PDA

View Full Version : adrock in film

superfly
07-27-2004, 04:59 PM
adrock was in four movies:
"Lost Angels"-- His best movie (and only starring role) was kinda like "Rebel w/o a Cause".
"Long Road Home"-- TV movie about the Depression.
"A Kiss Before Dying"-- small role in Matt Dillon movie
"Roadside Prophets"-- strange, almost cool "Easy Rider"-like film w/ John Doe from the band "X" as the lead and the adwhammy as co-lead. also w/ david carradine, timothy leary, arlo guthrie, and john cusack. the director wrote "Sid and Nancy". not as good as it sounds like it would be.

adrockgirl
07-27-2004, 07:26 PM
i did not know he was in any movies. thanks for the info,
and wasn't he married to Ione Skye? {say anything...} i could be wrong.

pass_the_mic
07-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Yes he was married to Ione Skye, he was in a movie with her called "Cityscrapes: Los Angeles", it stars a good friend of his-Max Perlich, its very hard to find. Lost Angels is a very good movie, but Roadside Prophets is shit, I wouldn't waste my time with it, but everyone should see Lost Angels.

like2_drink
07-27-2004, 09:15 PM
I knew he was in lost angels cause of much musics " egos & icons " , but i never heard of the others, any good?

Beastie Girl
07-27-2004, 09:59 PM
The Beasties are also in "Krush Groove"... I think all of them are in it anyway, or maybe it's just Mike D and Adrock? I haven't seen it yet but am definitely gonna :)

Pootytang
07-27-2004, 10:21 PM
How about the skate-amentary "keep your eyes open"

I think that is the name of it.

pass_the_mic
07-27-2004, 11:42 PM
All the Beastie Boys are in the Run-DMC movie Tougher Than Leather

superfly
07-28-2004, 02:03 AM
I knew he was in lost angels cause of much musics " egos & icons " , but i never heard of the others, any good?

lost angels is quite good. long road home and kiss before dying are decent. roadside prophets is pretty bad.

superfly
07-28-2004, 02:05 AM
Yes he was married to Ione Skye, he was in a movie with her called "Cityscrapes: Los Angeles", it stars a good friend of his-Max Perlich, its very hard to find. Lost Angels is a very good movie, but Roadside Prophets is shit, I wouldn't waste my time with it, but everyone should see Lost Angels.

he also dated molly ringwald during the license to ill era. i believe he is talking about her when he talks about fancy things going up her nose and when he talks about being messed up on zootie (cocaine).

Audielicious
07-28-2004, 02:09 AM
How about the skate-amentary "keep your eyes open"

I think that is the name of it.
Is he in that one? :confused: I always thought that was just a movie with Mike D. that Tamra directed.

I_wear_manties
07-28-2004, 02:27 AM
ah yo, shit. you know I can't be watching my boy Adrock for real. Shit, this niggas dvd playa is still busted, for real. But listen, I be waiting for Adrock movie to come onto TV, shit. I be taping that shit. My boy Derek be lending a brotha some tape recorder for movie and shit. We tight him and me. Ah yo, that fool need to be going to blockbuster and seeing that shit for real. I knows they have Adrock movies for rent. Shit, you know that fool be hating a nigga/ But listen, he my dawg, and I need to be respecting that fool. Shit, Adrock look like some dude snow white for real. That dawg need to e-mail a nigga, so we can do this shit. Straight up G. Shit. (y)

liberty_a320
07-28-2004, 02:50 AM
Is he in that one? :confused: I always thought that was just a movie with Mike D. that Tamra directed.

No, Adrock's not in that one, just Mike D. He plays a security guard.

Real PaulRevere
07-28-2004, 03:04 AM
well i have to ask something, maybe i'll ruine for some of you who havn't seen the movie "A Kiss Before Dying" so you can stop reading here!

ok doesn't adrock die in that movie? i havn't seen it, I only saw the trailer and i think i heard him screaming while falling from some big high thingy, and well adrock has a unique voice :D so it's easy to recognize it... ha ha ha.... or maybe he didn't get that much of a big part?

mackie
07-28-2004, 03:08 AM
i didnt even realise he was in any movies...cool

liberty_a320
07-28-2004, 06:56 PM
doesn't adrock die in that movie? i havn't seen it, I only saw the trailer and i think i heard him screaming while falling from some big high thingy, and well adrock has a unique voice :D so it's easy to recognize it... ha ha ha.... or maybe he didn't get that much of a big part?

Um, no... he plays the dude that picks up hitchhiking Matt Dillon... that's the Sean Young character being thrown off the building at the beginning of the movie.

I knew this thread would end up in here.

pass_the_mic
07-28-2004, 08:01 PM
he also dated molly ringwald during the license to ill era. i believe he is talking about her when he talks about fancy things going up her nose and when he talks about being messed up on zootie (cocaine).

HUH?

jennyb
07-31-2004, 12:23 AM
Regarding Lost Angels... I have 2 words... SHOWER SCENE!! Whoo Hoo! :eek:

adrockgirl
07-31-2004, 08:31 AM
i forgot that he dated molly ringwald. :p
he's a chick magnet.

i will have to go and find these movies.

laura
08-04-2004, 03:37 AM
everyone should see Lost Angels.
honesly..that movie sucks..

Bourgie
08-04-2004, 06:57 PM
well i have to ask something, maybe i'll ruine for some of you who havn't seen the movie "A Kiss Before Dying" so you can stop reading here!

ok doesn't adrock die in that movie? i havn't seen it, I only saw the trailer and i think i heard him screaming while falling from some big high thingy, and well adrock has a unique voice :D so it's easy to recognize it... ha ha ha.... or maybe he didn't get that much of a big part?

lol yah he dies but you don't see it. It is just implied in the movie. Matt Dillon steals his identity so it is assumed that he did. Matt Dillon's character is hitchhiking on the highway and Adam's character picks him up. Anyways it's a small part. Now each time i see Matt Dillon i yell out jokingly that he killed adrock... :p

ShortyGurly624
08-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Regarding Lost Angels... I have 2 words... SHOWER SCENE!! Whoo Hoo! :eek:

ooh yeah, SHOWER SCENE! that's sooo hot. lol :D

lil richard
08-08-2004, 04:40 PM
adrock in a film? :eek:
thats crazy :eek:

silkcut_ultra
08-09-2004, 08:59 AM
I think he is in STAKES !!
Tracked by three surviving humans from a parallel earth, a group of vampires are out to dominate our world by breeding their own pureblood race. The purebloods can't be killed by ordinary means. The number of vampires are growing. The humans are running out of time... and the "stakes" have never been higher!

hmmm not sure bout this one!

girlcoastal
08-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Roadside Prophets isn't that bad. Many call it "the Easy Rider of the nineties". I need to see Lost Angels.

Anything
08-24-2004, 09:40 AM
is there any chance i might get a hold of Lost Angels in sweden?

Siti
08-27-2004, 07:17 AM
"Lost Angels"-- His best movie (and only starring role) was kinda like "Rebel w/o a Cause".
"Roadside Prophets"-- strange, almost cool "Easy Rider"-like film w/ John Doe from the band "X" as the lead and the adwhammy as co-lead. also w/ david carradine, timothy leary, arlo guthrie, and john cusack. the director wrote "Sid and Nancy". not as good as it sounds like it would be.

i don't know bout it :confused:

jennyb
08-29-2004, 01:29 AM
I just watched Roadside Prophets... Such an adorable character Sam is! Not an oscar worthy film or anything but well worth my buck to see so much of Adam H. LOVE THE FIREWORKS!

bgirl_jess
10-24-2004, 11:41 AM
I'm going to see Lost Angels soon. :cool: it took THAT long

Saffy
10-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Those interested in seeing Cityscrapes should check out www.cinemanow.com. They have a 7-day free trial membership and the movie is free. It's pretty boring, and Adam and Ione's scenes are short, but it was worth it for me!

(By the way, I started my 7-day trial about three days ago, and I don't know what trouble I might have making sure they don't charge me for a full month. These things are always tricky, so be careful.)

brianavalentino
10-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Wait hold the press....could someone fill me in on the details of this shower scene in lost angels? lol jk ;)

Saffy
10-24-2004, 11:33 PM
The first seven are from Roadside Prophets, the next three are from Lost Angels, and the last one is a publicity shot of Adam with his Lost Angels costar Amy Locane.

Yaumama
10-25-2004, 11:24 AM
I've been trying to find the movie Lost Angels but no such luck ne one know where I can find it? (e-bay doesn't count)

jusme1072
10-25-2004, 06:01 PM
By the way, I just posted a bunch of pics from Adrock's movie work here (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=538362&postcount=692). I think many of them are from Lost Angels, but seeing as I haven't seen it, you might be able to clear that up for me!

