PDA

View Full Version : Copy-Paste-Mix. Enjoy.

Spanishbomb808
07-27-2004, 12:40 AM
A straight-up merging of "Shake your Rump" with the Clash's "The Magnificent Dance" (y) (the instrumental version of Sandinista's "The Magnificent Seven). No science here, just basic addition.

Naturally, I did this after tampering with looping another song and failing. After leaving that challenge for another day, I just slapped this together.

While I was listening, I added some "samples" to make things sound a tad nicer. I'm guessing the Gn'R acoustic piece might be a tad out of place, but then again, this isn't supposed to be the neatest track ever.

This is no masterpiece by any means... it's just a cute little number to add to your insanely large Remix playlist. Anyways, I hope .wma works for you guys, because frankly, mp3 is too large a format for my taste.

http://members.aol.com/aka80sboy/clash_shake.wma

Samples include:
"The Magnificent Dance" by the Clash
"Start me up" by the Rolling Stones
"Overpowered by funk" by the Clash
"Ten Years Gone" by Led Zeppelin
"Left to my own devices" by Pet Shop Boys
"Kids in America" by Kim Wilde
"Double Talkin' Jive" by Guns N' Roses

Then again, most of these are 2 seconds snippets with little relevance to the actual song. But hey, I just wanted to post something that would validate my acount of this site :rolleyes:

Taco Zip
07-27-2004, 01:19 AM
No offence, but the beat and the acapella are totally mismatched.

But hey man, you've found some really nice samples though. (y)

landos_dad
07-27-2004, 01:30 AM
No offence, but the beat and the acapella are totally mismatched.

But hey man, you've found some really nice samples though. (y)

What he said..

Try listeninf to the original track and determine which lyric falls in the first kickdrum as a guide. Yeah nice samples.

MarkedCube
07-27-2004, 11:06 PM
I got another suggestion to add, the beats you pasted over the acapella are a lot louder then the acapella and you got even more beats that are even louder then the normal beats. I highly suggest you to put on some headphones to mix the sound levels more evenly so it can be more pleasing to the ears.

Spanishbomb808
07-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the critique. I'll stay away from blatant overlapping and try that other stuff.

Would you guys reccomend looping portions of a song then providing some drum-machine beats atop that? I mean, I have a lil' rhythym sequencer thingy to make 'em, but the whole concept of Tempo baffles me.