PDA

View Full Version : Paul's Boutique tribute CD now being streamed

johmbolaya
07-25-2004, 03:09 AM
In honor of the 15th anniversary today of PAUL'S BOUTIQUE, I am streaming the tribute CD I helped put together five years ago, called 718-498-1043: The Paul's Boutique 10th Anniversary Tribute Album (or "better late than never"). Originally I was going to do the entire album, but decided to ask some of my friends to help. My intention with this was to always give it away for free, never make it available for sale. Here is the track listing:

1. DOP-Waxin' & Milkin'
2. Crut-Paul's Intro
3. Jesse Dangerously-To All The Girls
4. Crut-Shake Your Rump
5. Crut-Juan's Mom
6. Crut-Eggman
7. Strictly Crocka-High Plains Drifter
8. Crut-The Sounds Of Science
9. Crut-3 Minutes High And Rising
10. Crut-Hey Ladies
11. X-Amount-Navin's Special Purpose
12. Crut-Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun (O-Dub's Nightmare)
13. XdiggetyX-Car Thief
14. The Jergens McFlurry Quartet-What Comes Around Goes Around
15. Crut-Shadrach
16. 718-498-1043 (Closing)

Crut would be me. It's every song on the album with the exception of "B-Boy Bouillabaisse", as I felt that I should show respect by leaving it alone. DOP was the co-host of the Atlanta hip-hop radio show "The Breaks", and X-Amount was the other co-host; Jesse Dangerously is a MC/producer from Halifax, Nova Scotia and perhaps an online villian in some circles; Strictly Crocka are strictly crocker; XdiggetyX's whereabouts are currently unknown; The Jergens McFlurry Quartet are on tour this summer in their Tesoro Or Nothing tour.

The goal with this was to recreate, remix, and ruin Paul's Boutique as best as possible. Had the acapellas been available, as they would be two years on the Criterion DVD, it would have helped. Maybe next time.

As for me, I've released three albums and four 12" singles since this, and am currently at work on my 22nd album.

Anyway, here is the MP3 stream (http://www.john-book.com/mp3/Unlocked12.m3u)

romanpetr
07-25-2004, 03:28 AM
Hey,that's nice,man! (y) I were looking for long time that full tribute CD and You gave wonderful chance to listen it. I've only 4 tracks from this cd... Thank You,man! :D

johmbolaya
07-25-2004, 03:30 AM
Hey,that's nice,man! (y) I were looking for long time that full tribute CD and You gave wonderful chance to listen it. I've only 4 tracks from this cd... Thank You,man! :D

You are welcome. I should also say that the stream will be up for only a day, which is today. It's 2:30am, which means you all have about 21.5 hours to listen.

romanpetr
07-25-2004, 03:34 AM
You are welcome. I should also say that the stream will be up for only a day, which is today. It's 2:30am, which means you all have about 21.5 hours to listen.

Thank You ,man!(y) I know ,what I must to do! :) I've a beer ,chicken legs, and my pc with stereophonic system! Yeaahhh!

DeeJayZap
07-25-2004, 03:41 AM
You Can Download It In Mp3 (45MB)! (http://www.john-book.com/Crut/mp3/JohnBookpresentsUnlocked(Show12).mp3)

romanpetr
07-25-2004, 03:53 AM
You Can Download It In Mp3 (45MB)! (http://www.john-book.com/Crut/mp3/JohnBookpresentsUnlocked(Show12).mp3)

Well Done! (y) Thank You,Bboyzap! I've got it too for my confidence! But I continue to listen started. And I want to say,that Crut did great remixes for this Tribute CD! i like it! :)

moww
07-25-2004, 01:18 PM
so good....

is this publicly available?

xxeralkuxx
07-25-2004, 01:26 PM
i gotta say.....daddy like, daddy like a lot!!!!!

spacemonkey
07-25-2004, 01:29 PM
bookmarked for DL tomorrow..w/plans to follow up reply. thanks.

ScarySquirrel
07-25-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm not even going to pretend to know what is up with this version of High Plains Drifter. It's very amusing and... interesting, to say the least.

