PDA

View Full Version : Beastly politics

ekimsdrawkcab
07-25-2004, 07:32 AM
I am so tired of celebs feeling the need to bash me with their political ideals disguised as art. I never knew the B-Boys were so anti-american. Hey guys, shut up for a while. Show support for your country. Show support for your LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT. For christs sake, how far to left are these guys? I love the B-Boys, don't get me wrong. But the propaganda on the new album offended me and took away from the pleasure I should have got from listening to it. Disappointed. Really disappointed. I hope one of them reads this. I've bought every album. I AM a fan. Just very upset over the B.S. filtered into the new lyrics. Opinions?

Nerd Fight
07-25-2004, 07:48 AM
Music is a form of expression and they wanted to express their views about the way the world is right now. Artists have done this since jurassic times.

About them being anti-american, that's just crazy man. America is a democracy which encourages frredom of speech, so what they're doing is American in the best way. You'd rather no-one was allowed to criticize the leader of the country, like in a dictatorship ?

ekimsdrawkcab
07-25-2004, 08:43 AM
....sigh. I am not saying they don't have the right to voice their opinion. What I am saying is that they talk politcal garbage. I'm not totally familiar with the album yet, but in one song they say Bush is not the real president which = falsehood. Which = propaganda. And the lyrics in that same song or possibly the one before it make America and Americans out to be worldwide bullies. it must be nice to be rich and to have no idea how bad shit is in other countries. it must be nice to have so much wealth that you can pass judgement on the decisions made by people infinately more qualified to make them. when the beasties have sat in political office for several years, and have done their part to serve my nation, I will respect the drivel the spout in their new album. Until that time, maybe the professional musicians should take a poly-sci class and truly learn how this country works.

First amendment my ass. 100 years ago we called it treason and hung motherfuckers for badmouthing a wartime president.

Oh, and support our troops. Go America!

Mr. Boomin'Granny
07-25-2004, 08:43 AM
I bet you love toby keith.

Mr. Boomin'Granny
07-25-2004, 08:45 AM
....sigh. I am not saying they don't have the right to voice their opinion. What I am saying is that they talk politcal garbage. I'm not totally familiar with the album yet, but in one song they say Bush is not the real president which = falsehood. Which = propaganda. And the lyrics in that same song or possibly the one before it make America and Americans out to be worldwide bullies. it must be nice to be rich and to have no idea how bad shit is in other countries. it must be nice to have so much wealth that you can pass judgement on the decisions made by people infinately more qualified to make them. when the beasties have sat in political office for several years, and have done their part to serve my nation, I will respect the drivel the spout in their new album. Until that time, maybe the professional musicians should take a poly-sci class and truly learn how this country works.

First amendment my ass. 100 years ago we called it treason and hung motherfuckers for badmouthing a wartime president.

hahahah i'm sure you're one of those people who are more qualified.

Maybe you should do your research. Knowing how it is supposed to work and how it DOES work are two different things.

SchoolTrousers
07-25-2004, 08:50 AM
George W. Bush is a war criminal bastard cock sucking fucker.

Hang me, bitch.

IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT THE BEASTIES SAY - DONT LISTEN. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO.

ekimsdrawkcab
07-25-2004, 09:01 AM
....dbl sigh.... Granny, you can have an opinion when you get a little older. I'm assuming your avatar is your pic. As to how it does work, how do you know. What is your source for information? If you are gonna make a statement, back it up jerkweed. i realize you are just a rabid little fan, who is swinging on the beastie vine....but fuck man, make a statement with some sort of valid content or point. As for me being qualified for political office, I never said that. But there are plenty of professional politicians who are. And through their years of experience they are "qualified". oh, and it took me a minute to find who toby keith was. Do i really sound like someone who listens to country music?! No... Find a valid point, and then discuss it retard.

And Schooltrousers. If I could. I would. Your statement alone shows me that you are not a patriot, and also that you have a stunning vocabulary. Also, fucktard the wonderstain, what war crimes is G.W.B. guilty of? Huh? Can't hear you....Oh, that's right. You have no answer because he is not guilty of anything. You can go back to sucking off your buddies now.

Ass.

SchoolTrousers
07-25-2004, 09:24 AM
And Schooltrousers. If I could. I would. Your statement alone shows me that you are not a patriot, and also that you have a stunning vocabulary. Also, fucktard the wonderstain, what war crimes is G.W.B. guilty of? Huh? Can't hear you....Oh, that's right. You have no answer because he is not guilty of anything. You can go back to sucking off your buddies now.

Ass.

Of course im not a patriot. Im not american! But i am jealous of the american way of life (just saying that before you throw it at me)

Invading Iraq on the basis that they had weapons of mass destruction which we know they do not have is a war crime.

And fucktard is not a word.

And the Beasties are liberals.

And so was Jesus.

And please, life is too short

Mr. Boomin'Granny
07-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Granny, you can have an opinion when you get a little older. I'm assuming your avatar is your pic. As to how it does work, how do you know. What is your source for information? If you are gonna make a statement, back it up jerkweed. i realize you are just a rabid little fan, who is swinging on the beastie vine....but fuck man, make a statement with some sort of valid content or point. As for me being qualified for political office, I never said that. But there are plenty of professional politicians who are. And through their years of experience they are "qualified". oh, and it took me a minute to find who toby keith was. Do i really sound like someone who listens to country music?! No... Find a valid point, and then discuss it retard.

no that's not me, and i am not a "rabid little fan". Come on, Gore had more votes than bush did, bush didnt have florida at first, but after a little "scratch my back and i'll scratch yours" thing with Kathleen Harris he finally "won".

Bradleystp
07-25-2004, 09:31 AM
Personally, I would say that the guy who receives the most votes should be President. Didn't work that way last election. George better watch out this election though.... People have had enough of his lying and covering up bullshit. Oh, and his starting wars based entirely on false information.

Oh, and I am an American, and I am glad that the Beastie Boys have come out with their opinions. You don't have to agree, but a lot of what they are saying isn't that far off.

Stating opinions about the President isn't being un-American. You are highly misinformed. If you really think that is true, get help. You don't understand being an American at all.

Nerd Fight
07-25-2004, 09:35 AM
.in one song they say Bush is not the real president which = falsehood. Which = propaganda

The Beasties say we've got a president we didn't elect, and that's their take on the controversial way in which Bush got into office, not propaganda. Maybe you've got a different take on it but it's a highly debatable subject.

And 150 years ago slavery was still cool. America has changed, and the ideal of freedom of speech, which has always been important, has fortunately extended even further so that if you happen to be a motherfucker expressing your personal beliefs you will not be hanged.

SCBstylee
07-25-2004, 10:01 AM
i'm glad to see that more and more people are getting angry at their extreme liberal views. they say they are against hate, but their words only induce more hatred against anyone other than a liberal. (n)

Bradleystp
07-25-2004, 10:14 AM
i'm glad to see that more and more people are getting angry at their extreme liberal views. they say they are against hate, but their words only induce more hatred against anyone other than a liberal. (n)

I completely disagree. Why should they keep quiet? They are able to hit a large audience, and make their views known. Not that you have to immediatly agree, but just think about and question. I am not a full out liberal, but what they are saying makes more and more sense every day. Bush has brought this country down to depths that I have never seen in my lifetime.

I would not say they are extreme liberal views. They are things that every American should be questioning. If you don't, you might as well be in a dictatorship. Just do whatever the president or his administration says, and never question anything. I'm sure that would make Bush happy. He could really do whatever he wanted then.

I see them promoting no hate, only opinions. Bush, I see promoting hatred and violence all over the world. And based on invalid facts.

The Wedge
07-25-2004, 11:36 AM
I am so tired of celebs feeling the need to bash me with their political ideals disguised as art. I never knew the B-Boys were so anti-american. Hey guys, shut up for a while. Show support for your country. Show support for your LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT. For christs sake, how far to left are these guys? I love the B-Boys, don't get me wrong. But the propaganda on the new album offended me and took away from the pleasure I should have got from listening to it. Disappointed. Really disappointed. I hope one of them reads this. I've bought every album. I AM a fan. Just very upset over the B.S. filtered into the new lyrics. Opinions?
I'm sure if they were bashing democrats you'd be like "yeah doooood go beasties!!" Face the fact that not everyone has the same beliefs as you. I don't think they really care what anyone thinks. It's their album, they will do what they want on it. If you don't like it then don't listen to it.

English Bob
07-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Fuck Off already

these people are fucking retards

Mac D
07-25-2004, 07:19 PM
I bet you love toby keith.

hahahahhahaahahahaha
that made me laugh a lot

and even though i dont agree with what they're sayin in the songs, they're not anti american. its just their opinions and they are stating them through song.

its a kick ass CD

GreenEarthAl
07-25-2004, 09:59 PM

Oh. PLEASE educate me on this. I'm DYING to hear about all of the people who were hanged for badmouthing the president. Now which would this be? Were the people hanged for badmouthing Wilson during the Great War or were they hanged for protesting McKinley's Spanish-American war? Which war was it exactly?

Aslo, do you feel that it is a good thing that these people were hanged for badmouthing the president? You sound happy about it. Do you think that it is an appropriate punishment in line with the 8th Amendment?

bilbo
07-25-2004, 10:33 PM
....you have a stunning vocabulary. Also, fucktard the wonderstain, what war crimes is G.W.B. guilty of? Huh? Can't hear you....Oh, that's right. You have no answer because he is not guilty of anything. You can go back to sucking off your buddies now.

Ass.

Complain about someones vocabluary, then fire some vulgarities off yourself. :rolleyes:
That there is some high comedy backwards mike!

Regards,
O.Henry

Lipper
07-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Just for the record - Dubya was not elected. He was selected by the Supreme Court, that same court that was appointed mostly by republican presidents.

Pass_Da_MIC
07-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Lipper is completely right fucktard. Bush did not win but that cock fucker blew Rehnquist all the way up to the top and took a dildo in the ass from Katherine Harris for his presidency.

No one that chokes on a fucking pretzel should be in office.

hiddendriveways
07-25-2004, 11:10 PM
The Beasties are just responding to the world around them, as they've always done.

In the beginning the world around them was punk rock adolesence, and they sang about that.

Then came hip-hip stardom, wild partying, and getting all the ladies who would clean up their bathrooms, and we heard about that.

Well around the time of Check Your Head things got a bit more heady. They smash a handgun in one of the videos from that album, etc.

I think if the world was as fucked up as it is today the Beasties would have chimed in a lot earlier, so don't get upset at them for speaking up now.

BlimpieBluffin
07-26-2004, 03:23 AM
Bush was elected by 300 people, not our country.

I hope he doesn't get re-elected (or, should we say "elected for the first time) this November.

Beth
07-26-2004, 05:30 AM
....dbl sigh.... Granny, you can have an opinion when you get a little older. I'm assuming your avatar is your pic. As to how it does work, how do you know. What is your source for information? If you are gonna make a statement, back it up jerkweed. i realize you are just a rabid little fan, who is swinging on the beastie vine....but fuck man, make a statement with some sort of valid content or point. As for me being qualified for political office, I never said that. But there are plenty of professional politicians who are.
How very condescending; opinions aren't valid unless someone is your age? How about me? I'm 34 -- am I old enough to have an opinion? None of your opinions were backed up with anything, yet you seemed fine vomiting them into this thread. Need I remind you that your original post asked for opinions? Perhaps you were looking solely for opinions which mirror your own.

Treason: The offense of attempting to overthrow the government of the state to which one owes allegiance, either by making war against the state or by materially supporting its enemies. Source: Black's Law Dictionary, 7th Ed. See how speaking out against a President, war-time or not, is not treason? Perhaps you were being facetious, so I'll stop here on this particular issue.

Is it your argument that politicians are more qualified to give their opinions because they are politicians, and therefore musicians and other artists are not as qualified to give opinions and are less deserving of respect? That argument is ludicrous. Generally speaking, the only requirement for being elected to a political office is that you are 34, a citizen of the U.S., and a resident of the district you represent. Then, you just need the votes. You don't have to have any political experience, there are no educational requirements, etc. Scary, isn't it? The politicians have clerks and advisors who tell them what they should do and how they should vote based on several factors, and then the politicians spit out what their speechwriters give them. What about that makes the Beastie Boys less qualified to voice their opinions?

Is it the fact that the opinions come out in music? Does that mean that all musicians/artists/celebrities should keep their opinions to themselves on all hot issues, and just become these vapid little creatures who never say anything of substance? We already have some of those, and you can go purchase their cds; be sure to pick up Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, and Hillary Duff.

azzysauce
07-26-2004, 05:57 AM
hey ekimsdraw-crap brain. you obviously are trying to piss off the dignified, Informed people of this country. Go ahead and piss off the open minded liberals and we're coming after you! You arrogant, ignorant people, you. But we're not gonna fight with hatred and violence like what you support. What are we gonna do????? Take the power back!!!!
If anyone has the right to talk slap against bushy, its NewYorkers who are living thru the trauma. So for you, killing inocent people = killing inocent people somewhere else.?? nice logic ekimsdrawcrapbrain. Thats really solving problems, you stubborn fool. Bush went against the UN & the people of the world for his own rewards.$greed$)
Bushy Doesn't even care about you and you're sitting there defending the wannabe dictator of his wannabe empire. open that little brain or grow up, meathead.

Yeti
07-26-2004, 06:46 AM
Show support for your country. Show support for your LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT. For christs sake, how far to left are these guys?

Huh? Do you know what W and his father have in common? Neither one knew when to pullout.
Give me a break?! You should not use the lord's name in vain. The religious right may kick you out of the club. People can do as the please. You prove that point by starting this stupid thread.

Mexican Seafood
07-26-2004, 07:05 AM
Firstly I'd just like to congratulate all the level-headed people who managed not to resort to mindless cussing when they aptly ripped ekimsdrawkcab's *controversial* statements to shreds...I'm not american and I can still remember the election scandal as well as I can remember Dubya choking on a pretzel (And that is a highlight of my life)...

Secondly I'd just like to add something in reply to ekimsdrawkcab: The Beastie Boys' activity in voicing political opinions is nothing new-as a fan that has "bought every album", surely you remember the Free Tibet concerts? I haven't got every album and I do...surely this tells you that they are in fact aware of how "bad shit is in other countries" and indeed more willing to act upon it than any american administration.

Also, surely it is a responsibility of the famous to speak out to the masses on important political issues? In today's world, who is more perfectly placed to educate as well as entertain? Of course, as is already mentioned, this is a matter of choice to the artist and the consumer-you don't want to hear it, go pay to see Britney Spears mime at a concert.
Finally, can I remind you of the millions that live in poverty in the U.S?

Food for thought, perhaps...

Mr. Boomin'Granny
07-26-2004, 08:03 AM
Huh? Do you know what W and his father have in common? Neither one knew when to pullout.

I wish the Georige H. Bush did pullout, then W would've never been born.

DJ_Skrilla
07-26-2004, 11:18 AM
IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT THE BEASTIES SAY - DONT LISTEN. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO.

FOR REAL.

GO SEE FAHRENHEIT 9/11

THEN GO VOTE FOR KERRY CUZ IT DOESNT MATTER BUSH IS GOING TO LOOSE ANYWAYS.