Thanks, that was nice, aahhh :cool:

BSTEGRL
10-25-2004, 06:16 PM
I've been trying to find the movie Lost Angels but no such luck ne one know where I can find it? (e-bay doesn't count)

I bought it off of Amazon. Does that count?

plutomama
10-27-2004, 12:43 AM

hi yau, check your local video store, blockbuster and hollywood should carry this movie, i've even found it at the smaller independant stories back home in the bay area. *or if you're lucky you have an inside connection to a place and someone can swipe a copy!*. good luck and i hope that you find it.

nisha
10-27-2004, 06:50 AM
i watched it on starz for the 3rd time like a month ago. it was in the middle of a lazy afternoon, so maybe it will come on again soon. :o

jusme1072
10-30-2004, 03:58 PM
i went to 2 viddeo stores last night and they didnt carry lost angels and today i called some other video store and it said it was "recalled" any1 know why :confused:

i'm not sure, but i just bought it off amazon. haven't gotten it yet, but you might want to try online.

I'mTheMacaroni
10-31-2004, 11:22 AM
Lost Angels sucks as a movie, though Adam is amazing in his role. And I'm not just saying that because it's him. I haven't seen the others he's been in (Roadside Profits, City Scrapes, and that one with Matt Dillon, where he plots to kill his wife). Are there others? And what has Mike D been in?

I'mTheMacaroni
10-31-2004, 03:24 PM
Not much - he's not an actor - but he did appear in Tamra's film "Keep Your Eyes Open" as a security guard.

Thanks wints. I think they should film a movie about living in Regina! Mike D and Tamra did, recently.

I'mTheMacaroni
10-31-2004, 03:29 PM
You must have been happy about that.

Check you later.

jennygirl9999
11-21-2004, 08:52 PM
adrock looks so HOTT in that movie lost angels :eek:

sammie_girlie
12-10-2004, 05:05 PM
i've never seen "A Kiss Before Dying", what year was it made?

But i do have Lost Angels and Roadside Prophets, altough both movies aren't like the greatest movies i think Adam does a great job in both, he plays his character very well, and he looks hot in both lol

So Lola
12-11-2004, 12:28 AM
ad-rock is complete eye candy. he should be in every movie. then id watch movies.

love,
lola

Brooklyn Babe
01-13-2005, 10:34 PM
ad-rock is complete eye candy. he should be in every movie. then id watch movies.

I totally agree. I loved Lost Angels - Adrock does a great job acting and I have never seen him look so unbelievably gorgeous. He has the most amazing smile ever. But as visually appealing as he is - he makes you forget his looks with his outstanding acting skills - his performance was so moving I actually cried - especially that scene where he's fighting with his father and he's begging his dad to talk to him. Even his facial expressions - the way they convey his mood so perfectly - like in the scene after he spray paints the hospital walls and donald sutherland confronts him and adrock looks so nervous and wired -All in all a great movie (y)

I remember in an interview they asked adrock why he decided to start acting and he said: "if Sting can do it -fuck it, so can I."

Brooklyn Babe
01-14-2005, 09:10 PM
o I just noticed that in Lost Angels - amy locane's mother is played by patricia richardson from home inprovement and one of the guys in adrock's brother's gang is the guy who plays Tim Allen's brother on home improvement - weird coincidence huh.

Documad
01-14-2005, 11:00 PM
I remember in an interview they asked adrock why he decided to start acting and he said: "if Sting can do it -fuck it, so can I."
The thing is that Sting COULDN'T. See Dune, The Bride, Brimstone and Treacle.
:D

I have no idea whether Adrock can. I bought Lost Angels at a garage sale some time ago and I've always been afraid to watch it.

Brooklyn Babe
01-15-2005, 12:16 AM
The thing is that Sting COULDN'T. See Dune, The Bride, Brimstone and Treacle.
:D

I know - i think he just meant he'd give it a shot since sting is so horrible how could he possibly be any worse - so there was nothing to be afraid of.

I have no idea whether Adrock can. I bought Lost Angels at a garage sale some time ago and I've always been afraid to watch it.
You should'nt be afraid to watch it - I felt the same way I thought it was gonna suck (you know the whole sting scenerio) but it really did'nt.

The story is pretty good - at first (before I watched it) I thought this is not gonna hold my interest -it's just an excuse to stare at adrock for 2 hours - but I really got hooked by a half hour in -I wanted to know how it was gonna turn out - and some of the scenes are really touching. he makes you totally forget he's adrock - he really get's into the role and he does an amazing job.

