PDA

View Full Version : cooking for a first or second date

KilgoreTrout
08-10-2004, 11:01 PM
:D These are easy to make and delicious...well, depending on your abilities and available time. But delicious none the less.

Lobster ravioli over sautéed spinach with a tarragon gorgonzola sauce and topped with toasted walnuts and chives

Pork Tenderloin Medallions with sautéed potato gnocchi, diced asparagus and mushrooms in a Tawny Port cream sauce

Garlic Chicken on top of penne pasta tossed with fresh herbs, artichoke hearts, and Romano cheese in a creamy roasted-shallot sauce

Teriyaki Marinated Flat-Iron steak served with caramelized pineapple, basmati rice, and sesame sautéed summer squash

Portobello Mushroom, marinated & char-grilled, sliced thick and served chilled over micro-greens with a three-pepper relish and goat cheese crumbles

Grilled Wild Mushroom Polenta Cake with Roasted Eggplant puree, Marinara sauce, and Asiago cheese

Three Mushroom & Artichoke Gratin served alongside baked pita chips

(!) If you want any of my recipes, lemme know. (!)

What are you guys/girls favorite things to cook for a date?

jabumbo
08-11-2004, 11:12 AM
macaroni and cheese? :confused:

granted, i havent done it for a while, but just some basic pasta works well, with either some homemade red sauce or some oil with something interesting on it to give it a kick

paulk
08-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Nice name, KilgoreTrout. That was my user name on a different message board once.

Those all sound good, but I think you should post the lobster ravioli one.