HE KNOWS HIS TIME IS COME AND WE'LL SEE HOW MUCH MORE SHIT HE CAN FUCK UP BETWEEN NOW AND NOVEMBER.

HOW ABOUT AN ELECTION STALLING TERROR PLOY - OOPS THAT SHIT WONT FLY.

IF U DONT LIKE IT DONT BUY IT, AND DONT BITCH HERE CUZ NO ONE AGREES OR WANTS TO HEAR IT.

youngNuseless
07-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Alright, I have to let loose for a second and say.. WHAT THE FUCK KID? Have you been READING any of their articles and listening to what they're saying?! They're not "un-American." They just hate the fuck outta George Bush... ('Hate the fuck,' does that even make sense?) And that's not un-American. That's about as American as you can get, yo. They have a voice and they're using it. And so am I, and so are you, and so are the rest of us. So you can just put this whole thing to rest, aight?

youngNuseless
07-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah, and Bush? The deal with him? I think he's got some serious attitude problems he needs to work out. And when he says, "The economy is improving." Show me, Mr. President. Where?

(n) IMPEACH BUSH

joshdehaas
07-26-2004, 09:43 PM
Hey... I disagree with their politics like many of you, but... as a democratic society... They're allowed to express whatever views they want about the president! Imagine what a world it would be if we weren't allowed to critisize elected officials? If you don't like the music, don't listen to it! I come from a place called Canada. I like beavers. Do YOU?

Dustbrother
07-27-2004, 09:47 AM
can't see this fucking political threads anymore...

robofoo76
07-27-2004, 10:36 AM
LOL

mrsgiachetti
07-30-2004, 07:26 AM
....sigh. I am not saying they don't have the right to voice their opinion. What I am saying is that they talk politcal garbage.

So, what you are saying is that any opinion that conflicts with yours should not be expressed. OR should it not be expressed by people who have influence over others? What are you afraid of? We have heard your opinion. The POPULAR opinion is easy to express. Why not hear all views?

squabbish
07-31-2004, 04:58 PM

Wow, you poor misled man. I guess the propaganda did work on parts of the population after all. Let me guess, you also firmly stand by the saying: "If you don't like it, get the fuck out!" when people have anything to say about the flawless United States of America we live in today.

You, sir, are the most unamerican person on this forum. What do you think would have happened if people hadn't voiced their opinion about slavery in earlier years? But wait, at that time your great grandfather was wearing a white cloak, so I guess he's passed down his version of history already.

I don't get how you are so suprised about the political content of this album. You may or may not know that the Beasties are very concerned with politics. You may remember a little something called "Free Tibet"...?

Sorry about all the anger and sarcasm in this post, but you sound like a teenager yet to realise what the world is all about, or even worse; a grown man who is yet to leave the state you were born in.

Kid Presentable
07-31-2004, 10:00 PM
Is the political theme of the new album only dividing American fans?

BigManBillay
07-31-2004, 11:56 PM

one thing bush is not legally elected....the second thing get with the program...the third thing is that i do like USA and i do support the solders not the war cus we r fighting in the wrong place..we r at war at ..someone i have no clue...but i know one thing is that usa \\ should not be in iraq...we should be in affganistain what ever u splle that...................ps im druunk? (!) :cool: (lb)

squabbish
08-01-2004, 10:31 AM

I don't see why people from other countries should feel in any way offended by the Besties addressing the problems in their own country.

80% of the rest of the world would like to see george w. buried alive anyways...

MarkedCube
08-01-2004, 08:28 PM
What is wrong with the Beasties expressing their personal opinion about the world? Seriously? If you brought the album thinking it wouldn't have anything about the world, then there is something wrong with you. The NY skyline with the WTC is on the cover, the BBoys live in NY, how can they not be impacted by 9/11. 9/11 changed every NYer's life, without the towers, the skyline looks empty. The BBoys made all the beats and produced the album themselves, why can't they also express themselves with lyrics straight from the heart? I don't get people complaining about their political lyrics, they all seem to bash other's opinions instead of waking up in the real world. The BBoys aren't like other cookie cutter mcs who just make party songs and don't give two shits about the world today, they're just trapped in the world of their fabulous lives. The BBoys are different, living normal lives these past 6 years and seeing the world around them going to hell, whats wrong with taking a stand, cause enough is enough.

ramsey30338
08-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Lipper is completely right fucktard. Bush did not win but that cock fucker blew Rehnquist all the way up to the top and took a dildo in the ass from Katherine Harris for his presidency.

No one that chokes on a fucking pretzel should be in office.

Can any of you tell me who selected most of the members of the supreme court. Read, learn, and educate yourself. Enough said.

ramsey30338
08-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Bush was elected by 300 people, not our country.

I hope he doesn't get re-elected (or, should we say "elected for the first time) this November.

Please stop listening to MTV. Read about what is going on and read what is fact. Did you know every major news agency counted the ballots themselves. Get over it. The President of the United States was elected fair and square. Once you stop your ignorance and really educate yourselg you will understand what you are talking about.

BarrelOfaGun
08-04-2004, 09:39 PM
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
--Mark Twain

The beastie boys are absolutley patriots. To call them unamerican for exemplifying the core structure that the constitution was founded on is ludicrous. People like the beastie boys and others who speak their voice on the topics that are important to them are necessary for a democracy. It is expression that allows atrocities to be uncovered and not amplified. Those who commit acts against the people would love for those who point them out to be ostricized, it allows them to continue. That's what true propaganda is, creating an environment in which it is not allowed to speak out against whatever the people in power are pushing. Propaganda is NOT, speaking your mind about your country, that is called news and fodder for a democracy that functions.

Ramsey do you expect us to take you seriously man? Did you know every major news agency counted the ballots themselves. Get over it. The President of the United States was elected fair and square. Once you stop your ignorance and really educate yourselg you will understand what you are talking about.
You think that every major news agency counted the ballots of millions of people? Get a clue that's crazy. What is fact however is that a fox employee closesly connected to the bush admin.(I believe he was a cousin but I don't remember for sure) called up fox when the outcome was not yet decided declaring bush the winner of florida, and hence, the US presidency. The other networks then hopped right on the bandwagon hearing this from fox broadcast, wanting to be current, they were only parroting the mistake/lie/whatever that fox shot off. That is fact.
Fair and square" I think you yourselg(?) need to check your facts before you tell others to do the same. While about %88 of the african american community in america votes democrat, many thousands were kept from voting in FL. Why? Because they had the same skin color, and almost kinda the same name as some people who were ex-felons. Thousands who had a legal right to vote, (usually democrat mind you), were not allowed to vote. This is fair why? Katheryn Harris of the Jeb Bush cabinet paid many millions of dollars instead of the usual few hundred K to a data company so that this would happen and so that there would be a larger and far more extensive list of people on this voter disqualification list.

Also, fucktard the wonderstain, what war crimes is G.W.B. guilty of? Huh? Can't hear you....Oh, that's right. You have no answer because he is not guilty of anything.
I have an answer. AWOL. 1972-1973. Bush was secured a cushy sought after national guard job during the war. He decided to bail for an entire year, never show up for his duty he was assigned. That is a severe war crime, a felony. Guilty. Look online, you can find the actual scan of the military sheet signed by a ranked officer which verifies this. By the way he had the nerve to say that democrats don't care about the security of this country, which he announced to a senate which had 2 war veterans of the vietnam war he ran away from, who were democrats.

And yeah, you sound like a pop country music fan. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Impeach tex (y)

ShortyGurly624
08-05-2004, 09:53 PM
alright ya'll, the beasties do have their right to express their opinion, and i have the right to express mine, soo therefore i am agreein w/about half these people that say that Bush didn't get elected. he was appointed. I believe that to be true, and he's fucked america up in a lot of ways. he knew about 9-11 and could've prevented it, but he didn't. he invaded iraq because if u start a damn war while in office, and u "lead" america, it proves you're a good president. that's sum bullshit if i've ever heard it. soo if ya'll got a prob w/the beasties voicing their opinions or you think their "anti-american" for doing so, then you shouldn't voice yours either cause you'd be a hypocrite if u did...

sea_dragon
08-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Can any of you tell me who selected most of the members of the supreme court. Read, learn, and educate yourself. Enough said.

Rehnquist - Nixon
Stevens - Ford
O'Connor - Reagan
Scalia (n) - Reagan
Kennedy - Reagan
Souter - GHW Bush
Thomas - GHW Bush
Ginsburg - Clinton
Breyer - Clinton

7 by Republicans, 2 by a Democrat, what's your point?

squabbish
08-06-2004, 03:49 PM
You should all be thankful that some artists have the brains to write songs about things other than bitches, money and gunfights. By the way, this is not an unique phenomenon in music. After some research I came up with this:

Bad Religion - Empire Strikes First

"and our breathing hearts burst
but even ten million souls
marching in February couldn't stop the worst,
couldn't reverse "

The Offspring - Baghdad

"The President said let it ride
Islam be damned
Make your last stand
In Baghdad"

Ministry - No W

"Ask me why your feeling screwed
And I'll give you an answer
There's a Colin, Dick and Bush
Justa hammerin' away"

NOFX - American Errorist (I Hate Hate Haters)

"Enemy of the planet we finally have a common cause a catalyst
A reason to forget about our differences and stand as a united front it’s up to us
To expose and humiliate the errorists, the american errorists, we’ll start with one
I know just one, the war has begun"

And Last, but ofcourse not least, your's truely:

Beastie Boys - It Takes time to Build

"It's easier to break things than build it correct
We've got a president we didn't elect"

squabbish
08-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Please stop listening to MTV. Read about what is going on and read what is fact. Did you know every major news agency counted the ballots themselves. Get over it. The President of the United States was elected fair and square. Once you stop your ignorance and really educate yourselg you will understand what you are talking about.

For a person trying to pass off as educated you sure as hell didn't do much research before you took things as facts or posted them in this forum as facts.

mandabelle
08-06-2004, 04:26 PM
You should all be thankful that some artists have the brains to write songs about things other than bitches, money and gunfights. By the way, this is not an unique phenomenon in music.

Don't forget Ani DiFranco's Self Evident:
yes,
us people are just poems
we're 90% metaphor
with a leanness of meaning
approaching hyper-distillation
and once upon a time
we were moonshine
rushing down the throat of a giraffe
yes, rushing down the long hallway
despite what the p.a. announcement says
yes, rushing down the long stairs
with the whiskey of eternity
fermented and distilled
to eighteen minutes
burning down our throats
down the hall
down the stairs
in a building so tall
that it will always be there
yes, it's part of a pair
there on the bow of noah's ark
the most prestigious couple
just kickin back parked
against a perfectly blue sky
on a morning beatific
in its indian summer breeze
on the day that america
fell to its knees
after strutting around for a century
without saying thank you
or please

and the shock was subsonic
and the smoke was deafening
between the setup and the punch line
cuz we were all on time for work that day
we all boarded that plane for to fly
and then while the fires were raging
we all climbed up on the windowsill
and then we all held hands
and jumped into the sky

and every borough looked up when it heard the first blast
and then every dumb action movie was summarily surpassed
and the exodus uptown by foot and motorcar
looked more like war than anything i've seen so far
so far
so far
so fierce and ingenious
a poetic specter so far gone
that every jackass newscaster was struck dumb and stumbling
over 'oh my god' and 'this is unbelievable' and on and on
and i'll tell you what, while we're at it
you can keep the pentagon
keep the propaganda
keep each and every tv
that's been trying to convince me
to participate
in some prep school punk's plan to perpetuate retribution
perpetuate retribution
even as the blue toxic smoke of our lesson in retribution
is still hanging in the air
and there's ash on our shoes
and there's ash in our hair
and there's a fine silt on every mantle
from hell's kitchen to brooklyn
and the streets are full of stories
sudden twists and near misses
and soon every open bar is crammed to the rafters
with tales of narrowly averted disasters
and the whiskey is flowin
like never before
as all over the country
folks just shake their heads
and pour

so here's a toast to all the folks who live in palestine
afghanistan
iraq

el salvador

here's a toast to the folks living on the pine ridge reservation
under the stone cold gaze of mt. rushmore

here's a toast to all those nurses and doctors
who daily provide women with a choice
who stand down a threat the size of oklahoma city
just to listen to a young woman's voice

here's a toast to all the folks on death row right now
awaiting the executioner's guillotine
who are shackled there with dread and can only escape into their heads
to find peace in the form of a dream

cuz take away our playstations
and we are a third world nation
under the thumb of some blue blood royal son
who stole the oval office and that phony election
i mean
it don't take a weatherman
to look around and see the weather
jeb said he'd deliver florida, folks
and boy did he ever

and we hold these truths to be self evident:
#1 george w. bush is not president
#2 america is not a true democracy
#3 the media is not fooling me
cuz i am a poem heeding hyper-distillation
i've got no room for a lie so verbose
i'm looking out over my whole human family
and i'm raising my glass in a toast

here's to our last drink of fossil fuels
let us vow to get off of this sauce
shoo away the swarms of commuter planes
and find that train ticket we lost
cuz once upon a time the line followed the river
and peeked into all the backyards
and the laundry was waving
the graffiti was teasing us
from brick walls and bridges
we were rolling over ridges
through valleys
under stars
i dream of touring like duke ellington
in my own railroad car
i dream of waiting on the tall blonde wooden benches
in a grand station aglow with grace
and then standing out on the platform
and feeling the air on my face

give back the night its distant whistle
give the darkness back its soul
give the big oil companies the finger finally
and relearn how to rock-n-roll
yes, the lessons are all around us and a change is waiting there
so it's time to pick through the rubble, clean the streets
and clear the air
get our government to pull its big dick out of the sand
of someone else's desert
put it back in its pants
and quit the hypocritical chants of
freedom forever

cuz when one lone phone rang
in two thousand and one
at ten after nine
on nine one one
which is the number we all called
when that lone phone rang right off the wall
right off our desk and down the long hall
down the long stairs
in a building so tall
that the whole world turned
just to watch it fall

and while we're at it
remember the first time around?
the bomb?
the ryder truck?
the parking garage?
the princess that didn't even feel the pea?
remember joking around in our apartment on avenue D?

can you imagine how many paper coffee cups would have to change their design
following a fantastical reversal of the new york skyline?!

it was a joke, of course
it was a joke
at the time
and that was just a few years ago
so let the record show
that the FBI was all over that case
that the plot was obvious and in everybody's face
and scoping that scene
religiously
the CIA
or is it KGB?
committing countless crimes against humanity
with this kind of eventuality
as its excuse
for abuse after expensive abuse
and it didn't have a clue
look, another window to see through
way up here
on the 104th floor
look
another key
another door
10% literal
90% metaphor
3000 some poems disguised as people
on an almost too perfect day
should be more than pawns
in some asshole's passion play
so now it's your job
and it's my job
to make it that way
to make sure they didn't die in vain
sshhhhhh....
baby listen
hear the train?

BarrelOfaGun
08-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Well put squabbish. I rather listen to a rapper speaking his mind, whether I agree with what he's saying or not, than more bling bling bitches videos with rented ice. *posers*

STANKY808
08-06-2004, 05:31 PM
"it must be nice to have so much wealth that you can pass judgement on the decisions made by people infinately more qualified to make them"

Infinately?

As in Ahnuld? or Reagan (remeber Bonzo)? or Jesse Ventura!

