PDA

View Full Version : Why I dislike the new album

vcurtains
07-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Well I was listening to music on my ipod in my car and one of the new beastie's tracks came on, I changed the track immediately and realized why I dislike the new album. I like "check it out" and one other track that was released before the album, I forget it's name, but as for the rest of the album I can't stand it.

The boys have insane rhyming skills, but what I can't stand is them trying to be touchier and preachy. It just doesn't fit, the boys are close to 40, all gray haired, and looking like chemo victims. This tough guy attitude might work for younger, new audiences but I can't stand it.

The Wedge
07-29-2004, 06:47 PM
"If you don't like the news then press eject "

Brother McDuff
07-29-2004, 07:14 PM
I'd rather hear them preach about politics than hear you preach about your lame opinion.

But that's just me.

vcurtains
07-29-2004, 07:18 PM
I'd rather hear them preach about politics than hear you preach about your lame opinion.

But that's just me.

wow build a bridge and get over it

It is my opinion and I'm sure others share it too.

sea_dragon
07-29-2004, 07:19 PM
How many threads is this now, from someone bitching about the boys being 'preachy' or for having political lyrics? And again, from someone who signed up specifically to bitch about it...

jamerkley
07-29-2004, 07:56 PM
How many threads is this now, from someone bitching about the boys being 'preachy' or for having political lyrics? And again, from someone who signed up specifically to bitch about it...
Nicely Put!

Daisy
07-29-2004, 07:56 PM
That's why this is a perfect thread to move to the Frequent Post Archive!

wOOt!

:)

vcurtains
07-29-2004, 08:03 PM

I'm sorry sea dragon that you don't like my point of view, why don't not complain about me complaing and actually understand what I wrote

MaestroDenis
07-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Admittedly, after the very first listen I felt a little let down for some reason. However, it has since grown on me big time as I realize the importance of their message and also their Inexhaustible tallent for innovation and humour.

Musically, they have minimalized the sound to the bare essence of early 80s hip hop drum machine driven beats, amalgamating snippets of their previous albums as well. Lyrically, they have matured just enough I thought, some songs can appear to be border-line preachy however, never cross that line, seemingly just enought to bite the ignorant and brainwashed on their arses.

Two thumbs up from me as I await their next release, which I think will not take as long this time round.

MD

vcurtains
07-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Admittedly, after the very first listen I felt a little let down for some reason. However, it has since grown on me big time as I realize the importance of their message and also their Inexhaustible tallent for innovation and humour.

Musically, they have minimalized the sound to the bare essence of early 80s hip hop drum machine driven beats, amalgamating snippets of their previous albums as well. Lyrically, they have matured just enough I thought, some songs can appear to be border-line preachy however, never cross that line, seemingly just enought to bite the ignorant and brainwashed on their arses.

Two thumbs up from me as I await their next release, which I think will not take as long this time round.

MD

The problem is that they are not innovative enough, their music and skills aren't growing with them, intergalactic was an incredibly innovative album, it's just like the beasties to give us something we don't expect.

GreenEarthAl
07-30-2004, 03:10 AM
intergalactic was an incredibly innovative album

You can say that again. Everybody always votes for Intergalactic every time we have one of those Favorite BBs' album threads.

DJ_Skrilla
07-30-2004, 04:11 AM
And if you dont like it then hey FUCK YOU.

can we say R-E-D-U-N-D-A-N-T

Jujulilie
07-30-2004, 04:23 AM
Hi everyone,
Come on, why so much trouble about AN ALBUM?? Don't you get anything else to do?? If you don't like it, the only solution is DON T LISTEN TO IT!! It's not difficult I'm sure you can do it!!
It's too political? Go buy a Steven Seagal CD (I swear I saw this!! Wouaahaha!!!) if it's too clever for you...
You know what? I have a better solution, a radical one:
IF YOU DON T LIKE IT THEN HEY FUCK YOU!!!
Voilààààà....
Peace all over the world
Julie.

P.S: go to the movie to see the new Michael Moore movie Farenheit 9/11 ...
P.P.S: maybe not those who don't like TT5B, it might be too political for them... and everybody knows that politic is stupid and not useful and that we don't have to care about it ;) ... but politicians rule the world for us don't forget that...

carostine
07-30-2004, 07:04 AM
well,they`ve got a new fan in me!
bought my first bb cd last month,and i love it!!now i have to buy the other ones s well!

mrsgiachetti
07-30-2004, 07:32 AM
The boys have insane rhyming skills, but what I can't stand is them trying to be touchier and preachy. It just doesn't fit, the boys are close to 40, all gray haired, and looking like chemo victims.

Umm...you mean, "chemo patients." These people are generally "cancer victims" I have seen many, not many who look like them.

