PDA

View Full Version : PRESALE INFORMATION!

BeastieBoys.com
08-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Some info for y'all:

- Presale links are all on the tour page.

- Passwords and links will be sent ONLY through "Alright Read This", the official Beastie Boys mailing list. 'ALRIGHT READ THIS' WILL GENERALLY GO OUT TUESDAYS BEFORE THURSDAY PRESALES. Passwords posted on this board will result in that member getting on our bad side. More importantly it means they'll have their account shut down. First offense is a week. 2 strikes and you're out for good.

- Do not post asking for presale info. Do not PM admins or mods for it. There is too much "i didn't sign up until too late" type requests. The info going out in newsletters is exclusive to those of you on the mailing list. If you didn't get it, you are out of luck, officially. Do not post requests on this board. They will be deleted. If you are worried about not getting the emails, sign up several times with different email addresses and make sure your spam settings are filtering out the newsletters.

- Pre-sales are internet-only unless otherwise noted.

- We MAY shut down the bbs during the first few hours of the presales, because many fans panic (not any of you of course), because they haven't planned ahead, and then they flood the site/board which results in server errors which makes the server grind to a halt.

- Registering with Ticketmaster before a presale will give you priority with presale tickets when the presales begin, so DO IT NOW to avoid any potential delays/problems etc! https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/login.

- Be prepared for it to be a mess, it always is. Have patience. Double your luck, sign up with whatever radio station is also doing a presale.

- If we think of more helpful tips, we'll post em here.

wavin_goodbye
08-04-2004, 03:54 PM
is there a limit to the amount of tickets sold in presale?

BeastieBoys.com
08-05-2004, 01:27 AM
is there a limit to the amount of tickets sold in presale?

Yes, I think there is. I think it MAY be 4.

tpk
08-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Yes, I think there is. I think it MAY be 4.i think he was wondering overall limit and not per person. though i could be wrong.

redrider
08-05-2004, 01:32 AM
i think he means in total..well if he doesnt, i still wanna know..thank you!

peace
dave

Lady Aphex
08-05-2004, 04:03 AM
The link in from the newsletter email states "TICKET LIMIT IS 8 PER PERSON," I didn't see anything about a cap on the total amount of presale tickets though.

Now I have a question, a bunch of folks sent me messages (I got all excited thinking I was popular) asking me for the password, is it alright to give it out in an IM?

I'm going back to sleep for a bit, seven hours until the tickets go on sale. ;)

wavin_goodbye
08-05-2004, 10:24 AM
i think he was wondering overall limit and not per person. though i could be wrong.

yah thats what i was wondering

BeastieBoys.com
08-05-2004, 11:02 AM
The link in from the newsletter email states "TICKET LIMIT IS 8 PER PERSON," I didn't see anything about a cap on the total amount of presale tickets though.

Now I have a question, a bunch of folks sent me messages (I got all excited thinking I was popular) asking me for the password, is it alright to give it out in an IM?

I'm going back to sleep for a bit, seven hours until the tickets go on sale. ;)

Well, honestly, I'd prefer not. See, you join the newsletter, you get stuff in return for letting us spam you all the time. This is a perk that we'd like to be reserved for those of you on the list.

However, if you are on this message board, you are automatically subscribed to the list regardless, so if someone is already registered, then I guess it wouldn't be terrible for you to PM them. However, a lot of people come on once just to get the password, then never return.

If you want to give your fellow Alright Read This subscribers the upperhand on tickets, let's keep the password on the DL.

Thanks

wavin_goodbye
08-05-2004, 12:44 PM
do you know anything my question?

BeastieBoys.com
08-05-2004, 12:46 PM
do you know anything my question?

No, sorry.

EDIT: Check out my response below, found the answer to this, although still don't have an exact number for you.

Lady Aphex
08-05-2004, 03:44 PM
^^^Thanks for the answer.

A tip for those that missed out on the Beastie Boys newsletter; sign up for you local radio stations newsletter (I also got a password from them) I, personally don't even listen to the station, but their newsletters always include passwords to presales of shows they're sponsoring, it's no trouble to delete it if it is not of interest.

Haha, I got floor seats, w00t!

RobbieFresh
08-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Hey Mr./Ms. AdministatorAdministrator

I just tried to order presale for Red Rocks. Thanks for the password, but it aint working. Do you know if presale is sold out for Red Rocks allready. If so, damn! If not, do you know why ticketmaster is giving me a "sorry your request didn't allow us to sell you tickets" message.