Tell us more!

sea_dragon
08-06-2004, 05:42 PM
And anyone who's surprised by their politics on TT5B really hasn't been paying attention. I was watching my tape of them receiving the MTV Video Vanguard award in '98 last night, and MCA talked at length about how we really shouldn't be dropping bombs on people in the middle east, and how us retaliating against them just makes them want to retaliate back at us. Felt like some kinda weird timewarp!

lil richard
08-08-2004, 04:38 PM
celebs just want to speak their mind out
you would do it to if you are famous

jegtar
08-09-2004, 02:15 PM
"The Beasties say we've got a president we didn't elect, and that's their take on the controversial way in which Bush got into office, not propaganda. Maybe you've got a different take on it but it's a highly debatable subject."

I don't understand this. He won the amount of electoral votes needed to be the President period. I understand that it is frustrating to some of us that someone with less popular votes got in the White House, but us that truly follow politics know that the popular vote don't mean sh!t. He got the electorals that he needed. I love the Beasties but people that say GWB isn't the "real" prez are showing ignorance. If Kerry gets more electoral votes and less of the popular vote are we going to call him an "illegal President"?

STANKY808
08-09-2004, 05:25 PM
To jegtar and all others that dispute the claim that bush is "... a president we didn't elect".

The electoral college is not the point being made. It is simply that due to the supreme court stopping a statewide recount, W won the state's electoral college. However the numbers purged from the voters list prior to the election as well as the whole chad issue may have made for a different outcome. A number of organizations have come up with this outcome -
(from this link-
http://mediamatters.org)
"...under a 2001 study sponsored by numerous national news organizations and conducted by the University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Center (NORC), former Vice President Al Gore emerged the winner in at least four recount scenarios."

grabber28
08-09-2004, 06:25 PM
JEEZ!!!! Can everyone just shut up about the politics and enjoy the music???

MMMandAdrock
10-08-2004, 12:12 AM
I'm honestly fed up with all this political crap.... im personally against kerry myself, And when i went to the concert in seatlle, they said F**K BUSH and it made me quite angry... if it were any other band/group/whatever i would have just left at that point.... but since the beastie boys are known to... let the beat.... DEEEEEEEEEERRRROp... i stayed the whole time.. and that Talib KWehli guy is cool im gonna buy his CD too!

Spanishbomb808
10-09-2004, 01:25 AM
Curse you, electoral college.

Van_Gig
10-09-2004, 03:22 AM

I can´t understand why so many americans do not understand that its not anti-patriotic or anti-american to be against your president . I mean if you love your country then you just want the best for it and right now it is for america the best to get rid of Mr. bush .

Also I can´t understand why you are fed up with artists who are talking ,singing , rapping or what ever about politics . I mean artists always want to express something with their music and b-boys want to express their point of view about the u.s regieme and bush . i think everyone has the right to say what you are thinking . even if the truth is not as you like it you´ve gota accept it .

Rancid_Beasties
10-09-2004, 06:46 AM
I can´t understand why so many americans do not understand that its not anti-patriotic or anti-american to be against your president . I mean if you love your country then you just want the best for it and right now it is for america the best to get rid of Mr. bush .

Also I can´t understand why you are fed up with artists who are talking ,singing , rapping or what ever about politics . I mean artists always want to express something with their music and b-boys want to express their point of view about the u.s regieme and bush . i think everyone has the right to say what you are thinking . even if the truth is not as you like it you´ve gota accept it .

America is a land of contradictions. They claim to be a nation that follows 'rule by merit' rather than inheritance or privilledge, and yet they have a leader like George Bush...they also claim to be spreading Democracy, but in doing so they often violate human rights in their conquests. When I say 'they' I am referring to the government of George Bush. I think that Americans as people are some of the best in the world, but I gotta say, your government is fucked!!! But at least the ideas it was founded on allows us the right to question and have our voices heard. And kudos to the B Boys for pointing that out. :D

toucan sam
10-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Beastie boys have a right to what they want to say, dosent everybody if you dont like it then dont listen to it and thats that. :confused:

Van_Gig
10-10-2004, 01:05 AM
America is a land of contradictions. They claim to be a nation that follows 'rule by merit' rather than inheritance or privilledge, and yet they have a leader like George Bush...they also claim to be spreading Democracy, but in doing so they often violate human rights in their conquests. When I say 'they' I am referring to the government of George Bush. I think that Americans as people are some of the best in the world, but I gotta say, your government is fucked!!! But at least the ideas it was founded on allows us the right to question and have our voices heard. And kudos to the B Boys for pointing that out. :D

I agree with you . But I don´t think that americans are the best humans in the world ! we are all humans and we are all doing the same shit and mistakes . But bush , is just an ........ look what he did . He is still justifing his iraq-war-thing and always saying : the world is now safer than before . that is bullshit . first he messed up afghanistan and now iraq only because of oil . he is totally like his dad . It´s a pity that he got elected . I wish america the best , i wish that bush will not be re-elected . May be with kerry america becomes the country it once upon a time was .

etae
10-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey, i'm not from amerikkka but believe me, no one loves your country now. everyone in every country (except rich people in power) give a f*ck about you. And why's that? Maybe because everyone except you are aware the shit your government is. And patriotism it's the biggest stupidity, only benefits the state and people who are making of it. Treason to patriotism to mankind. And fuck, maybe you love live there and your macdonalds and your aol, and your microsoft, and your mtv, and your hollywood and all that crappy imposement in the f*cking world. But face it, everyone is affraid of your country, not anyone else but your state, everyone thinks your guilty. Freedom of speech means FREEDOM not just whats convinient, and fuck, they're right. Is war peace? Is silence speech? Is freedom slavery? Is anti-patriotism treason, well, f*ck then it's not treason to mankind for sure.

And if the FBI want to arrest me, well, probally were all underwatch. There's no Freedom of speech in the U.S.A. and you want to obligate us to eat that bullshit.

Beastie boys are great, hardcore cover rule.

Pedro Paulos, European and Portuguese (fuck, Human?)

WAR IS WRONG, F*CKERS!

BeastieBoyLuver
10-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Show support for your country. Show support for your LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT.
haha...i love the fact that you believe the president was elected fairly...don't you love the fact that in this 'democracy' of ours, the man with out the popular vote won?? i find it wonderful ...*note the sarcasm*..... (n)
you're an idiot ekimsdrawcab

Burnout18
10-18-2004, 04:25 PM
No its not treason to hate bush, its america, we can disagree with anyone in power, because then we have the opritunity to change it.

instigator7022
10-18-2004, 05:14 PM
In my opinion Bush n Kerry Both suck but vote 4 Kerry cuz he sucks a little less than bush n he didnt start a war.

This has nothing to do with anything but i want to point out that Bush blinks alot.

par72mike
10-19-2004, 12:25 PM
Hello everyone. I went to the oct. 18 show in Fort Lauderdale. First I would like to say that I have been a fan of Beastie for a long time now. When I go to a concert I would like to hear the music. Opinions are fine, but just because they are the Beastie Boys there will be people out there that will make a decision based on what they said. Some people are mindless and have no self thought is that the people we want voting for our president, whoever it is they vote for.

drobertson420
10-19-2004, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=DJ_Skrilla]FOR REAL.

"....HOW ABOUT AN ELECTION STALLING TERROR PLOY ."

When a Nuke goes off in "P-Town", will it seem like a ploy then? :mad:

Seriously, just because someone's job is rock star or actor instead of plumber or firefighter, doesn't mean they cant have a political opinion.

drobertson420
10-19-2004, 12:56 PM
In my opinion Bush n Kerry Both suck but vote 4 Kerry cuz he sucks a little less than bush n he didnt start a war.

This has nothing to do with anything but i want to point out that Bush blinks alot.

Edwards does too, that blinking bastard.

drobertson420
10-19-2004, 12:57 PM
Hello everyone. I went to the oct. 18 show in Fort Lauderdale. First I would like to say that I have been a fan of Beastie for a long time now. When I go to a concert I would like to hear the music. Opinions are fine, but just because they are the Beastie Boys there will be people out there that will make a decision based on what they said. Some people are mindless and have no self thought is that the people we want voting for our president, whoever it is they vote for.

Like the Show?

drobertson420
10-19-2004, 01:00 PM
What? There's a Political Theme?
Hey 5 words:
Radiohead
Hail
To
The
Thief ;)

brianavalentino
10-21-2004, 05:48 AM

I agree with the Kerry/Bush thing. I personally wanted Wesley Clark, but he's too good a guy to make it as a politician. As for election day, I can't vote because I recently moved to Scotland and didn't have enough time to get my absentee ballot shit straightened out, so I'm just going to get high that day because I can't handle the stress if Bush wins. Or if Florida fucks up again. Oh and about the Beasties and their views: I'm all for it, even if I disagreed with them (which I most certainly don't). In this country it's not only our right to freedom of speech, it's our fucking DUTY to speak out when shit has gone arye! I live with a staunch republican so it will be so nice to go to their show and get my frustration out in Dec!

NatuBlonde
10-21-2004, 09:59 AM
keepin the vote real - check it out--

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/

reedks
10-21-2004, 03:20 PM
I've been dropping by and reading this board and never felt any need to reply to anything until now.

With some exceptions of the Beastie's earlier hooey, they haven't talked about fucking up some bitch, shooting someone in the face, raping women or causing harm to another person in any way. I can turn on MTV any time of the day and see just that on my television and nobody seems to have any problem with that. Hell, people celebrate it and package it and sell it in every mall in the country.

But when the Beasties say something about the president, everyone freaks out like they actually have some sort of interest in this issue and decide to voice opinions that either aren't qualified or needed. One hundred million registered voters did not vote in the last election. How many of you who are pissed that the Beasties voiced their opinions actually voted? How many of you even know who your local elected offcials actually are? How many of you voted soley on the fancy ads put on television to influence your vote?

I'm not a fan of either party and think the machine is way too big in Washington to care about anything other than money, but I'll certainly never stop trying to figure out a way to throw a wrench in there somehow. Dissent is absolutely necessary in order to evolve. Change is vital to this country's growth and bitching about what the Beasties have to say doesn't do a damn thing but clog up blogs with useless chatter. Believe it or not, the president isn't the worst of your worries. Every problem starts locally and then spreads to a national level. Get invloved in your own community and start giving a shit before you even start to give a shit about what a song says.

Now go back to the mall and get spoon fed more useless information.

brianavalentino
10-21-2004, 03:28 PM
I've been dropping by and reading this board and never felt any need to reply to anything until now.

With some exceptions of the Beastie's earlier hooey, they haven't talked about fucking up some bitch, shooting someone in the face, raping women or causing harm to another person in any way. I can turn on MTV any time of the day and see just that on my television and nobody seems to have any problem with that. Hell, people celebrate it and package it and sell it in every mall in the country.

But when the Beasties say something about the president, everyone freaks out like they actually have some sort of interest in this issue and decide to voice opinions that either aren't qualified or needed. One hundred million registered voters did not vote in the last election. How many of you who are pissed that the Beasties voiced their opinions actually voted? How many of you even know who your local elected offcials actually are? How many of you voted soley on the fancy ads put on television to influence your vote?

I'm not a fan of either party and think the machine is way too big in Washington to care about anything other than money, but I'll certainly never stop trying to figure out a way to throw a wrench in there somehow. Dissent is absolutely necessary in order to evolve. Change is vital to this country's growth and bitching about what the Beasties have to say doesn't do a damn thing but clog up blogs with useless chatter. Believe it or not, the president isn't the worst of your worries. Every problem starts locally and then spreads to a national level. Get invloved in your own community and start giving a shit before you even start to give a shit about what a song says.

Now go back to the mall and get spoon fed more useless information.
Wow. That's seriously harsh. I agree with you but I think you might have come to the wrong place to say this, I mean a lot of Beastie fans are very well informed, myself having a bachelor's of political science included. I'm not trying to sound haughty or anything, I just think that you are very very correct in what you're saying but it should be said somewhere else, like a Britney Spears message board. Now THOSE are the sad ones. But you see that's what's so good about what the Beastie Boys are trying to do, they're trying to reach as many people as possible to ensure November 2000 DOESN'T happen again. Although with lil' brother counting the votes in Fla. I have a feeling we'll be having another pow-wow with the SC. ;)

reedks
10-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, brianavalentino, my first post wasn't intended for people who actually are informed and don't follow the herd just because it's the thing to do. I was addressing the less friendly folks who were going nuts on this board by freaking out over what the Beasties were saying in their songs. The insults that were being hurled at the folks who I consider to be informed were just pissing me off and it was aimed directly at them.

Thanks for the feedback, though. This is why I don't like posting anything on these things and probably never will again. :)

With respect...

brianavalentino
10-21-2004, 05:24 PM
no no, it's all good! :p don't stop posting now, intelligent minds are always needed!!

sheezymyneezy88
10-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Fuck, face the fact that the U.S. has always been a fucking bully nation. To get our way economically we totally fucked up Latin America imposing dictators and shit that got worse than the regimes they overthrew making us have to go in there and fuck more shit up to overthrow those bastards. LOL Now the mutherfucking government is on a war on drugs! Where do most of those crazy-ass drugs come from? Yeah, the fucking ditatorship regimes in Latin America! (y)

And shit, now all the psychotic Muslims hate our asses worse than ever. Even though normal Muslims outnumber the fucking nutcases, the fact is that the nice ones aren't fucking nutcases and wouldn't blow our asses up. Who trained those fucking nutcases and gave their asses guns and money and shit during the Cold War cuz we couldn't handle the Soviet fuckers ourselves? The motherfucking USA, beeeotch. Fuck, bin laden was a fucking exile too, and shit, people just don't get exiled for nothing. The fucker was obviously fucked up, but we still set his ass up to kill us later.

Also, wtf did fucking Bush do to this fucking economy? It was fucking sweet when Clinton was around. And yo i know there's all this shit about natural cycles and Clinton's policies fucking shit up now and shit, but anyone who isn't a fucking idiot should be able to keep it respectable. And fuck, I almost wish Canada would invade our asses and make us socialist in the health care system. Why is it that every country can get cheap-ass drugs except the U.S.? Cuz Bush is looking out for biznaz while not caring about the masses. Of course. Like oil in Iraq. He has to kill some people and shit, but it'll help out the U.S. in the long run right? Um, no. Last time I checked, I was still paying fucking $2.10 and shit for a fucking gallon of gas. Even if you don't believe it was for oil, that it was to, lol, liberate some people, lol, last time i checked that shit out, shit is still getting bombed to hell in Iraq and things are generally fucked up. And free elections in Iraq? You're a fucking moron if you believe that will ever happen...

shit i forget what this post was supposed to be about...

O yeah, don't hate only Bush for this shit. hate the system that allows a fucking idiot puppet to be elected president. he's obviously too stupid to be making any decisions for himself. obviously dick and condoleeza run shit, or at least use peer pressure to get W to feel bad and do what they say,kinda like when he smoked crack, and they're more fucked up than he is. Can I get some psychology tests (to prevent another fucking Hitler) and a motherfucking IQ minimum for election in the hizzy?