Average_Joe
07-30-2004, 08:52 AM
I'll be honest...i'm a HUGE fan and they could probably produce shit, and I'd still buy it and enjoy it.

Me and a couple friends are still waiting for them to have a show within about a 5-hour radius of us.

.................................................. ........................................

This is a forum, so people are going to bitch about stuff you don't agree with.

Although then again, if you don't LIKE the Beastie Boys, then maybe you should find a different forum.

one33one
07-30-2004, 11:33 AM
You can say that again. Everybody always votes for Intergalactic every time we have one of those Favorite BBs' album threads.
Intergalactic?????????? HELLO NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madizm
07-30-2004, 12:03 PM
^

He was making fun of the nutcup that called it Intergalactic.

I can't believe I'm even posting on one of these threads .. it goes against my moral fibers!!

You should be ashamed too GEA!!

vcurtains
07-30-2004, 04:46 PM
well I don't mind a message in music if it's done right. Like hello nasty had, but this is so much in your face, it's like they want their way and don't want me to think about other points of view.

The reason I'm pissed is because I've waited so long for some new beastie's and this is what I get....

Egg Man
07-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Write a freaking poem, emo.

vcurtains
07-30-2004, 07:02 PM
wow you guys are wannabe hard touch guys, losers.

Space
07-30-2004, 07:08 PM
If you are not feeling the beastieboys new cd "to the five burroughs" believe me when i say, i am!

Gabriely
07-30-2004, 07:58 PM
I loved TT5B and i´m happy cuz they donn act like 40, they make me laugh with the lyrics and the videos.my father is 40...and he is a good father...but he is not funny, not like the beasties, I cant realize he sayin something like:hey son you better listen stuck in your ass is a electrician... :D

grand_wizard8
08-03-2004, 12:08 AM
I like the album, but not as much as I like their other albums yet. It generally takes me a while to fully realize he genius behind albums. It took me fours years before I was able to appreciate Pink FLoyd, 5 for Sublime, 2 years for Hello Nasty. I think I just have to wait for a point at which I understand Music on some deeper level.
The reason that I am not yet impressed with the album, is also what impresses me about it.
I love the fact that they are taking a pure hip hop approach to this album, it is great to hear them delving head first into hip hop, it gives me a whole new feel for the Beasties. However I miss their instrumentals that not only showed me a new side of the beasties, but also a new side of music, that I hadn't really been exposed to.

Plus the instrumentals were wayyy cooler to listen to while lifted.

The egg man
08-07-2004, 04:45 AM
At first listen of tt5b, I was disappointed, Check it out is a killer track.
I've now listened to the album a good few times and there are only two tracks that I don't like, that's the advantage of a skip button on your deck...

I don't think that this album will ever be my fave B Boy album, but it still has the stuff that makes me want to listen.

Sharp lyrics, Humour and dope beats

I don't care if the guys are 40 or 60 as long as they still rhyme the rhyme well.

Man I'm 31 and I never Thought I 'd use 'Dope' in a sentence

BlimpieBluffin
08-07-2004, 01:31 PM
what track was released before the album came out?

B_Mackin'
08-13-2004, 01:49 PM
If you don't like it don't post anything on a Beastie Boy fan website. NO ONE CARES!!! (!)

-=Tezza-D=-
08-14-2004, 09:09 PM
word. it's always awesome when they switch off like that. hence why "paul's boutique" is my favorite. it makes the music that much more fun and attention-catching. the whole formula thing they've got going on is a little weak. however, that's the only thing that bothers me about the album, and it doesn't even bother me that much. i think "to the 5 boroughs" is awesome. i love the political lyrics and the beats...everything is great. except the predictability.

Do you think they don't know what they are doing? like they have done it all befor and they have picked their formula for a reason. You say it's too predictable? comon a song is supposed to build an atmosphere and their delivery has no weak holes init. What they are doing with this formula is makeing songs to the point and dense and no point in the song where there is a lull , it's constant flux within a framework. The only problem I have is with some of the brilliant songs like the bruhaha and crawlsapce and tripple trouble is that I just don't want the song to end. They could of made some 4-5-6 verse songs :P... Next album we will see the full range of their skills and this album will make a whole lot more sense to alot of ppl.

