PDA

View Full Version : TPK, Minton, Beastieboys.com

JasonP
08-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Can you give us an idea when some more east coast dates will be announced? Will there be multiple NYC shows?

Extra Cheese
08-15-2004, 11:47 AM
can you give us an idea why you're sloppy with handling all this tour shit. you seem like a bunch of amateurs.

tpk
08-15-2004, 12:18 PM
it's not me minton nor beastieboys.com (aka johnny) who handle this tour "shit".

as soon as we're provided with the info, it gets posted on the site. so there is no delay on our part. we do the best we can to make the situation a bit better.

Extra Cheese
08-15-2004, 12:50 PM
it's not me minton nor beastieboys.com (aka johnny) who handle this tour "shit".

as soon as we're provided with the info, it gets posted on the site. so there is no delay on our part. we do the best we can to make the situation a bit better.

well out of you and those you named have come statements of when tour dates would be announced but never came and fucked up presale password info episodes and other misleading info. so go ahead and pass the blame but while you guys do make things a tad bit better you're not free of some of the blame that deserves to go around for this tour shit.

lrf1211
08-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Admin puts out confirmed dates when they get them. If they are told there is going to be an announcement, they may mention that, but it's not their fault if the band, promotions, etc., change it. Would you rather they don't mention anything?

I don't mean to sound like some kind of admin defender when I post about them, but whenever I've asked a question, or e-mailed them directly about something, they have been responsive and helpful. The Beastie Boys board is pretty much the only one I post on, and that is in part because I think it is well run. (Although, admin -- I will admit it is primarily because of the band and info about them and the 2004 tour).

Extra Cheese
08-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Would you rather they don't mention anything?

if they didnt mention anything it would be upsetting. when they do mention things and nothing comes about from it, thats even more upsetting.

tpk
08-15-2004, 02:43 PM
if they didnt mention anything it would be upsetting. when they do mention things and nothing comes about from it, thats even more upsetting.put us on ignore list (y)

tpk
08-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Admin puts out confirmed dates when they get them. If they are told there is going to be an announcement, they may mention that, but it's not their fault if the band, promotions, etc., change it. Would you rather they don't mention anything?

I don't mean to sound like some kind of admin defender when I post about them, but whenever I've asked a question, or e-mailed them directly about something, they have been responsive and helpful. The Beastie Boys board is pretty much the only one I post on, and that is in part because I think it is well run. (Although, admin -- I will admit it is primarily because of the band and info about them and the 2004 tour).yeah thanks for some of that positive feedback.

i've been the most active admin in the live forum and i've tried to keep people positive by giving them answers and hopes. what people might not realize is that we can't give out any info at all, that isn't yet confirmed. so basically, we can't say anything re: tour if it's not on bboys.com except for upcoming "updates" and general comments and info re: tour.

Holz
08-15-2004, 05:32 PM
can you give us an idea why you're sloppy with handling all this tour shit. you seem like a bunch of amateurs.

dude, what the f*ck do you expect? you want them to e-mail every single freaking person on this board? i don't think so. they do a damn good job, and everyone else on this board knows it. it's a FREE service they provide to us beastie fans!! they could shut this whole f*cking thing down, and we'd have no inside info at all. if you don't like the way things are run, then get the hell off and try to find the same info they are providing!!!! yeah, you CAN'T! chill out. (y)

minton
08-15-2004, 10:05 PM
well out of you and those you named have come statements of when tour dates would be announced but never came and fucked up presale password info episodes and other misleading info. so go ahead and pass the blame but while you guys do make things a tad bit better you're not free of some of the blame that deserves to go around for this tour shit.

Like TPK said, this tour planning stuff has nothing to do with us. You don't get that obviously. BeastieBoys.com tells you what we're told to tell you, and when.

djc1980
08-15-2004, 11:17 PM
WORLD .B. FREE

tpk
08-15-2004, 11:19 PM
the admins are right it's not there fault,but admins must you swear and sink to that morons level........i didn't swear :cool:

djc1980
08-15-2004, 11:28 PM
darkside does that mean you dont know?

BeastieBoys.com
08-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey you can be angry at a website all you want, but here is the story.

We do exactly as we are told. This site has not messed up once with presale/show announcements. That means we have posted the dates when we are told, we have posted the ticket info when we are told, we post the ticket sale information exactly as we get it from the people show are actually calling the shots. What could we have messed up? We get the times and the passwords from someone else, we post them. If it's messed up, we are not at fault. And we are monitoring these sales to make sure things are right, and if they aren't, we are on the horn right away to tell the people who can actually do something that things aren't right. That is all we can do.