And what motherfucker allows assault weapons to be legal again without seeming to give a shit? damn yo, i don't want to be shot to pieces by an uzi or some shit like that when some thugz be trying to rob my car. "O man, but it's in the Bill of Rights." Man, those motherfucking founding father kats be talking about maintaining a fucking local militia. LOL. Shit, times have changed, like it has been mentioned in this thread, slavery was fucking sweet 150 years ago but now is obviously retarded. The same misguided fellows who owned slaves wrote this whole right to bear arms shit, so lets change that shit too. Fo' real.

So fuck Bush (a.k.a. the people who tell his stupid ass what to do). No more wires at debates and fucked up recounts and not knowing the meaning of the word sovereignty. I want a motherfucking president who is neither an idiot nor an economically biased fucker. Or at least someone who is smart enough to make the people believe that he knows what the fuck he is doing. LOL. I think our government needs to go back to kindergarten and relearn how to be nice to people and shit so they will be nice to you.

And fuck you for calling protesters unpatriotic. The fucking Puritan pilgrims who came to this land we now call the U.S. of A. were fucking protesting some religious bull shit the King was pulling with the Church back in England. There wouldn't even be a U.S. now if some motherfucking colonist didn't get pissed off at his leader who legally had power over him but didn't do what he felt was best for him where he lived. Back in the 1760s and 70s and shit the patriots were the protestors. But if we're sticking to the theme of old shit being stupid, I'm willing to cede the request to not be called unpatriotic if some of that other outdated antiquated shit will change too. Fuck.

brianavalentino
10-22-2004, 06:12 AM
I think you pretty much summed it up for me....in a Denis-Leary sort of way...lol......but good job nonetheless.

CSAR
11-06-2004, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=ekimsdrawkcab
Also, fucktard the wonderstain, what war crimes is G.W.B. guilty of? Huh? Can't hear you....Oh, that's right. You have no answer because he is not guilty of anything. You can go back to sucking off your buddies now.

Ass.[/QUOTE]

To back up my Irish buddy, you're stupid man!! What crimes has he committed?? How about going against the Security Council of the UN?? How about having an illegal war by attacking a sovereign nation without justification?? Everything that the war was based on was lies!! He's guilty alright. Period!!

mcadrock
11-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Please u guys.......calm down everyone!!!!! Show respect at least, i mean he is indeed our president. We don't have to agree with him, but show respect to the office. Oh, and i wouldn't be mad at him for the 9/11 thing, i live in the City, and i do remember a lot of ppl asking for a war after that. Just please everyone stop arguing and go listen to some beasties to cheer yourselves up!

Cap'n Crunch
11-07-2004, 03:59 AM
we are where we are. The country is mad split dough.

DJ Otis the Cat
11-07-2004, 08:45 AM
People, how come we can't argue about serious issues like this:

http://www.weirdnj.com/_roadside/savetheevilclown.html

BeastieAng
11-07-2004, 09:15 AM
I think its great that the Beasties are sharing their thoughts. Its true that freedom of speech is one of our rights as americans. At least the boys are talking about real issues and trying to educate people about things they think are important, unlike other celebs (like p. diddy) who just tell people "vote or die". Thats promoting uneducated voting. I think the Beasties are fantastic and I have tons of respect for them and the things they have to say.

llamas1
11-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I was a little turned off by the political lyrics.

The cd had classic BB lyrics that made me laugh.

'Cause I've got more rhymes than Carl Sagan's got turtlenecks'

'I'm the player and the coach I'm no roach
I bought my grandma a brand new broach'

Hilarious!

bgirl_jess
11-09-2004, 07:08 PM
uh huh keep talking cause I swear I'm listening ... :rolleyes:

theresabouche
11-10-2004, 04:05 AM
yeah well their thinking how about you?
what do you do?
Run in the ratrace or form your own opinion on what you believe?
Politics is where it is at, when you are speaking to the rest of the world.
They have fame.... they are doing how they feel right by it.
I'm just happy they are being sensitive talented males about it.
We are all sick of the politics..... so do something you see worthy of the times.
You think by speaking through a forum you are really special?
Whats your impact on the world?
Why should I care of your opinion?

The_Ramm
11-10-2004, 10:06 AM
I'm hoping that one the american posters on here can enlighten me ??

I've seen on many occasions (on the news & on several message boards etc) Americans claiming that people are being 'Anti-American' or 'Un-American' by voicing their distain for the US Governments actions. I remeber seeing people burning Dixie Chicks records because they didn't agree with Bush bypassing the UN. If disagreeing with your governments actions is 'Un-American' then to be a 'true-American' must you blindly support & agree with everything your government does ??
If anyone perceives this as an attack on Americans it isn't....I just wanted an American point of view.

Thanks

BeastieAng
11-10-2004, 10:30 AM
to be a 'true-American' must you blindly support & agree with everything your government does ??

Well said - I am American and I think that it is one of our most important rights to be able to speak out against the government if we dont like what is happening. I definately dont think that to be a true American is to always support and agree with the government. But it is also important not to just whine about what is wrong, we need to be actively pursuing change when we disagree with the status quo.

The_Ramm
11-10-2004, 10:53 AM
I think the thing that infuriates me the most, is that when discussing the invasion of Iraq there were no distinctions made between supporting our troops & supporting the invasion of Iraq. I support our troops & pray that they return home safely but strongly oppose this invasion.
When this thing started there was strong feeling that if you opposed the invasion then 'you didn't support theses brave men & women etc.....' It sickened me how the media & our respective governments spun the issue from supporting their foreign policies to supporting our National services....thoughts ??

theresabouche
11-10-2004, 01:07 PM
I say fuck it!
What should have been done is we should have taken all that money spent going to war
and redistributed that money to the families of those who died during 911.
Rather than going to war we should have done something with the big hole in the ground that New Yorkers are constantly reminded of.
Talk about being a "True American" is being blind to the government, we should send New Yorkers blindfolds, cause they have to see it everyday.
Hell, we all need them now cause "we" have all our families involved.
We should have spent all that money rebuilding our own country and held up a sign that read "MERCY"
Because the beauty of being American is realizing anything is possible if we dream it.
We look like morons to the rest of the world, cause we are trying to bring Peace with Violence.
You can only bring Peace with Peace.
Assignment for TODAY: make friends with an enemy and talk about what your differences are and don't stop talking until PEACE is both of your answers.
Thanks,

slappy
11-11-2004, 12:17 AM
From an outsider lookin in (im from Australia) i think its great that the beasties along with numerous other musso's are makin a stand against Bush. He is the most right-winged facist (along with our prime minister) i've ever seen. Unfortunately most ppl were scared into voting them back in2 pwr, just as the German's were with Hitler. Both our countries are being turned in2 police states and not enough ppl care

The_Ramm
11-11-2004, 03:17 AM
A few posts on here keep referring to 9/11 when discussing the current war in Iraq. What the hell do the 2 have to do with each other ??? Nothing !!!!
The lies we were told by our respective governments were that Saddam had WMD's & we were only potentially 45 minutes away from attack. Where's the 9/11 link ??

beastiemom
11-11-2004, 09:18 AM
From an outsider lookin in (im from Australia) i think its great that the beasties along with numerous other musso's are makin a stand against Bush. He is the most right-winged facist (along with our prime minister) i've ever seen. Unfortunately most ppl were scared into voting them back in2 pwr, just as the German's were with Hitler. Both our countries are being turned in2 police states and not enough ppl care

Excellent post, Slappy.

Our national station, the CBC, ran a documentary of sorts pre-election with two Americans voicing why they were voting either way. The woman voting Kerry said something very poignant. I can't quote her exactly, so I will paraphrase. "If you live your life on Sept 11, you will vote for your fears. Vote Bush. If you live your life on Sept 12, vote for hope. Vote Kerry." That really struck a chord with me.

As a Canadian and a fan, the BBs political messages are one of the reasons I like them so much. The music kicks ass and they make you think. They're not expecting everyone to agree (in my opinion), but are asking Americans to be accountable for their vote and position as citizens. So important.

3track
11-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Dissing Bush is fashionable, kids love fashions, kids buy Beastie records. 1-2-3. Fuck politics and the horse it rode in on.

Cashew
11-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Define anti-american my friend. I think your anti-american. Dissent and questions are necessary to maintain a free country, government is corrupt by nature, it is our jobs as citizens to keep it in line and question it. Once you question it you can see it for what it is. Freedom of speech is american, speaking your mind is american. Ask some questions, and try and find answers, what you find will disgust you. We are not the golden child of the world they would like you would like to believe we are. Do you know why they drove planes into our buildings on that fateful day? Because he have done a thousand times worse to them over and over again in history. Do you think our government gives a shit what happens to a bunch of brown people? No, we are in that country because of oil, if you don't believe me, read something. Don't sit down and watch television, don't listen to those talking heads, find out for yourself what is going on, and maybe then you will be a liberal too :).

It is not a trend, it's fact, it's disgusting.

Phlip
11-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Define anti-american my friend. I think your anti-american. Dissent and questions are necessary to maintain a free country, government is corrupt by nature, it is our jobs as citizens to keep it in line and question it. Once you question it you can see it for what it is. Freedom of speech is american, speaking your mind is american. Ask some questions, and try and find answers, what you find will disgust you. We are not the golden child of the world they would like you would like to believe we are. Do you know why they drove planes into our buildings on that fateful day? Because he have done a thousand times worse to them over and over again in history. Do you think our government gives a shit what happens to a bunch of brown people? No, we are in that country because of oil, if you don't believe me, read something. Don't sit down and watch television, don't listen to those talking heads, find out for yourself what is going on, and maybe then you will be a liberal too :).

It is not a trend, it's fact, it's disgusting.

Well said. Im sure that i am going to catch mad flack for what i am about to write but i really dont care. First off, people need to piss and mone much less about the B boys writing political lyrics. You obviously were not listening to pauls boutique or something, because yes, they were writing political lyrics back then. And i am not trying to sound leet or anything. im just stating the facts on this one. Secondly, FUCK GEORGE BUSH. The man is a biggot. These words came straight from his lips, "we are going to get those damn sinner muslims". Try to tell me that this is not a racist comment. And im sure there are plenty of people who have refused to watch fahrenheit 911. I was in the same boat. Not because i support the biggot, but because i dont feel that michael Moore is the best source for all your bush bashing info. But as it stands, the info from that film could be found elsewhere. And i had read plenty of things with the same type of info. Its out there and it is true. Americans need to wake the fuck up. Its getting ridiculous to say that bush has moral values and Clinton lacked them more than bush. Yes Clinton got a fucking blow job. Which is worse, a blow job, or over a thousand us troops dead, more iraqis dead, plenty of which were innocent. I think that the amount of war casualties has about equaled out to the lives lost on 911. And dont mistake these words either. This is not to say i believe in an eye for an eye, but we are fucking things up real bad right now. And dont even get me started on the economy right now. If you actually think that this is a healthy economy you are in a dream world or are rich and dont have to worry about shit. Go work in a little independent store or resaurant and try to tell me that buisness is better than it was 3 years ago. i can tell you now, i have never seen buisness drops like this before. I have been working full time supporting myself for 5 years, im 21, and manage a restaurant currently, and buisness has plumeted compared to where it used to be. And lets talk about amendment rights now shall we. Does anybody else find it fucked up how many bills get slipped in that fuck with your rights. You cant have free speech anymore. On the internet or anywhere else that big brother might be watching. If you havent heard of the free speech bubble that was created for people around campaigning time you have been locked in your house with the doors bolted and your fingers in your ears. You have to be like 300 yards away from anywhere where political debate or anything is happening now. Course it does not matter now, since we have the slime ball for four more years. Im sure everybody has heard of the rave act. It was slipped in under the premise that child abduction had something to do with throwing partys (raves or whatever you want to call them). stupid shit happens at raves but not once have i heard of an abduction. And at least the beastie boys have the balls to say that they think the prez is a cock, and not retract those sentaments. When we are unable to voice our own opinions we lose our first ammendment. It is being gently ripped away from all of us. I am no longer so much angry with the president and the govt as i am with those that support this bullshit and think that it is correct morals. Ill tell you now, i was raised a nicheren shoshu budhist and have stronger morals than almost any christian, baptist, or catholic that i have ever met. And if this comes across as prejudice, deal with it. How does it feel to be on the other end for once. Im sure that it makes you plenty angry. I dealt with that same shit for years growing up. and the beasties also said that they do love this country, but that it needs a lot of work. If you dont see that, you are more of a tool than our prez. Maybe four more years is exactly what this country needs. Maybe we can completely drive it into the ground and start some more wrongly timed wars. soon everyone in san diego will be living in New Hong Kong. So im ready for everything you want to throw at me. And to end this message i say this EVERYTHING I HAVE WRITTEN IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. NOTHING SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT. Anybody with a brain knows why i wrote this.
Phlip

Cashew
11-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks man. I think Sage Francis said it best. The rich get richer until the poor get educated.

Phlip
11-13-2004, 08:09 PM
I guess so. especially if you look at the last election. The states that are fairly wealthy all voted kerry, where as all these midwest bumfuck spots (im in one of them), voted gw. sigh. ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is that the pop vote in D.C. was kerry by like 75%. I think that says something.
Phlip

Beastie Buddha
11-13-2004, 10:10 PM
:mad: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...well, don't do that." :mad:

That's a quote from our idiot Commander-in-Chief himself. So how does it happen? How did he manage to fool the American voting public again?

Chalk it up to ignorance, I suppose. Ignorance of the facts, plain and simple. It's like one of the previous posters said, "The rich get richer until the poor get educated." The Republican strategy of lying so much and so often that eventually people will assume that what you are saying is the truth has worked again. Originally put into practice in 1988 by Lee Atwater, senior advisor to Daddy George Bush, that Republican strategy was once again utilized(better than ever, I should add) by W's senior advisor/puppet master Karl Rove to garner a second term for his boy. How could this be? How could the good old U.S. of A. get duped again?

To get that answer, you have to go back to the 2000 election. You remember that one, right? It was the one that W's brother, Governor Jeb Bush, stole for him in Florida. Regardless of your feelings on that matter, you have to admit that got the whole thing started. After all, you know what they say, you have got to knock the defending champ out or else the title won't change hands. John Kerry was not up to that task. How could anyone expect him to be? He's an insecure, kept man after all. So that is the first problem. Kerry did not put up enough of a fight. Instead of going with a more liberal, strong minded nominee like Howard Dean or General Wes Clark, the Democrats sent another milquetoast candidate out to the woodshed. Sure, on the surface it doesn't seem that bad, but this man actually did worse than Al Gore. And that came after our glorious President proved for four years that he was too incompetent to get the job done.

Check the record. It's all there. George W. Bush ignored warnings of a terrorist attack that even alluded to the Twin Towers until there were no more towers left and thousands of Americans were dead. To "retaliate" he attacked the wrong country. When Bush was called out about this, he and his staffers just told more lies. Iraq was helping fund Al Qaeda. Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Blah, blah, blah. Stop lying and just say it, Fucker! You wanted to get back at Saddam Hussein for your Daddy and, at the same time, help your political standing by becoming a "War Time President." Not to mention helping your Vice-President and Daddy(again) out by pumping money into the defense manufacturers they are directly involved with.