Alex C
08-16-2004, 05:25 AM
I loved TT5B and i´m happy cuz they donn act like 40, they make me laugh with the lyrics and the videos.my father is 40...and he is a good father...but he is not funny, not like the beasties, I cant realize he sayin something like:hey son you better listen stuck in your ass is a electrician... :D

Really, thats weird, my Dad has been saying that to me for years and he's 52, LOL. :D

tiny_salmon
08-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Do you think they don't know what they are doing? like they have done it all befor and they have picked their formula for a reason. You say it's too predictable? comon a song is supposed to build an atmosphere and their delivery has no weak holes init. What they are doing with this formula is makeing songs to the point and dense and no point in the song where there is a lull , it's constant flux within a framework. The only problem I have is with some of the brilliant songs like the bruhaha and crawlsapce and tripple trouble is that I just don't want the song to end. They could of made some 4-5-6 verse songs :P... Next album we will see the full range of their skills and this album will make a whole lot more sense to alot of ppl.
what the fuck? this came from another thread i posted in.

anyways, chill pal. if it wasn't for "to the five boroughs" i wouldn't be posting 'cause i didn't know the first thing about the beastie boys before it. since purchasing it, i have purchased all the other albums and know them backwards and forwards. in my opinion, "paul's boutique" is their best cd, and part of why i like it so much is the switch offs they do. after listening to that it took away from "to the five boroughs" a little, 'cause they don't do it very much on that album. but i still love it. i'm not saying it blows or anything.

i_love_adrock
08-17-2004, 01:24 PM
this cd got me hooked on the beastie boys, i bought and loved it and bought ALL there other cds...TT5B is good but i like the older stuff better...its all good. ILL COMMUNICATION is there best cd

adrock_rocks
08-17-2004, 01:43 PM
i love the new album...........its their best yet! I don't care how old they r or if they have grey hair.......its the music that counts.

beastie-girl
09-08-2004, 08:23 PM

But that's just me.

lol
true

MCAsGirl
09-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Feh. Personally, I loved every track when I first heard them. I think this CD is just as awesome as the other ones. People always get tight-assed when politics are brought up, so I've been hearing a lot of people bitch about not liking the CD for political reasons, which sounds so incredibly stupid to me that hearing it lowers my I.Q. a few points.

themikedee
09-16-2004, 06:02 AM
I couldn't disagree more. I think this album is a lot more raw and goes back to the old school rap style. Something the beastie boys helped pioneer. The beats are really put together well, and their ryming is really on time and tight.
I'm from NYC and love the fact that its a tribute album.
I also love the way they still joke around a lot, with funny samples and shit.
Its a real throwback.
Def one of their best. (y)

yetti_n_wa
09-16-2004, 06:56 AM
See...I love when people speak their minds and share their viewpoints on something important. I don't like politics either! However, if someone feels so strongly about something they should express it if they so chose. Though, I do not like when people express themselves in a way where they force or try to persuade others to think like them.

I like the fact that TT5B, is an album about expressing yourself in an open and (freedom of choice) manner. I may agree with how the Beasties go about expressing themselves and using unnecessary examples.

I am just happy with the fact they are sending more stimulating rap in the world! Though, I do and don't like hearing the politics. See it may not offend much what their views are on some things because I may agree. However, they are things I may not agree with and is put off by! So, I can see how this may come into play because I can look at it from both angles.

Honestly, I rather hear beasties talk about real life matters and issues. Then, bit$&%& and hoe$ like SNoop Dogg. He has to be the most stupid, ignorant, whorish, backwards, low on vocab ba$tard I have seen in my life.

His so pathetic, that I don't think he can even stand himself. That is why he is an anoexric bitc^. Afterall, even he calls himself a dog and a ni@@er.

hotchedder
09-16-2004, 08:25 AM
YOU SUCK

Johanna
09-16-2004, 08:27 AM
no one cares, plus there are already 100 threads about the exactsame thing...

prof. booty
09-16-2004, 08:30 AM
I think tt5b boroughs is a very solid album. But I thinnk what all of us hardcore beasties fans are missing is the mix of styles that were on their last 3 albums. Lets face it ,the boys are not the best MC ' s or musicians but when all those styles came together on one album it made them unquie and epic. But in all due respect TT5b is probably their more focused album and it's just like the beasties to switch it up when everyone was expected an album with hip hop and instrutments to do an all rap record.

yetti_n_wa
09-16-2004, 09:35 AM
I think it is important to speak your mind as long as you are not greatly offensive and inappropriate. Regardless, if they are republican, democrats, or independents, pro-this, pro-that!!! In this world you have to stand for something! Though, sometimes I get confuse as to what it is the Beasties stand for. Sometimes.....I question do they pratice what they preach?