Having said that, It's not that we don't hear you re: your frustrations, but the simple fact is, there is nothing we can do. We just work here. We don't like the way the tour is being rolled out either (we are fans too), but who the heck are we? We're nobody. We don't have say in how this is done. What I CAN tell you is that it's not that the band has booked all the shows and we are just sitting on the dates. That is TOTALLY not the way it is. These shows are being booked one at a time, and we are announcing them as they are CONFIRMED. This isn't REM, this isn't PRINCE or MADONNA, it's Beastie Boys, and this is the way they are doing it. Not all tours book 50 shows all at once and do a big announcement of all the dates.

To say were are just 'passing the buck' is a bunch of bullshit, and you know it. Stop being so damn angry all the time. Do you pay for this service? No you don't. THEY pay to provide you with this service.

So as far as I see, you have nothing to stand on. In fact all you are doing is making some of us think "why bother". And that can translate into some of these services not being offered again. So then *you* will have to pass the buck when all the other fans who appreciate what this site does want to hunt you down.

Some of you complain so much it gets to the point of being amusing. Like you are "owed" something. Wake up. When you buy the record you are owed some music. When you buy tickets to a show you are owed entertainment. When you visit the free website, you aren't owed shit. You get it for free. For fun. Not to sit here and bitch and moan.

Wake up. This is an internet message board.

Extra Cheese
08-16-2004, 01:29 PM
So as far as I see, you have nothing to stand on. In fact all you are doing is making some of us think "why bother". And that can translate into some of these services not being offered again. So then *you* will have to pass the buck when all the other fans who appreciate what this site does want to hunt you down.

Wake up. This is an internet message board.

"services not being offered again". oh please! :rolleyes: everyone is getting the tour info from someplace else before its even announced here. are you expecting me to to cry over the possibility of "services not being offered again" when, as of right now, you can get it somewhere else before its announced on this site. or do you expect me to believe that you're gonna stop doing shit cuz i and some others complain. yeah, i'm so worried now.

"Wake up. This is an internet message board",, wow! such words of wisdom i would've never figured this place to be a message board. and all this time i thought it was the garden of eden.

baltogrl71
08-16-2004, 01:50 PM
"services not being offered again". oh please! :rolleyes: everyone is getting the tour info from someplace else before its even announced here. are you expecting me to to cry over the possibility of "services not being offered again" when, as of right now, you can get it somewhere else before its announced on this site. or do you expect me to believe that you're gonna stop doing shit cuz i and some others complain. yeah, i'm so worried now.

"Wake up. This is an internet message board",, wow! such words of wisdom i would've never figured this place to be a message board. and all this time i thought it was the garden of eden.why are you so bitter, I love the board. I think everyone does a good job, its much more frustrating reading all the crap people post on here for beastie fans there sure is alot of negativity you should try meditating your chakras are for sure out of wak. this summer I went to the hfs show in dc they announced the show like this of who was to play, but i have friends who work for them and i was told the boys would be there the day before they announced the boys they pulled out, so i did get to see cyprus hill and the cure a bunch of other crap i dont really remember who but because i kept my proimise and took my little sister and her friends and I didn't bitch i got some good karma going and got to see theboys at the 930 show in dc right up front and it was awesome. So take a deep breath and relax and everything will work out just fine.

valvano
08-16-2004, 02:12 PM
I wished you all got as upset about the high taxes we pay.....

:D

Cornelius
08-16-2004, 02:47 PM
i got a question regarding tourdates...

MTV.com (i'm thinking that they don't know shit) posted a bunch of dates for this tour a long time ago, but as far as we know they weren't confirmed. what i want to know is, where do they get their info? why aren't you guys being told anything at all when the asshats over at mtv are jumping the gun and posting dates that they are basically making up?

what gives?

BeastieBoys.com
08-16-2004, 03:14 PM
i got a question regarding tourdates...

MTV.com (i'm thinking that they don't know shit) posted a bunch of dates for this tour a long time ago, but as far as we know they weren't confirmed. what i want to know is, where do they get their info? why aren't you guys being told anything at all when the asshats over at mtv are jumping the gun and posting dates that they are basically making up?

what gives?

Because MTV is in the business of getting the scoop. We are not. We are in the business of keeping you all informed of factual information. The fact that MTV got a hold of some preliminary scheduling ideas does not surprise me. There are many people that are involved in the process, who knows where someone had loose lips. Could have been someone at TM. Could have been someone at the booking agency. But regardless, the info they posted was not confirmed, and so they have no right to mislead all of you about it. As you can see it was pulled down quickly.

Ticketmaster has been posting dates without permission, and trust me, the band's management is bothered by that. They and the band want the website to release the dates, but TM continues breaking agreements and jumping the gun. On the flipside, is it THAT important? Does it matter if TM has the dates up a few hours before we do?

All I'm saying is that to bitch and moan is pointless. This is just the way it's going to go, so we all might as well get used to it. We will be your source for confirmed info on the dates. If you want to listen to rumors and such, that is your choice, we can't control that.

