotFeet
03-07-2005, 02:40 PM
My favorite is Ill Communication.

Intergalactic_B
03-08-2005, 05:10 AM
in order

1. Check Your Head
2. Hello Nasty/Aglio E Olio
3. License To Ill
4. Ill Communication
5. To The 5 Boroughs/Some Old Bullshit

customX
03-08-2005, 02:38 PM
1.Check Your Head
2.Ill Communication
3.Licensed to Ill
4.Hello Nasty
5.TT5B

mca47
03-08-2005, 06:49 PM
PAULS BOUTIQUE BY FAR!!!

what he said ^
:)

Intergalactic_B
03-09-2005, 03:59 AM
dammit ive never even heard pb but i want to so bad ;)

b-girl74
03-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Uhhhh... this is a hard one, they are all so great! Hello Nasty and pb have alot of songs, tt5b is fresh and new and ill communication has alot of beautiful instrumentals... its so hard... I cant choose one...

dodgy bob
03-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Ill communication is without doubt the best BB album, but i get all reminiscent when i hear Licensed to ill, them were the days!

Junker
03-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Man, really beastie boys' fans know that their best albums are Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head. This questions always makes me crazy 'cause all their albums are awesome and all of them are different from each other. Only Check Your Head and Ill Communication are a little similar. But Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head really changed the conception of music. They created new horizons and brought a lot of contribution to contemporary music.

dodgy bob
03-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah but licensed to Ill brought us the Beastie Boys and Ill Communication gave us "Sabotage!"

dodgy bob
03-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah but licensed to Ill brought us the Beastie Boys and Ill Communication gave us "Sabotage"

Junker
03-10-2005, 06:33 AM
Yeah but licensed to Ill brought us the Beastie Boys and Ill Communication gave us "Sabotage!"

Well, i didnt mention Ill Communication cause for me it is very similar to Check Your Head. But it rocks at the same proportion that CYH. Also, IC has one of my favorites beastie boys song and video: SURE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrobin
03-10-2005, 07:26 AM
wow, being asked to chose which beastie boys album i like best is just not fair. i mean they are all so good that i could not possibly choose.
-Adrobin

suzi
03-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Right now Paul's Boutique but sometimes I think Check Your Head.

boys_beastie
05-13-2005, 03:19 AM
when people are writing a best to worst album list are they forgetting the in sound from way out? or just skipping it? :confused: cause i really like it. i no some songs are taken from albums but still...

i like em different on different days d^.^b

i like to listen to in sound from way out when im eatin. :D (y)

but check your head and ill communication and liscensed to ill and TTFB and hello nasty and pauls boutique and TISFWO is my personnal favourite :D

WEllS

boys_beastie
05-13-2005, 03:22 AM
i thought check your head and IC where there weakest albums.

EEEK :eek: CYH is inspiring. especially the story about it.

Killer B.
05-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Personally, I think their two best albums, would have to Licensed To Ill, and Hello Nasty, I mean, Licensed To Ill has those funky ass beats, and straight-up dope rhymes that started it all (plus ADROCK's voice in them is hilarious), and Hello Nasty has the some of the slyest rhymes heard to man, but all in all, there all off the hizzy, and thats no lie.

jackrock
05-13-2005, 07:31 PM
hello... NASTY!!! and TT5B
and i got a question for all yall... wats up with "crem de la crem"????

bobi
05-14-2005, 03:47 AM
For me HN IC LTI TT5B

Cristin
05-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Paul's Boutique

SILVERBEASTIE
05-19-2005, 01:17 AM
I reckon this thread could stay live a fresh every week! cause if you're like moi....it changes every week!! THIS WEEKS FAV IS....PB ;)

boys_beastie
05-19-2005, 04:37 PM
mine tends to change. its cause i play every bboys song on my mp3 player on random, so it'll play something ace, so ill listen to that album for a bit, go back to ran and the cycle restarts. this week in my brain....