BeastieBoy4
09-16-2004, 09:43 AM
IF U DONT LIKE THE NEWS THEN PRESS EJECT AND DEAL WITH IT. STOP COMPLAININ[QUOTE=vcurtains]

makeascene
09-16-2004, 10:40 AM
i think its funny how people are quoting tt5b to dis who ever started this..
its .. well its silly really.
but who else would be quoted here. its cute. .. its sweet..

okay yeah. enough of that. i like the new album. .. its nice. if i were to quote it as a dis.. id use.. "dont mean to bring static" except i would change "dont mean" to "no need" .. see what i did there? "no need to bring static" yeah.. okay...

and i agree that people need to stop posting the same thing over and over again.. "i hate blah blah blah" or "i think blah blah blah is hot" or "they're too political...blah blah blah" ..

and to all the people who get overly worked up about it.. big deal.. its not like ur gonna die if someone doesnt like every word on a beastie cd... lighten up. its just the interent.. its not like you're gonna throw down in a dark and dank alley way...

but who knows i could be wrong..
ash

johnny_ryall
09-16-2004, 10:45 AM
One love.

yetti_n_wa
09-17-2004, 01:34 AM
I meant in my original post that I do not like Beasties need for using unneccessary examples. I think this tactic hurts them greatly. All these dogs, sasquashes. There touching on dangerous territory...which is causing them to do what they are doing right now. Flip flop back and forth like pre=schoolers on different subject matter.

They are way to cool for that....they say that themselves!

The beasties have stayed gone too long and its seems they are using what I consider to be too many gimmicks and irrationally lame jokes to prove a point. Which most may not get. However, since living in crazyville, wa I get.

Afterall, I am starting to Hate the beasties though I was never a fan in the first place. I am just pretending to be a fan! Until this summer I couldnt have told you who they were.

Sike!

Canabian
09-17-2004, 08:16 AM
Why would you post this here?

Go join a Metallica board or something, twat :p

bgirl_jess
09-17-2004, 01:55 PM
I love TT5B

over :)

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
09-17-2004, 09:21 PM
honestley, who gives a fuck if you dont like the album? i sure as hell dont give a flying fuck. i never will either. listen to music you like, and buy those CD's...now leave us alone and continue listening to your avril lavigne CD's you little punk.
im getting to old for this shit...my chances of going to hell for tormenting little children are steadily increasing... (y)

fingerlickngirl
09-17-2004, 11:21 PM
one of my fave things about the bboys is their insane ability to rhyme about absolutely nothing and produce ridiculous innovative music ever single albumn out. BUT, I've go to say I've matured with them and I'm ready for their meaningful lyrics. Times...they are a changin' This album is solid with the message and the rhyme.

Apollo Creed
09-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Well I was listening to music on my ipod in my car and one of the new beastie's tracks came on, I changed the track immediately and realized why I dislike the new album. I like "check it out" and one other track that was released before the album, I forget it's name, but as for the rest of the album I can't stand it.

The boys have insane rhyming skills, but what I can't stand is them trying to be touchier and preachy. It just doesn't fit, the boys are close to 40, all gray haired, and looking like chemo victims. This tough guy attitude might work for younger, new audiences but I can't stand it.

Alright, let's see here. Judging by your first paragraph, you're obviously the kind of mindless tool that goes out and buys an entire album because you heard one or two singles on the radio and a small amount of hype, and then found you can't handle the rest of the music.

Also, are you saying older artists should end their careers? I guess that makes sense. I'm sure nobody wants to hear what Jimi Hendrix would have sounded like if he lived past his 20's, you mindless knob. When you're gray-haired and 40, I hope you fold up and tuck yourself quietly away so all the young people can go on and enhance the world in ways obviously superior to those of the experienced. Dumbass.

Not to mention, how can you not like trying to be "touchier and preachy" and simultaneously say that "this tough guy attitude" isn't working, you condradictive piece of shit? Typically, 'tough guys' aren't 'touchy and preachy' at the same time. Witless jackass.

I'm sorry sea dragon that you don't like my point of view, why don't not complain about me complaing and actually understand what I wrote

It's difficult to understand your point of view when we can't see through all the bullshit. And the fact that your opinions aren't based on a fact or anything of value when you say that the album "Intergalactic" was innovative. How the fuck can we take you seriously when YOU don't even know what you're talking about?

Just do us all a favor, you waste of space and energy, and go play hot potato with a live hand grenade all by yourself.

danimal11
09-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Thank you for straightening that out. If people don't won't to hear hip hop with intellegence go out and pick up G-Unit. The Beasties are older now and thankfully they've matured, become funnier and more involved. If them speaking out and getting involved turns off some fans, then so be it. I wish more in the industry would take a page from their book.

lil richard
09-18-2004, 08:19 PM
hopefully they will make new good type of songs on thier next album. (y)

Grasshopper
09-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Alright, let's see here. Judging by your first paragraph, you're obviously the kind of mindless tool that goes out and buys an entire album because you heard one or two singles on the radio and a small amount of hype, and then found you can't handle the rest of the music.