I can't really describe what I'm trying to say here - it's one of those movies where you'll get to a scene and cover your mouth and be like "no don't do it" like those people in movie theatres who yell back at the screen during horror flix.

you just have to watch it and you'll know exactly what I mean

I find that I respect adrock way more and see him as a multi talented individual after seeing that film.

***but don't get the wrong idea and watch the movie expecting to get an al pacino/robert dinero acting job***

side note - I think it was little unfair to give donald sutherland top billing over adrock - I mean I can understand why they did it - donald sutherland is a big star and a great actor - and at that time adrock was a virtual unknown at least in the film industry - but he's in the film for far more time than donald sutherland is - even in the opening credits they put his name like 4th or 5th and does'nt even say starring adam horovitz - it says introducing adam horovitz.

and another thing that bothered me about the movie - the music was kinda lame - i just couldnt see adrock (or the character he played in the movie) driving around listening to the cure- it just didnt fit.

graditude
02-08-2005, 09:58 PM
i want to see roadside prophets so bad!

IronicAllure
08-06-2005, 08:56 PM
I discovered that Mike D was in a movie called : Over Exposed
Which came out back in 1984 and also Yauch and Mike were in a 5-minute short black and white film called Beastie,when they were a punk group, and they're performing three songs at a special party given in honour of Philip Pucci's 20th birthday. :D

lazarus0202
08-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Lost Angels was pretty cool, I saw it in the theatre when it came out. Nice chemistry between him and Donald Sutherland.

I think with all of his Hollywood connections and NY connections (don't forget who his dad is) you'd think Horovitz would be able to land a few decent roles in films with better scripts. But it seems like he was just acting to ACT, not really to cross over as a movie star.

His little acting cameo on Saturday Night Live a few years back as a kid who got his girlfriend pregnant was funny too. I think they performed Sure Shot on that same episode.

Documad
08-06-2005, 10:51 PM
I still own Lost Angels and I still haven't watched it.

Now I also own Roadside Prophets and I haven't watched that either. It sounds just awful, with Arlo Gutherie and Timothy Leary! What? The box says "Rockers John Doe and Adam Horovitz take a long ride off the short pier of convention and pull in at the no man's land Motel 9. One's cool. One's crazy." Is Adrock the cool or the crazy one? :p

IronicAllure
08-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Hmm... I saw this show on "MuchMoreMusic" that says he has been in 10 movies but "MuchMoreMusic/MuchMusic/Star" make alot of mistakes and not everything they say is true but i'll write them a letter and ask them to send me a list of all the movies he has been in and I'll post them up here
...Just Saying
:o

miss pie
11-16-2005, 09:34 PM
wonder if i can get hold of a copy in little old new zealand? i'd love to see this 'shower scene'... hehehe!

kleptomaniac
12-23-2005, 08:26 PM
It's actually not Adrock taking a shower...
It's something else. :rolleyes:

but it wuz HOTT all the same (y)

(although when i first heard about this scene, i thought he wuz taking a shower too......i got sexcited....)

!!!brittany!!!
12-24-2005, 04:17 AM
It's actually not Adrock taking a shower...
It's something else. :rolleyes:
what happens in it then?

Lihi
12-24-2005, 09:17 AM
what happens in it then?

One of the worst sex scenes in a film, that what happens in it.

Chicka B
12-24-2005, 09:56 PM
What happened though! I never seen it. :o

Chicka B
12-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Him and his female costar had sex in the shower, in the movie.

For real huh! :eek: How was it a bad sex scene?

Chicka B
12-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Is there a such thing as a bad sex scene. :rolleyes:
It was really short and really faked.

Ohhhh, how was it fake? Sorry for all the questions, I never seen it. But even if it's bad I still want to.

Chicka B
12-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Does it show anything else? Damnit! I gotta see this. :D

Chicka B
12-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Cool, thanks. I guess I could buy it off the internet or something? :confused:

alexandra
12-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Here's the preview for it:
Lost Angels (http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=1102) Just click preview under the Lost Angels title.
seems like a fitting role for him. :D

kleptomaniac
12-29-2005, 02:15 PM
my friend calls me "chino" and i call her "natas"

she doesn't know where i got it from though! ahahaha...

:rolleyes:

talita
12-29-2005, 08:29 PM
i never saw any hotrowistszz movie
i want to see
burt i never found iun dvd
my neighborhood is so lost