PDA

View Full Version : B-Boys Coming to Vancouver! Woot!

Spock
08-03-2004, 06:47 PM
September 20th! The first Canadian city on the tour!

Vegan Warrior
08-03-2004, 06:59 PM
STOKED!!
What's the venue like? Is it all seating?? I'm VERY short...

I'm wondering if I should skip the $55 ticket for the floor and sit in the $35 bleachers instead. I'll probably be able to see better. What do you think? I've never been there before...

Lady Aphex
08-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I'm so broke, but I must go, I MUST!

The Coliseum is an older building so all the sightlines aren't the greatest, but it's a much more comfortable enviroment then the newer venues what with their security and all the attemps to sell you crap.

That's just my opinion tho.

Vegan Warrior
08-03-2004, 07:27 PM
So is it standing on the floor and seating on the side like most large venues??

I'm broke as shit as well.... but I'm going anyway!
I just want to be able to see. :)

Lady Aphex
08-03-2004, 07:33 PM
So is it standing on the floor and seating on the side like most large venues??

I would assume so, but it depends on what the stage set up is like.

Ooh, I'm so excited, I'm going to go alone, I always have a better time at shows if I go alone. Haha, I saw Steve-O's tour, from Jackass, in December alone, it was so rad.

*nods*

balohna
08-03-2004, 09:18 PM
I've been there lots of times for different things... never major events though. It isn't a huge place but it holds a lot of people, so you're never that far away. I'll be on the floor though, I'll come early and try to get up to the front.

Lady Aphex
08-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I've lived in downtown Vancouver for almost five years now (I grew up in the 'burbs) I love it here. Lots of different people and cultures, beautiful views and plenty of things to do.

Then above all, the two things we are most famous for, the bud and the rain, I like the rain, I don't think it rains enough, this is a temperate rainforest damnit!

Briklin
08-04-2004, 08:07 PM
I saw their last show there "in the round". The rotating, circular stage was rad. I think 9000 people showed up for the last one, so i dont imagine this one will be anything close to a sell-out.

balohna
08-04-2004, 11:04 PM
I kinda hope it isn't too crowded so I can get a good view without having to push past everyone or be pushed by anyone.

Sh1n5
08-05-2004, 01:09 PM
I'm coming down from Edmonton and purchased my Gen admin floor seats from the presale today. I don't think the view will be a problem for me as I'm 6'3".

balohna
08-05-2004, 01:12 PM
wouldn't that be a bitch if they stopped in Edmonton too? i guess seeing two shows is cool, but you could have avoided the travelling.

Rhymin&Stealin
08-05-2004, 01:15 PM
...at least u guys have your tickets. im a member of the board AND the newsletter and i still havent received the password yet :mad:

i NEED to go to this concert!

litmus
08-05-2004, 01:15 PM
So, I signed up for the newsletter, but I haven't received a password for the presale. I know the passwords aren't to be revealed in here, but how am I supposed to get it?

Rhymin&Stealin
08-05-2004, 01:30 PM
im at the ticketmaster website and cant seem to find floor seats...are they sold out already??

Sh1n5
08-05-2004, 02:54 PM
wouldn't that be a bitch if they stopped in Edmonton too? i guess seeing two shows is cool, but you could have avoided the travelling.

That would just be a bonus as it's always nice to get out of Deadmonton.

Sh1n5
08-05-2004, 02:56 PM
im at the ticketmaster website and cant seem to find floor seats...are they sold out already??

Limited floor seats are released for presale. Your best option is to purchase them online Saturday morning witin the first few minutes.

orbitron
08-05-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm coming down from Edmonton and purchased my Gen admin floor seats from the presale today. I don't think the view will be a problem for me as I'm 6'3".

You lose!! I'm 2 meters! I'm comin from Edmonton as well. Look out for the giant in the front row. :eek:

sea_dragon
08-05-2004, 11:18 PM
You lose!! I'm 2 meters! I'm comin from Edmonton as well. Look out for the giant in the front row. :eek:

You know, those of us who are normal height (I'm 5'6") hate you tall people who always have to be right in front! And usually right in front of me! ;)

Amazed
08-06-2004, 12:28 AM
I got floor! I could not wait for them to make up their minds on coming to CALGARY. So Look out Vancouver here I come!
Oh I am going by myself my friend might fly out to join me.
So if anyone wants to hang out the 20th. Im game.

Id prefer a girl to hang out with as I am a cute guy from calgary :p

balohna
08-06-2004, 12:51 AM
tall people: stand back a bit, or at least hunch over the baracade.

orbitron
08-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Actually there is a huge disadvantage about being tall. try getting kicked in the head by every crowdsurfer in the vicinity.

And I will be a little hunched over the barrier, must protect the wife.

sea dragon - 5'6'' is not normal height ;) but neither is 6'6".

sea_dragon
08-06-2004, 10:49 AM
sea dragon - 5'6'' is not normal height ;) but neither is 6'6".

I think you're assuming I'm a guy - average height for women is 5'4"

orbitron
08-06-2004, 06:47 PM
I think you're assuming I'm a guy - average height for women is 5'4"
Fine... you're normal too bad I'm a freak of nature. :(

balohna
08-06-2004, 10:34 PM
what would the chances of catching the beasties after the show be? do they give fans the time of day after a show?

some_dumb_cop
08-06-2004, 11:19 PM
just got my tickets today, was outta town for the presale..

ill be driving from vancouver to see them in seattle then going to work somehow the next morning and sneaking off early from work to see them again in vancouver. i can't wait.

jumbofudge
08-06-2004, 11:44 PM
What is the deal with Dog Show rumors floating around.... i read it in a vh1 interview... but it also is saying on the fox's website that they will be performing with Talib Kweli and a TRICK DOG SHOW!

That would be so rad. Superdogs anyone?

balohna
08-07-2004, 12:10 AM
that was a joke, in an interview they said that they were looking into that. super dogs is in the pacific colloseum though, when the PNE is still on.

des_one
08-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Got tickets this morning, on the floor, booyah

paulb
08-07-2004, 07:09 PM
im pretty fuckin pissed!!! i wasnt here all this week, i was up at Sun Peeks, from Aug 1-7, i arrive home at 5pm... all the GA and Lower Level seats are sold out!!! im pretty fuckin pissed!!! im going to the Seattle show too, but, looks like im gonna have to either, buy tix off ebay... or scalpers..