CHECK YOUR HEAD!!

last week...PAULS BOUTIQUE

stay tuned for next weeks....

loOlz

BroomHead
06-20-2005, 09:58 AM
PB
CYH
TT5B
IC
HN <----I need to listen to this one more.
LTI

SuckerMC
06-21-2005, 05:29 AM
Paul's boutique... easily... well not easily, but it is their best... JUST GENIUS!!!!

i mean, every song on that album is incredible... words cant describe that album

1. PB
2. CYH
3. The rest are all equal

IronicAllure
08-01-2005, 11:25 PM
PB
LTI
IC CYH(EQUAL)
HN
TT5B
(y) :D
They're all good :rolleyes:

laurie_hammy
09-09-2005, 01:04 AM
1: Ill Communication

2: The Rest Equal

fu schnickens
10-04-2005, 08:44 PM
paul's boutique is by far the best. they couldn't make that album today with having to pay for all the samples. it's the best and features a lot of old school samples. i also found a website that sells old school t-shirts and has a beastie t as well. it's www.manifestworldwide.com be sure to ch-check it out.

BeastieLips
10-04-2005, 10:45 PM
1. Paul's Boutique
Hello Nasty and Check Your Head tie for 2nd.

miss pie
11-16-2005, 09:38 PM
to the 5 boroughs and pauls boutique.

Chad the Lad
12-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Pauls Boutique, no question!

(y)

kleptomaniac
12-03-2005, 03:06 PM
three words....

CHECK YOUR HEAD! :eek: (y) (y)

but then again.....i've been listening to paul's boutique a LOT lately... :o

Guy Incognito
12-03-2005, 07:22 PM
three words....

but then again.....i've been listening to paul's boutique a LOT lately... :o

Yup definitely Check Your Head - Hello Nasty close second. I know this might offend a few people but I think Pauls Boutique has got a few weak tracks. Its got some quality , dont get me wrong I just think it was the start of the beastie boys proper and they've got better each album(mostly!)TT5B is sort of another new start .

Videodrome
12-03-2005, 07:34 PM
got to go with check your head.

fucktopgirl
12-03-2005, 08:57 PM
i think every album of beaties is good.Today i bought"the in sound from way out",this is only instrumental with tune form "chgek your head",ill communication"and i might forget others album.

I like it a lot.
i think they should do another instrumental album,that would be (y) A the fuck one!

Prof. Griff
12-03-2005, 09:31 PM
I have listened to almost all of them but my favorite is IC :D

meniri mca
12-04-2005, 11:13 AM
hello nasty, aglio e olio, tt5b, paul's botique.

WELL. I like them all :p

adrock14
12-04-2005, 02:01 PM
all of them (!) (y) :)

laurie_hammy
12-08-2005, 02:20 AM
all of them (!) (y) :)

Im gonna have to agree with ya there.

Jabbadahut
12-11-2005, 05:35 PM
It's licensed to Ill, those are the classics, the only bad song his hold it now hit it

beastie bee
12-11-2005, 08:05 PM
hello nasty

JAMESMMCKENNEY
12-15-2005, 06:18 PM
License to ill all the way

laurie_hammy
12-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Hold It Now Hit It Bad Song? :eek:
Uhh.. No

kleptomaniac
01-22-2006, 01:47 PM
three words....

okay, i've been listening to ill communication a LOT lately
and i just gotta say.....

ill communication is my new favorite album. (lb)

can you handle that, america? hmm? can ya?

blahblah4898
01-22-2006, 06:27 PM
yeah i'd say ill communication or check your head

POllywogBboy
01-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Like Ma bell i got the ill communication (y)

Chicka B
01-22-2006, 07:36 PM
I been diggin Ill Communication lately too!

kleptomaniac
01-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Looks like we're all coming down with some serious ill communication FEVER! :cool: (y)

6 point 7
01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
IT might go on hiatus, as far as which one i'm listening to the most, but it will always be the best album and the one that got me hooked back in 1992.

Check Your Head.

I listened to them back during the LTI days but never became obsessed until i was listening to them in the back of my friends car and was blown away by the change they made from LTI to Check Your Head.

laurie_hammy
01-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Looks like we're all coming down with some serious ill communication FEVER! :cool: (y)

THATS THE WAY YALL !

vickista
02-24-2006, 03:22 AM
they are all awsum but when ur home alone and you just wanna break out there is nothing better then the old skool originals like licensed to ill.

