PDA

View Full Version : The Beastie Boys MTV Special

Arwen
08-01-2004, 10:41 AM
this was on june 15th and i missed it, dammit :mad: anyways found some wire images of them
wished i've seen it, dammit
http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====66201&nbc1=1

bbf922
08-05-2004, 04:04 PM
DAMN! Those pictures made me so sad because I also missed that special. What was I thinking?!!

computer_action
08-06-2004, 12:04 AM
They're going to air it again on Saturday at 2 AM on MTV2. Beastie Boys: Live to The 5 Boroughs or something like that, that's where the pictures are from right or no?

That's ET by the way.

beastiegirl14
08-06-2004, 12:08 AM
ohh!! nice. um, has anyone seen the 2$bill concert?

computer_action
08-06-2004, 12:36 AM
ohh!! nice. um, has anyone seen the 2$bill concert?

Yeah, they aired it on Thursday again. I'm sure they'll air it again. MTV2 does that a lot.

grand_wizard8
08-06-2004, 01:56 AM
I wish MTV didn't suck, then I wouldn't miss these fleeting moments of golden grace that they can pump out.

shagstlm
08-07-2004, 01:51 AM
I was really disappointed with that MTV Special. I thought the B-Boys were awsome on it and their performances were really good but it was way too short. They had this contest that the host, whoever he was, pushed throught the whole way, barely giving any of them a chance to answer the question before the next was answered. It just felt like this guy didn't really know them and only liked the beasties for songs like "girls"...you know the type I mean...that think their only and best album was LtI. I mean he seemed sincere enough but it just felt way too rushed and they tried to cram too much shit in 20 minutes (taking out time for commercials). The $2 bill show...that i didnt get in to...but watched later on MTV was really good though. I always liked stuff like that with the beasties.

Arwen
08-07-2004, 08:12 AM
They're going to air it again on Saturday at 2 AM on MTV2. Beastie Boys: Live to The 5 Boroughs or something like that, that's where the pictures are from right or no?

That's ET by the way.

well i don't have mtv2, sucks for me :(

Arwen
08-07-2004, 08:14 AM
DAMN! Those pictures made me so sad because I also missed that special. What was I thinking?!!

omg i know, i was sooo pissed when i heard about the special tt5b thing aired :( why doen't mtv actually have promos of it so we know??? :mad:

liberty_a320
08-09-2004, 01:24 AM
I was really disappointed with that MTV Special. I thought the B-Boys were awsome on it and their performances were really good but it was way too short. They had this contest that the host, whoever he was, pushed throught the whole way, barely giving any of them a chance to answer the question before the next was answered. It just felt like this guy didn't really know them and only liked the beasties for songs like "girls"...you know the type I mean...that think their only and best album was LtI. I mean he seemed sincere enough but it just felt way too rushed and they tried to cram too much shit in 20 minutes (taking out time for commercials). The $2 bill show...that i didnt get in to...but watched later on MTV was really good though. I always liked stuff like that with the beasties.

Actually, Jim Shearer (the host of both the Live to the 5 Boroughs special and the 2$Bill concert) seems to be a big fan of the Beasties and said "So What'cha Want" "changed his life" during the special. I just thought he was irritating because he seemed too enthusiastic of a fan. And as for the "rushed" thing... that's how live TV (at least, live-to-tape TV) works.

But for all y'all bummed out about missing the special, I've seen it on the Direct Connect Hub. Search the General Beastie Boys forum for it. I'm sure someone on there has it for download.