PDA

View Full Version : Question about Red Rocks Venue..

mandabelle
08-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Hi All!

First of all I just have to say I am STOKED for this show! My boyfriend and I are new to Colorado though and this will be our first show at Red Rocks!

How big is the venue? We opted for reserved seating and are in Row 43, is that decent or are we really far away? Not that it's a big deal if they aren't too great- I'm just excited to see the boys live it's been a while-last time was Coachella... :)

Mustangjen808
08-05-2004, 06:28 PM
what up, as a native I can tell you all you need to know. Ronw 43 is good seats,pretty much all the seats at red rocks are awesome just becuase you get a really sweet view of the whole city from up there. I have spent many many days chillin and red rocks(concerts,non concerts,just chillin,movies,its sweet)
I can safely say that you are going to have a kick ass time,and hey at least get to see one of the greates things this city has to offer,the mountains at night plus the BBoys,hell yeah

mandabelle
08-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the great information. It's gonna be a great show. We actually are thinking about going to the Ani DiFranco show tomorrow night so Beastie Boys may end up being our second show there....

Mustangjen808
08-06-2004, 10:50 AM
when did pre-sales sell out?? That is so awesome,this is going to be a kick ass show

mn laker
08-06-2004, 12:48 PM
you know how they say football players have a hard time at mile high with the altitude? well red rocks is a even higher altitude so the air is a little thinner, so be careful when you start slammin beers and puffin joints. i saw ween and the D there a few years ago and took some molly, smoked some hooties and drank fat tire like no tommorow

my buddy found me sprawled out with a missing left shoe halfway through the show

Miss_miner
08-06-2004, 03:32 PM
The first few rows of GA belong to the record company, so the closest you can get to the stage with a GA tix is about where the mix box is located, which is row 6 or 7.

-Miramanee

I bought GA tickets- I am hard like that. :cool:

When I look at the seating chart on ticketmaster.com it only shows row 2 being reserved- aside from the reserved section . . . . . .are rows 1-6 really for the record company? I have never seen the first few rows being reserved like that and I have seen a lot of shows at Red Rocks.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks
D

randyrad
08-07-2004, 08:43 AM
5. Because of the bleacher seating, people like to try to get away with sitting where they're not supposed to. Expect to tell someone with a GA tix to get out of your seat if you have a reserved one. With a smile on your face, tell 'em, "Nice try."

too true!

mandabelle
08-07-2004, 10:02 AM
So I went to Red Rocks last night for Ani DiFranco. And I must say-whatta venue! Miramanee, you were right-artist do become inspired! After the first song Ani went into a little school girl taunt saying "I love my job, I love my job" and then went on to just gush over what she was looking out at...it was actually the best show I have ever seen of hers and I have seen her many times... Those steps to get up there though---yeesh I dont' think I have to go to the gym for couple of days...

Anyways, I have a well, ettiquette question regarding seating...is it OK for someone who has reserved seating to go early and grab close general admin seating, or is that wrong? My thought is I may try and go early and get the general admin seating...and if there is nothing great just head up to my seats...either way, it's going to be a great show, I would just like to be close if possible...;)

Mustangjen808
08-07-2004, 11:18 AM
like stated before there is this huge rail between the seats and the rows,so that kinda sucks

Mustangjen808
08-07-2004, 03:36 PM
I just heard that tickets for the Red Rocks show has been sold out....Hey minton/tpk/daisy,is this true???

mandabelle
08-07-2004, 06:09 PM
I just heard that tickets for the Red Rocks show has been sold out....Hey minton/tpk/daisy,is this true???

I may not any of the peeps you just mentioned, but I can tell you yes, it's true, the show is sold out! It's going to be an AMAZING show!! (y)

Mustangjen808
08-08-2004, 08:46 AM
the peeps I mentioned are the admins here at BBMB,if its true they will know.
My friend called ticketmster yesterday at like 10:10am mst and was told they sold out within the first 8 mins.
That kicks ass

mandabelle
08-08-2004, 10:21 AM
the peeps I mentioned are the admins here at BBMB,if its true they will know.

Yeah I know who they are-I was trying to be clever-doesn't always work when you are reading it instead of hearing inflection...ah well. :rolleyes:

The reason I know it sold out is a coworker of mine waited in line at a Foley's-got there at 6am or so and there was already a decent line. It sold out before he could purchase them and he said that five minutes after the office opened they told them it was sold out. WOW.

I haven't been this excited for a show in ages....can't wait!

DandyFop
08-08-2004, 12:45 PM
OH balls. I really want to go but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it. I should have just bought the damn ticket and then sold it if I couldn't go.

I'm so sad now :(

POMP
08-09-2004, 05:16 AM
Here's more proof that it's sold out:

http://www.ktcl.com/concerts/index.html#beastie