PDA

View Full Version : Tofu banana cheese cake!

phazerkid
07-24-2004, 02:14 AM
here it is pia! and anyone else who like a bit of tofu in their tummy..

ingredients
base-
100g butter
1 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup rolled oats

filling-
1 packet silken tofu 300g (you can buy desert tofu in mango and passionfruit flavours, i reccomend using that)
100g cottage cheese
2 bananas peeled
2 tsp honey
juice and rind of 1/2 lemon

1. pre heat the oven 180oc or 350oF
2. melt the butter, honey and sugar together in a pan. bring to the boil and stir in the oats.
3. press the mixture in to a flan ring or baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
4 blend all of the filling ingredients until smooth. pour over the base and chill for 24 hours (or however long you can wait ^_^)

thats it, it tastes great! although it goes a bit grey over a few days, it is still fine to eat!

b-grrrlie
07-24-2004, 06:01 AM
Sounds yummy! I've never seen desert tofu's around here anywhere :rolleyes:

thats it, it tastes great! although it goes a bit grey over a few days, it is still fine to eat!
I don't think it would last a few days, not in my house anyway ;)

KingPsyz
07-24-2004, 06:38 AM
one thing, why bother with tofu if youre using dairy and honey anyway?

phazerkid
07-24-2004, 07:13 AM
what does tofu have to do with dairy etc? its just another food.
if you are reffering to vegetarianism then i still eat bi-products because i choose to, i just don't eat meat for moral reasons.

KingPsyz
07-24-2004, 11:04 AM
just asking, since the tofu in this dish is a replacement for the cream cheese.
maybe using raw sugar and some soft or medium tofu with some soy or rice milk added to replace the honey and cottage cheese.

ms.peachy
07-24-2004, 01:34 PM
You can definitely use those other ingredients if you want to make it vegan, not a problem.

I imagine in the original recipe tofu is preferrable to cream cheese because it is less 'bad for you' - lower fat, lower cholesterol, usable phytoestrogens, etc etc.

blue ekko
07-25-2004, 08:30 PM
when i make my "cream cheese pie" i use pure maple syrup as a sweetner .it works awesome! eat well and enjoy!