PDA

View Full Version : racist radio host bashes Maya Angelou

Hypestyle
08-12-2004, 05:59 PM
On the July 27 broadcast of Savage Nation:

Michael Savage on Maya Angelou as she spoke at the DNC:

ANGELOU: "Do not always crush the weak. And the dream of democracy is not in the sole possession of the strong."

SAVAGE: Who does she think she's talking to, a college group of junkies? Boo, hiss -- get the cane for this liar. Get her off the stand, this moron. You fraud. Fifty-thousand dollars a pop for this crap at colleges.

ANGELOU: "That every American everywhere."

SAVAGE: Aw, shut up! We all have freedom! Or else a dirtbag like you wouldn't be up there! ... They make $50,000 a speech to a bunch of junkie college students, they scream about no freedom and oppression in America! Fifty-thousand dollars, running around to all the potheads around America. Oh oppression, oh oppression -- oooohhh Klu Klux Klannnnn, oh bring me home ... oh Ku Klux Klan that man from Texas ... oooh the white sheets are rustling ... oh gimme the freedom ... ooooh Ku Klux Klan ... $50,000, please. On to the next college. ...You know she has a lot of guts to get up there, knowing that she's not a poet, knowing she's conning the world -- Doctor Maya Angelou -- my dog has a bigger doctorate than she does. They granted her a fake degree, an honorary deg -- an honorary degree you buy. They give you one, I earned a real one from a great university, so I know what it is to earn a real doctorate, and I respect 'em. But I spit on people with honorary degrees. They're worthless. They're like mail-order degrees but cheaper

Michael Savage michaelsavage@paulreveresociety.com
The Savage Nation The Savage Nation
The Paul Revere Society
150 Shoreline Hwy, Bldge E
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Fax: 415-339-9383

Tone Capone
08-12-2004, 06:02 PM
On the July 27 broadcast of Savage Nation:

Michael Savage on Maya Angelou as she spoke at the DNC:

ANGELOU: "Do not always crush the weak. And the dream of democracy is not in the sole possession of the strong."

SAVAGE: Who does she think she's talking to, a college group of junkies? Boo, hiss -- get the cane for this liar. Get her off the stand, this moron. You fraud. Fifty-thousand dollars a pop for this crap at colleges.

ANGELOU: "That every American everywhere."

SAVAGE: Aw, shut up! We all have freedom! Or else a dirtbag like you wouldn't be up there! ... They make $50,000 a speech to a bunch of junkie college students, they scream about no freedom and oppression in America! Fifty-thousand dollars, running around to all the potheads around America. Oh oppression, oh oppression -- oooohhh Klu Klux Klannnnn, oh bring me home ... oh Ku Klux Klan that man from Texas ... oooh the white sheets are rustling ... oh gimme the freedom ... ooooh Ku Klux Klan ... $50,000, please. On to the next college. ...You know she has a lot of guts to get up there, knowing that she's not a poet, knowing she's conning the world -- Doctor Maya Angelou -- my dog has a bigger doctorate than she does. They granted her a fake degree, an honorary deg -- an honorary degree you buy. They give you one, I earned a real one from a great university, so I know what it is to earn a real doctorate, and I respect 'em. But I spit on people with honorary degrees. They're worthless. They're like mail-order degrees but cheaper

Michael Savage michaelsavage@paulreveresociety.com
The Savage Nation The Savage Nation
The Paul Revere Society
150 Shoreline Hwy, Bldge E
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Fax: 415-339-9383

when and where did this happen and is there any proof? sorry I am living over seas at the moment.

valvano
08-12-2004, 06:47 PM
why is what he said racist?

EN[i]GMA
08-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Really now Valvano, if you couldn't figure it out:

Fifty-thousand dollars, running around to all the potheads around America. Oh oppression, oh oppression -- oooohhh Klu Klux Klannnnn, oh bring me home ... oh Ku Klux Klan that man from Texas ... oooh the white sheets are rustling ... oh gimme the freedom ... ooooh Ku Klux Klan ... $50,000, please. On to the next college. ...

That do it for ya? If that isn't racism I don't know what is.

That man CONSISTENTLY disgusts me. Last nite he said he wanted the Cold War back because of the "vigililence".

greedygretchen
08-12-2004, 07:15 PM
and aren't "conservatives" also paid a lot of money to speak/lecture?

and what the hell do pot heads have to do with anything-now that i take offense to! :rolleyes:

Funkaloyd
08-12-2004, 07:21 PM
he said he wanted the Cold War back because of the "vigililence".

Reminds me of the "new Pearl Harbor" PNAC document.

ToucanSpam
08-12-2004, 07:31 PM
I dont think this guy is racist but i do think he is bitter about everything in the world. Like that Maddux guy he is quite mean on his website. Although he can be quite funny...But i dont think this guy is racist. His comments regarding Angelou are quite horrible, calling someone a racist person, you have to have more than one incident where the person showed they dispise that certain group of people.

EN[i]GMA
08-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Don't compare this guy to Maddox. Maddox is satire. This fascist is real.

DroppinScience
08-13-2004, 01:12 AM
Wasn't this fuckwad fired last year for his disparaging comments towards gays?

Funkaloyd
08-13-2004, 02:22 AM
Disparaging is an understatement, he told a caller to "get AIDS and die." Apparently he's on Talk Radio Network now.