PDA

View Full Version : VooDoo Music Experience

rellim311
08-06-2004, 01:08 PM
Is anyone going to come down to New Orleans for this? I can't wait, I have always wanted to seem them play but have never been able to catch a show. Should be pretty cool. Do you think Mix Master Mike will play alone in the DJ tent? My gues is no, but I'm sure he can out do all of those other guys. All of the dates and what not are on this site:

http://voodoo.neworleans.com/

Pootytang
08-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Mix Master Mike is listed as an independent guest. He is listed to play the Sat of the fest.

I am going and look forward to a day filled with GREAT music. This will be my 3rd time to see the Beastie Boys and 2nd Time to see MMM doing his DJ thing.

I just clicked you link. Click HERE (http://www.voodoomusicfest.com/home.htm) This the official site for VooDoo fest. Much better info.

YoungRemy
08-06-2004, 03:48 PM
my boy in houston just picked up our tickets.

i am flying into new orleans and meeting my friends there, its gonna be a wicked weekend.

rellim311
08-09-2004, 03:41 PM
That should be pretty cool, does he play solo alot? Should be a standout in the DJ tent.

Hypestyle
08-09-2004, 05:11 PM
The BEASTIE BOYS, KID ROCK, GREEN DAY, the PIXIES, SONIC YOUTH, the POLYPHONIC SPREE, VELVET REVOLVER and A TRIBE CALLED QUEST will perform at the Voodoo Music Festival, set for October 16th and 17th in New Orleans . . . DESTINY'S CHILD, ELTON JOHN, LENNY KRAVITZ, MARY J. BLIGE and TOBY KEITH will perform at the National Football League's Opening Kickoff event, to be televised live on ABC on September 9th . . . FRANZ FERDINAND will kick off a twelve-date tour on September 9th in New York . . . "The Very Best of MACY GRAY" will be released on September 7th. The set will include a new song "Love Is Gonna Get Ya" . .

My question is, will there be beef with the Beasties and Kid Rock? ever since the Beasties have gone Left, and Kid Rock doesn't really have a problem with Bush and company... :D

Pootytang
08-09-2004, 05:17 PM
A Tribe Called Quest is no longer on the bill due to some bullshit. I am not even going to get started on that shit right this moment. All I can say is FUCK QTIP.

As far as Beastie Boys and Kid Crotch getting along. I don't even think we will have to worry about that. Beastie's play Sat. and Crotch plays Sun.

I have 2 day tickets but I am thinking about saying fuck sunday, I am going to the Saints game. It all depends on the group I am bringing with me wants to do. I am considerate like that.

dansemy
08-11-2004, 12:14 PM
I'll be there. I'm psyched to see the Pixies as well...

Hypestyle
08-11-2004, 05:56 PM
A Tribe Called Quest is no longer on the bill due to some bullshit. I am not even going to get started on that shit right this moment. All I can say is FUCK QTIP.

As far as Beastie Boys and Kid Crotch getting along. I don't even think we will have to worry about that. Beastie's play Sat. and Crotch plays Sun.

I have 2 day tickets but I am thinking about saying fuck sunday, I am going to the Saints game. It all depends on the group I am bringing with me wants to do. I am considerate like that.

so what happened? why is Q-Tip singled out here?

Pootytang
08-11-2004, 06:19 PM
He has been quoted as saying that he had more important things to take care of is why he is being singled out.

rellim311
08-17-2004, 07:19 AM
Has anyone found any cheap hotel rooms yet? I hear they are booking up quick. I still looking, i'll post any deals that I can find, if any. If anyone else finds something post here for everyone else. We should start an unofficial Beastie Boys party group and go down to the quarter.

dave
08-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Has anyone found any cheap hotel rooms yet? I hear they are booking up quick. I still looking, i'll post any deals that I can find, if any. If anyone else finds something post here for everyone else. We should start an unofficial Beastie Boys party group and go down to the quarter.

Sounds like a good time. I'm thinkin' about seeing them in PA, GA, and then VOODOO. Speaking of which, if ya'll would be so kind as to mention my VOODOO ID # 2045 when buying tix I would be ever so greatful. By doing so you help me earn credit. If i get 20 credits then i recieve 2 VIP passes for each day. But regardless of how much credit i earn i still must buy a tix. But if i get this pass not only will i be able to see (i'm only five3) i will give away my extras b/c i will not be going to the sunday show. Also i plan to record this fest, so i'll hook up all those lovely people who help me. Check out my other thread "3 nights of the BBoys in one week. Lets DO IT, DO IT!", if you want to get down.

Power to the Peaceful!

