PDA

View Full Version : Any Rage Fan Would Love This! But it's about politics too!

Lilb
08-12-2004, 12:15 PM
This is from the onion.....it's great!
http://www.theonion.com/opinion/index.php?issue=4032&type=opinion&o=1&id=483

mcaismyhero
08-12-2004, 12:17 PM
I read that the other night. I laughed out loud for a while. Funny stuff.

ASsman
08-12-2004, 08:25 PM
THEY WILL NEVER DIE! #$!$@ @!!!!#@$
Fuck this shit, lets break stuff.

"Throws thread at car"

Danman3142004
08-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Great words from an obviously great man! We need to take the power back!

LIMERICKFILE
08-14-2004, 06:17 PM
RATM fuckin' rocks. Their performance at the DNC on their DVD would have been the right place at the right time.....if you like night-sticks and tear gas, i mean. :rolleyes:

deita
08-14-2004, 06:58 PM
RATM what more does one need to say. they brought out the best in us all, the indignation and disapproval, brought something deep from within us to question and to search for answers. there will certainly never be a voice like that again. i think most musicians have given up on the political aspect of music. yes, there are a few, beasties included, but it seems like a lot of egocentric music on the scene today. and alot of musicians are afraid to voice their opinions for fear of sales retribution. so sad :(

LIMERICKFILE
08-14-2004, 07:01 PM
if only Ashley Simpson would take the time to read up on political debate, then we'd be in fine shape. :rolleyes:

Just as a side note, there are tons of bands out there speaking their minds and pushing the limits.....it's just that you have to turn to death metal and hardcore to hear it.

deita
08-14-2004, 07:13 PM
ya know, i love all kinds of music but have never got into the death metal thing. it just doesn't do a thing for me. is ministry considered death metal or hard core? i guess i better ask that. i do loves the ministry :)

Lilb
08-14-2004, 07:35 PM
ya know, i love all kinds of music but have never got into the death metal thing. it just doesn't do a thing for me. is ministry considered death metal or hard core? i guess i better ask that. i do loves the ministry :)
no, no, no they are not death metal! More a like a nu metal

ASsman
08-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Fuck that shit. Patti Smith > *

Lilb
08-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Fuck that shit. Patti Smith > *
O, okay? ;)

LIMERICKFILE
08-14-2004, 08:51 PM
no, no, no they are not death metal! More a like a nu metal

Not death metal, but not nu-metal either. They actually have a very thorough industrial background, and their new song for their video "No W" definently has it's industrial influence, almost a NIN sound to it.

If Ministry is anything, they're industrial metal, but that's just getting picky about genre.

A death metal would be more like Vital Remains, Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation, bands like that. It's funny, Slayer used to be "the death metal band" and now they're basically the grandfather's of metal. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Lilb
08-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Not death metal, but not nu-metal either. They actually have a very thorough industrial background, and their new song for their video "No W" definently has it's industrial influence, almost a NIN sound to it.

If Ministry is anything, they're industrial metal, but that's just getting picky about genre.

A death metal would be more like Vital Remains, Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation, bands like that. It's funny, Slayer used to be "the death metal band" and now they're basically the grandfather's of metal. Go figure. :rolleyes:
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/nu%20metal
What do you think? :confused:

ASsman
08-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Fuck Genres.

LIMERICKFILE
08-14-2004, 09:26 PM
See, that encyclopedia entry said RATM was nu-metal. I stopped reading after that.

And yeah, genres are pretty shitty, but to some extent some sort of categories are needed, just because of the amount of music there is these days that is constantly available thanks to the web.

I do think that many times it can be taken out of control though. Example= "yeah, we just started this nu-rave-rock-disco-freestyle lyric jamband with an accordian player, a tuba, 3 dudes on the floorboards, 5 on bass drum, and we're finally gonna record now that we found someone that can hit a high d-sharp along with this one chick that growls like a full-grown biker."

LIMERICKFILE
08-14-2004, 09:29 PM
if you wanna see some pretty crazy death metal, check out www.uniqueleader.com

mcaismyhero
08-14-2004, 09:32 PM
See, that encyclopedia entry said RATM was nu-metal. I stopped reading after that.

And yeah, genres are pretty shitty, but to some extent some sort of categories are needed, just because of the amount of music there is these days that is constantly available thanks to the web.

I do think that many times it can be taken out of control though. Example= "yeah, we just started this nu-rave-rock-disco-freestyle lyric jamband with an accordian player, a tuba, 3 dudes on the floorboards, 5 on bass drum, and we're finally gonna record now that we found someone that can hit a high d-sharp along with this one chick that growls like a full-grown biker."

Nu-metal? Bullshit. How about just "hard rock." I really don't think they are all that "metal" anyway. Genres are shitty, but sometimes you do have to classify music, because it is really tough to say in words what something sounds like.

ASsman
08-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Yah theres good music and bad music.

Whois
08-17-2004, 12:39 PM
RATM what more does one need to say. they brought out the best in us all, the indignation and disapproval, brought something deep from within us to question and to search for answers. there will certainly never be a voice like that again. i think most musicians have given up on the political aspect of music. yes, there are a few, beasties included, but it seems like a lot of egocentric music on the scene today. and alot of musicians are afraid to voice their opinions for fear of sales retribution. so sad :(

They reminded me of Dead Kennedys...but with more funk.