PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: DO NOT THREATEN THE PRESIDENT ON HERE

BeastieBoys.com
08-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Even if you think you're being funny or clever. Users who do this will have their account and all their posts deleted promptly.

Remember that whole fiasco RATM had going on their site years back because someone over there threatened Bush, or something like that. I don't know how far it went, but I think the Secret Service or the FBI had the whole board shut down and that user was arrested (?)

We don't like Bush either, but you can't post death threats here - against *anyone*.

If anyone sees this, please PM all the mods so that we can take care of it quickly. I'd hate for this place to be shut down.

rorschach
08-04-2004, 04:55 PM
While I think that death threats are stupid, issuing death threads on the net is even more stupid and issuing death threads against a sitting US President (whose time in the White House is running out anyway) is extra-special twice as stupid (huh?)... I have two questions:
(1) Which laws are binding for the 'net and this MB? American one's (because that's presumably where the server's based)? As far as I'm concerned that doesn't affect me - neither living in the US nor being a US citizen...
(2) Why's the "Do not threaten" rule only about the US President? Would it be okay to issue death threads against the French President, Michael Moore or Saddam Hussein?

I'm ... a bit confused here :confused:

Daisy
08-04-2004, 05:00 PM
We don't like Bush either, but you can't post death threats here - against *anyone*

I think the issue is more that perhaps the record company would not look favorably at this message board if there were death threats about our President and they got a little heat from the Government. It's just as easy to switch off the board and say, "problem solved".

I recall the RATM board and it wasn't laws were being broken. I think it was just easier to make it go away. I don't know for sure but that's what I heard happened.

rorschach
08-04-2004, 05:05 PM
I think the issue is more that perhaps the record company would not look favorably at this message board if there were death threats about our President and they got a little heat from the Government. It's just as easy to switch off the board and say, "problem solved".

I see, so it's more about economic interests/reality than (international) laws...
:(

Does anyone know what really happened to the RATM board? This starts to sound like an urban legend.

ASsman
08-04-2004, 05:08 PM
"These Servers are for PRIVATE authorized viewing only. These servers are protected under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act". A little something from our fav president Clinton. It's like flag burning, it sounds illegal but isn't. Of course the goverment is able to tap anyones line at any point or internet traffic. With no one stopping them from doing so. Freedom of Speech doesn't mean freedom of surveillance.

http://www.usiia.org/legis/ecpa.html
http://floridalawfirm.com/privacy.html
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/2701.html

Daisy
08-04-2004, 05:09 PM
I don't know for sure but that's my take.

Regardless, it's a rule now so look out!! :)

rorschach
08-04-2004, 05:10 PM
"These Servers are for PRIVATE authorized viewing only. These servers are protected under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act". A little something from our fav president Clinton.

Can you find me a link to that Act? :confused:

BeastieBoys.com
08-04-2004, 06:25 PM
While I think that death threats are stupid, issuing death threads on the net is even more stupid and issuing death threads against a sitting US President (whose time in the White House is running out anyway) is extra-special twice as stupid (huh?)... I have two questions:
(1) Which laws are binding for the 'net and this MB? American one's (because that's presumably where the server's based)? As far as I'm concerned that doesn't affect me - neither living in the US nor being a US citizen...
(2) Why's the "Do not threaten" rule only about the US President? Would it be okay to issue death threads against the French President, Michael Moore or Saddam Hussein?

You missed this part of my post:
"We don't like Bush either, but you can't post death threats here - against *anyone*."

And no, death threats are not protected by the first amendment. And since this board is hosted on servers that reside in the US, any person making such threat could be extradited from any country to face a trial. Yes people have been convicted in US courts because of death threats over the internet. And that has set a precedent in that it put online communications on par legally with telephone calls and postal mail which will open the door to even more convictions.

Ace42
08-04-2004, 07:05 PM
And no, death threats are not protected by the first amendment. And since this board is hosted on servers that reside in the US, any person making such threat could be extradited from any country to face a trial. Yes people have been convicted in US courts because of death threats over the internet. And that has set a precedent in that it put online communications on par legally with telephone calls and postal mail which will open the door to even more convictions.

That's a negatory. Numerous nations with internet access do not extradite to the US, and the UK would not extradite to a country where the extraditee was liable to get the death penalty. Not that I have a problem with the rules, just clarifying.

EN[i]GMA
08-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Might have to ask the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) as to legality regarding the internet. I think it IS illegal. People have gotten in trouble for things hosted on the web many times.

Burnout18
08-04-2004, 08:50 PM
Just dont type it, its not that hard.

ASsman
08-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for us.....

Siti
08-04-2004, 11:48 PM
"We don't like Bush either, but you can't post death threats here - against *anyone*."

the president should have jail DAVID LETTERMEN by now doesn't he?

Blighty
08-05-2004, 02:17 AM
Does anyone know what really happened to the RATM board? This starts to sound like an urban legend.

The belief that it was shut down for death threats against Bush is an assumption rather than a fact. Coincidently it happened on 9/11. I didn't post there but I remember it happeing and I remember people wondering if these forums would get shut down. We didn't even have a political forum back then. Shutting down a whole message board because a few people said the wrong thing seems more than a little over the top.

Friday September 14, 2001

Did Secret Service shut down Rage message board?
By PAUL CANTIN

Senior Reporter, JAM! Showbiz

The message board at the web page of politically militant rockers Rage Against The Machine has been shut down after what the band describes as pressure from the U.S. Secret Service.

In a posting at the band's website (www.ratm.com), the band says that Infopop, the Internet company that hosted the message board -- a forum for the exchange of messages and ideas among the band's fans -- is no longer donating its services to maintain the board.

Infopop told the band they were dropping the message board "in light of repeated phone calls they have received from the Secret Service with regards to inflammatory posts on several of the forums," the band said.

Because the bulletin board had been shut down, it was impossible to assess what types of "inflammatory posts" had been made at the site. But given that the Secret Service is charged with protecting the U.S. President, it's not hard to imagine what kinds of remarks may have alarmed the agents who allegedly called Infopop.

The band thanked Infopop for their services and promised to "correct the situation and get your free exchange of information and ideas up and running as soon as possible."

The band also posted a link to a temporary bulletin board hosted by the Artist Direct network, but that page appeared to be out of service Friday afternoon.

Meanwhile, in a statement posted at the site, Rage guitarist Tom Morello sent out his sympathies to the victims of the attacks in New York and Washington, but pointedly added that the U.S. has dished out similar violence around the globe.

"On Tuesday, the victims were American. But the horrible scenes that we've witnessed on TV this week are regular occurrences in other places around the globe," Morello wrote.

"And too often, violence like this has been meted out by our own country and its client states. We should stand together against this type of violence in all its forms, whenever it happens, whether it's done in the name of religious fanaticism, or in the name of our own domestic elite."

http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusicArtistsR/rage_machine.html

Ace42
08-05-2004, 04:03 AM
Meanwhile, in a statement posted at the site, Rage guitarist Tom Morello sent out his sympathies to the victims of the attacks in New York and Washington, but pointedly added that the U.S. has dished out similar violence around the globe.

"On Tuesday, the victims were American. But the horrible scenes that we've witnessed on TV this week are regular occurrences in other places around the globe," Morello wrote.

"And too often, violence like this has been meted out by our own country and its client states. We should stand together against this type of violence in all its forms, whenever it happens, whether it's done in the name of religious fanaticism, or in the name of our own domestic elite."

How erudite. Now if only they wrote music that I liked...

rorschach
08-05-2004, 04:45 AM
...but, and that's why I was asking, the only reason you posted THE RULE TM (which, btw, I like. A lot.) is your concern about the US President. Which is understandable, because as far as I know, there are some things that they'll convict you twice as hard and twice as fast for if it concerns the White House. But there's been some borderline stuff happening, especially in the Political Section, where Mods or Admins stepping in might have been appropriate before. :confused:
So - one wrong word and I'm banned and then should basically prepare for a longer stay on Guantanamo Bay? Camp Delta, here I come?
In related news - can the, say: German government get any American extradited for making (death) threats against the German chancellor? Or against me?
Just wondering.

Thundercracker
08-05-2004, 06:03 AM
hahaha....

then you should listen to the song:
The Offspring - Kill the President... ;)

(of course it's not ment for Bush... it was written something like 16 years ago)

Mr. Boomin'Granny
08-06-2004, 01:42 AM
GO TO HELL VAN BUREN!:mad:

Blighty
08-08-2004, 08:58 AM
How about death threats against Osama? Are they okay?

Hypestyle
08-08-2004, 01:27 PM
bush is no friend of mine.. but killing him would make him a martyr for all the neocons and for all that have been conned by the neo-cons..

mcaismyhero
08-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Yeah, you know it was funny.