Next, let's look at the economy. My boy "Slick Willie" had the country in a financial surplus for the first time since pre-Vietnam War. Where are we now? Trillions of dollars in debt again. Yay war! In the last two years, the current administration has spent more money on the National Defense than they have on what they are actually defending. Because of that, the job market is significantly more sparse now than it was in 2000. Hell, the only job most high school graduates can actually get is joining the military. Who needs a draft when you just railroad most of the kids without a collegiate acumen into dying for your cause anyway?

That brings us to foreign policy. The world hates Americans more now than it ever has. Thanks W. That's another huge step backward from Bill Clinton. In addition to leaving our young people fewer occupational options and driving them to the military, Bush fuels the flames of young terrorism worldwide by spouting Rove's rhetoric. The attack on Iraq has actually encouraged more young Middle Eastern children to join Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations than ever before. There are a lot of traits that work for a U.S. President, hubris is not one of them.

Additionally, you kiss the asses of the richest U.S. citizens by giving them an actual tax break. They don't need it, dickhead. Look out for the middle-class. You ostracize the gay population so much that South Carolina can elect a senator who is openly and admittedly homophobic. And that is in spite of the fact that Dick Cheney's own daughter is gay. You will not allow the stem cells from aborted fetuses to be used to possibly help living breathing(but not walking) human beings. What sense does that make? Oh, I forgot. That would go against your religion. Fuck your religion. That's basically what you say to everyone who doesn't agree with yours, so I'm saying it back. Fuck you and fuck your religion. God does not make policy you simple, simple man. Understand that. You should keep your religious beliefs separate from your job. If kids can't pray in school anymore, then you cannot use God to help you feel righteous.

Anyway, hopefully everyone gets my point. I don't know for sure if a Democratic candidate could do a better job for the next four years or not. I was just hoping that George W. Bush's sorry resume would be enough to earn John Kerry that chance. Now I'll just resign myself to not take anything too seriously until 2008 and just kick back and try to laugh. Bush is, in fact, good for something. I will admit that. He is without a doubt one of the funniest stand-up comics out there today. Each and every night on the Late Show with David Letterman, Bush says or does something that puts me on the floor laughing. Of course, I am not sure that's intentional.

If any one person can take credit for George W. Bush's re-election, that person is definitely Karl Rove. He has been W's political mouthpiece since 1994 when they combined to knock off one of Texas' most legendary political figures, Governor Ann Richards. This election earned him four more years of playing Svengali. If I had a vote on Time's "Man of the Year," I would give it to Rove. Not because he is such a good person. Not because he has contributed to making the world a better place. Rather, because he has done what I would have thought was previously impossible. He got the dumbest President of all time elected to a second term. Amazing. One of Rove's favorite quotes is, "The end justifies the means." Well Karl, one of my favorites is, "Karma's a bitch." Remember that.

Music has long been influenced by politics and that will always be the case. Let the Beasties have their say and if you're really a fan, you'll appreciate their right to their opinions...regardless if you agree with them or not. Free speech, baby. We have it, so let's enjoy it.

The_Ramm
11-15-2004, 09:44 AM
The above post has probably the most conviction I've seen on any messgae board...Upmost respect to Beastie Buddha !!

Trolling the posts it appears that the vast majority of people posting here are (unsurprisingly) anti-Bush. From an outsider looking in, what I still can't comprehend is how he actually won...I'm not making any personal attacks on people who voted Bush...I'm just hoping that some of the posters on here from the US can enlighten me ???
Right now the American people seem to be very politically aware (this being illustrated by the record number of Americans turning out to vote), it's no secret that the people of both the US & UK were lied to by our respective governments (WMD's, the Al Quaeda 'network of sleeper cells' etc) but at what point is that enough to say...'he lied to me....I'm not voting for him'. & when watching the televised debates etc what makes people say 'Bush is the man for me !!!!'

As the American public appears to be very divided at the moment do people think this will subside or will the resentment carry on for 4 years ??

I wish the British public were as motivated....Tony Blair will win the next general election purely because the opposite of what happened in the states will happen here....I predict that we will have the lowest ever turn out of voters as so many people are already resigned to the fact that nothing will change, no matter who wins.

Phlip
11-15-2004, 01:46 PM
I am really hoping that the amount of apathy that was felt by most young people before the 2000 election does not return. That is exactly what we dont need. People need to continue to pay attention to potential ammendments and excercise that right to assembly and protest. If we have the same additudes that we had before 2000 we are just going to end up with another president as bad if not worse than gw. I am very impressed with the amount of young voters that came out in this election. more than 50% of people 18-30 voted. That says something. But, as Beastie Buddha said, ignorance is our biggest problem. Not to mention stubborness. I am constantly astounded with the amount of hardcore bush supporters go to my school. Im at a community college. These people dont have money, and neither do i. But they seem to think that simply by calling themselves republicans they will take on what it is to be a republican, Rich. And there is no way of swaying these people. Every time i would talk to them about this election they would say that they were voting for gw for "moral reasons". Im so sick of hearing this damn excuse. and it always comes back to the same thing, abortion. They think that it is wrong no matter what. Even if a woman was raped and became pregnant due to this, abortion would still be bad in their eyes. shouldnt we elect a person that is intelligent and is a leader. If people would stop procreating and realize they dont even give a shit about their children we might have some people in this world who gave a shit about themselves and their education.

And as far as the prez using god as his trump card all the time, i wish that people would wake the fuck up and remember that whole seperation of church and state thing. I know i got just a little offended on sept 11 when some stupid kid actually thought that a jet was going to head for New Fucking Mexico, and the ignorant principle thought it was acceptable for him to get on the intercom and pray to Jesus Christ. I never had prejudice towards christianity until this presidency. I was raised being told to accept each and every person i meet for who they are. I know this all sounds like second grade bullshit, but maybe kids arent getting this anymore.

And as for the UK. I truly do feel for you guys and i empathize. I felt just as helpless in this election. It was truly heart breaking to see people voting like that in other states, and my own, and know i really could do nothing. I tried the best i could before this election to educate people on what was best for their country. And it is terrible to think of just how badly we are disliked by other countrys. I have never been out of this country and who knows how long it will be before i am truly welcomed outside of it. But i dont think that it is truly fair for other countrys to sit back and laugh at us while we uncontrolobly make idiots out of ourselves.

So take this as an urge from a fellow citizen to not just sit back and watch it all collapse. We must continue to try to change things. So much of this depends on local level. I was pleasently surprized to see a post longer than my first one. and thought i would get much more lip for my opinions.
Phlip

Phlip
11-15-2004, 01:53 PM
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...well, don't do that."

Does anybody know what the actual saying is? Im just curious.

enrico
12-04-2004, 06:45 AM
well ..I don't think that if you criticize your president for his (bad) politics, you are anti American..everyone can express his point of view..I'm Italian and we have such a bad government, that we need, for sure, a song about our fabulous (ironic) president....
see ya
enrico (vicenza)

Happyrunr
12-04-2004, 09:18 AM
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...well, don't do that."

Does anybody know what the actual saying is? Im just curious.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

boagsta
12-06-2004, 02:18 AM
To correct the original poster,

The Beasties are far from anti-American

They love their country enough to risk sales by making a statement against the terrible state that America is in at the moment. America is losing friends fast and is becoming a closed nation politically. This is not a healthy place to be, and it is a direct result of the very dodgy Bush administration. The Boys along with many other sensible Americans realise this.

Sorry if this goes off on a tangent a bit but who attacked America?
As horrendous an experience as it may be to NY residents, 9/11 was not Afghanistan, so why bomb their country?
What have Iraq done to deserve having their nation torn apart?
Yes, Saddams an idiot but couldnt Bush have been a bit more subtle?

The Lockerbie air disaster happened within 50miles of my home town - did Britain bomb Libya? no. The British government for once acted with dacorum and went through the right channels, and now its sorted.

Thats why so many Americans want rid of the Bush administration, his 'eye-for-an-eye' approach is leading America, and consequently the world, down a dark, dark path.

ima_zombie
12-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Excellent post, Slappy.

"If you live your life on Sept 11, you will vote for your fears. Vote Bush. If you live your life on Sept 12, vote for hope. Vote Kerry."

Wow....ok well I live my life on Sept. 12, and i love bush. probably because he made us feel good on sept. 12.....what did kerry do on sept 12? hahaha that quote is incredibly dumb, i'm sorry but it is.

ima_zombie
12-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Excellent post, Slappy.

"If you live your life on Sept 11, you will vote for your fears. Vote Bush. If you live your life on Sept 12, vote for hope. Vote Kerry."

Wow....ok well I live my life on Sept. 12, and i LIKE bush, he was the lesser evil of two evils. probably because he made us feel good on sept. 12.....what did kerry do on sept 12? hahaha that quote is incredibly dumb, i'm sorry but it is.

oh and about bush being right-winged facist...HE IS DEFINATLY NOT THE MOST RIGHT WINGED PERSON. right winged conservatives want LESS government. Bush is creating more Government, which is part of the reason that damn deficet is so big.

ima_zombie
12-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Dissing Bush is fashionable, kids love fashions, kids buy Beastie records. 1-2-3. Fuck politics and the horse it rode in on.

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS. You know what else i hate? Kids wearing John Deer as a fashion, and those yellow bracelets as a fashion, and punk rock anarchist. without amaerica's government, almost every damn country would attack us.

ThunderGatti
12-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Lets all just face the facts - The Beastie Boys are not good political musicians. When it comes to politics in music the bboys just dont have it. The reason? - Their message is too partisan. If you look at other poltical bands like The Clash (one of my all time favorites) when they saw fuck ups in the world they called it. Also they did it in almost a history lesson like format This equals smart poltical music.

But the boys always miss on TT5B (not even goin to mention the horrible In a world gone mad) becasue they got too paritsan, sayin impeach Bush, he wasnt elected, take the power from him, W has to stop selling votes like E pills in a disco... ect. That last one really make me laugh. Maybe the Beastie Boys new single they should rap about the UN Oil for food scandal, talk about selling votes. But back to my point in all these songs they name check Bush , not smart.

Yea they can say whatever they want, but dont you think they should be more creative about it? And what really makes me think though, reading articles were Yauch compares Bush to Hitler, I mean come on man, how could anyone really take his poltical opinon serious after that. And seeing the Beasties live in Philly in Oct. Yauch calling Bush a "fucking lunatic..." And than they dedicate Sabatoge to W. That is just plain stupid.

In conclusion the Beastie Boys would never be good political muscians like The Clash, Rage Against the Machine, Green Day (American Idiot-good album) hell the Kottonmouth Kings are better poltical musicans the the beasties. But to tell you the truth I dont care if they change their ways because I voted for George W. Bush and I was very pleased with the election. So until the left figures outhow to fix this problem (b/c half their party has the same mindset as Yauch) they will continue to lose elections.

Running_Beastie
12-07-2004, 10:27 AM
ekimsdrawkcab:

You should know that prior to the war in Iraq the CIA's chief wmd expert, Charles Duelfer, told Bush Saddam had NO weapons or programs to build them. Also, the Defense Itelligence Agency said they had "no reliable intelligence" that Saddam had illegal weapons. Each of Bush's first three Chief Counterterrorism Advisors resigned saying that Bush was ignoring terrorism and lying to the American people that Saddam was a threat to the US. The first one was the 9/11 commissions star witness. His name is Richard Clarke and he has a book out called "Against All Enemies." It reads just like the 9/11 comission report only he was willing to point fingers when they weren't. The next one was Lt. Gen. Wayne Downing who was head of US special forces before working for Bush. He's now an analyist for MSNBC. The third was Randy Beers who resigned and became Kerry's national security advisor. The CIA's former head of the Bin Laden task force wrote a book titled "Imperial Hubris: Why the West is losing the War on Terror." In the book he talks about how Bu (!) sh is totally destroying America's national security. Clarke talks about how Bush ignored his and the CIA's warnings before 9/11 and then ignored them after. On Sept. 4th 2001 Clarke wrote this memo to Bush's national security advisor Condoleezza Rice

"Decision makers should imagine themselves on a future day when [Counterterrorrism Security Group] has not suceeded in stopping al Qida attacks and hundreds of Americans lay dead in several countries, including the US. . . What would those decision makers wish they had done earlier. That future day could happen at any time."

He wrote that one week before 9/11. That is taken directly from the 9/11 commission's report. You want to talk about someone damaging America. Our own itelligence agencies are saying Bush is destroying America's national security and that he purposely lied about Iraq. In Clarke's book he talks about how the Bush administration was planning on invading Iraq before 9/11 and they were looking for an excuse. He says they used 9/11 as that excuse and that we are less safe because of Bush's actions. Clarke has served in the White House since the first Bush administration and was first appointed to an advisory position by President Reagan. This isn't exactly coming from some left-winger. Clarke is considered a big hawk, and he was against this war. That speaks volumes to me.
By the way I'm a former service academy cadet. I have kept very well informed about what's going on in the military since I left over a year ago. I still have friends in that have kept me well informed as to what is going on.

ThunderGatti
12-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Im sorry I reall dont want to talk politics but I must say that 100,000 civilians are not being killed for oil. They are being freed to live a new life with freedom and choices and the power to put their own leader in office. Strategicly we took Saddam out so he could not pass WMD's off to terrorist rouge outfits like al queda. Also he was threating to start up a nueclear weapons program, similiar to the one he was close to completing before we went in and stopped that during Desert Storm in 1991. And if you want to talk about killing innocent people try 600, 000 people that Saddam killed over his 20 odd years in power and that is a modest # becasue we have yet to unearth all the mass graves. Listen war isnt pretty I know, but my belief is you must use strenght to acheive peace, dictators like Saddam do not listen to appeasement. And one more thing if we were in this war for oil than we would have stayed in Kuwait in 1991 when we had control of all thier oil fields including some in Iraq. And also Bush did win Florida by a thin margin the Supreme Court ruled in 7-2 Bush won and 5-4 to stop the recount. He did not win the popular vote but Bush is not the only President to lose the popular and win the presidency, but he is I believe the only won to get re-elected and with a 52% margin too, wow! The last president to do that, oh yea his father.

But this still doesnt make the Beasties good poltical muscians, u mentioned the "fuck the KKK" good point i think right right now now is their best politcal song on TT5B put not great by any means. There best are "something got to give" and "The Update"

Just give me that d double o d double o style thats what i think truely makes them great.

Cashew
12-07-2004, 09:32 PM
For anyone that thinks dissing bush is a fashion statement, I assure you, it's not. The man is a problem.

I recommend you edcuate yourself, apathy is deadly.
www.au.org
www.lp.org
www.theocracywatch.org
www.theboywhocriediraq.com
www.fpif.org

ThunderGatti
12-08-2004, 09:02 AM
I dont need nor want your pity. You need to get some things on the level here. You could argue all day who had occupied the Holy Land first, Palistine or the Jews, its not going to get you anywhere. I go by what has happened the past thirty years, where Israel won the 2 or so odd wars they fought in that time. Israel had occupied land in Carios back door, and they gave it back. Even in 1998 or so we could have had peace between the two countries but again Palestine (Yasser Arafat was extremely stubborn). Even today it is Israel is making the attempts, being proactive for peace in the middle east

Listen im not saying innocent people get killed by both sides but the difference is the Palestinians target innocent people, including children, that makes them terrorists, hell their whole leadership is are members from the worlds first terrorist organisation the PLO. You need to get ur facts straight.

and please step off the 2000 election. Black votes were thrown away?!!? No they wernt, read the Civil Right report, who did the investigation in Florida, they could not find one shred of evidence. You need to worry about future elections, so the left could try and gain offices and not lose them.

