PDA

View Full Version : This tour isn't a political roadshow is it?

MoTownFUNK
08-25-2004, 06:03 AM
California, Florida, New York, Texas alot of votes in these states.

tpk
08-25-2004, 06:35 AM
and also a lot of people. the more people the more shows.

i would like to see them play in alaska.

Extra Cheese
08-25-2004, 06:57 AM
a political/antiques roadshow would be nice. i welcome the idea

pshabi
08-25-2004, 07:10 AM
a political/antiques roadshow would be nice. i welcome the idea
As long as there's midgets, I'm down.

MrWuf
08-26-2004, 06:05 PM
I hope not. I love the Beasties and am more than likely gonna have to travel quite a ways to catch a show. Last thing I care to hear about is politics.

Pootytang
08-26-2004, 06:13 PM
This place is a cheese and WHINE show.

cj hood
08-26-2004, 06:40 PM
California, Florida, New York, Texas alot of votes in these states.

good point.......i think money mark built mca a pulpit for the tour........

brooklyndust
08-27-2004, 03:53 AM
my first post under this name was about how I thought the beasties were going to release their album close to the elections

and how their shows could be politicaly motivated

valvano
08-28-2004, 07:18 AM
Why? Bush has driven the country into the fucking ground! Some idiots still think everything is OK....

WAKE UP!

you obviously do not remember the jimmy carter years.......how old are you????

:rolleyes:

QueenAdrock
08-28-2004, 09:47 AM
What the hell does Jimmy Carter have to do with anything?

This is 2004, and Bush has fucked up the world that we live in NOW. If Carter did the same shit back during his presidency, I would have protested the same thing, regardless of political affiliation.

snocadet
08-28-2004, 11:00 AM
I could say a lot more about Carter as well as Reagan (who actually had high unemployment during his presidency and whose presidency had a detrimental effect on a number of communities, but I guess if someone's seemingly charming, it doesn't matter what they do), and maybe I will when I get a chance.

However. I think QueenAdrock is right is pointing out it's important to look at the present situation.

Though I think the present US economy is terrible, I think the lies and deceptions of the Bush Administration alone are reason in and of themselves to kick Bush out! Close to 1,000 of my felllow Americans dead (and that's not counting the high suicide rate once they return to the US and the number severly injured) and uncounted numbers of Iraquis 30,000 or more dead.

snocadet
08-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Oh and tie my previous comment more in with the tour thread.

I hope the Beasties do take time during the shows to encourage people to get out and vote Bush out of the White House. I think it's imperative that Bush is out, for the future of the US as well as the world so I think aritists need to speak out.

However, I'm sure the majority of the performance will be about putting on an awesome musical show.

Deep_Sea_Rain
08-28-2004, 11:51 AM
I would love to hear some shots at Bush while I'm at a Beastie show.