Johnny Railroad
02-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Paul`s Boutique
Some old Bullshit
Aglio e Olio

solcofn
03-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Paul`s Boutique

nuff said. (y) :cool:

minorthreat
03-15-2006, 03:10 AM
paul's boutique is the groundbreaking epic, but my favourite is check your head, followed by hello nasty

da_trashman_atx
03-16-2006, 07:48 AM
NO QUESTION the best album the Beasties ever made was Ill Communication. Back then I didn't listen to rap, and that album just totally changed that. It was a transition album for me when I copped the tape some 11 years ago. I was in middle school, and I remember I played the tape for my friend Saturnino, and when he heard the part during B Boys making wit the freak freak where the dude says "if this gonna be that kinda party im gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes", he couldn't stop laughing. He made me give him my tape, for that year I finally afforded a cd player. Man, I really couldn't say what the fuck i'd be listening to now if it weren't for that album. I can recite most all the lyrics by heart. I can do that too for To the 5 Boroughts, thats my second favorite album. If anything the track An Open Letter to New York really clinches it for me. "Asian, Middle Eastern, And Latin, Black, White, New York You Make It Happen!" Being of Middle Eastern, Latino, and American Indian heritage, the rhyme strikes a chord with me. In a time of sensless patriotic racism, the Beasties said Fuck all that and I am forever a fan. "I hope those mufukers like marijuana burn, and they rock the mic till the urn!" -mc dope- atx4life:D

laurie_hammy
03-16-2006, 08:29 AM
NO QUESTION the best album the Beasties ever made was Ill Communication. Back then I didn't listen to rap, and that album just totally changed that. It was a transition album for me when I copped the tape some 11 years ago. I was in middle school, and I remember I played the tape for my friend Saturnino, and when he heard the part during B Boys making wit the freak freak where the dude says "if this gonna be that kinda party im gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes", he couldn't stop laughing. He made me give him my tape, for that year I finally afforded a cd player. Man, I really couldn't say what the fuck i'd be listening to now if it weren't for that album. I can recite most all the lyrics by heart. I can do that too for To the 5 Boroughts, thats my second favorite album. If anything the track An Open Letter to New York really clinches it for me. "Asian, Middle Eastern, And Latin, Black, White, New York You Make It Happen!" Being of Middle Eastern, Latino, and American Indian heritage, the rhyme strikes a chord with me. In a time of sensless patriotic racism, the Beasties said Fuck all that and I am forever a fan. "I hope those mufukers like marijuana burn, and they rock the mic till the urn!" -mc dope- atx4life:D

ILL COMMUNICATION !!!!!!!!! Definately my fav album. Nice man nice (!)

GoLean
03-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Paul's Boutique.

You can just put that on, and sweat to the oldies.

I kinda like Check Your Head, too. I like when they play instead of sample sometimes. But that's me. Stiff competion all around, which is a good thing

OhwordBBGURL
03-20-2006, 08:58 AM
pauls boutique thats my favorite (y)

kleptomaniac
03-20-2006, 04:09 PM
!!THIS JUST IN!!

klepto is in a "paul's boutique" mood today :cool:

mishkat
03-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Depends upon my mood

laurie_hammy
03-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Depends upon my mood

yep

steve-onpoint
03-27-2006, 12:12 AM
The rap one.

laurie_hammy
03-27-2006, 06:28 AM
The rap one.

Word Up

blahblah4898
03-27-2006, 10:30 AM
paul's boutique i guess just because it works as an entire allbum. CYH/IC would be close seconds.

stan everett
03-27-2006, 04:15 PM
all of them except check your head Its still good but the others are sublime

Keyser
03-30-2006, 06:02 PM
CHECK YOUR HEAD

groove monster

deadbeatz1
03-31-2006, 01:12 PM
PAUL'S BOUTIQUE... You can listen from front to back without much (if any) skipping tracks. It changed the face of rap, taking sampling to a whole new level. They went from the "Licensed To Ill" party favors to real hip-hop heads. Sadly, this was most under-appreciated when it came out. I didn't get into it until 5 years later... Now I search for the original songs that were sampled... (Funk Factory was the most difficult to find on vinyl...) Do the Beastie Boys even read these? Do they even listen to the remixes? Give me a shout out, Mike and Adam(s)...

deadbeatz1
03-31-2006, 01:14 PM
PAUL'S BOUTIQUE... You can listen from front to back without much (if any) skipping tracks. It changed the face of rap, taking sampling to a whole new level. They went from the "Licensed To Ill" party favors to real hip-hop heads. Sadly, this was most under-appreciated when it came out. I didn't get into it until 5 years later... Now I search for the original songs that were sampled... (Funk Factory was the most difficult to find on vinyl...) Do the Beastie Boys even read these? Do they even listen to the remixes? Give me a shout out, Mike and Adam(s)... I might be peakin' or freakin' cuz I ROCKWELL...