Also, are you saying older artists should end their careers? I guess that makes sense. I'm sure nobody wants to hear what Jimi Hendrix would have sounded like if he lived past his 20's, you mindless knob. When you're gray-haired and 40, I hope you fold up and tuck yourself quietly away so all the young people can go on and enhance the world in ways obviously superior to those of the experienced. Dumbass.

Not to mention, how can you not like trying to be "touchier and preachy" and simultaneously say that "this tough guy attitude" isn't working, you condradictive piece of shit? Typically, 'tough guys' aren't 'touchy and preachy' at the same time. Witless jackass.

It's difficult to understand your point of view when we can't see through all the bullshit. And the fact that your opinions aren't based on a fact or anything of value when you say that the album "Intergalactic" was innovative. How the fuck can we take you seriously when YOU don't even know what you're talking about?

Just do us all a favor, you waste of space and energy, and go play hot potato with a live hand grenade all by yourself.

wow, man you got some real hostility issues. Good choice for the user name.

Are you a music critic? You seem to know everything from opinions to facts, and genres to styles of music. I must say, I am truly impressed.

Maybe you should try writing for the All Media Guide. I think they are looking for people. :p

Personally, I love the new album. I think its much better than Hello Nasty. The lyrics on this album are fresh, and I like the political direction they have decided to go.
But, I see how some fans might feel that BBoys have not done much in terms of 'new ground' sonically speaking -- whatever that may be...

beastie_dee
09-19-2004, 06:17 PM
shut up.
noone cares why u dislike the album.
now go away

:)

Apollo Creed
09-19-2004, 07:53 PM
wow, man you got some real hostility issues. Good choice for the user name.

I don't have hostility issues, some people just have stupidity issues:p

By the way, my first user name choice was Clubber Lang, but someone already took it. Ah well. Apollo's got better moves anyway.

sea_dragon
09-23-2004, 06:38 PM
no one cares, plus there are already 100 threads about the exactsame thing...

Exactly, that is why I complained about this thread - not that he didn't like the album (whatevah!), but that he signed up and his first post is a new thread rehashing 100 other threads... Can't you people read:
"Frequent Post Archive
Frequently discussed topics. If you're a new member this is a great place to start."

Although I do find it really weird that someone goes to all the effort of coming to the website and creating an account just to bitch. Pretty trollish behavior IMO...

IceGargoylle
09-24-2004, 05:25 PM
song 6 is the only one worth listening to.

Love And Theft
09-24-2004, 06:24 PM
I'm drooling right now just thinking about To The 5 Boroughs.

bboykid
09-24-2004, 07:41 PM
im sorry to say but the cd rocks

BeastieBoyLuver
09-26-2004, 08:23 PM
TT5B does rock...and if you don't like it, then hey, fuck you!...haha...maby ppl are just too dumb to understand the album and it's lyrics...that's why they hate it...because it's music that'll actually make you think! if TT5B is too hard for your little brains to handle... you should go check out a britney spears or n'sync cd or something that's at your intelligence levels....whatever...quit bitching stupids....peace out!!

Triv
09-28-2004, 05:55 PM
ive heard the album afew times at college and to tell u the truth i love it

still cant beileve there like 40 tho....... pure greatness :cool:

jdawg77
10-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Hello all, new poster here. As they say, long time listener first time caller. Just wanted to say I love the new album and the interview here on the site is funny.

The New York Times had a "critics notebook" in it Monday, October 11th. The critic compares LL Cool J and The Beastie Boys recent concerts in New York. Kelefa Sanneh(the critic): "the album also includes some of the worst Beastie Boys songs so far, and it was responsible for most of Saturday's low points" also referred to "Right Right Now Now" as "a hackneyed, flat-footed protest rap" He goes on to say how they praised the DJ instead of themselves and they shouldn't have...blah blah and Beastie Boys no longer attract women. Just wondering if anyone read the article and what you thought about it.

P.S. So hoping to catch the Michigan show on the 5th of November ;)

wavin_goodbye
10-12-2004, 08:17 PM
qu'est que c'est le brouhaha-ha?

jdawg77
10-12-2004, 08:28 PM
wasn't sure where to post it just wanted to speak :p

sheezymyneezy88
10-12-2004, 08:34 PM
maby ppl are just too dumb to understand the album and it's lyrics...that's why they hate it...because it's music that'll actually make you think! if TT5B is too hard for your little brains to handle... you should go check out a britney spears or n'sync cd or something that's at your intelligence levels....whatever...quit bitching stupids....peace out!!

i hat stuped peaple

Candice
10-13-2004, 10:18 PM
How can you not like it?? Listen up stupid heads, Its all about us...for real...4 u 4u 4u 4u 4u 4u!
As for not attracting women...maybe not 14 yr olds...rolleyes: they just get sexier and sexier

Elusive
10-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Well I was listening to music on my ipod in my car and one of the new beastie's tracks came on, .

ok the word is out ladies this man has an mp3 player and a car.

he is ready for adventure, ipod style!

