PDA

View Full Version : Best Beastie concert?

saml
08-03-2004, 05:50 AM
Just wondering what you guys count as the best Beastie concert ever. I'd say the one in Glasgow '99.

Rayzie
08-03-2004, 06:31 AM
No - a much better and more intimate gig was June 92 at Barrowlands - Glasgow. (Check Your Head Tour)
The Boys played a double header with The Rollins Band and were on first.
The B-Boys tore the roof of the sucka and then stayed back to sign autographs - what a night.
I still have my autographed ticket (Yauch , Mike, Adam, Hurricane, Mario & Money Mark ) to this day.
They returned to the Barrowlands a couple of years later (Ill Communication) and that was a blast - but not as good as '92. :)

timmie
08-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Best Beastie gig...mmm......well I've been to a few, but the Best one must of been when I won tickets off radio one (UK radio station), to there exclusive gig at the ICA in London, (just down the road from buckingham palace)...It was for only about 200 invited guests and ticket winners only so it was very intimate.....
I was the very first to see Ch-check it out, Triple Touble and Right,Right Now, Now!!! live....I even shock hands with MCA & Ad-Rock and even on the video footage on Yahoo!!!...They were only on stage for about 45/50 mins, but what a night and performance to remember!!!

I took my girlfriend (well she's been to a few as well) and she loves them....Even when Ad-Rock shock her hand...she always says "He is so lovely" Oh he's so cute I want to put him in my pocket and take him home with me!! (does that make you girls jealous??).....

So the answer is ICA in London....

Parkey
08-03-2004, 10:34 AM
It's a tie between the ICA in London this year and Brixton Academy in 1998. Both quality! (y)

turtleboy204
08-03-2004, 11:11 AM
2004 y100 feztival in camden nj, mainly cause its the only one i've been to. i heard the 9:30 club show was good.

hpdrifter
08-03-2004, 11:25 AM
I've never been to a Beastie show so I am hoping the one on 9/19 will be hot.

mcamuto
08-03-2004, 11:32 AM
sickest show ever, I really don't care what anyone says on this board to doubt me, was madison square garden may, 1995 period .

It was bar none the sickest show ever! Even the boys themselves (in the
tour blog that time) said it was their best show ever..

Sick set (clocked in at almost 1 hour 50 minutes.. longer then the usual 90
miute sets).. in nyc.. sick crowd.. no sleep till brooklyn.. i thougth the
rafters were going to blow off.. flavor flav intro..

To this day it is still my favorite concert ever of any band ever and I have
seen the beasties 9 times as well and it probably will never be topped..

And the fact that there seems to be no live recordings of it make it
even more elusive..

CHECKHEAD2004
08-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Personally, my fav, best time was Lollapalooza 94....in RI

Holz
08-03-2004, 05:23 PM
my favorite is the first time i ever saw them.... check your head tour, may 1992. they played bogart's, which is this tiny club in cincinnati, ohio. off the hook!

DandyFop
08-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Well I've seen them twice - the JMJ tribute show and the recent $2 Bill show.

I'll go with JMJ because it was my first time seeing them and it was fucking incredible. I'm very sad to have missed out on a show where they play their instruments but what can you do?

Those shows were amazing. It was so small and intimate and I was able to get recordings of both. What more could one ask for?

b-grrrlie
08-04-2004, 07:09 AM
I've seen the Beasties 13 times around the Europe and must say that Glasgow '95 might be the tops!

Beetlebum
08-04-2004, 08:14 AM
The best concert for me was my first in Manchester England way back in 1992.It was a triple bill with Henry Rollins and Pops Cool Love.This gig is listed as been in Manchester Acacemy but switched venues due to poor ticket sales.It was unreal to see them performing to such a small crowd.Id love to hear from anyone who was at the gig as there was honestly no more than 100 people in attendance.Does this hold the record for lowest crowd,it cant be far off?(The Beasties were a spent force to the British public and no one had heard of Pauls Boutique).The great thing was been on the front row and meeting the boys after.Since then seen them at London Astoria,Reading Festival and Birmingham NEC.Come back now lads.