It actually was. Did they make you do it?

lil richard
08-08-2004, 03:39 PM
WARNING: DO NOT THREATEN THE PRESIDENT ON HERE this blows. (n)

Daisy
08-08-2004, 08:24 PM
It was changed by the powers that be, but I am not arguing.

Yeah, and you know you dig me, for an old broad. ;)

It aint right but thems the rules. Don't like it? Go to another board to threaten the president and shut them down.

Blighty
08-09-2004, 03:31 AM
Not only is Bush allowed to make death threats against people he doesn't like or considers to be a threat but he's directly responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Iraqi and Afghan civillians, Iraqi conscripts, Taliban, al Qaeda suspects, etc. He can go on TV and threaten to destroy human beings and it's fine. As can any politician. No one bats an eyelid. John Edwards just said 'We will destroy al Qaeda'.

Personally I believe that we should go with Jesus' 'Love your enemies' theory and see if that works so I certainly don't support death threats against Bush, Osama or anyone but it seems to me that if people are making Death threats against Bush then they're just following Bush's 'threaten/destroy your enemies' example. The really stupid thing is they're just words. Zeros and ones on a monitor.

So Bush can literally kill and no one will put him in jail but people can't express their anger on the net for what he's doing. Isn't that fascism?

ChrisLove
08-09-2004, 06:49 AM
(n) Thoughtcrime (n)

jegtar
08-09-2004, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE=Blighty]Not only is Bush allowed to make death threats against people he doesn't like or considers to be a threat but he's directly responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Iraqi and Afghan civillians, Iraqi conscripts, Taliban, al Qaeda suspects, etc. He can go on TV and threaten to destroy human beings and it's fine. As can any politician. No one bats an eyelid. John Edwards just said 'We will destroy al Qaeda'.

Personally I believe that we should go with Jesus' 'Love your enemies' theory QUOTE]

Okay, why don't you got to Saudi Arabia and give some of those guys hugs? What's that? You're afraid that they will cut your head off and post it on the internet? Alrighty then!

Mr. Boomin'Granny
08-09-2004, 11:25 AM
it was just a figure of speech dude. damn.

roosta
08-09-2004, 05:29 PM
ah............can we threaten Tony Blair?

Blighty
08-10-2004, 02:42 AM
Okay, why don't you got to Saudi Arabia and give some of those guys hugs? What's that? You're afraid that they will cut your head off and post it on the internet? Alrighty then!

There's a huge terrorist attack on America and 3,000 innocent civillians are killed. The US responds by attacking Afghanistan killing roughly 7,000 innocent civillians. Then the US attacks Iraq killing around 10,000 innocent civillians. SO now 20,000 innocent civillians are dead. How do the people of Afghanistan, Iraq and surrounding countries resond? More attacks. More dead. And as you pointed out, beheadings.

So violence creates violence creates violence.

Now imagine if Bush had followed the teachings of Jesus (like Christians generally do). What would have happened in the three years since 9/11? Maybe things would be a whole lot worse. I don't know. My point is that we should try something new because all we're getting at the minute is war after war after war. And this is not about to end any time soon. We're losing our freedoms left, right and centre in a war that according to Cheney will be going on for the rest of our lives.

Who's up for trying something new?

EN[i]GMA
08-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Me. States have tried war as a means for peace for 4000 years and it hasn't worked yet.

Daisy
08-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Does the Justice Dept or whoever visit this site often? You guys seem to be taking this pretty seriously.

Are we being watched?

Uh, I'm taking it seriously because Johnny asked you guys to follow a rule.

Johnny, minton and tpk all worked really hard on the site and board so why would you guys want it shut down? Just follow this rule. Is it that hard? No conspiracy or anything...just being pro-active.

:)

ASsman
08-10-2004, 06:53 PM
I would like to kill Emeril Lagasse.

Jasonik
08-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Don't threaten the President at: (202) 456-1414 either, (I mean, unless you're not afraid of the Secret Service and the FBI, and incarceration). (n)

Disclaimer:
This is not a call for threats, but a way to funnel threats if one decided to make one to the proper authorities.

ASsman
08-11-2004, 05:07 PM
I would kill for a new president..... I mean.....crap!

Space
08-11-2004, 05:17 PM
yeah the secret service is on the 9th floor, but the cia would get you overseas.

Blighty
08-17-2004, 04:08 AM
Uh, I'm taking it seriously because Johnny asked you guys to follow a rule.

Johnny, minton and tpk all worked really hard on the site and board so why would you guys want it shut down? Just follow this rule. Is it that hard? No conspiracy or anything...just being pro-active.

:)

How are you being 'pro-active'? Aren't you just following orders? Someone tells you what to do and then you tell us what to do. That's the way it works right?

We all contribute to these forums. The only people that would want them taken down are those who wish to stifle free speech. So who makes up the rules and why?

Jasonik
08-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Read this (http://www.globalexchange.org/countries/unitedstates/democracy/821.html)

Under federal law, making a threat against the president's life is a crime punishable by up to five years in prison.

Protective Mission (http://www.secretservice.gov/protection.shtml)

ASsman
08-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Muhauha! Thats funny, also in Germany its illegal to "glorify" illegal acts.
Also who needs a sniper? Hell a pretzel can be just as effective....Or sharp edge...

Ace42
08-17-2004, 04:31 PM
Read this (http://www.globalexchange.org/countries/unitedstates/democracy/821.html)

A friendly visit from the Ministry of Love.

Blighty
08-21-2004, 08:51 AM

Protective Mission (http://www.secretservice.gov/protection.shtml)

And yet the president can threaten and kill at will. This world would be a much better place to live in if everyone played by them same rules.

I have some questions for the Administrators. Although they've ignored my questions so far.

If we're not allowed to threaten anyone on these forums then why is the title of the thread 'WARNING: DO NOT THREATEN THE PRESIDENT ON HERE'?

Are we allowed to threaten Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, members of the Taliban or al Qaeda?

The Rage Against The Machine board was shut down three years ago. Why is this being used as a reason for the warning?

Considering neither of the Admin that have posted in this thread know why the RATM board was shut down why is this being cited as a reason?

Why is it only the Political Forum that has this warning?

Why would anyone shut down an entire message board because of the actions of one person?

Why would you delete ALL posts by someone if they've only said one wrong thing?

How long is this thread going to remain 'sticky'?

Do you think the thread creates a climate of paranoia? That we are 'being watched'?

If yes, do you think that climate will stifle free speech?

Is there anything else we're not allowed to say?

Thanks.

Gabriely
08-21-2004, 08:59 AM
dude...poor americans, i'm so sorry 4u... :(

Whois
08-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Can I threaten to pee on the President?

:D

Jasonik
08-21-2004, 07:52 PM
dude...poor americans, i'm so sorry 4u... :(
You mean you can threaten your president's life publicly without repercussion?

Gabriely
08-21-2004, 08:11 PM
You mean you can threaten your president's life publicly without repercussion?
well...yes....it was called freedom on usa but you sometimes act like forgotten what does it stands for...but it still works here, and it is so truth that a american that lives in brazil wrote a fat lier report threaten our president on the NY Times, and we brazilians were furious, we really were, but then our president tryed to act like a american and deport the dumb...well we all wanted to deport the man but we had to think twice and see that it was bout freedom and that if we let they break it and bring us to ours knees once then it would happen again, and again, and again...til we think it is normal(just like hapenned with u americans)....well the press had fight for our right to say what we want to say cand the jerk report still lives here...but I also still got my freedom...

Jasonik
08-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Don't get carried away thinking Brasil is more free than the United States.

"Ameaças de morte" (death threats) are LEGAL in Brasil?! Can one be convicted and sentenced for sending one? Is what we consider criminal intimidation in the U.S. considered free speech in Brasil?

Blighty
08-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Is saying you'd like to kill George Bush really 'criminal intimidation'? Do you think Bush is scared by this? I've been threatened on these forums and I wasn't scared. Bush is one of the most protected people on the planet. It's all pretty ridiculous really. People can't even blow off steam any more.

Jasonik
08-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Is saying you'd like to kill George Bush really 'criminal intimidation'? Do you think Bush is scared by this? I've been threatened on these forums and I wasn't scared. Bush is one of the most protected people on the planet. It's all pretty ridiculous really. People can't even blow off steam any more.

There are laws in the United States against threatening people. Threaten someone in person, by mail, or over the internet, and that person can bring criminal charges against you. It is the same for every citizen here, and rightly so. Threatening the president is a more severe crime, just as murdering a police officer is more grievous than a non-uniformed citizen.

Yeah, back in the good old days when you could walk up to someone and tell them you were going to hurt or kill them or someone in their family, because you needed to feel better, "blow off steam." Good times .....good times.

