PDA

View Full Version : Mmm... It Does Go Well With the Chicken!

spacemonkey
08-30-2004, 04:25 AM
Just a thought for the grill- wrap your chicken with bacon and BBQ after searing. I have had two rounds of this in like two days straight. I am jonezing right for the next.

Anyway what do ya'll got to hook a bird up proppa?

ms.peachy
08-30-2004, 07:17 AM
Do you mean strictly in terms of grilling, or just chicken in general?

Throught the autumn and the winter, I am a big fan of the roast 'whole bird'. As it's just my husband and I we don't need a really big one, and even a medium to small will do us for close to three meals - the first night we'll eat the breast meat, the second the wings and legs, and the third I'll strip whatever bits of meat are left off and then boil down the carcass to make stock, and use that and the bits of meat to make a nice soup.

In terms of prepping the bird for roasting, I don't usually get too fancy - sometimes the simple things are the best. Just rub it down all over with a dab of olive oil mixed with a spoon of honey, some rosemary and some salt and pepper. Also, I usually stuff the cavity with a lemon and a small onion (each cut into quarters), a couple cloves of garlic, more rosemary or some fresh parsley if I've got it to hand.

spacemonkey
08-30-2004, 07:37 AM
that sounds like you do chicken right Mrs Peachy. I'll give that second one a try for shure.

oh yeah this is a general chicken thread no talkin turkey... grilling can't be beat though, and I got no oven here only a gas range.

jabumbo
08-30-2004, 10:22 AM
i really dig turkey....but chicken rocks it as well...

being new to the culinary world, how would you suggest someone who is cooking for himself, or a small group sparingly to do chicken? i thought of buying a big bag of frozen chicken breasts or legs and then whenever i want them i can fry the up or whatnot...

i will have to try that rub though ms peachy, sounds excellent

Elusive
09-16-2004, 10:39 PM
you know about the chicken barbecue and bacon.
I like grilled chicken also, with barbecue sauce and some crushed red pepper, or something hot like that.
Also, chopped up grilled chicken with lemon pepper/noodles/olive oil/herbs

spacemonkey
09-16-2004, 10:44 PM
crushed red pepper flows through my bloodstream (y)