PDA

View Full Version : Why Nader won't stop speaking his mind

Blighty
08-24-2004, 11:18 AM
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1093126208578

Whois
08-24-2004, 12:27 PM
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1093126208578

The Democrats will NEVER stop talking (see bitching) about Nader, he's the only scapegoat they've got...

bilbo
08-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Nader has entered whoredom. How sad that he has become the Republicans bitch.
:(

greedygretchen
08-24-2004, 01:59 PM
*gretchen covers ears and shakes head violently* "No,bilbo, No, No, please don't say that!" :D

EN[i]GMA
08-24-2004, 02:31 PM
How is Nader the Republican's bitch? It seems Kerry is, considering he agrees with them on every major issues with the possible exception of Universal Health Care.

bilbo
08-24-2004, 02:38 PM
GMA']How is Nader the Republican's bitch? It seems Kerry is, considering he agrees with them on every major issues with the possible exception of Universal Health Care.

If you don't see how Ralphie boy is being used by conservative groups, then we need not discuss anything further. I am not interested in wasting my valuable time on people who are uninformed, and/or ignorant.

Bush and Kerry agree on nothing except that Iraq is fucked up and we need more International help. Whine as much as you'd like, but regardless of who gets elected, an immediate pullout of Iraq would be disastrous.

I'd be interested in seeing your list of all the things Kerry and Bush are the same on. It should be high comedy. :rolleyes:

Funkaloyd
08-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Please, stop with the holier than thou crap. You've done this before; you make a point without backing it up or anything, then tell people that if they don't see things your way they're not worthy of your time.

And despite this, you still respond to Gmsisko.

bilbo
08-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Do you have a point Floyd, or are you just another whiney malcontent? :confused:
If someone says Kerry and Bush are the same, they need to explain themselves, otherwise they run the risk of entering into the realm of banality, kind of like you are now, sport. :rolleyes:

If you're going to bring it, bring it.

Ace42
08-24-2004, 06:07 PM
It's been said before in here. Even I, removed from US partisanism as I am, am aware of the fact that he is going to split the liberal vote if he runs. This is no big secret. There was that link to a conservative website in another thread saying they supported him running solely for this reason. I think he is just fed up of repeating himself IMO.

Jasonik
08-24-2004, 06:29 PM
Nader is a brilliant flanking move by the Republicans. He causes the Democrats to move to the center by siphoning off the true lefties. The Democrats need centrist voters, but risk alienating their more liberal constituency who will then go for Nader. Classic divide and conquer. Strategically the RNC is vastly more sophisticated in terms of picking its battles so it can win the war.

I have a pretty good sense of what middle of the road independent voters want, and I think that Bush's powerful team is at a certain level impressive to some voters. The guy acts and behaves like a winner, arrogant some would say, confident say others.

Nader is the aloof idealist gadfly, Kerry is the mush-mouthed carreer politician who can't pitch a strike, and Bush is the cocky bare knuckled good ol boy who knows how to push people around with money and power.

If it were a horse race, I'd say Bush. Kerry doesn't seem to have the kick ass and win political machine that Bush does. Kerry's strength lies in him being ambiguous enough that he stands for essentially nothing, nothing offensive or remotely resembling a conviction that has guided his policy making all these years. He would make a good diplomat, secretary of state for example, but not President.

Back on topic, I'll vote for Nader because I am in Massachusetts and Kerry is a lock here. I really just want to see how the two party system will behave toward a third party candidate when the field is so evenly split.

bilbo
08-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Bush is the cocky bare knuckled good ol boy who knows how to push people around with money and power.

Bush is a puppet. I don't think he makes any decisions whatsoever. Uncle Dick and Karl run the show. Shrub just plays his gameboy, sucks down beers, and falls off his bicycle. He is a good campaigner though. He's been doing it for 3+ years.

I think the middle of the roaders want an end to the lies they have been treated to for the past 3 and half years. That's what Zogby has been showing us as of late. I guess we'll see in November :p

I do agree with you on Nader.

EN[i]GMA
08-24-2004, 06:50 PM
According to the Greens there is quite a difference: http://www.therealdifference.org/issues.html

Look, I see what your saying. Of course Conservatives are supporting him (To no real avail, I believe) but to vote for a candidate such as Kerry, even to get rid of Bush, doesn't sit well with me at all. I think it's a futile waste of a vote to go for this "lesser evil" crap. Either way the country enters total ruination at some point. The exact thing voting is trying to prevent. Pick your poison and see if I care. Just don't expect things to change for the better.

bilbo
08-24-2004, 07:00 PM
GMA']According to the Greens there is quite a difference: http://www.therealdifference.org/issues.html

Look, I see what your saying. Of course Conservatives are supporting him (To no real avail, I believe) but to vote for a candidate such as Kerry, even to get rid of Bush, doesn't sit well with me at all. I think it's a futile waste of a vote to go for this "lesser evil" crap. Either way the country enters total ruination at some point. The exact thing voting is trying to prevent. Pick your poison and see if I care. Just don't expect things to change for the better.

Oddly enough, Nader couldn't garner the support of the Greens. Go figure.
Anyway, I should not have inferred that you were ignorant, I apologize. I also have never said that Nader should not run. I just believe he'll siphon votes away from the more progressive Kerry. If you truly believe a Kerry Presidency and a Bush second term would be one in the same, then you should vote for Cobb or Nader or whoever. However, I am going with Kerry this time around.

Blighty
08-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Did anyone read the article?

Whois
08-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Did anyone read the article?

Yes...not that it'll do any good.

Blighty
08-25-2004, 02:39 PM
I'm just glad to know one person bothered to read it. :) This whole thread is just a bunch of anti-Nader cliches. It's no wonder nothing ever changes.

nines
08-25-2004, 09:40 PM
I read the article too, and I must say I agree with a lot of what it said.
An interesting sidenote, however- in Michigan Nader is having to sue and re-sue to get his name on the ballot to be recognized as the Reform party candidate. It's a debate even among Reform party members if he is even THAT. He collected some 50,000 sigs, and most of them were from registered REPUBLICANS (http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?SearchID=73181884838130&Avis=TO&Dato=20040804&Kategori=OPINION02&Lopenr=408040308&Ref=AR).
I'm just saying, is all.
I wish it was different, but around here a vote for Nader is really playing with fire.
And YES, the link is an editorial from the local crap-rag, but it sums up my viewpoint rather well.