PDA

View Full Version : ATCQ cancled

Pootytang
08-03-2004, 08:17 PM
This is some horrible news, but the Beastie Boys are still playing. This is straight from an admin of the Voodoo Message Board.

8-3-04 We regretfully announce that we have just been informed that A Tribe Called Quest has cancelled their fall plans, including their schedule appearance at Voodoo, due to a conflict with Q Tips schedule. Currently they are still planning on playing for our friends at San Diego's Street Scene, August 27, so hopefully you guys can catch them there.

djfuquea
08-03-2004, 10:32 PM
I am furious and distraught about this - nice timing for this info to come out two days after tickets go on sale by the way! ATCQ + beasties was my biggest incentive for planning a road trip out there from atlanta instead of just waiting for the beasties to come to ATL on tour. (n) SHIT!!!

balohna
08-04-2004, 02:27 AM
Too bad, I won't be their anyways but Get it Together would be great even if I don't get to hear it. The only problem is the line about Ione, since Adam and her are divorced.

SerialWaxKiller
08-04-2004, 02:27 PM
I just canceled my trip the voodoofest...

Fuck Q-tip!!! What plans does he have that more important than Playin again wit the Boys, DeLa, Cypress & Sonic Youth....

Fuck Em... Im gonna boo him off stage next time I see him!! If indeed he was the one that booked it then canceled "because if conflicts in his schedule"

People should alowed to return tix if they want, being that ATCQ I think was the biggest attraction driving me to go....

Screw him & my first time trip to New Orleans.....

BeastieBau
08-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Anyone know if they still plan on releasing a new album?

marvin
08-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Q-Tip recently cancelled a European tour to finish off work on his new album, so I assume that's whats causing everything with ATCQ to be put back.