I thought we were talking about the Beastie Boys?

IDIOTSVILLE
12-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Wots the problem wit bush FOUR MORE YEARS

Laugh while you can

ThunderGatti
12-08-2004, 06:43 PM
voniedp

First off, I do not agree with everything Bush or Israel does. There were many things that I disagreed with Bush on how he handle certain points in the Iraq war. And it is amazing you can come up with that assumption after only 3 posts by me. I look at it this way, we could have had peace in the Middle East in the mid 1990's if it had not been for Arafats stubborness. Arafat is no man of Peace, and is arguably the worlds first terrorist, that is the reason no US President since Arafat came to the head of a palistine met with the man. Not Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, or both Bushs'. The only one to do so was Clinton (tells you alot about his character). His Noble Peace prize was a joke, this man had more blood on his hands than possibly any other human being in the world. Were talking about a guy funded many terrorist organizations that targeted and killed inncoent civilians.

So i am guessing I should watch Al-Jazzer news networks that is most certainly in the pocket for islamic fundamentalists. How many beheadings have they shown of innocent American/British contracters? Or how about the Irish lady who lived in Iraq for the past 20 or so odd years, who dedicated her life to help fellow Iraqis, these people (whos view point, you sugguest I should understand and be more sympathetic too) tortured this woman for days and shot her in the head. Where was the sympathy they showed her?? And what did AL Jazzer do? of course they did not show the footage b/c they knew it would outrage the world. They are certainly a propaganda network

Or maybe I should get my news from the Daily Show?? okay, thats real smart. You people have to realize this is a common fight against good and evil. And do not confuse my words, the majoirty of the muslims in the world today are peaceful people, but it is the small precentage who have highjacked this religion and used it as an excuse for a jihad against America, and other democratic countries since the late 70's.

You need to get more informed

Humiliation
12-08-2004, 11:22 PM
I dont need nor want your pity. You need to get some things on the level here. You could argue all day who had occupied the Holy Land first, Palistine or the Jews, its not going to get you anywhere. I go by what has happened the past thirty years, where Israel won the 2 or so odd wars they fought in that time. Israel had occupied land in Carios back door, and they gave it back. Even in 1998 or so we could have had peace between the two countries but again Palestine (Yasser Arafat was extremely stubborn). Even today it is Israel is making the attempts, being proactive for peace in the middle east

Listen im not saying innocent people get killed by both sides but the difference is the Palestinians target innocent people, including children, that makes them terrorists, hell their whole leadership is are members from the worlds first terrorist organisation the PLO. You need to get ur facts straight.

and please step off the 2000 election. Black votes were thrown away?!!? No they wernt, read the Civil Right report, who did the investigation in Florida, they could not find one shred of evidence. You need to worry about future elections, so the left could try and gain offices and not lose them.

I thought we were talking about the Beastie Boys?

So constant disregard for country boarders and building of nuclear weapons is trying to make peace in the middle east? Maybe YOU need to get your facts straight.

Humiliation
12-08-2004, 11:30 PM
....dbl sigh.... Granny, you can have an opinion when you get a little older. I'm assuming your avatar is your pic. As to how it does work, how do you know. What is your source for information? If you are gonna make a statement, back it up jerkweed. i realize you are just a rabid little fan, who is swinging on the beastie vine....but fuck man, make a statement with some sort of valid content or point. As for me being qualified for political office, I never said that. But there are plenty of professional politicians who are. And through their years of experience they are "qualified". oh, and it took me a minute to find who toby keith was. Do i really sound like someone who listens to country music?! No... Find a valid point, and then discuss it retard.

Ass.

Invading another country without the UN IS A WARCRIME jerkweed :p

Humiliation
12-09-2004, 12:08 AM
They shouldn't of been dropped there by Britain in the first place.
I would just like to poit out that England didn't put them there. The jews wanted to build their own nation so there wouldn't be another holocaust. England offered them other lands first but they wanted the "Holy Land". So basically they let them have it. ;)

ThunderGatti
12-09-2004, 09:09 AM
"So constant disregard for country boarders and building of nuclear weapons is trying to make peace in the middle east? Maybe YOU need to get your facts straight." - Humiliation

Hmm kind of sounds like Iraq doesn't it?? Attempted twice to to build nuclear weapons and invaded 2 countries (Iran and Kuwait) in 15 years. You guys hold a deadly double standard.

And vonniedp you dissappoint me yet again in trying to beheadings to the abuse at Abu Grab (spelling). You cant be serious. Coming from a military background I know that if you have captured the enemy you will use almost any means necessary to give any information possible in order to save the lifes of our troops and innocent civiliains. You complain about Bush and the Iraq war but where is your outrage for the innocent civilinas that are being killed by these insurgent terrorists everyday? Again a deadly double standard. The problem with you is, you are confusing an act of war and a act of terrorism

And I dont want to hear a thing about Guantanamo Bay. These people are convicted terrorists!! So 10% are connected with Al-Queda, good! that doesnt mean the other 90% are innocent, they are still convicted terrorists!! That is the problem with most people on the left they see the war on terror as a war on Osama bin Laden and Al-Queda, you people couldnt be more wrong, this is a global war that needed to use force in Iraq and Afghanistan and will hopefully use diplomacy in Iran and North Korea.

Humiliation
12-09-2004, 06:58 PM
"So constant disregard for country boarders and building of nuclear weapons is trying to make peace in the middle east? Maybe YOU need to get your facts straight." - Humiliation

Hmm kind of sounds like Iraq doesn't it?? Attempted twice to to build nuclear weapons and invaded 2 countries (Iran and Kuwait) in 15 years. You guys hold a deadly double standard.

And vonniedp you dissappoint me yet again in trying to beheadings to the abuse at Abu Grab (spelling). You cant be serious. Coming from a military background I know that if you have captured the enemy you will use almost any means necessary to give any information possible in order to save the lifes of our troops and innocent civiliains. You complain about Bush and the Iraq war but where is your outrage for the innocent civilinas that are being killed by these insurgent terrorists everyday? Again a deadly double standard. The problem with you is, you are confusing an act of war and a act of terrorism

And I dont want to hear a thing about Guantanamo Bay. These people are convicted terrorists!! So 10% are connected with Al-Queda, good! that doesnt mean the other 90% are innocent, they are still convicted terrorists!! That is the problem with most people on the left they see the war on terror as a war on Osama bin Laden and Al-Queda, you people couldnt be more wrong, this is a global war that needed to use force in Iraq and Afghanistan and will hopefully use diplomacy in Iran and North Korea.
Since when have Iraq actually done a terrorist attack on the US or most of the coalition for that matter. And didn't we find out that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?Aren't we forgetting Saudi Arabia?

And didn't we find out that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?.As opposed to Iraq isreal actually HAS nuclear weapons

And now 90% of the people convicted for terrorism aren't terrorist yet because they come from the same country as those terrorists so that gives them the right to be arrested *cough*. You sound intelligent enough but are speaking bullshit. Maybe you should just stay quiet

Humiliation
12-09-2004, 07:01 PM
They were wrong, because they are in a way going to cause a holocaust against the palastinians :eek:
Not saying it's right just saying it isn't AS bad

auntyvenom
12-10-2004, 07:12 AM
i have no idea how to solve the problems in the middle east. i don't know which side is right and which is wrong. but this essay written shortly after 9/11, by serj tankian from system of a down, gave me a different perspective on terrorists and terrorism. it's a bit long, but read if you like:

Understanding Oil
By Serj Tankian

The brutal attacks/bombings this week in New York, and Washington D.C., along with threats of attacks there and elsewhere in the country have changed our times forever. While the mass media concentrates on the details of the destruction, and the blanketed words of politicians, I will attempt to understand and explain the events from the fence. BOMBING AND BEING BOMBED ARE THE SAME THINGS ON DIFFERENT SIDES OF THE FENCE.

Terror is not a spontaneous human action without credence. People just don’t hijack planes and commit harikari (suicide) without any weight of thought to the action. No one in the media seems to ask WHY DID THESE PEOPLE DO THIS HORRIFIC ACT OF VIOLENCE AND DESTRUCTION?

To be able to understand the answer to this, we must first look at our U.S. Mideast Policy. During most of the 20th century, U.S. businesses have worked on attaining oil rights and concessions from countries in the Middle East and Eastern Europe. After WWI, secret back door deals by our State Dept. yielded oil rights from then defeated Turkey to fields in what is now Iraq and Saudi Arabia, in return for looking the other way at a crime against humanity, the Genocide of the Armenians by the Turks. Oil profits have been the motivating factors behind many attempts at counterinsurgency of democratic regimes by the CIA and the U.S in the Middle East (such as Iran in the 1950s, where the Shah replaced the Prime Minister who refused to give up oil rights to the U.S., and since the people couldn’t deal with the Shah, an extremist government headed by the Ayatollah Khomeini ultimately prevailed). During the Iran-Iraq war, America supplied both sides with weapons and advice. These are not the actions of a rich superpower wanting peace. Let’s not forget that Saddam Hussein, before being America’s vision of the Anti-Christ, was a close ally of the U.S., and the CIA. So what was the firm belief system of consecutive American administrations that caused all this to occur ? PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST WILL LEAD TO HIGHER OIL AND GASOLINE PRICES. Let’s not also forget the power of the Arms industry, disguised as defense, that still sells billions of dollars of weapons to the area. Therefore it has not been in the short-term economic interest of the U.S. to foster Peace in the Middle East. Using the above reasoning, the U.S. has encouraged extremist governments, toppled democracies, as in the case of Iran to replace it with a monarchy, rigged elections, and many more unspeakable political crimes for U.S. businesses abroad. Let’s not also forget the Red Scare. During the war between the then Soviet Union and Afghanistan, the U.S. armed and supported the Taliban, a fundamentalist Muslim organization, and allowed them to export opium and heroin out of their country to pay for those weapons. Therefore the Taliban rose to power and control with the help of the U.S.A. Today, the bombing of Iraq still continues, no longer covered by the media, the economic embargo still remains, killing millions of children, and recently, while the world and the U.N. General Assembly have cried out to bring in peacekeeping forces into Israel and Palestine, to end the escalated war and recent assassinations, the U.S. has vetoed the rest of the Security Council and has halted the possibility of peace, there, in the most volatile place in the world.

People in Serbia, Lebanon, Iraq, Sudan, and Afghanistan to name a few have seen bombs fall, not always at military targets and kill innocent civilians, as the scene in New York city yesterday. The wars waged by our government in our names has landed smack in the middle of our living room. The half hour of destruction closed down all world financial markets, struck the central headquarters of our military, and had our leaders running into bunkers, and our citizens into fear and frenzy. What scares me more than what has occurred is what our reactions to the occurrences may cause. President Bush belongs to a long generation of Republican Presidents who love war economies. The media has only concentrated on the bombings, if you will, and what type of retaliations are looming for the perpetrators. What everyone fails to realize is that the bombings are a reaction to existing injustices around the world, generally unseen to most Americans. To react to a reaction would be to further sponsor the reaction. In other words, my belief is that the terror will multiply if concrete steps are not taken to sponsor peace in the middle east, NOW. This does not mean that we should not find the guilty party(s), Bin Laden, or whoever they may be, and not try them. Put simply, as long as a major injustice remains, violence precipitates to the surface of life.

Native American folklore, the Bible, Nostradamus, and many other major religious beliefs point to this era with the visuals of yesterday’s disasters, and conditions of ecological disasters we experience daily in our lives today. War, rumors of war, famine, long burning fires, etc., are at our doorstep. We can prevail over this possible vision with the power of the human spirit, understanding, compassion, and peace. IT’S TIME TO PUT OUR NEEDS FOR SECURITY AND SURVIVAL, ACHIEVED ONLY THROUGH PEACE, ABOVE AND BEYOND PROFITS, ESPECIALLY IN THESE TIMES.

SOLUTION:

The U.S. should stop sidestepping the U.N. Security Council, and allow U.N. Peacekeeping troops and missions to the Middle East. Stop the violence first.

Stop the bombing and patrol of Iraq.

With today’s gains in the use of alternative fuels, develop them to full usage with autos and other utilities, to make the country less dependant on an already depleting natural reserve, oil.
By initiating peace, we would have already shaken the foundations of support for Bin Laden, and/or all those that sponsor activities like those we saw yesterday, and break the stronghold of extremists on the world of Islam. On the other hand, if we carry out bombings on Afghanistan or elsewhere to appease public demand, and very likely kill innocent civilians along the way, we’d be creating many more martyrs going to their deaths in retaliation against the retaliation. As shown from yesterday’s events, you cannot stop a person who’s ready to die.

utze
12-10-2004, 12:03 PM
It´s great, that they don´t like the USA and the politics. In Berlin the told, that they hate Bush - Bush is a mass destruction weapon! DAMN i love the politics of the boys! ;)

BeastieBoy427
12-11-2004, 09:01 PM

its not anti-american-its just them stating their feelings. Just get used to it. would you like it if people made posts on your message boards saying that your political views are bs?

sammie_girlie
12-12-2004, 01:30 PM

sammie_girlie
12-12-2004, 01:32 PM
I don't think that the beastie boys are being un-American, their just stating their opinions which we all do. Im not american, im from canada but i don't think that being an artist and voicing your opinion in a song is wrong. Its just their form of expressing their feelings, isn't that supposed to be the beauty of freedom of speech?

JPJ
12-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Why dont you all just stop arguing ...................and listen to some beastie boys

Running_Beastie
12-12-2004, 09:04 PM
ThunderGatti:

Not one single person in Gitmo is a convicted terrorist. Not one single person held in Guantanamo Bay has had a trial to determine their guilt or innocence. The US Supreme Court actually ruled that Bush and Ashcroft were violating the US Constitution by holding those men without access to attorneys or even a court hearing to determine if their confinement was legal. Nobody in Gitmo has even been arrained, and nobody has even been indicted for terrorism. Did you know since 9/11 there has not been a single conviction in the US on charges of terrorism. Even Colin Powell has argued with the Bush administration over the legality of detaining then men in Gitmo, that's one of the reasons he is not coming back for a second term. You accuse everyone on the left of not understanding the war on terror, when actually its the right who doesn't have a clue. This from men on the right like Pat Buchannon, Richard Clarke (Bush's former chief counter terrorism advisor), Mike Scheuer the former head of the CIA's Bin-Laden task force. There is a reason people at the top of the CIA have resigned left and right after Bush's re-election. Its because each of his first three Chief Counterterrorism advisors have publicly stated that he is losing the war on terror horribly. As for fighting global terrorism. Iraq hasn't sponsored terrorism in over ten years. Clarke, as I mentioned before, talks in his book about how Iraqi sponsored terrorism doesn't exist. He was the 9/11 commission's star witness since he has been involved in US counterterrorism from the beginning. Also, the CIA has said for years now that Bin-Laden has been trying to kill Saddam. The terrorist group Ansar-Al-Islam is supported by Bin-Laden. The goal of this organization is the overthrow of Saddam Hussein and the installation of an Islamic Theocracy in Iraq. So far they have half of what they want. If you would listen to the people who have actually been involved in US counter-terrorism activities since they began in the mid-90's you would know this. Obviously you watch Fox news which by the way, is run by the man who runs China's Communist State run television. That's right, Rupert Murdock runs the Chinese propaganda machine. He also runs Fox, another propaganda machine. There is a reason the top military analyst at Fox is Ollie North a man who sold national secrets and weapons to the Iranians and used the money to fund a terrorist organization in Central America. The Contra's that he was funding were and still are listed as a terrorist organization by our very government. So as anyone with common sense can see, Fox is not a reputable news organization unless you love pure propaganda.

