PDA

View Full Version : The way they announce live dates is bad

pshabi
08-18-2004, 02:13 PM
I would rather die than miss this tour. Seriously, it means that much to me.

So why are we announcing tour dates one at a time?

So, when I find out that they aren't going to come to Florida, I've then missed out on the whole tour?

What I mean is, I would fly to Atlanta if I knew that was the closest gig. However, I don't know if their will be one closer so I have to wait. What if the Atl date sells out or goes by and there isn't another stop close to me.

Well, then I'm going to be more than pissed off at the marketing team for this tour.

Some people like to make plans to see more than one show as well and this is seriously fucking that up.

Give me one good reason why this is being done? Are you seriously booking as you go or what? That's fucking bootleg, man. We should have some more professionalism from an act that's been around for 20 years. This is not directed at the boys particularly but whoever is making these decisions.

Oh, and I'm in S. Florida.

Parkey
08-18-2004, 02:19 PM

So why are we announcing tour dates one at a time?

So, when I find out that they aren't going to come to Florida, I've then missed out on the whole tour?

What I mean is, I would fly to Atlanta if I knew that was the closest gig. However, I don't know if their will be one closer so I have to wait. What if the Atl date sells out or goes by and there isn't another stop close to me.

Well, then I'm going to be more than pissed off at the marketing team for this tour.

Some people like to make plans to see more than one show as well and this is seriously fucking that up.

Give me one good reason why this is being done? Are you seriously booking as you go or what? That's fucking bootleg, man. We should have some more professionalism from an act that's been around for 20 years. This is not directed at the boys particularly but whoever is making these decisions.

Oh, and I'm in S. Florida.

i think that's a fair point, particularly for you over in the US. The place is that big that if they don't come to your state it would take some arranging to get elsewhere. I imagine it's being done to keep traffic on the site up and get as many people as possible to sign up for the newsletter.

eerriikk
08-18-2004, 02:26 PM
I missed presale dates for long beach TWICE.

Erik

pshabi
08-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Yo this shit shouldn't have been moved. It's a very important subject and it's not going to get the views here. It's not about their live music or which song MMM was dope on. So, please put it back. Your wiggy wack, with your ticky tack calls.... oh sorry man.

BeastieBoys.com
08-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Yo this shit shouldn't have been moved. It's a very important subject and it's not going to get the views here. It's not about their live music or which song MMM was dope on. So, please put it back. Your wiggy wack, with your ticky tack calls.... oh sorry man.

This thread is exactly where it needs to be. Plus you need to read this thread here (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=27841), which is basically the same thread as this.

pshabi
08-18-2004, 02:58 PM
This thread is exactly where it needs to be. Plus you need to read this thread here (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=27841), which is basically the same thread as this.

I'm not saying the admins or the webmaster should give us info he doesn't have, I'm saying the team that's putting the tour together is fucking shit up. Shit, even if they gave a list of tentative cities without dates it would be better. Then we'd know if we had to travel 15 hours or not to see them.

Now, I just wait and I say, well they'll surely come closer than Atlanta. but when they dont' and I can't get time tix to Atl or time away from work and my family at such short notice I'm fucked. It isn't fair to long time fans at all who have careers, families, etc. They're going to lose money.

BTW, the thread should be where I put it and it isn't the same as "yo are they comin to NY?" It's more about the stupid plan for launching this tour.

funky49
08-18-2004, 03:06 PM
Now, I just wait and I say, well they'll surely come closer than Atlanta. but when they dont' and I can't get time tix to Atl or time away from work and my family at such short notice I'm fucked. It isn't fair to long time fans at all who have careers, families, etc. They're going to lose money.

I think they're just trying to make as many people as they can happy (which unfortunately screws you and I). It's life I guess.

Usher is coming to Tampa, woopie doo.

-funky49

BeastieBoys.com
08-18-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm not saying the admins or the webmaster should give us info he doesn't have, I'm saying the team that's putting the tour together is fucking shit up. Shit, even if they gave a list of tentative cities without dates it would be better. Then we'd know if we had to travel 15 hours or not to see them.

