PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd effort - Shake Your Rump

freshfish
08-02-2004, 12:03 AM
hey all, again. I appreciate all of the cool comments and feedback from my first remix. here's something new that I put together last night, using the same tools as before (Sound Forge and a few various samples). this is a true disco remix, using a classic of all classics as a background beat. :D I figure you're either gonna totally hate it, or absolutely love it..one or the other. anyhow, have fun with it!

Beastie Boys - Shake Your Rump (FreshFish's Discoteca Remix) (http://www.59fish.com/files/freshfish2.zip)

Spanishbomb808
08-02-2004, 12:30 AM
Utterly, totally freakin' cliché.

But it works. It works well. Very well :)

You sir, have talent. Or astronomically overpriced supertools. Nevertheless, this is very diggable. I suggest you keep on truckin'.

But still, this doesn't compare to the sheer thrill of your first composition. As Lando Griffin once graphittied "The Thompson Twins Rule".

Lady Aphex
08-02-2004, 01:39 AM
I LOVE IT!

But seriously, great stuff, I have it saved with my Soulwax shit.

I'm tempted to try this program out...

Vladimir
08-02-2004, 09:32 AM
That's a sweet mix dude. My only suggestion/request is that you stop zipping your mp3s. The .zip is only 18 kb less than the mp3. Otherwise, great mix. (y) (y)

one33one
08-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Utterly, totally freakin' cliché.

But it works. It works well. Very well :)

I second that motion.

MarkedCube
08-06-2004, 09:57 PM
I'm starting to like these remixes the uses audio from other tracks into a acapella, as long as they're put together right like this one. ;)

freshfish
08-06-2004, 10:54 PM
glad to hear all the feedback. :rolleyes: I'll have something new coming along real soon. stay tuned..

Speedygee
08-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Well done! I like it very much. Keep on good work!

mcaismyhero
08-07-2004, 03:19 PM
hey all, again. I appreciate all of the cool comments and feedback from my first remix. here's something new that I put together last night, using the same tools as before (Sound Forge and a few various samples). this is a true disco remix, using a classic of all classics as a background beat. :D I figure you're either gonna totally hate it, or absolutely love it..one or the other. anyhow, have fun with it!

Beastie Boys - Shake Your Rump (FreshFish's Discoteca Remix) (http://www.59fish.com/files/freshfish2.zip)

Not bad dude (y)

nucchi23
08-08-2004, 08:16 PM
lets see........excellent excellent excellent, did i say excellent, u rock man, keep em coming.

Cleetis
08-10-2004, 01:17 PM
You've got some pretty mad skillz my friend. Love them....keep them coming!

Elusive
08-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Sound Forge is the SHIT...I was using that in 1997 to make my first loops.....I had a re mix of "Alive" by Beatsie boys that I wasn't done with but I could tell had a serious chance of winning the re-mix contest....I made it with fruity loops, Soundforge, and acid (all demo versions execpt s-forge)
man, I made it on my roomates computer cause I didn't have one and sure enough we got evicted had a falling out and I never saw it again...all I have is a tape of it recorded way to low...(((sadness))) the beasties will never have another contest like that!! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
oh well.....thats just how it is.. so much stuff you do if you be doin music gets lost, stolen,destroyed, accidentally fucked up, bitten by some asshole, man, its a battlefeild out there, that is recording stuff....for me at least....
I noticed someone was called lady aphex on this string..
man, Richard D James is a gifted mofo.....I wonder do you have any of his rare-er stuff? I had an analouge Bubblebath, but of course its missing...yea I have had bad luck with keeping track of music, but oh well, it there to share
Also, have you seen the video for donkey ruhbarb or however you spell rubahrb>? that is the funniest video I think ever maybe....and man, well I'll shut up about aphex twin now...he should re mix a b boys song (he he har har)
well I'll really shut up now and check this mix out...

demonpiggy
08-11-2004, 10:24 AM
Stayin alive beyoh lol :D

p3ibol
08-11-2004, 04:30 PM
It´s very creative!
:)

and it sounds very coordinated too

Long live the 80s!!