Do us a favor and go get in a drunken barfight, maybe you'll get to kill someone. :rolleyes:

Daisy
08-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Even if you think you're being funny or clever. Users who do this will have their account and all their posts deleted promptly.

Remember that whole fiasco RATM had going on their site years back because someone over there threatened Bush, or something like that. I don't know how far it went, but I think the Secret Service or the FBI had the whole board shut down and that user was arrested (?)

We don't like Bush either, but you can't post death threats here - against *anyone*.

If anyone sees this, please PM all the mods so that we can take care of it quickly. I'd hate for this place to be shut down.

We're not allowed to threaten anyone on these forums then why is the title of the thread 'WARNING: DO NOT THREATEN THE PRESIDENT ON HERE'?

To get attention, duh. This is a silly question.

Are we allowed to threaten Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, members of the Taliban or al Qaeda?

We don't like Bush either, but you can't post death threats here - against *anyone*. - from the original post in this thread.

The Rage Against The Machine board was shut down three years ago. Why is this being used as a reason for the warning?

Because the law has not changed and we are trying to avoid the issues that plagued the RATM board and eventually led to it's untimely end.

Considering neither of the Admin that have posted in this thread know why the RATM board was shut down why is this being cited as a reason?

Did Secret Service shut down Rage message board?
By PAUL CANTIN
Senior Reporter, JAM! Showbiz
The message board at the web page of politically militant rockers Rage Against The Machine has been shut down after what the band describes as pressure from the U.S. Secret Service.

In a posting at the band's website (www.ratm.com), the band says that Infopop, the Internet company that hosted the message board -- a forum for the exchange of messages and ideas among the band's fans -- is no longer donating its services to maintain the board.

Infopop told the band they were dropping the message board "in light of repeated phone calls they have received from the Secret Service with regards to inflammatory posts on several of the forums," the band said.

Because the bulletin board had been shut down, it was impossible to assess what types of "inflammatory posts" had been made at the site. But given that the Secret Service is charged with protecting the U.S. President, it's not hard to imagine what kinds of remarks may have alarmed the agents who allegedly called Infopop.

The band thanked Infopop for their services and promised to "correct the situation and get your free exchange of information and ideas up and running as soon as possible."

The band also posted a link to a temporary bulletin board hosted by the Artist Direct network, but that page appeared to be out of service Friday afternoon.

Why is it only the Political Forum that has this warning?

Because this is the forum to discuss political - type, well discussion. If someone posts something politically related we would move it in here anyway. If we see the threat, we will delete it as requested.

Why would anyone shut down an entire message board because of the actions of one person?

Ask the Secret Service or better yet, your Congressperson

Why would you delete ALL posts by someone if they've only said one wrong thing?

I haven't yet but it could be arranged ;)

How long is this thread going to remain 'sticky'?

Till Johnny makes it unsticky or more likely till the election in November. I'm not sure...

Do you think the thread creates a climate of paranoia? That we are 'being watched'?

I'm sure there are conspiracy theorists out there that might think it. We don't really care actually. We just don't want any issues with the board as a whole.

Now, you guys who keep pushing this issue (in my opinion) are going to get nowhere except the fact that this will become such a pain in the ass to Johnny that he could just shut down this entire forum and not allow it at all. Free Speech has been brought up a few times. Allow me to quote the FAQ segment that might address why we do what we do: Here at BeastieBoys.com, we are a private community and may remove you as a member of our site for any number of idiotic statements, including but not limited to: sexist statements, racist statements, threats of violence, attacks upon the staff, and just good old fashioned idiocy.

That pretty much sums it up. It's a private board funded by the band. Johnny as the webmaster has the authority to do what he feels is best for the band.

Hope that helps a little.

Ace42
08-25-2004, 12:27 PM
Would it be ok to post a link to an unrelated death-threat? Like if a comedian on the TV had a sketch where he threatened the president, would linking to that be ok assuming it did not breach copyright, etc? What if it linked to a thread in a completely different set of forums? What if you linked to that forum, and then AFTER you linked to a thread, then someone subsequently posted a death threat, would that mean you are held to blame?

Daisy
08-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Would it be ok to post a link to an unrelated death-threat? Like if a comedian on the TV had a sketch where he threatened the president, would linking to that be ok assuming it did not breach copyright, etc? What if it linked to a thread in a completely different set of forums? What if you linked to that forum, and then AFTER you linked to a thread, then someone subsequently posted a death threat, would that mean you are held to blame?

You completely confused me with the last question. We will take it on a case by case basis. It's just deleting the post for goodness sake, we aren't saying that we will BAN you forever. Well, unless you are an asshole. ;) :D

Blighty
08-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks for replying, Daisy. A number of points. Firstly a thread entitled 'WARNING: DO NOT THREATEN ANYONE ON HERE' would get attention would it not? It would also suggest that you care about the people who contributed to this forum and aren't just worried about 'the man' shutting you down. Personally I think it does create a climate of 'paranoia'. Nothing to do with 'conspiracy theories'. More to do with 'The government may be watching you. We're watching you. Other people on the board are watching you and will report you to us.' I don't like coming to the forum when it has:

'WARNING: DO NOT THREATEN THE PRESIDENT ON HERE'

permanantly emblazoned across the top. Especially when that's not a problem. Has anyone even done that? I've not seen it. Admittedly I've not had as much time to visit here as I used to but I've seen nothing. It's never been a problem before in all the years these boards have been in action. Why the warning now?

If you're going to make this sort of warning then it should have been made in all the forums or none at all. After all this is about not threatening anyone isn't it? Or is it just about not getting the forums shut down by the SS because of one or two idiots? People can threaten each other in any forum. Bush gets mentioned in other sections too so it seems like this section is getting singled out. Obviously Bush gets mentioned more here but there are idiots everywhere who could get these forums shut down for us when us political types are being good, right? So shouldn't they be warned to?

'Now, you guys who keep pushing this issue (in my opinion) are going to get nowhere except the fact that this will become such a pain in the ass to Johnny that he could just shut down this entire forum and not allow it at all.'

What does this mean? He'd shut the forum down because we're questioning what he does? Why? How is this a 'pain in the ass to Johnny'? He hasn't been back since this thread went up has he? You're the only one who seems intetrested in replying to our questions. He's working for a band who encourage people to stand up for their rights and to question. If he can't handle that he should go get a job at the Britney Spears website.

bilbo
08-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Has anyone even done that? I've not seen it.

It has been done, I saw it, and I personally sent a note to one of the moderators. Once is enough to make it a big problem.

Blighty
08-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Threatening the president is a more severe crime, just as murdering a police officer is more grievous than a non-uniformed citizen.

But why should that be? Why is the president more special than the people he works for? Why is a police officer more special than the people he serves?

Do us a favor and go get in a drunken barfight, maybe you'll get to kill someone.

What's that supposed to mean? My point is that if people can blow off steam talking shit about a mass murder like Bush on a forum that he's never likely to even see then they're less likely to be physically violent in the real world. As I said, I don't think anyone should be threatening anyone. I don't think Bush should be threatening people he wants dead. Nor do I think he should be sending people to kill and get killed. And I don't think people who disagree with Bush should be threatening him either. It's a vicious cycle. Violence breeds violence breeds violence.

As I said, new ideas. Who's up for something new?

Blighty
08-25-2004, 02:32 PM
It has been done, I saw it, and I personally sent a note to one of the moderators. Once is enough to make it a big problem.

Who threatened Bush?

Daisy
08-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks for replying, Daisy. A number of points. Firstly a thread entitled 'WARNING: DO NOT THREATEN ANYONE ON HERE' would get attention would it not? It would also suggest that you care about the people who contributed to this forum and aren't just worried about 'the man' shutting you down. Personally I think it does create a climate of 'paranoia'. Nothing to do with 'conspiracy theories'. More to do with 'The government may be watching you. We're watching you. Other people on the board are watching you and will report you to us.' I don't like coming to the forum when it has:

'WARNING: DO NOT THREATEN THE PRESIDENT ON HERE'

permanantly emblazoned across the top. Especially when that's not a problem. Has anyone even done that? I've not seen it. Admittedly I've not had as much time to visit here as I used to but I've seen nothing. It's never been a problem before in all the years these boards have been in action. Why the warning now?

If you're going to make this sort of warning then it should have been made in all the forums or none at all. After all this is about not threatening anyone isn't it? Or is it just about not getting the forums shut down by the SS because of one or two idiots? People can threaten each other in any forum. Bush gets mentioned in other sections too so it seems like this section is getting singled out. Obviously Bush gets mentioned more here but there are idiots everywhere who could get these forums shut down for us when us political types are being good, right? So shouldn't they be warned to?