Humiliation
12-12-2004, 10:52 PM
err wow? YOu obviously did your homework (y)

ThunderGatti
12-13-2004, 01:57 PM
My mistake for saying they are convicted, i become a little outrage when talking about these things. The main point here is these people who are sitting in Guantanamo Bay were taken off the battle fields in Afghanistan. And what you people still fail to see is that we are still at war. So if you have a POW you are going get as much information out as possible. Remember these people were attempting to kill Americans, soliders, men women and children. So I say lets get as much information out of these people as possible and save American lives and other lifes in the process. Instead of releasing these people and it turns out that they are a terrorist and end up killing more innocent people.

But people than complain about they are being tourtured. Listen I've read in the NY times the "tourture" these POW's have endured. And I quote "One regular procedure was making uncooperative prisoners strip to their underwear, having them sit in a chair while shackled hand and foot to a bolt in the floor, and forcing them to endure strobe lights and loud rock and rap music played through two close loudspeakers while air-conditioning was turned up to maximum levels." haha cmon can we get serious here, I expeience strope lights and maxium levels of music everytime I go out to party on the weekends, hell I experienced this at the Beastie Boys concert in Philly. But wait it gets better "The Red Cross report hints strongly at an explanation of some of those accusations by stating that there were frequent complaints by prisons in 2003 that some of the female interrogates baited their subjects with sexual overtones." Wow, you want to hear about real tourture talk to John McCain. And that is another thing the NY Times got their inforation from a report from the International Red Cross who never once reports on the abuses of thugs and dictators and what they're doing to their own country. (Please do not confuse the International Red Cross with the American Red Cross).

So this is what you people have to understand, we are at war!!! I cannot stress this enough. POW usually remain in custody until aftre the war is over (in some cases in Vietnam, Americans were kept even longer). So to save future lifes of Americans and all human beings lets get all the info we can out of thses people.

Kevin_Arnold
12-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up naysayers and understand that the Beasties are showing support for their country by using the FREEDOM OF SPEECH ya commie.

LEGALLY elected president...hmmm

Kevin_Arnold
12-13-2004, 02:18 PM
ps how smart is bush to offer someone the job of homeland security director who doesn't even know his own nanny came to this country illegally?

wavin_goodbye
12-13-2004, 11:47 PM
thats a pretty moronic statement..

now i dont like bush.. but im pretty sure that he doesnt personally investigate each person he appoints. someone else fucked up..

Rosie Cotton
12-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Or maybe I should get my news from the Daily Show?? okay, thats real smart. You people have to realize this is a common fight against good and evil. And do not confuse my words, the majoirty of the muslims in the world today are peaceful people, but it is the small precentage who have highjacked this religion and used it as an excuse for a jihad against America, and other democratic countries since the late 70's.

They've done studies. Regular viewers of the Daily Show are generally more intelligent and well informed than viewers of Fox News.

You need to get more informed

God, you're an ignorant little twat. Why don't you follow your own advice?

ThunderGatti
12-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Cmon Rosie are you listening to yourself?

I dont care what studies were done when and on who, you cant tell me the Daily Show is a more informed news program than any other news program on TV. What you have just said makes no sense and proves no point at all on we have been talking about. But thank you for your comment.

Running_Beastie
12-15-2004, 04:09 PM
ThunderGatti:

You said talk to McCain, he has spoken regularly about this subject. McCain has publicly called for all men at Gitmo to either be put on trial by the end of this year of be released. US interrogators have said that 90% of people held at Gitmo have NO useful information for the US and that many of them never were involved with Al-Qaida at all: many were just in the wrong place at the wrong time when we conducted raids. McCain also said the other day that he has "no confidence" in Donald Rumsfeld's ability to lead the military or the war on terror because of how terribly he has managed the operations in Iraq. Those are pretty strong words coming from a Vet and the chairmen of Bush's re-election campaign. Also, the stuff you read in the Times about torture is just the tip of the iceberg. The Times has only been privied to the least graphic of the details. They don't talk about waterboarding and other methods that we use to get info from people, some of which are potentially fatal. McCain has spoken out because he knows what it is like to be a POW, and he has said that we are illegally and unjustly holding those men in Gitmo.

Also, you blame Arafat for the peace process blowing up. The real blame should be split between the Israelis and Hamas. What you obviously don't know is that Arafat and the Palestinian authority have no control over Hamas. Hamas' goal is the destruction of both Israel and the Palestinians so that when those two groups kill each other off Hamas can take control of the region. Hamas is purposely doing just as much to the Palestinians as they are to Israel, only in different ways. Arafat wasn't the best person to be dealing with I agree, but he gets way too much of the blame for the mid-east peace process blowing up.

Also, the International Red Cross does a ton of reporting on authoritarian regimes in other countries. Americans typically don't hear about it because they don't listen to the reports unless we are at war with someone. When Bush had members of the Taliban come and visit prior to 9/11 there were aid workers and reporters grilling the Taliban on their oppressive regime. But Bush had the Taliban visit to discuss a potential oil pipeline so he would not have reporters pointing out that his potential business partners were oppressive theocrats who murdered their own people. Much like how Reagan was supporting Saddam during the 80's, and when Saddam gassed his own people the Reagan White House released a statement denying that Saddam had done such a thing a basically said they could vouch for Saddam being a good guy.

You keep saying we are at war, but you don't even seem to understand any real information about this war. I suggest reading "Against All Enemies" by Richard Clarke, Bush's former Chief Counter-terrorism advisor. He gives you the details about what led up to 9/11 and what happened after unlike anything you will probably ever find. Also try "Imperial Hubris" by Anonymous. The author has since been revealed, it is Micheal Scheuer the former head of the CIA's Bin-Laden task force. He resigned about a week after this election so he could continue to speak out about how Bush's policies have us "losing" the war on terrorism. I haven't gotten to this yet, but I plan on it in the near future. These are probably the two best experts on the war on terror. Clarke has worked in the government for almost 30 years personally serving every President since Reagan. Scheuer's career is largely classified because of his work for the CIA.

Running_Beastie
12-15-2004, 04:12 PM

I dont care what studies were done when and on who, you cant tell me the Daily Show is a more informed news program than any other news program on TV. What you have just said makes no sense and proves no point at all on we have been talking about. But thank you for your comment.

A study was done before the election that showed Daily show viewers tended to have more education than Fox viewers and that they could correctly identify current events and people better than twice as much as Fox viewers. This came out shortly after O'Reilly's infamous comment about Daily Show viewers being potheads. Also before the election, an independent watchdog group did a study to see how informed the two candidates supporters were. Kerry supporters could correctly identify Bush's stance on issues 44% of the time. Bush supporters could correctly identiry Kerry's stance on issue 8% of the time. Both of these studies were done by non-partisan watchdog groups.

Humiliation
12-16-2004, 07:15 PM
I don't actually know what the daily show is but i'm guessing it is more reliant anyway seeing as the leader of fox is (or at least was) bush's cousin. Any intelligent person knows that fox supports bush. Or rather anyone who watches the simpsons and intelligent people :p

Running_Beastie
12-16-2004, 08:24 PM
The Daily Show is a satirical news show on comedy central that aires Mon.-Thurs. at 11pm. It also happens to be the top rated news show on television, beating out second place by about 100,000 viewers a night. Typically they take the days top headlines and make fun of them. They also do stories that aren't always front page material, but they have significant relevence to the events of the day or week. Its quite humerous, especially when they have the comedian Lewis Black come on for a "Back in Black" session. Many people dismiss the show because it is satirical in nature; however, satire is often one of the best ways to learn about a subject since it basically tells you the truth about the person or event while exaggerating certain elements in order to get a laugh.

Rosie Cotton
12-17-2004, 03:26 AM
I really love the fact that he kid that started this gave up back on the first page.

wavin_goodbye
12-17-2004, 10:36 AM

fool.

kerosenehat
12-24-2004, 11:36 AM
If anything the political message on the 5 boroughs album made it veen more enjoyable for many people including myself. What is so wrong about bashing our "beloved" president.. haha.. the bboys have renewed a spark in me to continue to be politically active..

intergalactic
12-25-2004, 06:29 AM
Well, i havnt read all the way through these because there are so many, so my arguement may have be the same to others on the board. The fact is it has got so many people talking politics and switching ideas; i dont think the beastie boys are really bothered if people dont agree with them, but im sure they are delighted with the debate it has caused and has made younger members of the board such as myself more politically conscious!

mupaully
12-25-2004, 09:19 AM
Look, I read the first page and a half, so if I'm retreading ideas here, I'm sorry. But there is nothing wrong with what the Beasties are saying in TT5B.

From "It Takes Time to Build" - Stop building SUV's strung out on OPEC
There's nothing wrong with wanting car companies to stop building cars that get 3 miles to the gallon. Oil is a nonrenewable resource. We should be doing everything we can to save it.

Same song - We've got a president we didn't elect/The Kyoto treaty he decided to neglect/Still the US just wants to flex
The Boys are just talking about the controversial way that Bush got elected his first term, by the courts. And the US has been using both its military and monetary power to rule supreme over the world since WWII. There was a very specific reason that when FDR created the League of Nations/UN he based it in NYC - so the US could basically dictate what it was involved in. Think about everything that we've done over the years that we got involved in that we didn't have to, just because we saw ourselves as bodyguards to the world. Vietnam, Iran, Nicaragua/Noreaga, Kosovo, Somalia, the first Gulf War, the war in Iraq. Some of these things were supported at the time, some weren't. Some were ridiculed at the time, even when in the end, we did the right thing (Kosovo and Somalia). Some seemed like good things at the time, but were massive failures in every sense ('Nam). There are a lot of people who think that the US is way too involved in world affairs, spreading democracy to places where it may not work. Russia has had a very difficult time making the transition from communism to democracy since Gorbechav left office.

Overall, the Beatsies have been growing over the years, starting off as punk teenagers who only worried about money and when they were getting high next, to people who fight for the downtrodden and voice their opinions. Their ideals are not different from some people, very different from others. They are not the first artists to voice their politics/beliefs on their albums, however theirs are more mainstream, so more people understand them. RATM had much more radical politics (Zapatista movement/Free Mumia Abu-Jamal/Leonard Peltier), but nobody complained about those beliefs. Why should we tear down the guys for having theirs?

boys_beastie
05-16-2005, 05:21 PM

fuck that!!!! i dont even want to go into the legally elected bit. im not influenced here or anything. im basing my opinion on fact. he clearly rigged it. STOP OIL WAR. MAKE TRADE FAIR.

im a red neck

amen!!

ericg
05-16-2005, 07:37 PM
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN HEY FUCK YOU

!!!FUCK OFF & DIE!!!

ericg
05-16-2005, 08:38 PM
For all those unfortunate biters and back stabbers:

The Beastie's got it all wrapped up more than what you can dial. Just 'cause that's how they got it due and how it is. But they're still in the business of giving you the 411. In fact, they've been the only ones true really to life's biorhythm in no uncertain terms. You won't get what's it all about much clearer.
"...you should respect..."
The album was meant to be stripped and brought down to earth... OLD SCHOOL. To show what it's really all about. So the confounded suckers are not able to front on it... and that's only if they have any idea of what's good for them. That's what it takes for suckers who try to deny till the day they die. I'm sorry sucker's parents didn't have or provide the wherewithal integral to give them the skinny and stock it well early on, and allowed the world to be so wack, but now you gotta think in practical terms and get a fucking move on.

PS And no, if you don't like this album then you're no fan at all. So you're better off learning to like it. By the way, that's the whole damn point of the album. To seperate the fools. If you get split personality, you'll at least be one step closer to the truth.

SILVERBEASTIE
05-17-2005, 03:54 AM
In your opinion their political statements are false! At the time they made the album he was still serving his first term in office, which he achieved with FOX network ( his cousin runs that shit ). He is a war criminal..PERIOD!! He went to war with Riraq on the back on them having WMD, still yet to be found! then he moves the goal posts, it's all about democracy, sure, freedom...Why not start with most African countries if you want to create a democracy...know why he didn't? OIL!!! Anyone who truly believes otherwise I pity, not hate, but pity. The BB's have every right to voice their opinion, as much as you do and the next man...it's why you live in the land of the free. G.W is big enough I'm sure to take any shit coming his way. Granted we all don't agree on this, and you have every right to complain about it.

boys_beastie
05-19-2005, 03:55 PM

what the hell are you on about? first of all, america are bullys. they think they're so powerful and stick their nose into everything for the wrong reasons, e.g. iraq, vietnam. second of all. no idea about other countries? the boys have a fund set up for the independence and freedom of tibet and, i read in an interview, try their hardest not to buy anything made in china as a protest towards the tibet situation. thirdly, why is expressing their views on SUV's destroying the planet and george.w.bush ruining america drivel and snout? i suppose you can justify all the things he's done? and lastly, does a country work by waiting for an excuse* to invade another oil-rich country, spreading hate and racism through its citizens until they have an excuse to go in, and then pointlessly killing hundreds of innocent civilians, and hundreds of your own troops just for money and oil. is that how you run a country?. and even if bush wasnt lying about wanting to stop sadam, it looks like before they invaded, iraq was a much happier and civilised place, its complete havoc in the streets all the time now, looting and gunfire and explosions. and that weapons of mass destruction thoery turned out to be proven wrong aswell.

you're wrong about everything there man. open your eyes...

*i was referring to 9/11, but no doubt it was devastating and my heart goes out too all the people who lost friends, relatives and loved ones...

NoI'mClarence
05-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Its not anti-american to voice your opinion, its one of our rights

SoundScientist
05-19-2005, 04:38 PM

They are not anti-american. They love america. What they don't like is George W Bush and the way he runs his government. I'm sory, but I feel they ahve a right to say what they did. George Bush may now have bee legally re-elected...but when he first got into office there was obvious tampering that went on with the vote count, especialy in Florida, where his brother was a govoner.

Several friends and relatives were also amoug the ballot counters.

Besides that...legally elected or not...he waged a war against Osama Bin Laden...which made perfect sense of course...but then when he realized he could not find him, he decided..fuck it lets go after Sadam. The War on Iraq was irational and stupid and totally based on one thing. OIL. Saddam was a dictator, and he wasn't a great guy, but the US had NO reason to go attack him. He was not behind the 911 atttacks, and to this very day NO weapons of Mass destruction have been found. Every point that the beasties bring up is valid and true. George W Bush is an idiot. And I feel they should be allowed to inform us about that. Most of the US simply allows the president to do whatever he feels liek because they don't klnow what is REALLY going on.

George bush is getting away with some serious crimes rightnow..and if you can't realize that...fine. But if it had been any other countries leader who had waged a war on Iraq, you can rest assured that some other country would have stepped in and stopped them. The US is being nothing more than bullies.