HelenHelper
04-07-2006, 05:26 AM
I love them all. lol. I cannot wait to see the new movie. I missed the sneak preview in my area. boo me. (n)

gdogg
04-19-2006, 09:11 PM
For me its Pauls B. with Check Your Head a close 2nd. Fan since 1984:D

natalieuk
05-18-2006, 08:38 AM
yeah deffo hello nasty. a beastie album like no other!!!

kate-gun
05-19-2006, 09:29 PM
I'll never answer this question

[too difficult]

stashspade
05-21-2006, 11:54 PM
"Licensed To Ill" that's the one that started it all for me

aboislove
05-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Check Your Head!

first beastie boy album i ever listened to and its still my favorite.

AndILoveMike!
06-07-2006, 06:31 AM
check your head! Do you know why Beasties call "Aglio e Olio" with italian words? I' ve read they love Italy... Come here, dearssss! I give you welcome!

Freebasser
06-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Curtain Call

freqsh0w
06-10-2006, 08:25 AM
yo.. isnt curtain call eminem?

first one i listened to was ill communication. i like it pretty well.(y)

admsitio
06-10-2006, 08:24 PM
I love all of them... but... Paul's boutique is greatttt!

voltanapricot
06-11-2006, 03:55 AM
Curtain Call
im so $ick of ppl like yu comeing on here and taking the p***. wtf is the point.

wtf?

jlees_mcsd
06-14-2006, 08:29 PM
license to ill

THE BEST.

boabsta
07-05-2006, 02:39 PM
pauls boutique or check your head although all are excellent.

sound isnt as good on cd tho and vinyl is a must for the real sound.

also "awesome i fucking shot that" is awesome and will be goin on repeat on the dvd when it goes on general. ;)

Thebanjohype
07-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Deadbeatz - you're 100% right. It's my total favorite, and like you said you looked for the songs, I listened to all those songs, for the Wikipedia articles, just to be sure I had the right info. It was pretty darn fun.

amedeo
07-07-2006, 09:20 AM
I love all Beastie Boys albums, but I think Hallo Nasty is the best!

Salve a tutti voi che parlate italiano, anche se penso che sarete ben pochi in quello sputo di paese chiamato Stati Uniti. Et je veux aussi laisser un message à les Françaises, Niqe Sarko! Et nique l'état. Hasta siempre comandante Guevara. Spero solo che non mi blocchino l'account sti Fasci americani!

Funkyfreshgrape
07-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Right now Check Your Head, but I haven't been listening to music lately, not really in the mood, but I listened to that album last, and that made no sense... :o
word!:D

hehe!

GoStellaGo
07-19-2006, 12:39 PM
paul's boutique - of course
--------------------------------------------------------
Listen to Hey Ladies by Beastie Boys : http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/13244310

Randetica
07-20-2006, 04:58 AM
everything between license to ill and tt5b

remi4979
07-21-2006, 01:51 PM
mine is my live in sydney australia concert. after that its check your head. it was nice to here those guitars again.

new_wave
07-21-2006, 04:40 PM
wow its a triple tie
between
pauls boutique
check your @#$#
hello nasty

alleyezonme6198
07-22-2006, 12:49 PM
PAUL'S BOUTIQUE... You can listen from front to back without much (if any) skipping tracks. It changed the face of rap, taking sampling to a whole new level. They went from the "Licensed To Ill" party favors to real hip-hop heads. Sadly, this was most under-appreciated when it came out. I didn't get into it until 5 years later... Now I search for the original songs that were sampled... (Funk Factory was the most difficult to find on vinyl...) Do the Beastie Boys even read these? Do they even listen to the remixes? Give me a shout out, Mike and Adam(s)...