What does this mean? He'd shut the forum down because we're questioning what he does? Why? How is this a 'pain in the ass to Johnny'? He hasn't been back since this thread went up has he? You're the only one who seems intetrested in replying to our questions. He's working for a band who encourage people to stand up for their rights and to question. If he can't handle that he should go get a job at the Britney Spears website.

I believe it to be more of an issue because this is an election year and political discussions are more likely to involve emotions regarding people's feeling toward President Bush vs. Senator Kerry. Truthfully, I never visited this board (I did the site) prior to becoming an admin so I don't know if this forum has always been around or not. None of my fellow admins were responding to you so I thought I would tell you my thoughts on the subject.

"A pain in Johnny's ass" was my opinion. I believe I underlined it even when I said, "In my opinion", so don't get all over Johnny for something he didn't even say. He can certainly handle this job and he certainly knows where the band stands on this subject. However, I'm sure the band would prefer that the site not have any issues outside of the norm (like the SS). As I stated before, as the webmaster he has the FULL support of the band and they allow him to run the site on a daily basis as he see fits. Questioning is not a problem at all. Beating a dead horse can get annoying.

I'm sure Johnny has been back in this thread. Maybe he hasn't had time to respond, but don't make assumptions. He has a lot of stuff to do on the site. Much more than myself I guarantee you.

I'm sorry you don't like this particular rule. We aren't trying to make it difficult for you.

Daisy
08-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Who threatened Bush?

Personally, I have edited three threads. I don't pay attention to the name of the poster, just the content.

Ace42
08-26-2004, 10:30 PM
I know that if I was a secret service (SS, how appropriate) officer inspecting this site, I'd be more concerned that death threats were being vapourised and thus impossible / harder to follow up, than some kids ranting, where they can easily be contacted tracked down, etc.

Imagine if someone hypothetically did make an attempt on Bush, and they found out that you hid (read: deleted) their posts? I think that would cause more trouble than suggesting that you have nothing to hide and they are welcome to come and look.

Jasonik
08-27-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm guessing it is more of a liability issue for the BBS, like inciting or condoning an attack, violence, threats, etc.

You have a point about the threatening individuals, perhaps there is a disclosure policy that we're not aware of.

Hypestyle
08-29-2004, 02:55 PM
i will get rid of bush by voting against him :mad: .. i'm over 18...
power of the vote...

ericg
08-30-2004, 10:16 PM
In a nutshell:
Jeorpardy question (answer given-truth is out there-so get it and keep it):Why would anyone in their right mind want to kill Bush(: & why is the world having problems with this? I know, I know, I know, I know....still we don't do ourselves justice to think that the "standard" will be met even if and when Kerry takes office(MMMuch admiration and hope for him and back him 100%...as I would myself...which is good...Like "The Natural"...come on) ,but know the arena and beauracracy and public that has been corrupted and in place for too long(lost faith in providence) will perhaps be even more devastating when it's really not all consumated correctly true to human history like we have'nt Quantum Leaped(: this shit.....(Perhaps I can only speak for myself and can't expect the world, but....(buzzer sounds....bullshit) Very plain stuff here, you know Bill of Rights, Constitution of the United States, MLK's...and many more....
The feigns and iniquitous have got to be held accountable... There is a way..........ok....like you didn't, let's say, see the state of the art StarWars1forget that one for now maybe.No but
I have a gestation of a book I hope to publish and this one message may not do it justice I'd like right now, but I have faith in you...Just 'Cause.... Damn I've said too much in quelled circumstance to no avail for 6-7 years and at this point I'm weary and who's going to save Spiderman. My mind and body aches in this nutshell, but you can check out Moby's web site-general disc. in "Open letter to MOBY" to see in lamens terms.....where I'm coming from...
All in affinity for America...in fact just go there to further CH-CHECKing IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You won't be dissapointed for the times...So come on...this will still be here waiting.
Damnit, no-one is going to look at this thread, are they?

mcaismyhero
08-30-2004, 10:54 PM
^^I didn't understand a word of that. Sorry.

Ace42
08-31-2004, 03:49 AM
Me either. Will this book be in English?

EN[i]GMA
08-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Pass that over here. I need more Beastie references in my babbling.

ericg
08-31-2004, 11:43 PM
Yeah I *&%%#@&^ to that one.Ah well...Come on it's funny because it's true and liberated in a way...can you imagine a world jeopardy match and one of the contestants for the right answer in question form states: "Why anybody would want to kill George Bush...!?!" Like life is so relevant and serious that everthing matters and the dissolution of the worlds affairs right now has this backyard takeover practically making it a civil war...but nobody wants to go to jail for fighting for their right....like if they only knew how to make it right... I should'nt belittle this on a chat board, but I'm dumb and came to the BB website to see what real shit was taking place at this point.Just forget it and go about your daily lives, like it doesn't matter to this degree in everyday life.I'm going to explode in a minute, so I'mout.

BoominShakey
09-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Quite honestly, I didn't read this whole thread, so for all i know someone else already pointed this out.

It really is a quite simple issue. Freedom of Speech doesn't apply on this forum, or to any other privately run service. The first ammendment stipulates that (paraphrase perhaps, too lazy to look up the exact wording) "the governement shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech..." An individual, organization, or company has every right to establish regulations involving use of their services that would be an abridgement of free-speech if the government did the same thing. If you don't like the rules someone establishes for their message board, I don't think anyone is forcing you to stick around.

Yeah I'm new around here, so maybe I'm butting my nose in where it doesn't belong yet. It just really bugs me when people misrepresent the first ammendment. It really isn't that hard to understand. If you're in my house, and you're saying something that I don't like, it is my right to ask you to either stop saying it or to leave. That's not violating your right to free speech.

Blighty
09-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Daisy, I do appreciate you bothering to reply. So thank you. I don't think I'm 'beating a dead horse' though. The threads sticky. It's the first thing we see when we come here. People are naturally going to put forth there their opinions. If it's annoying Johnny he could always unsticky the thread.

Daisy
09-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Daisy, I do appreciate you bothering to reply. So thank you. I don't think I'm 'beating a dead horse' though. The threads sticky. It's the first thing we see when we come here. People are naturally going to put forth there their opinions. If it's annoying Johnny he could always unsticky the thread.

It isn't annoying Johnny. I haven't talked to him about this at all. I was projecting.

Should I edit? Until you hear from Johnny, consider me talking out of my ass about that subject. s'right? s'right! :)

pietshaw
09-05-2004, 06:46 AM

pietshaw
09-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Hello,

I do not want to threaten anybody here, but would like to ask, if good & positive music against the war & the system is allowed, and if I can eventually submit this music to the Beastie Boys ?
I would be thankful for an answer.
Best piet

maddoctorx
09-08-2004, 02:03 AM
Okay, why don't you got to Saudi Arabia and give some of those guys hugs? What's that? You're afraid that they will cut your head off and post it on the internet? Alrighty then![/QUOTE]

There no need our president is already giving terroist of Saudia Arabia hugs by impossing no pressure or embargos on the country or putting a tough stance on a nation that has many direct ties to 911 and has been documented funding many terroist cells against the U.S.

QueenV
09-10-2004, 06:12 PM
This isn't a threat - in fact, it's bipartisan: http://www.cafepress.com/kerrorist

Destroyer
09-15-2004, 12:43 AM
BeastieBoys.com is a prick.

Daisy
09-17-2004, 11:19 AM
BeastieBoys.com is a prick.

Actually that would be you.

ASsman
09-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Get your learn on foos...

Electronic Communications Privacy Act
http://www.usiia.org/legis/ecpa.html

discopants
09-23-2004, 04:41 AM
What are we supposed to do?
Praise him?

drobertson420
09-24-2004, 11:26 PM

Talk to Randi Rhoades about that one.... :mad:

drobertson420
09-24-2004, 11:28 PM

It would just be irresponsible with so many people involved,; Again, See Randi Rhoades :D

drobertson420
09-24-2004, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE=Blighty] "So Bush can literally kill and no one will put him in jail ..."

I guess W and Kerry would share a cell, then? ;)

"War Hero" :rolleyes:

drobertson420
09-24-2004, 11:53 PM
There are laws in the United States against threatening people. Threaten someone in person, by mail, or over the internet, and that person can bring criminal charges against you. It is the same for every citizen here, and rightly so. Threatening the president is a more severe crime, just as murdering a police officer is more grievous than a non-uniformed citizen.

Yeah, back in the good old days when you could walk up to someone and tell them you were going to hurt or kill them or someone in their family, because you needed to feel better, "blow off steam." Good times .....good times.

