PDA

View Full Version : Hold It Now, Hit It (DJ Zap Mix)

DeeJayZap
08-08-2004, 05:25 AM
Hold It Now, Hit It (Dj Zap Mix) (http://www.smoothflowbreakdance.com/HINHI(DJzapMix).mp3)

I Did the beat, not in time, possibly my worst.

landos_dad
08-08-2004, 05:47 AM
I Did the beat, not in time, possibly my worst.

Yeah real nice beat, Zap, but man why release it when you know it's not synchronized to the accappella tightly.
You tell us that is possibly your worst (I personally wouldnt say that) - why tell us this? why not fix it and then tell us this is probably you best mix instead of giving us un-synchronized efforts.
This remix forum is here so we can also discuss how to remix and help each other... maybe we could of helped you sync it tightly... and then you could of released it and had me saying "The boy did good!".

Maybe do this next time ;)
Peace, I'm looking out for your next one.

DeeJayZap
08-08-2004, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the comments.

Nygel
08-08-2004, 11:28 AM
zap.... what software do u use? cuz if u use acid then i could help u out...i had the same problem when i first started

DeeJayZap
08-08-2004, 11:31 AM
I use a macintosh (OS X) not a PC, I'd like a PC to make remixes on, that would be good, i cant find good music software, only for pc.

landos_dad
08-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Don't blame you Mac mate. Yeah I'm a PC user, only coz they don't make FL Studio for Mac, but in college for my Music Tech course I use Macs. I've used Reason and Pro Tools on it and they are great. Reason maybe be a little too much to fathom at first, but like anything, practice makes perfect.
There is a free version of Pro Tools available for Mac at DigiDesign and it is exellent for audio manipulation.. one of the best in my opinion. It comes with time stretching, but it aint as automatic as Acid, but still very doable.
Did you know that Garageband is very much like Acid? I heard Apple's Soundtrack is even more like it.

DeeJayZap
08-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Don't blame you Mac mate. Yeah I'm a PC user, only coz they don't make FL Studio for Mac, but in college for my Music Tech course I use Macs. I've used Reason and Pro Tools on it and they are great. Reason maybe be a little too much to fathom at first, but like anything, practice makes perfect.
There is a free version of Pro Tools available for Mac at DigiDesign and it is exellent for audio manipulation.. one of the best in my opinion. It comes with time stretching, but it aint as automatic as Acid, but still very doable.
Did you know that Garageband is very much like Acid? I heard Apple's Soundtrack is even more like it.
I used to have Reason, but for some reason (lol) it doesn't work anymore, and GarageBand wont work on my computer (made for G4, I have G3), I'll try the other one, thanks!

Spanishbomb808
08-09-2004, 01:01 AM
The beat itself is nice, but it clashes horrendously with the song. This is about as mismatched as a Spanishbomb mix.

However, it gets monotonous and dreary due to the lack of variety/samples/synths.

In short:
Drum good
Needs more sounds