I'm not panicking, just trying to plan.

peace

RobbieFresh
08-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Hey Mr./Ms. Administrator

I just tried to order presale for Red Rocks. Thanks for the password, but it aint working. Do you know if presale is sold out for Red Rocks allready. If so, damn! If not, do you know why ticketmaster is giving me a "sorry your request didn't allow us to sell you tickets" message.

I'm not panicking, just trying to plan.

peacehttp://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/imageshttp://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/images/icons/icon14.gif/icons/icon8.gifhttp://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/images/icons/icon11.gif

beesteagirl
08-06-2004, 09:47 AM
All you people who've posted tickets on ebay (TICKETS THAT ARE PRESALE!!!). You are screwed individuals!!!

I am a huge fan and was completely unable to purchase tickets for the Red Rocks show-- where I live. I'm bitter right now and will take the time to go calm down. But know that I wish a pestilence on your homes.

Beesteagirl

Amazed
08-07-2004, 02:09 PM
I'm not the administrator, but I can tell you that all the pre-sale tix for Red Rocks are gone. But don't fret, only a certain percent of the venue was designated for pre-sale. In other words, there are still tix. You should be able to order some when the show goes on public sale on Saturday. See Tixmaster site for details.

Good luck!

-Miramanee

That has to be the dumbest thing I ever Read!

Pre sale is just like a regular day. they don't release only a few!

The only way extra tickets become available is through the promoter or ticket cancelations.

One more thing Ticketmaster doesnt give a fuck about ticket scalpers nor do the police. I found that out during the NHL playoffs it is illegal to sell tickets for events in alberta above face value but 100's of flames tickets were scalped all over.

All ticketmaster cares about is the $10 they make off every ticket.
Now thats criminal!

BeastieBoys.com
08-13-2004, 03:46 PM

Whoa cowboy, hold off on slamming people until you have the right answer. Our presale tickets are indeed capped at a certain amount, and CAN sell out before the regular on sale starts. You CAN also find better tickets on Ticketmaster the first few minutes of the public on sale vs. the last few minutes of the bboys.com presale. We get a percentage of overall seating, so the best seats go first in the presale, the worst seats go last. Same with the public onsale, so it's entirely possible to get better seats through the public onsale if you weren't on the ball for the bboys.com presale.

pea
08-20-2004, 04:32 PM
I've never went through presale to get tickets in the past. So I was wondering, can you also go to a ticketmaster location and use the password there? Doing it online seems to be a mess from what I've been hearing. :confused:

Just wondering, as I will be trying to get tickets for the MSG show.

Holz
08-20-2004, 05:06 PM

The only way extra tickets become available is through the promoter or ticket cancelations.

actually, i've had much luck getting great seats to shows and sporting events by logging on to ticketmaster.com a few days before the event. until the ticket link says "currently not on sale", ticketmaster will release more tix every so often!

Space
08-20-2004, 08:33 PM
the wristbands messed me up.

LMO
08-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Hey i signed up for the newsletter but i have not received a password yet for the presale for new york city concert. HELP!!!!!

Jenhussey
08-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Hey i signed up for the newsletter but i have not received a password yet for the presale for new york city concert. HELP!!!!!

Haven't gotten mine either starting to freak a little...I want to take my 9 & 16 yrs old !!!

undone46n2
08-25-2004, 05:47 AM
i heard that for the philly one that they changed the password last minute...

good luck all

Duce
08-26-2004, 09:19 AM
I tried to get some for Dallas, about 15min after 10 and I couldn't get the floor general admission. That sucks.
Had a similar problem with Austin but I'm not sure what time I tried, however, it seemed too quick.

RUBen1off
08-26-2004, 02:07 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=2265392929&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

That made me laugh.

SNK of 404
08-26-2004, 02:40 PM
I tried to reserve some tickets for the DC show, but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

erock
08-26-2004, 03:30 PM
this might be a stupid question
but,

how come when i click on the presale link that i got in the last newsletter for the fairfax show, it just leads to a simple webpage giving info about the concert.
it doesn't have any links about buying the presale tickets and doesnt ask for a password. i have registered on ticketmaster and tried the link many times.
what am i doing wrong??

SNK of 404
08-27-2004, 06:50 AM
It's at the bottom of the page. I've been trying since noon yesterday, and every single time, it won't let me do it. I even called my sister in VA to try, and she couldn't get it to work either.

NicRN77
09-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Admins-

The Worcester presale is supposed to be tomorrow AM and I have yet to receive the newsletter with the password. Any info as to when it may be sent out?