Do us a favor and go get in a drunken barfight, maybe you'll get to kill someone. :rolleyes:
True! Some people like to test the limits of free speech(GASP! There's Limits?!!!!) There's appropriate and NOT. George Ws not my pal either, but he's still The P-P-P-P-President of the UNITED States of America! (!)
P.S. Remember those documents Sandy Berger was swiping(Alledgedly)
do you think 60 Minutes found them? :eek:
Sandy Berger ="The Source" :cool:

drobertson420
09-25-2004, 12:00 AM
There's a huge terrorist attack on America and 3,000 innocent civillians are killed. The US responds by attacking Afghanistan killing roughly 7,000 innocent civillians. Then the US attacks Iraq killing around 10,000 innocent civillians. SO now 20,000 innocent civillians are dead. How do the people of Afghanistan, Iraq and surrounding countries resond? More attacks. More dead. And as you pointed out, beheadings.

So violence creates violence creates violence.

Now imagine if Bush had followed the teachings of Jesus (like Christians generally do). What would have happened in the three years since 9/11? Maybe things would be a whole lot worse. I don't know. My point is that we should try something new because all we're getting at the minute is war after war after war. And this is not about to end any time soon. We're losing our freedoms left, right and centre in a war that according to Cheney will be going on for the rest of our lives.

Who's up for trying something new?

While were talking body-counts: Civil War---Americans-vs-Americans--Fighting over politics---Gettysburg---60,000+ DEAD in 1 day! (yes, ONE DAY)
Divided over Political Issues......Civil War.........Interesting..... :(
Were heading in that direction again,People (!) (!) (!) Lets get our POOP Together and quit Making everything So "Cripps-vs-Bloods"* (lb)

*No offense to the Cripps or Bloods. :D
*Or substitute with "Hatfields and McCoys"

EN[i]GMA
09-25-2004, 06:10 AM
Not one day, one battle. The single DAY with the most deaths was the battle of Antietam.

drobertson420
09-25-2004, 12:43 PM
GMA']Not one day, one battle. The single DAY with the most deaths was the battle of Antietam.
"Not one day, one battle."
True Dat... (y)

drobertson420
09-25-2004, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=Daisy] Re: WARNING: DO NOT THREATEN THE PRESIDENT ON HERE

Can we threaten to Fart in His General Direction......

:D

brooklyndust
09-26-2004, 01:00 PM
What are we supposed to do?
Praise him?

NO! no one ever said that

All they said was just don't threaten the president, or anyone

I don't know why this is a big fucking issue, with so many people complaining

a lot of people are posting on this thread, "I don't condemn threatening anyone, but why are you telling us we are not allowed threatening the president"

if you don't agree with threatening people in the first place then why is this an issue?

some of you people act like you have it so bad and you think your freedom of speech is being taken away, If you lived in a country with a dictator president you can't even say that you dislike the president without getting in shit

the beastie boys don't even have to have a political forum or a beastie free forum or even a message board at all, where would you go then?

so we have a few rules to follow, big fucking deal, if you don't like them and you think they are doing things wrong, then go and make your own message board and then tell me how easy it is to keep track of

some of you people bitch and complaining over the stupidest shit

the bottom line is don't threaten anyone on this board especially the president

why especially the president? cause if you threaten anyone else on this board the government the secret service won't care cause its not there job to protect every single person in the usa, there job is to protect the president

the president is no better then you or me except he is in charge of the usa
just like your boss in no better then you except he is the employer and you’re the employee

but overall yes we are just people and should all be equal, but the world doesn’t work that way

o.j. simpson can murder some one and have a trial for a year and not go to jail, a regular bum can murder some one and go to jail right away

you think if a non-celeb did the same shit that michael jackson did, would there even be a trial?

we may all be equal but like it or not we put some people on pedestal

the president may not be any better then you or me but he has a more important job then me

bottom line: STOP WHINING (to quote Arnold) and just don't threaten anyone.

Ace42
09-26-2004, 01:38 PM
if you don't agree with threatening people in the first place then why is this an issue?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Beatrice Hall (paraphrasing Voltaire)

some of you people act like you have it so bad and you think your freedom of speech is being taken away, If you lived in a country with a dictator president you can't even say that you dislike the president without getting in shit

And then the US could come along and give us that right by toppling a dictator, and killing hundreds of thousands of our kinsfolk in the process!

so we have a few rules to follow, big fucking deal, if you don't like them and you think they are doing things wrong, then go and make your own message board and then tell me how easy it is to keep track of

http://www.vbulletin.com/
http://natephoenix.proboards33.com/index.cgi
http://forums.tactical-ops.to/

It is a piece of piss to run forums. They have software that does the leg-work for you. Anyone who is vaguely computer literate can do it to a greater or lesser degree.

but overall yes we are just people and should all be equal, but the world doesn’t work that way

Time to tear up the declaration, and US constitution. Au Revoir Bill of rights.

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS" - George Orwell.

you think if a non-celeb did the same shit that michael jackson did, would there even be a trial?

Undoubtedly. In most civilisations, people are presumed innocent until proven guilty. This requires a trial.

we may all be equal but like it or not we put some people on pedestal

But you just said that the world doesn't work in a way which we are all equal...

the president may not be any better then you or me but he has a more important job then me

So does 'Wee-Jock' 'Poo-pong Mc-Plop' who cleans out the Aberdeen public lavatories.

brooklyndust
09-26-2004, 03:10 PM
ok you tore me a new asshole

forget my previous post

brooklyndust
09-26-2004, 06:46 PM
And then the US could come along and give us that right by toppling a dictator, and killing hundreds of thousands of our kinsfolk in the process!

if you are talking about the situation in Iraq. Sadam is not the only dictator, there is still a lot of people in this world who are not alowed to speak their mind

http://www.vbulletin.com/
http://natephoenix.proboards33.com/index.cgi
http://forums.tactical-ops.to/

It is a piece of piss to run forums. They have software that does the leg-work for you. Anyone who is vaguely computer literate can do it to a greater or lesser degree.

ok then, if you don't agree with the rules here then make your own message board, and make as many death threats (that you don't like to make anyways) as you wan't

Time to tear up the declaration, and US constitution. Au Revoir Bill of rights.

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS" - George Orwell.

what i was trying to say is, we as people should all be treated equally, but we aren't. If i stand in line to go to a club, two single girls with big boobs are going to get in the club before i do, just like if some one famous dies, its going to get a lot more media coverage then if i were to die, even though it could be william hung who dies and I can sing a lot better then him

just like if some one makes a death threat at the president then it will get a lot more attention, then if someone makes a death threat at me.

why because i don't have a group of people hired to protect me

Undoubtedly. In most civilisations, people are presumed innocent until proven guilty. This requires a trial.

ok maybee michael jackson was a bad example, maybee i have a lot of bad examples. What about the o.j. situation, do you honestly think that if a bum of the street who had no money was on trial for murder, the trial would last more then a year, let a lone more then one day. In my opinion anyone else who was in o.j.'s situation would have been thrown in jail. Celebs get out of shit cause they have money, therefore we aren't equal all the time

then maybee money is the equalizer? I don't know

But you just said that the world doesn't work in a way which we are all equal...

that did make me look like a hypocrite, what i was trying to say i think we should be treated equally, but in scoiety we rank certain people over other people so we are not. but if we were all treated equally wouldn't that be communism....... agghhh nevermind i don't even know what im talking about anymore...

So does 'Wee-Jock' 'Poo-pong Mc-Plop' who cleans out the Aberdeen public lavatories.

so are you saying that cleaning out ceptic tanks has the same importance as running one of the most powerful nations in the world?

I used to wash dishes, but aplied for that job and had an interview to get the job

I didn't have half the country vote in election for me to get that job
(and yes I know bush didn't win the election)

also people on here or saying that bush has killed many inocent civillians, Bush hasn't physically killed anyone, he has told soilders to kill people and they have. so it seems like he has some control or influence over people
and people listen to him? well why do they listen to him if his job is no more important then working at mcdonalds?

