PDA

View Full Version : When we get Bin Laden, will Bush get his due?

MoTownFUNK
08-25-2004, 02:26 PM
Truly this was the goal of this war, wasn't it?

Whois
08-25-2004, 02:39 PM
Truly this was the goal of this war, wasn't it?

Which one?

1) The war on the 9/11 terrorists.

2) The war on Iraq.

3) The war on Terrorism.

Frankly the first was forgotten, the second lauded as part of the third, and the third is insanity (like the war on drugs).

bilbo
08-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Which one?

1) The war on the 9/11 terrorists.

2) The war on Iraq.

3) The war on Terrorism.

Frankly the first was forgotten, the second lauded as part of the third, and the third is insanity (like the war on drugs).

Well said. (y)

TheWedge
08-25-2004, 03:32 PM
I would be totally impressed if Bush gets Bin Laden.
I mean, it only took him 3 years (if he hurries), 2 wars, several billion dollars, thousands of lives, a basic end to any kind of trust and respect the US had achieved throughout most of the world, the removal of some basic civil liberties for his people at home, and the "support" of "several" other countries.

I think Elmer Fudd could have done a better job.

SSSHHHHH, Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wascally fweedom hatews.

adeebadeebadeeba..that's all folks!

ChrisLove
08-25-2004, 06:07 PM
No he will get no credit, it has long since become clear that catching Bin Laden was never the point of this whole terrible business.

It would be good if they caught him though.

travesty
08-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Seems like it would have been a whole lot better to spend all of the money and effort we have so far on ideas that may have had a negative effect on AlQaeda's recruitment. I mean if OBL couldn't find enough people pissed off at Americans to carry out any more attacks, well........ he would just be crazy old man Bin Laden who scorns the neighbor kids and chases them out of his yard when they throw the ball there.

Unfortunately, the reverse is true, We have angered and emboldened numerous future terrorists. It sux bad, and seems to be getting worse.

MoTownFUNK
08-26-2004, 08:28 AM
seems to be getting worse.

Thank your local news cast.

MoTownFUNK
08-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Which one?

D. All of the above

Loppfessor
08-26-2004, 08:32 AM
I think they already know where he is but won't really "catch" him until just before the election. I have no idea what I'm basing that on just call it a hunch.

Funkaloyd
08-26-2004, 06:19 PM
I think that it's more likely that he'll be killed. It removes the threat of terrorists taking hostages and demanding his release, and the evidence that has been released to the public concerning his ties to 9/11 seems a little shaky (good enough for CNN, but good enough for the courts?).