V00D00
09-05-2004, 06:30 PM
THE BEASTIE BOYS LIVE IN THE VOODOO MUSIC EXPERIENCE IN NEW ORLEANS THIS OCT 16 & 17

YEAH !! THE BEASTIE BOYS LIVE IN NEW ORLEANS AT THE VOODOO with the the pixies, Mix Master Mike, green day, sonic youth, velvet revolver, cypress hill, paul van dyk, kid rock, the killers, and much more !! CHECK THE PAGE www.voodoomusicfest.com

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW AT TICKETMASTER AND PUT THE STREET TEAM CODE: 2277

Laver1969
09-14-2004, 08:53 PM
WOOHOO!!! I just booked my trip to new orleans!!!

See ya there Pootytang! Who else wants to meet up?

Pootytang
09-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Just hearing that you got your shit together for this trip has put me back into this ambient mode again. I kind of lost that natural high that you get when you first get tickets to go to a show, but since you have busted out with the good news, I am all hyped up and read for October to come rolling along. New Orleans one weekend and Austin Tx the next. WOW.

YoungRemy
09-15-2004, 08:39 AM
one weekend at MSG, the next saturday i fly airtran with a connection in ATL, land in N.O. by 9:45, show starts at 10:00

Laver1969
09-15-2004, 09:50 AM
one weekend at MSG, the next saturday i fly airtran with a connection in ATL, land in N.O. by 9:45, show starts at 10:00

9:45 pm? If so, you'll never make it to city park by 10...even if the flight's on time. Get on standby for an earlier flight.

chx
09-15-2004, 12:01 PM
WOOHOO!!! I just booked my trip to new orleans!!!

See ya there Pootytang! Who else wants to meet up?

my fellow chicagoan...
i just got my N.Orleans itinerary together since i have a feeling Chicago is going to be nixed from this year's tour.
im flying down on friday...
perhaps i'll see you there.

no sleep till.... chicago!

Laver1969
09-15-2004, 02:15 PM
my fellow chicagoan...
i just got my N.Orleans itinerary together since i have a feeling Chicago is going to be nixed from this year's tour.
im flying down on friday...
perhaps i'll see you there.

no sleep till.... chicago!

Have faith on chicago...i'm thinking nov. 4 right in between madison and detroit.

MidwestPain
09-17-2004, 07:27 AM
Ok...I might just be seeing you guys in New Orleans. Last night I won some radio contest that qualifies me for airfare, 3 nights hotel in the French Quarter and two day passes to Voodoo fest. Fingers crossed.

YoungRemy
09-17-2004, 09:55 AM
9:45 pm? If so, you'll never make it to city park by 10...even if the flight's on time. Get on standby for an earlier flight.

its 9:45 A.M., the shows at 11:00 A.M., not 10:00, i'll be fine

juliamom
09-17-2004, 10:30 AM
Hi all,

I have a voodoo sob story that may end with a happy ending... I bought 3 of the 2-day passes so my husband, my friend, and I could drive out to NO for the show... the beasties were the main selling point for us, and we thought of all the other acts as a 'bonus'... well due to unforseen circumstances (personal) we are now not able to go and are having trouble finding anyone we know (in FL) that wants to go out there for such a great concert!

Bottom line... I paid $244.75 through Ticketmaster for the 3 passes and I would be happy to sell them for $195... so they would be a little cheaper than face value, you wouldn't have to pay the service fees, etc. and I will ship them FedEx overnight (my treat!).

Please let me know if you are interested (or if you have any bright ideas on what I could do about selling these awesome tix)...

Thank you!

Pootytang
09-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Hi all,

I have a voodoo sob story that may end with a happy ending... I bought 3 of the 2-day passes so my husband, my friend, and I could drive out to NO for the show... the beasties were the main selling point for us, and we thought of all the other acts as a 'bonus'... well due to unforseen circumstances (personal) we are now not able to go and are having trouble finding anyone we know (in FL) that wants to go out there for such a great concert!

Bottom line... I paid $244.75 through Ticketmaster for the 3 passes and I would be happy to sell them for $195... so they would be a little cheaper than face value, you wouldn't have to pay the service fees, etc. and I will ship them FedEx overnight (my treat!).

Please let me know if you are interested (or if you have any bright ideas on what I could do about selling these awesome tix)...

Thank you!
Look at your instant messages

voodoo
09-21-2004, 11:54 PM
THE BEASTIE BOYS LIVE IN THE VOODOO MUSIC EXPERIENCE IN NEW ORLEANS THIS OCT 16 & 17

YEAH !! THE BEASTIE BOYS LIVE IN NEW ORLEANS AT THE VOODOO with the the pixies, Mix Master Mike, green day, sonic youth, velvet revolver, cypress hill, paul van dyk, kid rock, the killers, and much more !! CHECK THE PAGE www.voodoomusicfest.com

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW AT TICKETMASTER AND PUT THE STREET TEAM CODE: 2277