BeastieBoys.com
08-16-2004, 03:16 PM
I wished you all got as upset about the high taxes we pay.....

High taxes? Try living anywhere but the US. We have nothing to complain about here. Although with those high taxes, many of those countries provide social services that are offered to all of their citizens, not just the richest 2%.

Maybe it's about time the middle and lower classes get the tax cuts that the 2% of top income earners are getting now.

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/economy/

tpk
08-16-2004, 03:18 PM
press will always be press. as soon as they get a hold of info that would interest readers they'll publish it if it's from a decent source.

BeastieBoys.com
08-16-2004, 03:19 PM

"Wake up. This is an internet message board",, wow! such words of wisdom i would've never figured this place to be a message board. and all this time i thought it was the garden of eden.

Well put it this way. The presales are selling a lot of tickets, so apparently a lot of people think we are offering a valuable service, and they appreciate being able to get floor tickets before the rest of the general public. But we can certainly remove you from both the message board and the mailing list if you think it's not worth it for you. Let me know, I'll be glad to help. Come on, practice what you preach. If you think we don't help the fans out, then let's just delete your accounts. Ok?

tpk
08-16-2004, 03:20 PM
High taxes? Try living anywhere but the US. We have nothing to complain about here. Although with those high taxes, many of those countries provide social services that are offered to all of their citizens, not just the richest 20%.

http://www.johnkerry.comyou speak the truth.

Extra Cheese
08-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Come on, practice what you preach.

what was i preaching?!?!? :rolleyes: if you're gonna delete my account then go right ahead. if you're gonna do then do it. am i supposed to be crying at this moment? oh my. the big bad beastieboys.com person wants to delete my account :rolleyes: what will i ever do now

valvano
08-16-2004, 03:52 PM
High taxes? Try living anywhere but the US. We have nothing to complain about here. Although with those high taxes, many of those countries provide social services that are offered to all of their citizens, not just the richest 2%.

Maybe it's about time the middle and lower classes get the tax cuts that the 2% of top income earners are getting now.

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/economy/

any idea as to how much of the tax burden is paid by the richest 2%? makes sense they should benefit more from any tax cuts since the pay more than everybody else in the first place, proportionally.....

Holz
08-16-2004, 05:12 PM
what was i preaching?!?!? :rolleyes: if you're gonna delete my account then go right ahead. if you're gonna do then do it. am i supposed to be crying at this moment? oh my. the big bad beastieboys.com person wants to delete my account :rolleyes: what will i ever do now

extra cheese... DO YOU NOT GET IT?? what the hell is your deal? why are you so fucking mad? does anger management mean anything to you? are you a beastie boys fan or are you an immature 14 year old kid just trying to get people pissed off for the sake of seeing people pissed off? chill the fuck out. if you don't like the way things are run, GET THE FUCK OFF THE BOARDS!

can we please lock this thread??? it's pointless now. the admins do the best the can. period. end of story.

tpk
08-16-2004, 05:49 PM
what was i preaching?!?!? :rolleyes: if you're gonna delete my account then go right ahead. if you're gonna do then do it. am i supposed to be crying at this moment? oh my. the big bad beastieboys.com person wants to delete my account :rolleyes: what will i ever do nowmaybe you didn't get his point. basically, if you find no point in being a member of this board and mailinglist, as we offer no good, then maybe you should consider going elsewhere for the info you're after. at least you can start by unsubscribing to the mailing list. i'm not sure what's up with you right now.

pescado
08-16-2004, 06:13 PM
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

My money is on tpk...

tpk
08-16-2004, 06:15 PM
BeastieBoys.com dropped the bomb in this one though.

habanerojeep
08-16-2004, 06:25 PM
I am just as upset about the dates being announced last minute and so far in between each other, but how can anyone get mad at the messager?? Let the Admins do what they are here to do. They are not teachers and should not have to deal with all this harassment. Anyways.....

lrf1211
08-16-2004, 07:34 PM
I'm with you Holz. Extra cheese -- you don't like the info here, then go somewhere else. It seems like a simple 3-step process: (1) the Beastie Boys confirm a tour date -- when they decide to do so; (2) admin posts it; and (3) then the presale password comes out.

And, percentage-wise, the tax burden is significantly higher on the lower and middle income levels. And the benefits that come with good health insurance, homeowning, disproportionately favor the higher income brackets. If you're 18 or over, and haven't registered to vote, maybe pause from bitching about admin. and register. (I'm only adding this political plug because Johnny and tpk started it:)). Especially single people -- and, I don't know the facts about men, but in 2000, 22 million unmarried women eligible to vote didn't do so -- think about it. And then go to moveon.org, declareyourself.com (that one's non-partisan).

But leave admin alone.

BeastieBoys.com
08-16-2004, 08:03 PM
http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=29&day=2004-10-22&c=3

Whoa look at that. A new date.