EF shhhh Hutton
10-21-2004, 07:39 PM
ive heard the album afew times at college and to tell u the truth i love it

still cant beileve there like 40 tho....... pure greatness :cool:

I'm 35 and suffering from male pattern baldness...we're still young and at least the BB's still have their hair. I look like Clint "Friggin" Howard.

EF shhhh Hutton
10-21-2004, 08:19 PM
That is deeply disturbing...

why, I'm rather attractive...

FunkyBoss
01-16-2005, 02:40 AM
In reply to this thread, i wanna say firsty that i really like TT5B. However, the songs become a little repititous at times apart from a few stand out songs like Triple Trouble and the Brouhaha. Every song has a drum beat usually around the same tempo, very clean, crisp ryhming, great lyrics but the album overall is a little flat. Compared to Hello Nasty, the music is a little boring, nothing out of the blew, nothing stupid or funny. A more sensible record. Despite this, the album is great to listen to in the car i think, phat beats and tight ryhmes.

Lindsey_1535
01-16-2005, 02:42 AM
you suck booursn there are a millon thread liek this get a new jod dude

FunkyBoss
01-16-2005, 02:48 AM
See...I love when people speak their minds and share their viewpoints on something important. I don't like politics either! However, if someone feels so strongly about something they should express it if they so chose. Though, I do not like when people express themselves in a way where they force or try to persuade others to think like them.

I like the fact that TT5B, is an album about expressing yourself in an open and (freedom of choice) manner. I may agree with how the Beasties go about expressing themselves and using unnecessary examples.

I am just happy with the fact they are sending more stimulating rap in the world! Though, I do and don't like hearing the politics. See it may not offend much what their views are on some things because I may agree. However, they are things I may not agree with and is put off by! So, I can see how this may come into play because I can look at it from both angles.

Honestly, I rather hear beasties talk about real life matters and issues. Then, bit$&%& and hoe$ like SNoop Dogg. He has to be the most stupid, ignorant, whorish, backwards, low on vocab ba$tard I have seen in my life.

His so pathetic, that I don't think he can even stand himself. That is why he is an anoexric bitc^. Afterall, even he calls himself a dog and a ni@@er.

Firstly get a day job. You talk to much about shit, get a Job on 4 corners or something. You make a good point about snoop dog and you made me laugh.

adis
02-06-2005, 09:31 PM
At first, I didn't love it, but now I see the light.

Best fucking album EVERR !!! Especially for the time it came out in.. come on how can you not see it !?

coupedeville
02-07-2005, 06:12 AM

You get the gold star for lamest cliche with that bridge shit kid.

Also that chemo comment was a low blow, just cause they do yoga
and are gray haired you wanna break bad on their appearances.
Wait 'til your half dead ass is all growed up and 40. You might end up
looking kinda haggard.

You're right though, you are entitled to your opinion. Just like I am.

I dig the Beasties getting up and saying something with gravity.
fuck all this played out bullshit people are rapping about these days.
I will always listen to them because of their unique blend of pure emcee
style, political commentary, crowd hyping, throwback rhyme style and
the fact that their relationship has never strained and the result is dope
album after dope album.

My beef with To The Five Boroughs is the production, the switch from
Caldato's production technique to more computer based work with Duro
is very inorganic and a huge split from their trademark sound from '98 and
earlier. 6 years was way too long to wait and the new album was an instant
classic, but I'd like to see a return to that style I described.

In regards to the quote in the Times from Kelefa Sanneh, that dude
should be blacklisted from rap reviews, he both talks and writes about it in a
very out-of-touch, mechanical manner, and never strikes me as a hip
hop fan.

Van_Gig
02-07-2005, 08:58 AM
guys , take a chill pill
i cant understand why people come this boards and say over and over again ohhh im such a huuuuuuuuge fan and i love them so much but the new album sucks and they are old men now
why do you guys come here and diss them if they are really your fav band
damn that is so annoying

instigator7022
02-07-2005, 09:49 AM
For basically any beastie boys album you have to be in a certain mood to listen to them. For example right aobut now and for the past few days i have been in the mood to listen to ill communications last week i felt like TT5B. Its all a matter of what era you are feeling

wizzy wiz
02-07-2005, 10:38 AM
My beef with To The Five Boroughs is the production, the switch from
Caldato's production technique to more computer based work with Duro
is very inorganic and a huge split from their trademark sound from '98 and
earlier. 6 years was way too long to wait and the new album was an instant
classic, but I'd like to see a return to that style I described.

i agree... i sat down the other day and listened to hello nasty from begin to fin and it made me wish that mario c was at the boards to filter the great concepts of 5 buroughs. the production on 5 has a lifeless feel to it. the boys live show is stronger than ever, and mike d comes with some wicked rhymes but the new record is only okay, in my opinion. oh yeah... where was the BIZ!!!

