PDA

View Full Version : Keyes, man of his word?

icepick
08-09-2004, 07:30 PM
"I deeply resent the destruction of federalism represented by Hillary Clinton's willingness go into a state she doesn't even live in and pretend to represent people there, so I certainly wouldn't imitate it."
--Alan Keyes, 2000

bilbo
08-09-2004, 07:35 PM
"I deeply resent the destruction of federalism represented by Hillary Clinton's willingness go into a state she doesn't even live in and pretend to represent people there, so I certainly wouldn't imitate it."
--Alan Keyes, 2000

(y)

paulk
08-09-2004, 11:18 PM
I heard part of an interview with Mistah Keyes on NPR today. He was asked about that, but I forget how he responded.

TheWedge
08-10-2004, 06:11 AM
I heard part of an interview with Mistah Keyes on NPR today. He was asked about that, but I forget how he responded.

I didn't hear an interview with Keyes on NPR, but I did hear one with the Illionois GOP spokesman and he said (paraphrased):

"This situation is different because Hillary actually 'shopped around' for a state to run in. She actually researched and CHOSE a state that she had the best chance of winning in. Where as Mr. Keyes has been recruited by the good people of Illinois. He had no desire to run, until we approached him.
Although there are similarities between this and Hillary's situation, it's actually a completely different situation."

*cough cough BULLSHIT cough cough*

OK, so is it safe to assume then that Hillary was NOT recruited by the "good people of New York"? Because I seem to remember a lot of people all over the country encouraging her to run for SOMETHING.

icepick
08-10-2004, 10:28 AM
I didn't hear an interview with Keyes on NPR, but I did hear one with the Illionois GOP spokesman and he said (paraphrased):

"This situation is different because Hillary actually 'shopped around' for a state to run in. She actually researched and CHOSE a state that she had the best chance of winning in. Where as Mr. Keyes has been recruited by the good people of Illinois. He had no desire to run, until we approached him.
Although there are similarities between this and Hillary's situation, it's actually a completely different situation."

*cough cough BULLSHIT cough cough*

OK, so is it safe to assume then that Hillary was NOT recruited by the "good people of New York"? Because I seem to remember a lot of people all over the country encouraging her to run for SOMETHING.

It's the old "When we do it , it's demolition of federalism , not destruction " excuse

I'm so glad they cleared that up...

TheWedge
08-10-2004, 10:40 AM
I don't think it will matter much.
I have a feeling Obama will be the Harlem Globetrotter to Keyes' Washington General.
What did they say on the Daily Show the other night?
Something like, "The Republicans think they will find WMD's in Iraq? They couldn't even find a black man in Chicago!"

Either way, Obama has momentum like I have never seen in my short 27 years. So far, all I've heard is "abortion this abortion that" from his camp.
Good luck Mr. Keyes. Somehow I doubt the people of Illinois will accept a carpetbagger from Maryland over a national "celebrity".

ASsman
08-10-2004, 04:07 PM
I won't vote for him, and possibly attempt to kidnap him.

Echewta
08-10-2004, 05:42 PM
So the majority of people who voted in New York didn't vote for Hillary to represent them? Its not like she just showed up to Congress.

ASsman
08-10-2004, 08:54 PM
I like how John Stewart put it , it went something like
"Will this be the turning point in Keyes political career?........ No,(shakes head) (mouths) I don't think so."