PDA

View Full Version : absinthe

like2_drink
08-07-2004, 01:16 AM
i know this should be in the alcohol mixes , but nobody goes there any more . (n)

so has any body from europe or anywheres else tried the drink absinthe , supposed to make you halucinate or somethin :confused: , i know a buddy who has it and im thinkin about takin it from him lol so whats it like?

JBernas
08-07-2004, 08:22 AM
i know this should be in the alcohol mixes , but nobody goes there any more . (n)

so has any body from europe or anywheres else tried the drink absinthe , supposed to make you halucinate or somethin :confused: , i know a buddy who has it and im thinkin about takin it from him lol so whats it like?

It's nasty. My father-in-law brought some back from Europe...it turns a yellowish-green when you pour it over ice (like anti-freeze). Didn't halucinate...just got really f*ed up. I don't recommend (n)

mandabelle
08-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Absinthe is alcohol that comes from wormwood. It needs to be poured over ice & sugar to be palatable. It can also be very, very dangerous if abused or misused (read: it can KILL you).

like2_drink
08-07-2004, 11:57 AM
damn..o well thanks for the info

Tompz
08-07-2004, 01:43 PM
it was pretty popular among writers and other half-insane poeple back in the day..they drank it and fistfighted and wrote stuff basically..

bad craziness if you ask me

jabumbo
08-07-2004, 09:47 PM
European stuff is the worst, especially French

arent you a little young to be drinking? :eek:

xxeralkuxx
08-08-2004, 06:52 PM
people who drank absinthe;

Hitler
Van Gogh
Degas
Stalin
Picaso
Carol Lewis
Poe

all crazy, all dead early. causes liver trauma and coma. also does nerve damage and makes anyrisms.

TAL
08-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Absinthe is (y)

It's served every year at my free-drinks party. We do shots, usually somewhere around 5 although one year me and a few others did 8.

Tone Capone
08-08-2004, 08:53 PM

When I was in Germany, the only thing absinth did for me was get me really drunk and give me a horrible hang over... it tasted like black licorice too. it gets you fucked up.. no doubt about it. I don't remember hallucinating though.

jabumbo
08-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Absinthe is (y)

It's served every year at my free-drinks party. We do shots, usually somewhere around 5 although one year me and a few others did 8.

is that why you can never remember your dreams? :confused: