PDA

View Full Version : fuck ticketmaster

rideiota
08-01-2004, 01:55 AM
so here is the deal. I bought 2 tickets for the beasties in SF I ended up paying 107 dollars for two tickets. how you ask? 8 dollars extra per ticket for "convience charge" and then a 4 dollar transaction fee. The big charge was for shipping out my ticket. They had standard mail which was free or they had UPS. I live in Minnesota right now but I'm moving out to SF for college ans with the standard mail they say its not insured (spelt wrong) and it can show up till 48 hours before the show. So i ended up getting the standard cheapest UPS shipping which was 15 dollars. I know its not the Beastie fault but can someone with some power on this board please look into these way unfair charges that us concertgoers are being charged. Clear Channel and Ticketmaster are such buddy buddies. I dont know. All i have to say is lets hope our congressmen and women realize this monolopy that is happening with our ticketing industry and with our media (clear channel)

rideiota
08-01-2004, 02:00 AM

tpk
08-01-2004, 02:02 AM
well, we can't really do anything about ticketmaster's way of handling shipping for tickets, nor can we do anything about their extra charges. that sounds really unfortunate for you, though ticketmaster is the one to blame.

tpk
08-01-2004, 02:08 AM
All i have to say is lets hope our congressmen and women realize this monolopy that is happening with our ticketing industry and with our media (clear channel)i agree on that (y)

rideiota
08-01-2004, 02:12 AM
thanks tpk.

tpk
08-01-2004, 02:15 AM
try contacting them about it though.

tpk
08-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Buy 1 extra ticket and sell it on ebay for $180.yeah word.

Mungster
08-01-2004, 09:24 AM
I stopped paying for shipping a long time ago. Unless you live somewhere that doesn't have a tickmaster, which is unlikely, just select the button to go pick the tickets up at at ticketcentre location. The charge is minimal, only a couple of dollars.

The only downside is that you usually have to wait two full business days before you can pick the tickets up. If you are waiting on shipping, however, it really doesn't matter.

Now, I am in agreeance with the "convenience charge." WTF is that? I do all the work myself, on my computer, and you want to charge me an extra $10 for convenience? FUCK YOU!!!!!

Holz
08-01-2004, 05:35 PM
i always select "standard mail" and have never had my tix lost in the mail. actually, i just got my e-mail that my beasties tix have been printed and will be sent out. there's never been a case where i got any tix a couple days before a show... i always have them way before. i agree, the extra charges are BS, but we really can't do anything about it. :rolleyes:

rideiota
08-01-2004, 08:18 PM
we can do something about it. Lets call our congressmen and women and tell them whats going on. Fuck it lets start an ad company against ticketmaster. I dont know, something has to be done.

wavin_goodbye
08-01-2004, 10:23 PM
its been done..

read about pearl jam vs ticketmaster

tpk
08-01-2004, 10:36 PM
its been done..

read about pearl jam vs ticketmasterwas just about to say that. didn't turn out too good.

valvano
08-02-2004, 07:43 AM
funny thing,

according to most beastie boys fans, we are not taxed enough but we pay too much for ticket master fees???????

:D