I know your going to tear me another new one

Ace42
09-26-2004, 07:17 PM
if you are talking about the situation in Iraq. Sadam is not the only dictator, there is still a lot of people in this world who are not alowed to speak their mind

And yet, Bush doesn't deign to export his perfect beautiful democracy (that the muslims so hate, those freedom haters) to them. The US - exporting a faulty and corrupt pseudo-democracy to countries with oil-wealth!

ok then, if you don't agree with the rules here then make your own message board, and make as many death threats (that you don't like to make anyways) as you wan't

And if I did that, and everyone left here to go there, thereby making this forum deserted, do you think the administrators would thank you for emptying this board of traffic? Oh, and it is "want" - I don't usually correct spelling errors (due to most of them being perfectly permissible typos, etc) but I can't see why anyone would think it needs to be apostrophised. Even green-grocers wouldn't apostrophise "want"

If i stand in line to go to a club, two single girls with big boobs are going to get in the club before i do

While there is certainly gender-bias in the world, and also distinctly in bouncers letting people into night-clubs, I have never had busty-chicks queue jump me before. However, expecting us to roll over and take this sort of thing in the ass is not productive. It is just allowing the perpetuation of corruption. If the US founding fathers had thought this way, they'd not've set sail for the new world, and the war of independance would never have been fought. Neither would the civil rights movement been formed.

just like if some one makes a death threat at the president then it will get a lot more attention, then if someone makes a death threat at me.

why because i don't have a group of people hired to protect me

If I hired dozens of bodyguards in monkey suits, I still doubt death-threats made on a forum would receive much credibility. Certainly not a lot of legal attention. However, the crime would still be the same (in the UK, the US treats its president differently, however, as I think was pointed out in this thread.)

What about the o.j. situation, do you honestly think that if a bum of the street who had no money was on trial for murder, the trial would last more then a year

It could do, hypothetically. If the nature of the crime was particularly grusome, and thus news worthy, it could take a long time to find an unprejudiced jury. There are numerous loopholes and quirks that can quite unintentionally wrap someone up. The fact that OJ is famous means that finding an unprejudiced jury is much much harder, as everyone knows him to a greater or lesser degree.

then maybee money is the equalizer? I don't know

Viva la communism.

what i was trying to say i think we should be treated equally, but in scoiety we rank certain people over other people so we are not.

So, do we accept that all men are equal, and thus we can compare all men to each other directly, or do we accept to biological fact that some people are born with greater or lesser abilities (Mental faculties, physical dexterity, etc) and thus treating all people as equal is a noble, if misguided, venture? Should stupid people have the vote, considering that they are clearly going to vote stupidly, and even if they vote for the 'right' person, it will be for stupid reasons?

so are you saying that cleaning out ceptic tanks has the same importance as running one of the most powerful nations in the world?

Well, actually that was meant as an insult to you. Not because I dislike or have no respect for you, but merely because you set yourself up so well for the Red Dwarf quote that I couldn't resist. However, this does remind me of another amusing insult which I can translate into a number of languages. "Your country is like a toilet. It doesn't need a president, it just needs someone to flush all the shit away."

Votre pays est comme une toilette. Il n'a pas besoin d'un président, il a besoin de quelqu'un pour vider toute la merde.

Dein Land is wie un Klo. Ihr braucht keinen Prasidenten, sondern nur einen, der die Scheisse wegspult.

Il vostro paese e comme una toletta. Non ha bisogno di un presidente, esso necessita giuste qualcuno di irrigare tutta la merda.

Tu País es como un wáter. No necesita un presient sino alguien que tire de la cadena para que se vaya la mierda.

How is that for equality? I am so postmodern sometimes.

also people on here or saying that bush has killed many inocent civillians, Bush hasn't physically killed anyone, he has told soilders to kill people and they have.

So did Hitler. Was he a hypnotist? Have we learned nothing in the last 50 years? Did Stanley Milgram not discover disturbing psychological facts about conformity and illustrate just how pervasive it can be, thus showing us all that we should be vigilant? Am I living in a strange world where the emperor *is* wearing some invisible clothes that only the intelligent can see?

so it seems like he has some control or influence over people
and people listen to him? well why do they listen to him if his job is no more important then working at mcdonalds?

Mind-control, marketing, money, indoctrination, conformity, jingoism come nationalism dressed up as 'patriotism' and pisspoor schooling.

The emperor IS naked, he is NOT wearing magic clothes, Bush is a moron, and does not automatically deserve more respect than a spotty kid working in McDonalds. Especially as Bush has lost the companies he has worked for more money than a stupid kid who keeps under-charging the patrons and dropping the burgers on the floor.

brooklyndust
09-26-2004, 10:12 PM
checkmate

I will come back with something

when I wan't ......eh I mean want to or when I have time to make up some stuff

brooklyndust
09-27-2004, 05:32 PM
And yet, Bush doesn't deign to export his perfect beautiful democracy (that the muslims so hate, those freedom haters) to them. The US - exporting a faulty and corrupt pseudo-democracy to countries with oil-wealth!

ok what I am trying to say is we here in canada and the us should be thankfull that we have freedom of speech and to speak are mind, a few rules on this message board is not completely taking away your voice,

if you don't make death threats or were not planing to make any death threats then why is this rule bothering you?

Is it because the attention was focoused on the president in the head line?
(explain, im not being a smart ass i like arguing , i learn sometimes, sometimes i ignore)

And if I did that, and everyone left here to go there, thereby making this forum deserted, do you think the administrators would thank you for emptying this board of traffic?

What makes you think EVERYONE would go to your message board? what more do you have to offer? less rules? I best guess is that you would have 10 to 15 ppl jump ship, there are plenty of people on this message board and a lot of them post or read or do both in the politcal forum

the draw to this message board is that everyone is a beastie boys fan, and this is the beastie boys official site, i don't think the administrators would be that worried if you opened your own message board, you can think what you wan't but everyone who is a member is not going to go to theAce 42 message board

yep your right, if you opened your own message board the beastieboys political forum would be no more

Oh, and it is "want" - I don't usually correct spelling errors (due to most of them being perfectly permissible typos, etc) but I can't see why anyone would think it needs to be apostrophised. Even green-grocers wouldn't apostrophise "want"

I am not boasting about having any grammar or spelling skills, in fact I would be the first person to tell you that I suck at spelling and grammar, I apostrophised want, it was a mistake? what does this have to do with anything except you trying to put me down? Make fun of my grammar or spelling all you wan't I am well aware that it sucks

If I hired dozens of bodyguards in monkey suits, I still doubt death-threats made on a forum would receive much credibility. Certainly not a lot of legal attention.

It would all depened on how much you were paying those bodyguards, if you paid them to look out for death threats against you and they found them legal action could take place

also if some one was making death threats against the beastie boys it would have some attention

in fact if some made a death threat towards you it would recive legal attention, what make you think it wouldn't?

It could do, hypothetically. If the nature of the crime was particularly grusome, and thus news worthy, it could take a long time to find an unprejudiced jury. There are numerous loopholes and quirks that can quite unintentionally wrap someone up. The fact that OJ is famous means that finding an unprejudiced jury is much much harder, as everyone knows him to a greater or lesser degree.

what about martha stewart? if a bum of the street was ripping people of or stealing money big money he would not have the same trial as martha stewart or the same as other big buisness peole would? whats the difference between a bank robber stealing money and someone who does it through embezzlement? its still stealing money? and if even if the big buissnes man was proven guillty he still would not go to the same jail as the bank robber? is that fair or equal? the robber has no money the buissness man does, the buissnes man is higher on the food chain in society

So, do we accept that all men are equal, and thus we can compare all men to each other directly, or do we accept to biological fact that some people are born with greater or lesser abilities (Mental faculties, physical dexterity, etc) and thus treating all people as equal is a noble, if misguided, venture? Should stupid people have the vote, considering that they are clearly going to vote stupidly, and even if they vote for the 'right' person, it will be for stupid reasons?

good point

"Your country is like a toilet. It doesn't need a president, it just needs someone to flush all the shit away."

a diss at paul martin? I voted ndp and i think that jack layton instead of flushing shit away would have just cleaned it up!?????? :eek: (!) (lb)

So did Hitler. Was he a hypnotist? Have we learned nothing in the last 50 years? Did Stanley Milgram not discover disturbing psychological facts about conformity and illustrate just how pervasive it can be, thus showing us all that we should be vigilant? Am I living in a strange world where the emperor *is* wearing some invisible clothes that only the intelligent can see?

i was just thinking that in scoiety we like to blame things on people who can not be fully responsible, osma bin ladden was the planner and master mind behind sept 11 but he did not fly any planes into the towers, the highjackers did, just like bush sent troups to iraq but he has not physicaly shot anyone, soilders have. so do soilders or highjackers know right from wrong? do they have there own moral values? or perhaps the president has some mind control? Which makes him a very powerful and important position.

Mind-control, marketing, money, indoctrination, conformity, jingoism come nationalism dressed up as 'patriotism' and pisspoor schooling.

so you agree?

The emperor IS naked, he is NOT wearing magic clothes, Bush is a moron, and does not automatically deserve more respect than a spotty kid working in McDonalds. Especially as Bush has lost the companies he has worked for more money than a stupid kid who keeps under-charging the patrons and dropping the burgers on the floor.