Fake Mike
07-25-2004, 03:54 PM
To all the Girls on the internet.......(classic)

Liquid Soul........I'm going to take this Back Way Back.........into time....
(y) Tell me if I'm Right about the Liquid soul....Sounded Familar...
My Nutty buddys would know about that.......
(Wheres that sample from?)
Anyone for a Salt peanut?

JUST-IN
07-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Johmbolaya thanks.

This is slamming,chill,VET.

pip07
07-25-2004, 05:36 PM
I like it besides High Plains Drifter. I felt that song was ruined...

JonKarson
07-25-2004, 07:56 PM
johnbook/johmbolaya, you fckin' rock, i think this tribute album is amazing...

i remember listening to mad crut back during the u-wu newsletter dayz... glad to see you're still around doing great things...

keep it up, bro... peece oot

johmbolaya
07-25-2004, 10:42 PM
johnbook/johmbolaya, you fckin' rock, i think this tribute album is amazing...

i remember listening to mad crut back during the u-wu newsletter dayz... glad to see you're still around doing great things...

keep it up, bro... peece oot

Thank you for remembering! Yeah, I wisely stopped rapping but have done what I've always loved more than anything, which was beats and making music. I'm better off because of it. I got a bit burned out with the U-WU, yet people still remember me for that, and I did have fun doing it when things were active.

johmbolaya
07-25-2004, 10:44 PM

For everyone who wishes to download this MP3, keep in mind that it is encoded at 96, merely to save some bandwidth on my website. I already have the entire album, as individual tracks, encoded at 192, although I would prefer it to send it to people on CD.

Thank you to everyone. It will be up for another two hours or so.

johmbolaya
07-25-2004, 10:45 PM
so good....

is this publicly available?

Yes, if you send a blank CD and a postage paid mailer.

johmbolaya
07-25-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm not even going to pretend to know what is up with this version of High Plains Drifter. It's very amusing and... interesting, to say the least.

The three guys behind Strictly Crocka told me the point behind their mix was to sound like as if the group consisted of three Ad Rock's.

Nick Jade
07-25-2004, 11:29 PM
Hey John, I treid to contact you through your site some time ago but never got a reply. I am so happy you have decided to share this with us. If you could please drop me a line at nick@ebitmedia.com that would be awesome.

spacemonkey
07-25-2004, 11:43 PM
prettyfresh(y) thanks johmbolaya

DJ_Skrilla
07-26-2004, 02:41 AM
link aint working?!!!

johmbolaya
07-26-2004, 02:59 AM
link aint working?!!!

I made the stream available only for a day, on the anniversary of PB's release.

johmbolaya
07-26-2004, 03:20 AM
Did anyone download the mp3 ?

Again, the MP3 for this stream was encoded at 96, but I can create a version encoded at 192 and send it via yousendit.com or something.

johmbolaya
05-04-2005, 09:16 AM
And almost a year later...

I decided to create this as a torrent, downloadable in the lossless FLAC format.
http://www.bogaa.org/details/13687

You can download FLAC Frontend here:
http://flac.sourceforge.net/index.html

As you will see, the download is much bigger than a regular MP3 download, but after decoding the files, you can burn it directly to CD without any loss in quality. A lot of people still ask me about this, so here it is.

I can't find the cover art files I made for it, I will keep on looking though.

JUST-IN
05-05-2005, 02:36 PM
And allmost a year later......

The best Tribute I know

(y) (y) :eek: :D :cool: :cool: (!)

johmbolaya
05-05-2005, 02:51 PM
And almost a year later......

The best Tribute I know

(y) (y) :eek: :D :cool: :cool: (!)

Thank you

ScarySquirrel
05-06-2005, 06:27 AM
I downloaded this shit again because I friggin' forgot about it and lost the original MP3's I downloaded.

Heh, I still don't know what the deal is with that version of High Plains Drifter but it cracks my shit up for some reason. Yes... download this, people. Laugh your ass off. Enjoy it. Groove out to it. Word to your mothers.

pip07
05-09-2005, 09:48 PM
I like it besides High Plains Drifter. I felt that song was ruined...

My opinion stays. Great remix anyway

custom51
05-15-2005, 09:18 PM
your dl link isnt working, did u take it down? Are you gonnna put it back if it is down?

pip07
08-18-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm now sharing this on the hub.

DeeJayZap
08-20-2006, 08:52 AM
this ruled.