SoundScientist
05-19-2005, 04:42 PM

They say "we've got a president we didn't elect"

which was true.

SoundScientist
05-19-2005, 04:58 PM

Ass.

First of all his avatar is Will Farrell. haha.

Second. He attacked a country for NO reason when he realized he could not get Osama. Instead he bombed a country and killed thousands of innocent people so he could get his hands on more oil. He has all kinds of Sudi Arabian friends who have Billions of dollars invested in oil companies in the US. Shut up and check the facts man.

You probably didn't know this, but after 911, when everyones flights were cancelled...several Sudia Arabians, including SEVERAL members of the BIN Laden Family...(Osama's brothers and uncles ect.), were allowed to leave the country BY PLANE. None of them were even questioned about the whareabouts of Osama. They were simply allowed to leave. They should ahve been questioned, theres no reason for that crap.

Then he has the nerve to puti all these airport rules and thousands of innocent americans are questioned because they look like a certain race....it's fucking ridicoulous and you know it.

Why?

If you don't like the news then press EJECT!

SoundScientist
05-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Invading Iraq on the basis that they had weapons of mass destruction which we know they do not have is a war crime.

There you have it...couldn't have said it better andmore simply.

SoundScientist
05-19-2005, 05:04 PM

that is totally false. they don't hate on anyone...except bush. they just think he's doing a poor job. you're allowed to say that.

He started a war with IRAQ for NO reason at all.

SoundScientist
05-19-2005, 05:07 PM
I completely disagree. Why should they keep quiet? They are able to hit a large audience, and make their views known. Not that you have to immediatly agree, but just think about and question. I am not a full out liberal, but what they are saying makes more and more sense every day. Bush has brought this country down to depths that I have never seen in my lifetime.

I would not say they are extreme liberal views. They are things that every American should be questioning. If you don't, you might as well be in a dictatorship. Just do whatever the president or his administration says, and never question anything. I'm sure that would make Bush happy. He could really do whatever he wanted then.

I see them promoting no hate, only opinions. Bush, I see promoting hatred and violence all over the world. And based on invalid facts.

WELL SAID

SoundScientist
05-19-2005, 05:14 PM
How very condescending; opinions aren't valid unless someone is your age? How about me? I'm 34 -- am I old enough to have an opinion? None of your opinions were backed up with anything, yet you seemed fine vomiting them into this thread. Need I remind you that your original post asked for opinions? Perhaps you were looking solely for opinions which mirror your own.

Treason: The offense of attempting to overthrow the government of the state to which one owes allegiance, either by making war against the state or by materially supporting its enemies. Source: Black's Law Dictionary, 7th Ed. See how speaking out against a President, war-time or not, is not treason? Perhaps you were being facetious, so I'll stop here on this particular issue.

Is it your argument that politicians are more qualified to give their opinions because they are politicians, and therefore musicians and other artists are not as qualified to give opinions and are less deserving of respect? That argument is ludicrous. Generally speaking, the only requirement for being elected to a political office is that you are 34, a citizen of the U.S., and a resident of the district you represent. Then, you just need the votes. You don't have to have any political experience, there are no educational requirements, etc. Scary, isn't it? The politicians have clerks and advisors who tell them what they should do and how they should vote based on several factors, and then the politicians spit out what their speechwriters give them. What about that makes the Beastie Boys less qualified to voice their opinions?

Is it the fact that the opinions come out in music? Does that mean that all musicians/artists/celebrities should keep their opinions to themselves on all hot issues, and just become these vapid little creatures who never say anything of substance? We already have some of those, and you can go purchase their cds; be sure to pick up Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, and Hillary Duff.

WONDERFUL POST! haha

Beth you rule

SoundScientist
05-19-2005, 05:17 PM
I wish the Georige H. Bush did pullout, then W would've never been born.

hahahahhha

SoundScientist
05-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Well said. Im sure that i am going to catch mad flack for what i am about to write but i really dont care. First off, people need to piss and mone much less about the B boys writing political lyrics. You obviously were not listening to pauls boutique or something, because yes, they were writing political lyrics back then. And i am not trying to sound leet or anything. im just stating the facts on this one. Secondly, FUCK GEORGE BUSH. The man is a biggot. These words came straight from his lips, "we are going to get those damn sinner muslims". Try to tell me that this is not a racist comment. And im sure there are plenty of people who have refused to watch fahrenheit 911. I was in the same boat. Not because i support the biggot, but because i dont feel that michael Moore is the best source for all your bush bashing info. But as it stands, the info from that film could be found elsewhere. And i had read plenty of things with the same type of info. Its out there and it is true. Americans need to wake the fuck up. Its getting ridiculous to say that bush has moral values and Clinton lacked them more than bush. Yes Clinton got a fucking blow job. Which is worse, a blow job, or over a thousand us troops dead, more iraqis dead, plenty of which were innocent. I think that the amount of war casualties has about equaled out to the lives lost on 911. And dont mistake these words either. This is not to say i believe in an eye for an eye, but we are fucking things up real bad right now. And dont even get me started on the economy right now. If you actually think that this is a healthy economy you are in a dream world or are rich and dont have to worry about shit. Go work in a little independent store or resaurant and try to tell me that buisness is better than it was 3 years ago. i can tell you now, i have never seen buisness drops like this before. I have been working full time supporting myself for 5 years, im 21, and manage a restaurant currently, and buisness has plumeted compared to where it used to be. And lets talk about amendment rights now shall we. Does anybody else find it fucked up how many bills get slipped in that fuck with your rights. You cant have free speech anymore. On the internet or anywhere else that big brother might be watching. If you havent heard of the free speech bubble that was created for people around campaigning time you have been locked in your house with the doors bolted and your fingers in your ears. You have to be like 300 yards away from anywhere where political debate or anything is happening now. Course it does not matter now, since we have the slime ball for four more years. Im sure everybody has heard of the rave act. It was slipped in under the premise that child abduction had something to do with throwing partys (raves or whatever you want to call them). stupid shit happens at raves but not once have i heard of an abduction. And at least the beastie boys have the balls to say that they think the prez is a cock, and not retract those sentaments. When we are unable to voice our own opinions we lose our first ammendment. It is being gently ripped away from all of us. I am no longer so much angry with the president and the govt as i am with those that support this bullshit and think that it is correct morals. Ill tell you now, i was raised a nicheren shoshu budhist and have stronger morals than almost any christian, baptist, or catholic that i have ever met. And if this comes across as prejudice, deal with it. How does it feel to be on the other end for once. Im sure that it makes you plenty angry. I dealt with that same shit for years growing up. and the beasties also said that they do love this country, but that it needs a lot of work. If you dont see that, you are more of a tool than our prez. Maybe four more years is exactly what this country needs. Maybe we can completely drive it into the ground and start some more wrongly timed wars. soon everyone in san diego will be living in New Hong Kong. So im ready for everything you want to throw at me. And to end this message i say this EVERYTHING I HAVE WRITTEN IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. NOTHING SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT. Anybody with a brain knows why i wrote this.
Phlip

Brilliant...

b-girl74
06-02-2005, 10:18 PM

Weather you agree with the beasties polotics or not, they do have the right to express themselves.

Chicka B
06-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Weather you agree with the beasties polotics or not, they do have the right to express themselves.

Yep, it's just as simple as that. They're grown men, they can do whatever the hell they want and I respect and support them. Not because they're my favorite band but because I agree and always knew that Bush is an ass for obvious reasons. Now that he's president and we're stuck with him, nobody can do anything about it which kind of sucks.

miss pie
11-19-2005, 01:49 AM
I just can't believe that Bush got in again...that sux ass for all you poor Americans out there...

gaselite
12-08-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm not totally familiar with the album yet, but in one song they say Bush is not the real president which = falsehood. Which = propaganda.

I know this is late, but I get sick of this misconception. Propaganda is not falsehood. There is no direct relationship between propaganda and a lack of truth. They are different things. We call lack of truth 'lies', propaganda is like... in simple terms, political advertisement.

Anyway, what the Beasties are doing is expressing opinion. Better to throw a bit of contention out there than simply accept everything as is. Nice of them to try and incite change, even if it didn't work last year. Better than sitting on your arse and doing nothing. Rap is about the message and anti bush sentiment is part of their message on TT5B, and that's fair enough, they're not the only ones.

Finally, it's probably been mentioned in this thread anyway, but:
"I'm not trying to say I hate the USA;
I'd live somewhere else if I felt that way"

So, yeah. You lose.

Jabbadahut
12-11-2005, 05:30 PM
Waaaaa, If you dont like it make you own songs

talita
12-23-2005, 12:45 PM
BBoys are completly right, Bush is a stupid.
He is a kind of nazist megalomaniac, wants sovereignty over all countrys of the world. Americans aren't better than any race, not even than iraquians (i don't know how to right), people are people, an there is much innocent people dying because of all this shit of war.

pol pot
07-06-2006, 08:43 PM
the beastly boys complain about the war in iraq and get ritch. i look for my next deployment in the national guard. is this right to you:eek:

AdRockGRL
07-07-2006, 12:58 AM
Well, I live in Italy but believe me: even if I'm thousands of miles away from you I live this thread as a little mine, because in Ialy, our old president of Cabinet (Berlusconi....maybe you heard about him) was the lickspittleof Bush... I was not very happy about it (I've fight a long against him and his political ideas....that was "rich ones eat and get every day richer... who is not reach...it's not my business!") and now I fill better 'cause he moved away by the cabinet.... anyway, I think that open a thread about your shocked opinion about Beasties new album is quite weird:
I think they write their lyrics hoping people to understand that maybe is time to think about some things... They spur your brain... If you feel so offended by them....don't keep on listening...(as many other have already said!)

vickista
07-07-2006, 01:53 AM

well first of all they are entitled to there opinion just like we are, second of all just becoz u dont agree with the political decisions being made in ur counrty doesnt mean ur unpatriotic. also they aint that left, and its not propaganda!

second of all u suck bcoz its not up to you to judge people, especially not on their political beliefs.

amedeo
07-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm Swiss and I think Mister President of the USA is a stupid Cow Boy. Stop war in Iraq! Thanks Beastie Boys, you're politically correct!

Funkyfreshgrape
07-09-2006, 08:04 PM
the president is lame.

prezl
07-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Bush SuckZ ...

enree erzweglle
07-11-2006, 02:08 PM
I think I think that Cheney is scarier than Bush.

Funkyfreshgrape
07-11-2006, 02:17 PM
the president is lame.
he looks like a monkey to me!

and he SUCKS!!!

enree erzweglle
07-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Cheney is evil and Bush is just his stupid monkey who does everything Cheney wants.Right. That's why Cheney scares me more than Bush does. I think GW is doing what he's being told to do and he doesn't even pull that off convincingly. I honestly don't believe that he even has a full vote in important matters. Cheney's the one to watch.

ggirlballa
07-11-2006, 03:19 PM
& wut i hate the most is sum people in texas (not all people just some)
vote for bush knowing he's a messed up president but only vote for him cuz he's from their hometown so they gotta vote for him even if he does fuck up our country!(n)

Funkyfreshgrape
07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
vote for bush knowing he's a messed up president but only vote for him cuz he's from their hometown so they gotta vote for him even if he does fuck up our coutry!(n)
i'm with you, ggirl!

QueenAdrock
07-11-2006, 08:05 PM
the beastly boys complain about the war in iraq and get ritch. i look for my next deployment in the national guard. is this right to you:eek:

Are you complaining about deployment? Because there's no draft right now, you must have wanted it.

And they complain about the war in Iraq, yes. They get "ritch" because their music is awesome, not because of their political views. However, they are one of the only bands I can think of that donates a large share of their money towards helping others. Battered women and helping Tibetans are both worthy causes and I applaud them for not only pointing out the injustices of the world, but also doing their share to DO something about it.

|FrK|
08-06-2006, 11:31 AM
I think b-boys aren't un-american, they just think that bush isn't doing the right thing with the Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan...
I think that "In a world gone mad..." it's a very good song, because it's true that
Bush is doing oil wars... If America does something wrong, to say that America is
mistaking is unamericanism??
I don' think so...

fraserallison
08-07-2006, 08:16 AM
BLOODY AMERICANS

DirtyPete
08-07-2006, 09:00 PM
the boys are definately not anti american, yea they are voicing their opinion but so what, that is the essence of being american, and seriously, the subject matter on TT5B was not nearly as political as an album by an amazing group like anti-flag, so really i dont' know where i am going with this but oh well

Bomba Klaat
08-09-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm fucking sick to my very core of Americans using the phrase 'anti-American' all the time. Why is it that in every democratic country in the world people understand that in a democracy it is necessary to challenge anything that they feel is wrong but America can’t? If you don't do this a government can do anything they want. Have some sense and stop being patriotic - nobody in the UK or anywhere in Europe is so fucking worried about patriotism, it's just retarded.

TAFKASB
03-28-2007, 08:26 AM
It doesn't matter who the president is or will be in the future. Everyone of em will have you living in fear. Carry a gun and shoot anyone who pisses you off or scares you.

MIKEtotheD
03-28-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm going to D.C. in May and I intend to give Bush the one-finger salute if I happen to see him somewhere. :cool:

Funkyfreshgrape
03-29-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm going to D.C. in May and I intend to give Bush the one-finger salute if I happen to see him somewhere. :cool:
(y)

SickFreak
03-29-2007, 08:42 PM
I do not support Bush on some issues, such as the environment, but I agree with his beliefs on abortion, the war, and gay marriage, and I am a Christian.

OH WOW I AM SUCH AN IGNORANT HOMOPHOBIC WARMONGER

and BTW, if you don't wanna hear the Beasties views on TT5B, just skip Right Now, Time To Build, We Got The, and a few others.

and that's all i have to say about that

joon
03-30-2007, 02:02 PM
vote for bush knowing he's a messed up president but only vote for him cuz he's from their hometown so they gotta vote for him even if he does fuck up our country!(n)

I totally dig what you are saying, however...please let me set the record straight.
#1. The Bushes ARE NOT from Texas. We have a saying here, 'certainly everyone WANTS to be from here, but saying it doesn't make it so.' That is tongue in cheek so please don't hate on me. I AM from Texas and I AM deeply offended that Bush tries to front like he is too. Here most REAL Texans consider that clan a bunch of lobster eatin' ivy leaguers who came here because politically it makes sense and they duped a lot of trusting Texans who YES, don't know any better, into believing they are from here. There are some of us who hate the Bushes, no matter where they live. So please remember this--it was not just Texans who voted him into office.
I am not sure anyone voted him into office anyway, but in the least, the whole country is responsible for letting it happen.
#2. Dick Cheney is the devil. Yes that is right. He is the one you need to worry about.
Did you know that the company he heads--Haliburton--just moved their International HQTRS to DUBAI?? Yes, a middle eastern country. Yes the VP of our nation's, biggest money making and governmentally contracted company, now runs out of the middle east, the very same area, thousands of our enlisted are dying in every day.
El fucking diablo.

Please forgive Texas for the lies W has told. Not everyone here is so trusting.
You see here, we are raised to be kind and trusting if not of everyone at least of fellow Texans, but politics has convoluted and devalued that message in exchange for hidden agendas. The friendly state has taken quite a blow and on behalf of the thinkers here, I apologize for the confusion. This is not the way our mamas raise 'em.
Good day!