I was never saying he should be respected or was smart, Im just saying the reason why his name is in the title of this thread is because of the position he is in and the power he has,

does he desserve that power? no, I don't think so but does he have it yes

does a celeberity deserve to cut in line at anmusment park no

so then why do i have to wait?

arggggghhhhh i don't know

Ace42
09-27-2004, 08:15 PM
if you don't make death threats or were not planing to make any death threats then why is this rule bothering you?

It doesn't other than for the reasons I have previously outlined.

What makes you think EVERYONE would go to your message board? what more do you have to offer? less rules? I best guess is that you would have 10 to 15 ppl jump ship, there are plenty of people on this message board and a lot of them post or read or do both in the politcal forum

You missed the point. You told everyone who doesn't like this rule to jump ship. Are you trying to say what you meant was "everyone who doesn't like this rule should jump ship, except for some lazy ones because obviously making this place a deserted wasteland would be stupid" ? I was merely calling your bluff. You clearly did not mean that you think everyone who dislikes this (many people clearly) should go elsewhere.

i don't think the administrators would be that worried if you opened your own message board, you can think what you wan't but everyone who is a member is not going to go to theAce 42 message board

yep your right, if you opened your own message board the beastieboys political forum would be no more

You said "so we have a few rules to follow, big fucking deal, if you don't like them (...) then go and make your own message board and then tell me how easy it is to keep track of"

That you is clearly a plural, addressed to everyone. If everyone who dislikes this jumped ship (to their OWN respective boards, or to any individual board created) you would still be responsible for it being deserted. You are the one who proposed this hypoethical course of action, so don't blame me if the logical conclusion to its implementation is ridiculous.

I apostrophised want, it was a mistake? what does this have to do with anything except you trying to put me down? Make fun of my grammar or spelling all you wan't I am well aware that it sucks

Now you know that there is no possible conceivable circumstance for apostrophising "want" you need not do it again, simply thus. If wanted to be pedantic, I would've gone for some other mistakes. However, as I have pointed out elsewhere, the use of the greengrocer's apostrophe is a cardinal sin, and there is NO reason why anyone who has been to school should make this mistake. It is not a mistake you will ever seen in print, it is not a mistake which you could say (like incorrect spelling) "It loks / sounds right." It is not like a poorly constructed sentence with a minor error which might go unnoticed in speech. If anything, it sticks out because you went to the effort of inserting something which is unnecessary. It would be like me randomly inserting exclamation marks in the middle of words. Not using punctuation correctly is one thing, but this is akin to plonking a full stop (period to the Americans here) in the middle of a word.

It would all depened on how much you were paying those bodyguards, if you paid them to look out for death threats against you and they found them legal action could take place

Then they would not be bodyguards, but private-eyes. Also it would depend on the nature of the threats, and numerous other factors. Sucessfully mounting a prosecution would realistically have nothing to do with how many employees (Security or otherwise) under you, and everything to do with the circumstantial merits of the case.

also if some one was making death threats against the beastie boys it would have some attention

On here, maybe. I'd not notice because I only check this forum and not all the threads. In the world at large, no. Lots of celebrities get hate-mail. The fact that we haven't heard about any individual cases only illustrates that it doesn't get attention. Out of the millions of people who are aware of them, I find it hard to believe not one twisted individual has sent a poison-pen letter.

in fact if some made a death threat towards you it would recive legal attention, what make you think it wouldn't?

Experience. Arguing using rational facts has the unpleasant side-effect of making reactionary fools look stupid. Reactionary fools do not like having their stupidity demonstrated to the world, and thus take it personally. This might well make me an inflammatory SOB. Eitherway, I have had death-threats aimed at me before, and it has received no legal attention whatsoever. Why? Because unlike the president, I am not so paranoid that I feel the need to hunt down some lamer on a website who made a rash comment with an exagerrated claim about just how physically manifest their dislike of me is.

what about martha stewart? if a bum of the street was ripping people of or stealing money big money he would not have the same trial as martha stewart or the same as other big buisness peole would? whats the difference between a bank robber stealing money and someone who does it through embezzlement? its still stealing money? and if even if the big buissnes man was proven guillty he still would not go to the same jail as the bank robber? is that fair or equal? the robber has no money the buissness man does, the buissnes man is higher on the food chain in society

I have no idea what you are getting at here, but bank robbers tend to be armed. Armed-robbery is (clearly justified as) a different crime to extortion, fraud, etc. Thus there will be a different sentence, and a different interment in a different facility. Geeky computer-hackers who steal credit cards do not need to be locked up in the same place as escape-artist Hannibal Lecters, and aren't for good reason.

a diss at paul martin?

And Shroeder, and Shirac, etc, etc. Although I thought me prefacing it with "which reminds me of another insult" would illustrate that it was not something I came up with off the cuff.

i was just thinking that in scoiety we like to blame things on people who can not be fully responsible, osma bin ladden was the planner and master mind behind sept 11 but he did not fly any planes into the towers, the highjackers did, just like bush sent troups to iraq but he has not physicaly shot anyone, soilders have. so do soilders or highjackers know right from wrong? do they have there own moral values? or perhaps the president has some mind control? Which makes him a very powerful and important position.

so you agree?

http://psychology.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.new-life.net%2Fmilgram.htm

As Milgram discovered, merely wearing a white coat makes people defer to a stranger and act in an out of character manner. Considering nearly ALL people will obey an authority figure under circumstances like his experiment showed, we can conclude that if people follow it, whilst still wrong to do so, they can be partially absolved of responsibility. This is why German soldiers weren't all tried for war crimes, each and every one of them. However, this excuse (I was just following orders) does not always carry weight. Many many top nazis tried to state that they were "just following orders" and did NOT get away with it. Do you think Adolf Eichmann, Himmler, Heydrich et al should have been treated more leniently? I don't believe a Nazi war-criminal should be let off for using the "if I told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?" defence. You will have to clarify your position if you want more insight into this.

I was never saying he should be respected or was smart, Im just saying the reason why his name is in the title of this thread is because of the position he is in and the power he has

Position yes (Presidents get special treatement in US law) - power? No. If that were the case, someone with as much power or more (someone uber-wealthy for example) would be in his place.

does a celeberity deserve to cut in line at anmusment park? no so then why do i have to wait?

I have never been queue jumped by a celebrity either. I have been queue jumped by disabled people (due to them needing more attention, etc) but I think that is generally fair enough. Celebs tend to go in the back way to venues though, to avoid blocking up the thouroughfare with a group of fans...

brooklyndust
09-27-2004, 08:43 PM
i just have time to respond to a few things I will do the rest tommorow

Position yes (Presidents get special treatement in US law) - power? No. If that were the case, someone with as much power or more (someone uber-wealthy for example) would be in his place.

with the position comes the power, he has the power to tell troups to go invade a country for no reason (as i belive the main reason was because womds) and the troups go ahead and do this, that is having the power persuasion

I know he can't do whatever he want's to but, he still does a lot of decesion making

so your saying the president doesn't have power? do people have the power? the general public didn't get to vote on weather or not they wanted the U.S. to invade Iraq

I have never been queue jumped by a celebrity either. I have been queue jumped by disabled people (due to them needing more attention, etc) but I think that is generally fair enough. Celebs tend to go in the back way to venues though, to avoid blocking up the thouroughfare with a group of fans..

how many line ups have you been in with celebs oh great one?

you don't know this for a fact and etheir do I

the thing is if a cleberty was waiting in line he would be asked if he wanted to move ahead in line, I give exact examples at this moment, but i have read it in biographys, and herd it in interviews that clebs get special treatment

bbeastieboy
09-27-2004, 08:48 PM
i live in canada. the us sucks. bush sucks. geaorge bush sucks. i hate him. who else thinks he sucks?? i know the beastie boys do...

bbeastieboy
09-27-2004, 08:48 PM
george bush** ^

Ace42
09-27-2004, 08:57 PM
that is having the power persuasion

When someone in charge orders someone to do something, it is seldom done because they were persuasive. The president being able to order soldiers what to do is more to do with indoctrination, conformity, etc.

so your saying the president doesn't have power?