BTW, the thread should be where I put it and it isn't the same as "yo are they comin to NY?" It's more about the stupid plan for launching this tour.

We hear you, we agree. We've brought our opinions (and yours) to the people calling the shots. Hopefully things will change, but we'll have to see.

As for this being in the right forum, it is now. There is a whole forum dedicated to talking about everything that revolves around the tours. This is it. You can't post in different forums just to get your post looked at more.

lrf1211
08-18-2004, 03:22 PM
So, if you got a tentative date nearer to home, and then made plans around it, and then it turned out not to be right, and then Atlanta sold out, wouldn't that be a bigger hassle? It's a no-win.

The Beastie Boys don't need to tour to make a living, but do so because they want to play live. So the same way they took 6 years to do a new album, they're going to plan their tour however they want and the people putting together the tour have to work with them. One of the things that's cool about the group is that they do things their own way. This may be one of those times where it can be inconvenient as opposed to interesting.

Laver1969
08-18-2004, 04:17 PM
I know the admins and webmasters wish they had the dates to give.

Based on previous tours and the dates between Vancouver Sept. 20 and the Philly show on Oct. 11 one would assume they will come through the midwest on there way to the East Coast.

:)

Holz
08-18-2004, 04:33 PM
the first tour in six years... you bet they are gonna hit everywhere in the USA. (y) you people have to relax. yes, it's weird that they are doing date by date, but we can't do anything about it. but just don't assume they aren't gonna come to your area, especially if you're in a bigger city. THEY WILL GET THERE. i'd put money on it that atlanta will not be the closest place for you guys in florida to go. miami, tampa, orlando??? they're gonna be there.

Amazed
08-18-2004, 05:49 PM
I brought this issue up a few weeks ago.

these "higher-ups" that run this tour.

Is a Idiot monkey that spins a wheel with cities on it.

Apparently this monkey is sick and could only spin it once this week.

Some tours are booked 3-7 months in advance

this one is "The super sketched out spontanus you better have the pre sale password or your gonna get fucked up the ass tour"

BOOYAH!

cj hood
08-18-2004, 07:35 PM
every tour before this was announced well in advance.....the entire tour.....i think they're closely watching record sales, radio play and video play......bot the beasties and the venues......if this record drops any farther, this tour might be short lived......

pshabi
08-19-2004, 07:24 AM
I doubt record sales or air play are going to have any impact on the tour. People would come see them even if they weren't promoting an album.
every tour before this was announced well in advance.....the entire tour.....i think they're closely watching record sales, radio play and video play......bot the beasties and the venues......if this record drops any farther, this tour might be short lived......

Laver1969
08-19-2004, 09:10 AM

I think there might be some truth to what CJ is saying...but two concerts have sold out already. As always, patience is a virtue...wait and see.

Laver1969
08-19-2004, 09:12 AM
i'd put money on it that atlanta will not be the closest place for you guys in florida to go. miami, tampa, orlando??? they're gonna be there.

With Atlanta and New Orleans two nights in a row they may not get to Florida.

Holz
08-19-2004, 10:42 AM

Laver1969
08-19-2004, 10:48 AM
There is amost a week between the New Orleans and Austin shows...so they could swing back through.

wavin_goodbye
08-19-2004, 11:54 AM
hey dude.. you'd rather die than miss the tour?

isn't that just a bit excessive? i mean we all love the beastie boys .. but cmon.. theres more to life.

pshabi
08-19-2004, 12:00 PM
To each his own. If I was dead, I'd be backstage in the afterlife at every show!
hey dude.. you'd rather die than miss the tour?

isn't that just a bit excessive? i mean we all love the beastie boys .. but cmon.. theres more to life.

pshabi
08-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Well, if that's the case, then the world's gonna have at least one less person becaue I'm going to kill someone! Don't know who but it may be the tour director. You fucking asshole!

With Atlanta and New Orleans two nights in a row they may not get to Florida.

pattack
08-20-2004, 12:27 PM
"The super sketched out spontanus you better have the pre sale password or your gonna get fucked up the ass tour"

good shit