Bronx
02-07-2005, 11:23 AM
yeh, im not much into the new album hey they could put a little punk in it also (lb)

graditude
02-08-2005, 09:48 PM
i don't agree with you, but i do like their old stuff better

Leonie
02-19-2005, 08:28 AM
(y) I LOVE TT5B (y)
:D

BeastieBoy427
02-19-2005, 08:59 AM

yeah it may be your opinion but it sucks

BeastieBoy427
02-19-2005, 09:03 AM
guys , take a chill pill
i cant understand why people come this boards and say over and over again ohhh im such a huuuuuuuuge fan and i love them so much but the new album sucks and they are old men now
why do you guys come here and diss them if they are really your fav band
damn that is so annoying
i know you've gotta hate those people

Leonie
02-19-2005, 12:26 PM
It's not mine fav.. I love check your head more.. as far as I heard the albums

BoShek
03-18-2005, 04:53 AM
If you don't like it don't post anything on a Beastie Boy fan website. NO ONE CARES!!! (!)

now thats jus plain unfair. The whole point of a message board is for people to post their views and opinions on stuff and discuss it with everyone else, Not to give a fair opinion and have everyone who doesnt think that way bicker and squable like school kids. this has happened on every board ive ever bin a meber of, and theres always been a post like this, reminding people what a board is and that other peoples opinions count even if u dont share the same view...but hold up...if i dont like it then dont post here, correct?

:rolleyes:

utze
03-18-2005, 05:00 AM
well,they`ve got a new fan in me!
bought my first bb cd last month,and i love it!!now i have to buy the other ones s well!

Harhar (y)
I started listen to them with their 1st. Album. And the boys grow´n grow!

first i was a bit....errrrmm...errrmm... confused about the new album. then i listened again..and again... and WHOOHOOO it´s geddin´better and better than more you listen to it..

it´s an awsome one.

you don´t like it? push the button - in this case - EJECT!!! OR "SELFDESTROY THE WOOOOOFAAA!" (!)

carl
03-18-2005, 07:00 AM
Personally, I think TT5B is a gorgeous album. Sure, It's not the Beastie Boys' best ever offering (Paul's Boutique is actually the greatest album of all time), but refreshing and funky nonetheless. My only gripe with TT5B is that it's way too short. Each time the record ends, I'm so hyped up for more. Another 15 minutes would have done me nicely.

utze
03-18-2005, 08:27 AM
(Paul's Boutique is actually the greatest album of all time)
(y) (y)

Junker
03-18-2005, 09:03 AM
[QUOTE=carl] (Paul's Boutique is actually the greatest album of all timeQUOTE]

Thats for sure.

boys_beastie
05-13-2005, 03:29 AM
i like TTFB alot cause i live in the UK and bought it when i was in manhattan on holiday so all i had was my discman and ttfb and it was ace.

woulda been cool to have a few instrumentals in there, though thinking about it im not sure if it would have blended very well with the rest of the songs.

dont know why. anyway- PEACE!

WEllS

SILVERBEASTIE
05-17-2005, 04:18 AM
For basically any beastie boys album you have to be in a certain mood to listen to them. For example right aobut now and for the past few days i have been in the mood to listen to ill communications last week i felt like TT5B. Its all a matter of what era you are feeling

This quote really hit the nail on the head! A1

the_last_b_boy
06-16-2005, 08:36 AM
maaaaaaaad MC's kick the government's testicle's
the govnt defly needs a tune up, they just making it clear
they might be gettin old,...but it doesnt show, and MCA's had gray hair since he was like 12 so who cares

the albums exist on some kind of parabola
if this is the last and u only count the basic albums
license to iLL and TT5B....all rappin tracks
paul's boutique and hello nasty, far too complex to ever be appreciated and similar with mass amounts of variation
iLL Comm. and Check your head, 20 tracks each instrumentals and raw funk beats
i dont know but i always noticed this strange pattern

ericg
06-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanx lastbb for taking the minute. (y)

I can appreciate it. And who knew you were going to trig out trigonometry...

For those who may not know, I took the liberty of looking it up. A parabola is the curve formed by the edges of a plane when cutting through a right circular cone at an angle parallel to one of it's sides... Or latin for just, placing side by side. In any case it's straight up and flipped it's ready to spin.

It's all just so fantasticly lovely.

"... and so strange But it was empty until you came..."

