PDA

View Full Version : some good rice-italian style

like2_drink
08-17-2004, 08:24 PM
now i might be wrong about it beeing italian , but my dad learned how to make it from an italian chef while he was in italy , so you can understand if i made a mistake :p

just boil the rice - the same height of water in the pot as your gonna use rice.

when its done put it into a boal , then make the top centerd. take a big wad of butter , enough to be able to taste it when you stur it in. microwave it until it's warm enough to melt the butter , stir up the butter , then make the rice even on the top again . layer the top of the rice with alot of ground up parmesan cheese , when its really good and layerd on throw it back in the microwave for 20 seconds or so , then stir it up and eat it - if you cant taste the parmesan cheese you didnt put enough in , throw a bit more and mic it again.

i think it tastes great- and for ppl who dont like rice cause it has no flavor , try it with this (y)

jabumbo
08-18-2004, 10:00 AM
to quote my mechanics teacher during class, "some people like to put butter on their rice"

sounds good to me, and i will probably have that for a few dinners now and again, because its pretty easy

like2_drink
08-19-2004, 12:59 PM
yep , and makes ya look like you know how to cook. even if your pretty bad at it

laura
08-21-2004, 08:33 AM
aaaah! italia...

:p

Uru-Nitro
08-21-2004, 02:23 PM
it would be perfect if you fry some eggs in tomato sauce... ummm.. delicious with rice

(somebody should make an smilie with Homer's face with the tongue out like saying argh....)

ms.peachy
08-22-2004, 03:46 PM
LOL I think what you have made there l2d is something I can only term "a lazy man's risotto."

I'm sure it does the trick if fast is what you're after, but I'm willing to bet it's not a patch on a proper risotto!