PDA

View Full Version : Santa Claus collides with outhouse:

icepick
08-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Dammit Rudolph , I said the Schmitz house!

good Ftr this week:

The difference between the image of the GOP’s “family values” propaganda and the reality as lived by GOP operatives is illustrated in this discussion of the life, times, and offspring of former Representative John G. Schmitz. An ultra-right winger from Southern California, Schmitz was too far to the right for the John Birch Society. His own “family values” came to light when it turned out he had a second family by his German mistress and that a son by that union had been sexually mutilated. Schmitz’s daughter--Mary Kay Le Tourneau—bore two children by one of her thirteen-year-old male students. Much of the program focuses on the presence of “things German” in the life and times of Schmitz and his son John P. Schmitz, raising the question of the possible relationship of the Schmitzes to the Bormann group. Of more interest than the elder Schmitz is his son John P. Schmitz, a former counsel to the elder George Bush and partner in a German international law firm that represents many of the German core corporations that comprise the main element of the Bormann organization.

Program Highlights Include: The elder Schmitz’s habit of giving a Nazi salute; the elder Schmitz’s curious association with Yasser Arafat (unusual for a Bircher); the younger Schmitz’s presence in investigations involving various aspects of 9/11; the younger Schmitz’s involvement with both the Iran-Contra machinations and the Iraqgate scandal; the younger Schmitz’s work for former CDU treasurer Matthias Wissman; the younger Schmitz’s presence on the board of directors of the American Council on Germany; the younger Schmitz’s work for Wilmer, Cutler & Pickering—one of D.C.’s most powerful law firms; the younger Schmitz’s work on behalf of Bayer AG, Bertelsmann, Deutsche Bank, Rober Bosch GmbH. Deutsche Welle (German TV).

read more here- http://www.spitfirelist.com/f469.html
listen here- wfmu.org/playlists/dx

Ace42
08-13-2004, 12:12 PM
the multicoloured nature of that website lost it credibility before I even attempted to read the content.

EN[i]GMA
08-13-2004, 12:24 PM
It's pretty like a rainbow.

icepick
08-13-2004, 12:53 PM
the multicoloured nature of that website lost it credibility before I even attempted to read the content.

It's multicolored because it's only a narrative to the audio material on the oher site. His commentary is in black and source quoting is usually multicolored. Different colors for different sources. But then again you have it all figured out don't you.....

Ace42
08-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Oh, so the people were talking in blues and purples? There are numerous methods for quoting a variety of sources of differing types clearly, and using multicolours is not one. DYS?

icepick
08-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Oh, so the people were talking in blues and purples? There are numerous methods for quoting a variety of sources of differing types clearly, and using multicolours is not one. DYS?

Mr. Emory himself acknowledges the pedantic nature of his broadcasts. there are nearly 500 pages of "For the record" material alone , that does not include the "one step beyond" or "Radio free America" material. I imagine he uses colors to aid skimmers and search engine users...who need to pop through multiple pages in order to access the proper audio files...

Ace42
08-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Mr. Emory himself acknowledges the pedantic nature of his broadcasts. there are nearly 500 pages of "For the record" material alone , that does not include the "one step beyond" or "Radio free America" material. I imagine he uses colors to aid skimmers and search engine users...who need to pop through multiple pages in order to access the proper audio files...

Sorry, how does a "search engine user" (IE google) make use of this? I have never googled for a particular "colour" of source, and I'd certainly not know straight away what colour scheme the end website was using.

There are several accredited and universally accepted methods for appendicising and collating background sources and references, etc. If he wanted to make it easy to "skim" or "search" he should use these systems explicitly designed for the purpose, rather than creating his own "skittles based" system which only serves to give me cataracts, a headache, and a distinct desire to close the web-browser and search for materials elsewhere.

icepick
08-13-2004, 02:41 PM
Sorry, how does a "search engine user" (IE google) make use of this? I have never googled for a particular "colour" of source, and I'd certainly not know straight away what colour scheme the end website was using.

There are several accredited and universally accepted methods for appendicising and collating background sources and references, etc. If he wanted to make it easy to "skim" or "search" he should use these systems explicitly designed for the purpose, rather than creating his own "skittles based" system which only serves to give me cataracts, a headache, and a distinct desire to close the web-browser and search for materials elsewhere.

As it is an extensive site , thus it uses it's own site specific search engine http://rpirani.best.vwh.net/FTR_Search.html. which Is what I was referring to in my last reply...it is you jumping to conclusions when you mention google...

There is a disclaimer right up top of the page-Note: Users of this web site are emphatically encouraged to create a word document out of the program descriptions and do a “search” on individual subjects in order to more completely reference those items.
Note: It is recommended that listeners print the program descriptions for optimum readability. It is emphatically encouraged that listeners use the printed files on the Spitfire web site and the audio files on the WFMU web sites to create their own research/teaching databases.

Mr. Emory provides annotated summaries of many of these programs and suggests that folks download them and save as Word files to facilitate searches

when you print it out the colors dissappear ...Being vaguely familiar with Emory there is probably some meaning to the color coding. I hope the numbered paragraghs don't bother you as well.

It is not meant to read like an editorial.
It is more of a listeners outline.

LIMERICKFILE
08-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Wow.....who gives a FUCK?!?!?!

ASsman
08-13-2004, 06:22 PM
HAhahah.... :confused:

Rancid_Beasties
09-03-2005, 08:11 AM
I must say that this debate is one of the most intriguing we've ever had on this board and I'm stunned to know that so many of you are this intellectual and articulate. I had thought that everyone here was a complete bafoon, but this thread has made me respect you all in a whole new way.

Ali
09-06-2005, 01:27 AM
I must say that this debate is one of the most intriguing we've ever had on this board and I'm stunned to know that so many of you are this intellectual and articulate. I had thought that everyone here was a complete bafoon, but this thread has made me respect you all in a whole new way.Most of them are gone :(

EN[i]GMA
09-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Most of them are gone :(

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Gone are the days when we would argue over colored fonts and English langauge nuances.

Funkaloyd
09-06-2005, 04:59 PM
That's coloured, bitch.

Ali
09-07-2005, 12:34 AM
What's a bafoon, anyways? :confused: ?