Gibro
09-13-2004, 05:19 PM
yea me neither.

msh
09-13-2004, 06:21 PM
i still have not recieved the email, if anyone has let me know!

jennyjen
09-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Dood, the pre-sale for Worcester starts tomorrow, and I haven't received the e-mail with pre-sale info!!! I've been subscriber to the mailing list for a couple months. What's going on? :confused:

jennyb
09-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Hey What's up with the Madison Show!!!??? I think I saw the public onsale is this coming saturday the 18th, here it is ... tuesday and no pre-sale notices???

Documad
09-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Also, does anyone know if they're coming to Minneapolis/St. Paul, or do I have to figure out how to get to Madison in the middle of a work week?

Downlow09
09-14-2004, 04:58 PM
I have not recieved an email about pre-sales for madison either??? I really want floor seats!

Happyrunr
09-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Also, does anyone know if they're coming to Minneapolis/St. Paul, or do I have to figure out how to get to Madison in the middle of a work week?

I second that- can you just give us a hint? I will be bringing my 13 year old daughter (yes, I lost a bet) and would rather see them in my hometown, instead of out of town on a school night (wa wa-yes I know). But it would be helpful to know!

beastiemom
09-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know if presale tickets are only available for floor/general admission seats?

EricKamikaze
09-15-2004, 03:51 PM
I have been a long time lurker and new poster on here and Very Long time Beastie listener and fan

Is the Pre Sale working correctly, with the password? I will be buying tickets for the Detroit Show , on Thursday morning, as long as it works .

how has pre sale been goign for everyone?

SixFt12
09-15-2004, 07:24 PM
I missed Tuesday's "Alright Read This" because I just signed up today. Is there any way for me to get the password for tomorrows pre-sale for the concert at Cobo? I would have signed up sooner if I had known sooner. Please!!??? I'm a huge Beasties freak and I've been waiting for them to come to town for years!

Betty_808
09-15-2004, 07:36 PM
as of right now there are three presale passwords that i know of floating around for the Ottawa show...i have no idea why there's three though!?!?
i got one in the newsletter and two different ppl with two different passwords have said they got them off the radiostation that's putting on the concert
very confusing!

TheTriXx
09-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Alright...

I'm not to familliar with the Pre-sale low down's...I'm going for the Toronto show tickets that go on sale tomorrow. I'm a little slow if this Message doesn't say it all..but do we get to choose the location of our seats when we order...or is it a best seat available type deal? Is the whole floor general admission?
I just want to know what to expect tomorrow when I GO FOR THE "goodstuff" (y)

Daisy
09-15-2004, 07:40 PM
I missed Tuesday's "Alright Read This" because I just signed up today. Is there any way for me to get the password for tomorrows pre-sale for the concert at Cobo? I would have signed up sooner if I had known sooner. Please!!??? I'm a huge Beasties freak and I've been waiting for them to come to town for years!

How did you know there was a newsletter sent out?

crimson_joel
09-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Same! If anyone can hook up the pre-sale password I would be forever greatful! crimson_band@hotmail.com

Daisy
09-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Alright...

I'm not to familliar with the Pre-sale low down's...I'm going for the Toronto show tickets that go on sale tomorrow. I'm a little slow if this Message doesn't say it all..but do we get to choose the location of our seats when we order...or is it a best seat available type deal? Is the whole floor general admission?
I just want to know what to expect tomorrow when I GO FOR THE "goodstuff" (y)

You get whatever the venue has available. When I pre-saled the San Francisco concert I got General Admission because that was all they had. The Bill Grahm Civic is GA.

Daisy
09-15-2004, 07:44 PM
as of right now there are three presale passwords that i know of floating around for the Ottawa show...i have no idea why there's three though!?!?
i got one in the newsletter and two different ppl with two different passwords have said they got them off the radiostation that's putting on the concert
very confusing!

They all have their own passwords. Pick one. :)

Betty_808
09-15-2004, 07:55 PM
ah....hehe well then! that clears it up...
i already have my tix ordered though (braggity brag :P) so i'll let my friends know that...thnx

SixFt12
09-15-2004, 08:07 PM
How did you know there was a newsletter sent out?
I read somewhere earlier that those newsletters are always sent out on the Tuesday before the pre-sale. Very sorry I missed it if that's correct. Please help!

crimson_joel
09-15-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm looking for the presale for the Ottawa show on Nov 10...plz...and thank you...

Qdrop
09-17-2004, 07:09 AM
OK.....got my tickets presale for the Toronto show.....best i could get was 3rd tier....308, row 15......

