PDA

View Full Version : Dave Grohl supports John Kerry

Daisy
08-04-2004, 10:31 PM
You may or may not care, but Dave was there in Milwaukee on Monday and he is going to be in St. Louis tomorrow to support Mr. Kerry.

Kerry Blog (http://blog.johnkerry.com/blog/archives/002329.html#002329)

Dave Grohl will be appearing at the K/E Rally tomorrow in Saint Louis. It's at Union Station, which is at 18th and Market in downtown Saint Louis. Doors open at 10:30, Dave's on at 11, and Kerry's on at 11:30. The rally is free and open to the public.

bilbo
08-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Dave is great!

Daisy
08-04-2004, 10:34 PM
I never knew him to be so politically minded. I think it's pretty cool he's doing this. (y)

bilbo
08-04-2004, 10:38 PM
I didn't either, but my younger brother(who lives in Milwaukee) let me know he was a Kerry supporter.

bilbo
08-04-2004, 10:52 PM
On an unrelated note, the Boss is not a fan of Smirk.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/05/opinion/05bruce.html

I don't think John Kerry and John Edwards have all the answers. I do believe they are sincerely interested in asking the right questions and working their way toward honest solutions. They understand that we need an administration that places a priority on fairness, curiosity, openness, humility, concern for all America's citizens, courage and faith.

People have different notions of these values, and they live them out in different ways. I've tried to sing about some of them in my songs. But I have my own ideas about what they mean, too. That is why I plan to join with many fellow artists, including the Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam, R.E.M., the Dixie Chicks, Jurassic 5, James Taylor and Jackson Browne, in touring the country this October. We will be performing under the umbrella of a new group called Vote for Change. Our goal is to change the direction of the government and change the current administration come November.

bilbo
08-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Springsteen on Nightline (http://www.dhpbear.com/PoliticalRants/2004-08-04-BruceSpringsteen-Nightline.mp3)

DroppinScience
08-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Ah, I love Springsteen. :D

Nothing like the Boss to give a big bitchslap to Bush.

TheWedge
08-05-2004, 02:03 PM
I JUST got back from the St. Louis Kerry rally.
Unfortunatley, I missed Grohl. :(
I snuck out of work and shouldn't have been there anyway, so I'm just happy to have attended and made it back before anyone important noticed.
:D
I did get to see Gephardt, Edwards, and Kerry speak, which is what I wanted.
Have y'all heard?
HELP IS ON THE WAY!!

dee_bee_76
08-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Always been a big fan of Dave's, and this is pretty cool to read/hear. Thanks for posting it, Daisy!

LIMERICKFILE
08-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Dave and Kerry were in Dubuque, IA a couple days ago, and that was incredible.

Dave's best statement pertaining to why he was there, was the fact that the country he lives in is so incredible, in that he gets to do what he does.

mcaismyhero
08-05-2004, 09:07 PM
I never knew him to be so politically minded. I think it's pretty cool he's doing this. (y)

The Foo are gonna be on the new Rock Against Bush album.

N. Hornblower
08-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Ah, I love Springsteen. Nothing like the Boss to give a big bitchslap to Bush.

Oh yeah, he really TOLD HIM. I'm sure Bush's ASS is sore right now. :rolleyes:

Entertainers are liberals and largely UNION.

And Springsteen supposedly represents the working man..(read: Blue Collar and UNION)

So it seems natural for him to embrace a grassroots effort like the "Vote for Change" and support the lower and middle class and try to influence these swing states where the voters are predominately made of these people.

It has been his lifelong work and has ironically put him in the upper income of society by the way..(weird, huh? he supposedly represents the working man and he has made MILLIONS off of them..yeah, yeah, he donates $$ and volunteers to help low income middle class projects but still, he is a MILLIONARE...he could care less about his image now)

Maybe Springsteen has the abilty to institute the change this country needs!! :eek: :rolleyes: Springsteen for President!!!

I prefer entertainers to do what they do best and that is to entertain. I don't find entertainers pretending to be politicians very entertaining.

Besides, he said he doesn't think that Kerry and Edwards have all the answers, he just wants a fresh set of ears and eyes running our country. I can respect that opnion but frankly. I can agree with him halfway: it ain't Kerry and Edwards that have the answers.. (n)

...Steps down from soapbox

bilbo
08-05-2004, 09:32 PM
I prefer entertainers to do what they do best and that is to entertain. I don't find entertainers pretending to be politicians very entertaining.