def right PB is the best album of all time its their best without question for me and the best rap album i think ever

djc1980
07-23-2006, 03:06 AM
ill communication

new_wave
07-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Yeah I totally agree I love PB I totaly played it over and over for about
5 years waiting for a new album. I kept putting in search queries
at Kaza for about a month finaly found all the songs on Pb
unfortunately I lost them now I cant find any of them anywhere
on Kaza or morpheus oh well I would wrather have the original cd anyway
PB totaly rocks there is no other album like it to this day totally ahead
of its time when I die im going to have PB play at my funeral
hello nasty is @#&$ prety good too
thanks for the feedback deadbeats1.

new_wave
07-23-2006, 07:31 PM
cant get enough of that f@#$ing funk love hello nasty as much as PB
hard to top it

ggirlballa
07-24-2006, 08:43 PM
currently

Hello Nasty(y) :cool:

natalieuk
07-25-2006, 02:41 AM
i agree. I love Paul's Boutique because, even though it didn't sell half as much as expected, it shocked people because it was so different from LTI and everyone thought they had them sussed as arragant bastards. Paul's B is the beastie boys doing thier own thing and they've lasted nearly twenty years doing just that!

I love Hello nasty because it is so uncatergorizable (is that a word?)

A.B.S.
07-25-2006, 10:21 AM
gotta say pauls boutique or check your head. both are hip hop classics. i was the first person to buy hello nasty in california but that shit can't stand up to the albums of the past. my remix mixtape is gonna be your new favorite though.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/allbadshit/BEASTIEC1OVERweb.jpg

GuzzO
07-27-2006, 03:15 AM
Hi!
my favourite album is "ill comunication" because i can hear different kind of music: rap, hardcore, and weird fellows who say "oowwooowwwoooooooooowwooooooowwoooooo" (you know, the budist dudes)
:p ;) :D (y)

BBboy20
08-20-2006, 05:51 PM
'86-'04

AdRockGRL
08-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Licensed To ill I think...
but I must admit that I'm totally mad for "The Insound From Way Out"...i simply love it!

JTG
08-27-2006, 09:41 AM
i think ill communication is da best album as it has lots of good trax on it lyk sure shot, root down and sabotage!

getlive
09-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Check your head

and In Songs from Way Out

kleptomaniac
09-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Check your head

and In Sound from Way Out

i'm in a check your head mood today (lb)

best instrumentals (y)
something's got to give...someday we shall all be one....

*sighs*

ggirlballa
09-19-2006, 10:40 PM
i went thru my Check Your Head phase a few months ago, now i'm into Paul's Boutique and and it's starting to change to To The 5 Boroughs(y)

kenita
09-22-2006, 06:56 PM
to me, check your head

PUREHATE
09-22-2006, 11:45 PM
SOME OL BULLSHIT... The tracks on NY THRASH... Licensed is dope, also.

baltogrl71
09-23-2006, 06:29 PM
This is way too hard, because they are so versatile you can't just have one.I can tell you Ill communication is in the cd right now, but I have been favoring tt5b(you know cuz I'm a funky ass jew)Sounds of science is a great mix of there stuff, Oh and Mike D made a remix of king without a crown with Matisyahu freakin great!

SandyLove
09-23-2006, 07:16 PM
I frequently listen to their Greatist Hits Anthology, it came with back stories to their tracks on how they came up with creating their wonderful masterpieces!

Adam Horowitz you're Hot!;)

kleptomaniac
09-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I frequently listen to their Greatist Hits Anthology, it came with back stories to their tracks on how they came up with creating their wonderful masterpieces!

Adam Horowitz you're Hot!;)

horovitz, but otherwise you're dead-on (y)

SandyLove
09-24-2006, 01:06 PM
horovitz, but otherwise you're dead-on (y)

OOps, heh, yeah thats what i meant to type Horovitz...typo! :o

birdfloatindown
10-02-2006, 10:43 PM
I love Hello Nasty, although Paul's Boutique is great, too. It depends on what mood I'm in.

new_wave
10-13-2006, 03:18 PM
beasty boys are still the shit wish theyd make another album
like pauls boutique heavy on the disco

disco is not dead

new wave out

kleptomaniac
10-24-2006, 07:45 PM
i'm in a paul's boutique state of mind.