If everyone without exception in the world decided not to listen to Bush, not to do anything for him, just ignore him totally, what power would he have? His power comes from a mandate from the masses, his authority is GIVEN to him. In other words, it is not his power per se. It is merely the illusion of power.

do people have the power? the general public didn't get to vote on weather or not they wanted the U.S. to invade Iraq

They do in a number of ways, but due to being weak-minded, weak-willed, selfish, etc, they choose not to exercise these powers. If no soldiers went to Iraq, there would be no invasion. It happened because the soldiers (who are not quantifiably different from members of the public initially) permitted Bush to order them, and went along with it. Also, the public voted de facto by apathy. Do you think Bush is some Stalinist tyrant who is fixed into his dictatorial position? He was not impeached, nor stripped of office (and as Nixon illustrates, it can happen) and thus the people were clearly choosing to support (even indirectly) his invasion of Iraq.

how many line ups have you been in with celebs oh great one?

you don't know this for a fact and etheir do I

the thing is if a cleberty was waiting in line he would be asked if he wanted to move ahead in line, I give exact examples at this moment, but i have read it in biographys, and herd it in interviews that clebs get special treatment

Do you actually have a point? At the moment, it seems that in a vague hypothetical scenario you have chosen to create a celebrity would be approached by some unfixed individual and asked if he wants to cut in. I think that is insane, and totally irrelevant. If a random celebrity WAS recognised in a queue and given preferential treatment, the chances are they'd not move to the front of a queue, but bypass the queue altogether, and as likely as not, bypass getting billed.

I have never, to the best of my recollection, seen in any news article, biography program, movie premier, tabloid exposé, etc, etc seen a bona fide celebrity being recognised enough to receive preferential treatment, and yet not been recognised by enough fans to create a state of confusion enough to warrant getting them out of there so business can return to normal.

brooklyndust
09-28-2004, 03:52 PM
while you bring up good points

you are not right about everything

It takes to much time (that I do not have) to argue over the internet

this is not getting anywhere, but wasting my time, there are alot of other things that need to be done that I am not doing due to this, so I am going to just going to try and get out of this

maybee on the weekend when I have more time to argue I can spend more time

say what you wan't I don't care

Im done for now

Echewta
09-28-2004, 03:55 PM
I don't like the cut of the Presidents jib.

Grasshopper
10-11-2004, 09:21 PM
I don't like the cut of the Presidents jib.

help me with this. verstehe nicht. :eek: :confused:

It sound like GW was'nt circumcised properly.
That would explain a lot.

flava flav
10-16-2004, 11:17 AM
HAY I LIKE BUSH . BICTHES (!)

EF shhhh Hutton
10-21-2004, 08:44 PM
HAY I LIKE BUSH . BICTHES (!)

I'm too lazy to read thru this thread but let me say I agree with you....at least Bush cares. Kerry is a robot.

EN[i]GMA
10-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Neither of them care. They both suck.

ASsman
10-22-2004, 08:15 PM
WTF?

endofmystump
10-30-2004, 10:32 PM
The two party system sucks. Each party dominates and/or incorporates all viewpoints on its respective side. After they have resolved internal opposition, the two sides divide power between them by convincing us to passionately support their compromised positions.

In the meantime, we all fight adamently as they split voting districts so most congressional races are not real competition. Now let's argue about Bush (who as a fiscal conservative myself, I know spends too much money) or Kerry (who marries billionaire women, earns purple hearts although he never once bled, convinces the poor he is for them, and worst of all argues he is a Sox fan when he can't even throw a fucking baseball: anyone see that opening pitch during the Democratic convention?).

Ace42
10-31-2004, 04:25 AM
I can't throw darts, that doesn't mean I'm not an Andy Fordham fan.

chromium05
10-31-2004, 05:31 AM
^^^^ Big up Andy Fordham. Nice bloke with a fantastic mullet and precision throwing arm.

"Settle down, settle in. Best of order, Andy to throw first"

Ace42
10-31-2004, 05:39 AM
And his daughter is fit.

Seriously, Andy Fordham is the reason I got into darts. Was casually watching a match with him in, and every match he plays is always incredibly entertaining. Always right down to the wire, always tension with every throw. Even my house, who were not at all sporty, let alone darty, got addicted to the world championships solely because of Fordham's gaming. We even got motivated to put up my dart board. We then proceeded to fill to door it was hanging on full of holes.

synch
10-31-2004, 05:43 AM
I wish the presidential election was more like a dart match. It would be immensely amusing seeing the first ladies scream profanities at the top of their lungs.

The purple hearts were never claimed by him, they were merely assigned to him.

And the red sox statement? That is soooo besides the point, if fans of a game would have to be able to play the game at a certain level superbowl sunday would receive less coverage than the curling semi final at the regional championships.

Ace42
10-31-2004, 05:56 AM
Hmmm, would you happen to be a Co Stompé fan by any chance? He does a good job of representing the Nederlands.

synch
10-31-2004, 06:01 AM
Not a huge fan of the dutch darters or darts in general, but I enjoy watching a match or two occasionally :)

wavin_goodbye
11-01-2004, 07:18 PM

I recall the RATM board and it wasn't laws were being broken. I think it was just easier to make it go away. I don't know for sure but that's what I heard happened.

although someone may have posted this.. because i didnt read the whole thread, I recall RATM being shut down voluntarily. the band had broken up and after the SS ( :p ) contacted the administrators, i think the management just felt that it would be more convenient to close down.

that was a fucked up board lol . all the porn junkies here would have loved it.

SCBstylee
11-03-2004, 11:51 AM
yeah, i thought liberals were for peace and nonviolence....fucking hypocrites.

sheezymyneezy88
11-03-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm too lazy to read thru this thread but let me say I agree with you....at least Bush cares. Kerry is a robot.

Kerry cared enough to go to Vietnam. Bush cared enough to skip out on the Air National Guard and do much drugs.

ASsman
11-06-2004, 04:12 PM
yeah, i thought liberals were for peace and nonviolence....fucking hypocrites.
I thought you couldn't generalize.

Ali
11-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Kerry cared enough to go to Vietnam. Bush cared enough to skip out on the Air National Guard and do much drugs. He's not all bad, then!

cramlow
01-01-2005, 10:01 PM
3 times then high tailed it out of there and bad mouth those who didn't go. you didn't say a thing about vietnam when your poster boy bill clinton was pres. it was alright then i guess. so whats it going to be in the next election, will it matter then or is it according if your canidate served or not????

ASsman
01-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Yah let's talk about an old ass war. Why skirt the real issues. Like PRESENT wars.

dublirie04
01-14-2005, 12:26 PM
I don't like bush either and I would never threaten my own freedom by fuckin with him. I got way better shit to do then to be questioned by FBI mutha fucka's. I have laundry, coffee to drink, football to watch, snowboardin to teach, and a dog to walk. Damn life is good. (y)

pooperwee
01-16-2005, 04:22 AM
vote for CHARLES WEBSTER BAER for president of the usa in 2008 and 2012 , thank you , charles supports global internet government , livejournal.com/users/charlesbaer

ASsman
01-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Shut the FUCK UP! No one will vote for you stupid little friend, if he was the only goddamn canidate. Moron.

dublirie04
01-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Shut the FUCK UP! No one will vote for you stupid little friend, if he was the only goddamn canidate. Moron.
Assman for President-------------------Syke

DUBLIRIE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I promise to dj the fuck out of DC and to paint the white house green. I would also like to free up the marijuana and make art and music class required of all schools, all grade levels. Now, If elected, I will sell air force one and donate the money to the Fashion Police Foundation. I will replace airforce one with a new canoe. I will not have a personal assistant and there will be no campin at david for me. I will sell camp david and send some kids to the School of Hard Knocks with the money. Other then that, I will just straight up fuck the shit up and flip this bitch of a country 36o. Respect Everytime

Ali
02-03-2005, 05:51 AM
I don't like bush either and I would never threaten my own freedom by fuckin with him. I got way better shit to do then to be questioned by FBI mutha fucka's. I have laundry, coffee to drink, football to watch, snowboardin to teach, and a dog to walk. Damn life is good. (y)looks like you have a huge, reliable stash of Grade A skunk at your disposable BOOYAKASHA!

Karlmarxbrother
02-08-2005, 04:30 AM
Murder intimidation is a abuse of an instance, even that dense individual our government labels commander and chief is not worthy of threat due to the facts hearsay!

George Bush has persons murdered daily with unsympathetic demeanor and does it with every droplet of hierarchal privilege proudly; however, I or anyone else articulates a position of discontent towards that form of discrimination and massacre is chastised; kind of unjust to say the least? There are numerous other imprudent implications regarding this issue (the patriot act being another one of the few) forthcoming!

As if any typical human being could eradicate an individual protected in such a manner anyway? Remembering, that is not a threat to all you paranoid patriarchs.

Our Governments regime is a xenophobic ensemble slowly impeding human rights in this withering nation of suspicion! So ban me if you will but I will say any goddamn thing I feel obligatory, even if I don‘t get to here, it is my amendment right until George Bush erases that, as if he hasn’t already started?

Cool the fuck off people, you’re letting this governments idea’s downpour your thoughts with despair and apprehension!

Orwell said it would come down to this, LMAO!

Sincerely,

Fuck’um

Funkaloyd
02-08-2005, 05:00 AM
Ok.

Now kindly burn your thesaurus.