Are entertainers not allowed to have an opinion?

mcaismyhero
08-05-2004, 09:38 PM

Yeah, you're an idiot. I don't agree with everything that the liberal entertainers say but its better to have them sing about polotics and have their own opinion than it is to have a million rappers running around singing about nothing except bitches, gangsatas, hos, and rims on thier escallades (yes, I realize this is a vast generalization. Screw you). In fact, I may just go to the concert that is coming to Ann Arbor so that I can see REM.

bilbo
08-05-2004, 09:42 PM
singing about nothing except bitches, gangsatas, hos, and rims on thier escallades.

You mean like this? (http://www.daddydesign.com/Barney.html)

Tone Capone
08-05-2004, 09:45 PM
It must be rough to be the drummer of the Foo Fighters...
I know as a drummer, if a guitarist or singer or ANYONE stopped the song and said "Hey drums! You're not playing it right" or something like that (it's never happened to me) I would be PISSED!! but, in the Foo Fighters, the lead singer is an outrageous drummer. That dude's got to be nervous all the time.

mcaismyhero
08-05-2004, 09:45 PM
You mean like this? (http://www.daddydesign.com/Barney.html)

LOL! That is the FUNNIEST thing I have seen in a long time.

mcaismyhero
08-05-2004, 09:46 PM
It must be rough to be the drummer of the Foo Fighters...
I know as a drummer, if a guitarist or singer or ANYONE stopped the song and said "Hey drums! You're not playing it right" or something like that (it's never happened to me) I would be PISSED!! but, in the Foo Fighters, the lead singer is an outrageous drummer. That dude's got to be nervous all the time.

Tyler Hawkins is no Dave, but he is a pretty fucking good drummer himself. Low has got some great drumming.

Tone Capone
08-05-2004, 09:54 PM
eh...
You know who is an OUTSTANDING drummer?
Carter Beauford.

mcaismyhero
08-05-2004, 09:56 PM
^^^Who is Carter Beauford, if I may ask?

Tone Capone
08-05-2004, 10:02 PM
^^^Who is Carter Beauford, if I may ask?

The drummer for Dave Matthew's Band.

He's probably the best drummer I can think of.

mcaismyhero
08-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Dave Matthews? Meh. Nevermind.

(I think that Grohl is the best drummer around right now. Maybe the next Bonham.)

Tone Capone
08-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Dave Matthews? Meh. Nevermind.

(I think that Grohl is the best drummer around right now. Maybe the next Bonham.)

You gotta hear Carter Beauford. You don't have to even like Dave... Lord knows I didn't at first, but the drumming got my respect right away.

mcaismyhero
08-05-2004, 10:18 PM
You gotta hear Carter Beauford. You don't have to even like Dave... Lord knows I didn't at first, but the drumming got my respect right away.

OK I will. Yeah, Dave Matthews is not my favorite.

N. Hornblower
08-11-2004, 07:56 AM
Are entertainers not allowed to have an opinion?

Of course they are. They just risk alienating their fan base when they speak out about one particular politician that they support. Thankfully, Springsteen isn't saying that Kerry and Edwards are the guys for the job either.(Which is really just his way of "saving face".)

Yeah, you're an idiot. Very nice. Moderators allow posters to basically call someone a name here? Okay then. YOU ARE A MORON. :cool:

I don't agree with everything that the liberal entertainers say but its better to have them sing about polotics and have their own opinion than it is to have a million rappers running around singing about nothing except bitches, gangsatas, hos, and rims on thier escallades

Okay, great example of your opinion here. Now, If I don't agree with it, would I call you an idiot??!

Why you hating people that you never met
Didn't your mama teach you to show some respect?
Why not open your mind for a sec?

And learn to spell, too.

100% ILL
08-11-2004, 08:09 AM
I think it's wonderful that Dave Grohl supports John Kerry. After all you know Entertainers are the "heart and soul of America"

and Horneblower don't worry about that MCAismyhero guy. The other day he said that Benjamine Franklin was a douchebag. So ask yourself who's the real idiot?