PDA

View Full Version : DJ Q*Bert's Move (MashUp)

DeeJayZap
07-29-2004, 03:15 AM
DJ Q*Bert's Move (http://www.smoothflowbreakdance.com/files/DJ Q*Bert's Move.mp3)
This is a instrumenatal Mashup of Hawain Scratch Training and The Move Instrumental, done live, mashed like potatoes live.

d_rock317
07-29-2004, 03:23 AM
i didn't think that was all that tight even though it was live

Jasonik
07-29-2004, 06:04 AM
(n) (!)

DeeJayZap
07-29-2004, 06:45 AM
OK then, I'ma give up remixing. no one likes my mixes so what's the point?

one33one
07-29-2004, 10:48 AM

Don't get discouraged. Not everyone is going to like everything you do. But the point of this isn't to have everyone kiss your butt and tell you that it is great when it is not. Nor is it to put you down for no reason. Use the comments as constructive criticizm and go back and rework it. Or scrap it and start over again, if need be. Just take the comments/suggestion and use them to help step up your game. When you take your game to a higher level, you will start winning the crowd over.

Honestly, it is not terrible, but does get a bit repetitive by the end. Also, when you are dropping stuff in, some of it just does match up to the beat. It just sounds awkward at times. If you can go back and fix it up a bit, you may have something here.

DeeJayZap
07-30-2004, 02:21 AM
Don't get discouraged. Not everyone is going to like everything you do. But the point of this isn't to have everyone kiss your butt and tell you that it is great when it is not. Nor is it to put you down for no reason. Use the comments as constructive criticizm and go back and rework it. Or scrap it and start over again, if need be. Just take the comments/suggestion and use them to help step up your game. When you take your game to a higher level, you will start winning the crowd over.

Honestly, it is not terrible, but does get a bit repetitive by the end. Also, when you are dropping stuff in, some of it just does match up to the beat. It just sounds awkward at times. If you can go back and fix it up a bit, you may have something here.
ok, thanks, atleast someone told me where i was going wrong. I won't give up.

saml
07-30-2004, 03:21 AM
honestly man, stop feeling sorry for yourself. how can you seriously think that people are gonna enjoy that piece of crap?

DJ_Skrilla
07-30-2004, 04:16 AM

dont be a wittle babeeee... its not that bad

moww
07-30-2004, 03:39 PM
This is definately your best one, but you really need to stop doing this "live" thing. What do you use anyway?

DeeJayZap
07-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Tactile1200x is what i use, it's a mac program. two virtual turntables, but sometimes i make a beat using another program called garageband and mix the acapella and the beat together, and the only way to sve it is recording it while i mix em together live.

moww
07-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Oh... How do those virtual turntables sound? Have you ever thought of putting a tempoed acapella and beat together and doing some scratching on the acapella? Or would that not sound any good?

MarkedCube
08-02-2004, 10:35 PM
You shouldn't give up, just figure out what you're doing wrong.

From the 3 remixes I heard from you, I see a trend. You seem to take the original version of the track and add some scratches over it or combine it with another original track. I think it would be a lot better if you stop using the original versions of track and start out with a clean acapella. Adding more beats over the original track which already has many beats just doesn't sound right.

When I download a remix, i'm hoping to hear something different then the same beats used in the track. I want to hear something new, fresh and creative. You have the tools, Garageband comes with lots of loops from different genres. Bring in an acapella and add beats to it, be creative. If you're going to use beats from a CD you have, at least cut it up the parts you want into pieces and align them up with the acapella. Hope this helps and Good Luck on your next mix.