NOT too good.....
however, my buddy tells me that, according to ticketmaster, they start "random pickings" for general admission tickets the first day of public sale.....he's not positive what this means, but it apparently is one of 2 things...
#1: you can't necessarily just get general admission (floor) tickets...you have to be randomly picked.....so when you select that option when you order, you may or may not get them....even if they are available........and if you buy other seats, you can get randomly picked or "upgraded" to floor seating later on.

#2 : general admissin/floor is first come, first serve at the door......you show your ticket and start running.

what i do know is that you cannot simply get general admission floor seats at will.......you gotta get lucky.

if any one knows more....please share.....

Qdrop
09-17-2004, 07:20 AM
did some research at Ticketmaster Canada:

General Admission refers to seating or standing areas that are not assigned or reserved, and are occupied on a first-come, first-served basis. When purchasing tickets for a General Admission event, you may be quoted section, row, and seat numbers, however these are for inventory purposes only and do not reflect any actual seating location.

so, no matter what tickets you got for what section....if you get there early...you get to be on the floor....

SO GET YOUR ASS TO THE DOOR AS EARLY AS YOU CAN....BRING SOME DINNER!

dkasmier
09-17-2004, 07:25 AM
I missed the pre-sale password for the Detroit show. Is there any way i can get it now? I just signed up for newsletters and I am sure it went out with the password before I signed up for it. How can I get the pre-sale password? I would like to buy the tix today...

thanks.

bgirl13
09-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Some info for y'all:

- Passwords will be sent ONLY through "Alright Read This", the official Beastie Boys mailing list. 'ALRIGHT READ THIS' WILL GENERALLY GO OUT TUESDAYS BEFORE THURSDAY PRESALES. Passwords posted on this board will result in that member getting on our bad side. More importantly it means they'll have their account shut down. First offense is a week. 2 strikes and you're out for good.

- We MAY shut down the bbs during the first few hours of the presales, because many fans panic (not any of you of course), because they haven't planned ahead, and then they flood the site/board which results in server errors which makes the server grind to a halt.

- Registering with Ticketmaster before a presale will give you priority with presale tickets when the presales begin, so DO IT NOW to avoid any potential delays/problems etc! https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/login.

- Be prepared for it to be a mess, it always is. Have patience. Double your luck, sign up with whatever radio station is also doing a presale.

:mad: Just thought you may like to know that 89X the Alternative Rock station in Detroit announced to everyone on the air today that pres sale tickets were still available through Ticketmaster.com, and the 89x website, and then proceeded to reveal the password Brooklyn??!! I thought this password was for fan club members only.

mactavish
09-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Qdrop

No idea what your talking about, I picked up my tickets today for the ACC. I got FLOOR 1 section tickets.

I've been to the ACC many times, if you have SEAT tickets other than GA then your are NOT going to ba able to get to the floor - good luck trying though.

I know the girl at the store that issued the tickets has FLOOR 2 so there may even be sections within the GA to split up the crowd a little. This is Canada so it's the type of thing they could try to avoid crown congestion.

wavin_goodbye
09-21-2004, 02:42 PM
montreal presale??

vmolitor
09-22-2004, 01:47 PM
ok - I've signed up to get the newsletter, but it's Wed and the presale is tomorrow and I'm guessing I missed the Tues newsletter with the password. Anything I can do from here? Thanks!

marleyfurr
09-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi all, long time Beastie lover looking for some help w/presale in Chicago, IL, please! I just heard about the show two days ago. I really appreciate your help.

I have both presale passwords from the newsletter AND from my local radio station q101.

Which do you think will offer the best seats? The newsletter password or the radio station? For other shows I know radio and fan clubs are given different sections to sell, so who do you think has the better section to offer?

paul jones
09-23-2004, 05:59 AM
Some info for y'all:

- Passwords and links will be sent ONLY through "Alright Read This", the official Beastie Boys mailing list. 'ALRIGHT READ THIS' WILL GENERALLY GO OUT TUESDAYS BEFORE THURSDAY PRESALES. Passwords posted on this board will result in that member getting on our bad side. More importantly it means they'll have their account shut down. First offense is a week. 2 strikes and you're out for good.

- Do not post asking for presale info. Do not PM admins or mods for it. There is too much "i didn't sign up until too late" type requests. The info going out in newsletters is exclusive to those of you on the mailing list. If you didn't get it, you are out of luck, officially. Do not post requests on this board. They will be deleted. If you are worried about not getting the emails, sign up several times with different email addresses and make sure your spam settings are filtering out the newsletters.

- Pre-sales are internet-only unless otherwise noted.

paul jones
09-23-2004, 06:00 AM
got my ticket yesterday through the pre-pay and so I would like to thank all at beastieboys.com for this

I will buy you drinks if you get to Wembley (y)