:D

Ok let's take it from here.

PS Who in the hell is ever going go to figure the new title out? Degeneration X can't even figure out Y. I might as well ask them to figure out the theory of relativity in the meantime, or in realtime, or even in good time.

icy manipulator
06-17-2005, 06:40 AM
it's good, but the worst of their albums

FearandLoathing
10-31-2005, 01:03 AM
Aside from some cool posts that paint a positive picture of the album, what this thread did for me was force me to consider how lousy the education system- in English-speaking countries, at least- must be. Not because people can't spell or use grammar correctly, but because people from English-speaking countries can't develop or express a coherent thought in their (presumably) first language.

parker1
11-01-2005, 05:37 PM
i have been a beastie fan for MANY years and i was very disappointed with the new album--- i didnt like the serious and political talk--- and you cant dare say that i am not a fan or i am not maturing with them because the reason we are all still listening and we are all still fans is because we dont want to mature-- we aren't going to throw in the towell like everyone else-- so i say f#*% all the political junk, we want to hear what we have grown up listening to---- dead, pure, off the wall b-boy style--- its the new style ya know

miss pie
11-11-2005, 08:56 PM
don't be silly,to the 5 boroughs is the best...it's inspired me to visit New York.

kleptomaniac
12-23-2005, 08:29 PM
i love this cd!!! (!)

most people prolly just like their old stuff better...i do too, but i most definitely do not hate TT5B :cool:

SHAZAM!

steve-onpoint
05-15-2006, 11:48 AM
This gem of an album was originally titled To The Five Burros since some of it was recorded near the Grand Canyon.

Did you know that donkeys can work for as many as 30 years? Look it up! (y) (y)

natalieuk
05-18-2006, 04:08 AM
i like your style!

TimDoolan
06-01-2006, 07:06 PM
it was a little skimpy on orchestration.

BboysVsBush
06-06-2006, 02:26 PM

There are so few artists that have any DESCENT personal politics, so it's very refreshing to have an artist actually write lyrics about something that MATTERS. Good for the BBoys, for sticking to their princicples, rather than writing about other things that might have helped them sell a few more albums. We need MORE artists, not LESS, that speak out against war and oppression!

Kudos to the BBoys.

Bopadopalous
06-20-2006, 09:17 PM
If the b-boys didn't change their sound from one album to the next, they'd be the Rolling Stones or Bruce Springsteen.

You can tell that the boys are passionate about the music they make. You can hear it on every album, every ep, and every b-side. They love what they do. Thats because they are never stagnant. They make the music that they are passionate about when. If they tried to record license to ill everytime, they would have been a gimmick. Instead they are one of the most consistently innovative groups ever.

As artists, change should not only be expected, but it should be encouraged. If you don't like it, put it away and fire up a favorite.

Lyman Zerga
06-24-2006, 08:51 AM
tt5b doesnt suck me into the beastie world like their other albums, it's kinda cold and flat

still better than all eminem albums together
not that i own any!

Friis gal
06-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah, TT5B is a good album.

I personally haven't heard it...

what?

ggirlballa
06-24-2006, 04:00 PM
to me tt5b is too slow it needs to be more upbeat(y) all the songs were slow except ch-check it out

Friis gal
06-24-2006, 04:04 PM
I haven't heard the whole album, I'm going by what I've heard. I downloaded some songs off of limewire and they were good. Should have made myself more clear.
ahh I see, go buy it! :)

Friis gal
06-24-2006, 04:20 PM
good idea, but July is far away ;)

wrongwayandugg
06-25-2006, 10:50 AM
good idea, but July is far away ;)

july is but moments away.

nightmare3215
07-08-2006, 02:10 AM
I don't like TTFB, buts thats only because I don't care too much for how basic it sounds. If you listen to hello nasty, you notice how much shit they jammed on that album and your jaw drops (or at least it should). All that production and detail is what I expected on ttfb, but what I got was straightup hiphop with mediocre beats and a very few layers. I liked hello nasty because the music behind the lyrics were just as good as the beasties themselves. ttfb isn't bad (ch-check it out kicks ass), but its definately not as badass as it shouldve been considering how long i waited for it to come out.

manwich
05-20-2016, 01:09 PM
the boys are close to 40, all gray haired, and looking like chemo victims.

Kind of spooky reading this quote today and thinking about MCA. Haven't been on the boards in a while and was just digging around.

Randetica
08-30-2016, 06:30 PM

lol

Myu-to
09-02-2016, 06:41 PM
I vote for Intergalactic.

Wait, what's the question?

camo
09-07-2016, 04:36 AM
I vote for Intergalactic.

Wait, what's the question?

What rhymes with anticlimactic.

ericg
01-24-2020, 09:55 AM