PDA

View Full Version : tpk back at it again - pass the mic

tpk
07-24-2004, 10:54 PM
the last remix i did got kind of a good response so i don't think i can keep up with that tempo. here's a remix though of pass the mic - kind of dark and deep style. just thought pass the mic is straight up like that.

samples used:

AZ - Love Is Love
Bazuka - Dynomite

plus some minor shit

the rest i did myself including the beat. that was a first time beat for me so don't bug about it please. (note, NOT the layer)

Pass The Mic - tpk Remix (http://hem.bredband.net/reptpk/pass%20the%20mic%20-%20tpk%20remix.mp3)

and yeah i could have done it better :cool:

scratches made by my man Mike! even though they aren't all that great haha.(bettadays)

dirtydan11
07-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Oh man this is another great one by tpk. This can't only be your 2nd mix, man. Either you are blessed or this shit is easier than I think it is. Damn.

tpk
07-25-2004, 06:46 AM
Oh man this is another great one by tpk. This can't only be your 2nd mix, man. Either you are blessed or this shit is easier than I think it is. Damn.this is my 2nd remix with the exception of the sure shot shit i did a while ago that sucked. so it's good? :confused:

the thing i like with it is that the sound brings forward the beasties voices.

anyway i guess i could have lowered the bass some..there are a few more minor mistakes with it but i just didn't feel like editing it all. got tired of it.

i don't think this one was as a big of hit as the triple trouble one though.

minton
07-26-2004, 03:03 AM
Bomb track. TPK's not only the illest MC in Sweden (ill by association; see the Admin Rap thread in the Other Music Forum), he can also produce.

tpk
07-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Bomb track. TPK's not only the illest MC in Sweden (ill by association; see the Admin Rap thread in the Other Music Forum), he can also produce.word up. we'll see how that track works out (From Mod to Admin)that i promised to make some ill beats for.

angel_gurl
07-26-2004, 11:36 AM
the last remix i did got kind of a good response so i don't think i can keep up with that tempo. here's a remix though of pass the mic - kind of dark and deep style. just thought pass the mic is straight up like that.

samples used:

AZ - Love Is Love
Bazuka - Dynomite

plus some minor shit

the rest i did myself including the beat. that was a first time beat for me so don't bug about it please. (note, NOT the layer)

Pass The Mic - tpk Remix (http://hem.bredband.net/reptpk/pass%20the%20mic%20-%20tpk%20remix.mp3)

and yeah i could have done it better :cool:

scratches made by my man Mike! even though they aren't all that great haha.(bettadays)
Mix master mike?

tpk
07-26-2004, 09:24 PM
What the hell was up with the damn diggedy bass?well yeah it's a bit loud..i did it like that un purpose though..

but yeah i might try to lower it.

TheBrouhaha
09-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Out of all the remixes I've heard on the BeastieBoys.com message board, this is probably my favorite one. I don't know what it is that I like about it so much. It's just a great song that never gets old to me. Nice job tpk. Very nice job.

tpk
09-12-2004, 07:47 PM
thanks yo. this remix got ditched though so i'm thinkin nobody liked it that much. this gave me some good good vibes. word.

coupedeville
12-21-2004, 02:35 PM
I wanna hear your remixes, man. The link's busted, help a brother out!

tpk
01-04-2005, 12:18 PM
I wanna hear your remixes, man. The link's busted, help a brother out!sorry about that!

pass the mic - tpk remix
http://hem.bredband.net/reptpk/pass%20the%20mic%20-%20tpk%20remix.mp3

triple trouble - steve mcgarrett honolulu remix (tpk remix)
http://hem.bredband.net/reptpk/triple%20trouble%20-%20steve%20mcgarrett%20honolulu%20remix.mp3
(vocals are badly synched around the chorus for this one)

Extra Cheese
01-04-2005, 01:44 PM
wack.. but only cuz you made it. if someone else had done it i would've said not bad,,, no wait. wack

coupedeville
01-04-2005, 02:05 PM
I peeped this. I don't know if dude above was joking or not, but your
track was the opposite of wack, I really liked it TPK.

tpk
01-04-2005, 07:47 PM
I peeped this. I don't know if dude above was joking or not, but your
track was the opposite of wack, I really liked it TPK.he's upset with me because i think he's wack for disliking kweli.

thanks!

Vladimir
01-04-2005, 08:53 PM
well i suppose you can't judge somebody for having different musical taste, but on the other hand talib kweli is the man, so that's kind of a dilemna. Fresh remix.

tpk
01-04-2005, 09:40 PM
well i suppose you can't judge somebody for having different musical taste, but on the other hand talib kweli is the man, so that's kind of a dilemna. Fresh remix.i'm not judging anyone. i'm just fuckin around. and so is he so don't worry :o

dublirie04
01-05-2005, 12:29 PM
I would have to give it two thumbs up!! You da man.

What software do you use? (y) (y) ;)

tpk
01-06-2005, 09:57 AM
i used propellerhead's reason and sonic foundry's acid for the pass the mic remix..(y)