08-30-2004, 01:05 PM
http://img53.exs.cx/img53/5633/Suicide.jpg

Me committing suicide.

Bob
08-30-2004, 01:08 PM
were you ok?

BoominShakey
08-30-2004, 01:14 PM
either you're gigantic, or that is one tiny building...

TAL
08-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Wow, triplets.

RUBen1off
08-30-2004, 01:16 PM
What is that dude pointing at in the window? I can't see anything.

Its cool though.

MCA lOvEr
08-30-2004, 01:18 PM
were you ok?

its computer generized... he took a picture probably of himself jumping somwhere like the bed.. and he put himself into the picture with the building...looking like he jumped off... and TAL is right.. their all the same people

RUBen1off
08-30-2004, 01:25 PM
its computer generized... he took a picture probably of himself jumping somwhere like the bed.. and he put himself into the picture with the building...looking like he jumped off... and TAL is right.. their all the same people
Genius. Fucking BRILLIANT!

cosmo105
08-30-2004, 01:43 PM
NO FUCKING WAY :eek:

Mr Films
08-30-2004, 01:56 PM
http://img53.exs.cx/img53/5633/Suicide.jpg

Me committing suicide.

can I use this as a cd cover?

it's bad ass.

cosmo105
08-30-2004, 01:57 PM
its computer generized
sorry, i just need to see this phrase again

Echewta
08-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Looks fake to me.

ShenGod
08-30-2004, 02:06 PM
Made me laugh. Hard.

ProfJIM
08-30-2004, 02:46 PM

fpffffohthathathahhathaahahaha

my new board hero

(see signature)

Echewta
08-31-2004, 11:03 AM
No way is that real.

ProfJIM
08-31-2004, 11:04 AM
its two clones watching his master commiting sucide

duh it happens everyday

ProfJIM
08-31-2004, 11:05 AM

have you no concept of perception? he's falling toward the camera
you remind me of that stupid bitch in kindergarden that yelled at me for drawing "my flowers underground"

Echewta
08-31-2004, 11:43 AM
I still don't believe it.

bobbydigital
08-31-2004, 11:46 AM

.....AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!! Jesus, is your dad Bronson Pinchot by any chance??

BoominShakey
08-31-2004, 12:00 PM
have you no concept of perception? he's falling toward the camera
you remind me of that stupid bitch in kindergarden that yelled at me for drawing "my flowers underground"

Sure I know plenty about perception, but I don't know what that has to do with this picture... well, except maybe that my perception (mean ing the process, act, faculty, effect or product of become aware of something directly through any of the senses, especially sight or hearing) is that the perspective (the word I think you meant to use, meaning the technique of representing three-dimensional objects and depth relationships on a two-dimensional surface) is still off, even given that the guy is supposed to be jumping off a building. For one thing, he somehow managed to jump straight towards the center of the picture, even though the ledges at the top of the building are at angles to the frame of the picture. For a second thing, either he managed to jump about 50 feet straight out from the building, or he's still too big relative to the size of the building. For a third thing, he's not even close to being at the right angle relative to the ground for someone who jumped off a building. The way a human's center of gravity sits in their body makes the position of his body relative to the building impossible if he has fallen far enough to make the size of his body relative to the size of the building believable.

So yes, I understand perception. The real question is: do you understand perspective? Not if you find this picture remotely believable. I'm not saying it isn't funny, just that it isn't physically accurate.

MCA lOvEr
08-31-2004, 12:04 PM
fpffffohthathathahhathaahahaha

my new board hero

(see signature)

MCA lOvEr
08-31-2004, 12:51 PM
i meant computer generated.... lol!

Waus
08-31-2004, 12:51 PM
Boomin-

C'mon man, I'm not trying to sell the thing for 200$, it's got it's faults.

It's really not that off though, we checked to see about where something would fall and it's not so different. The only thing that might be a stretch about that photoshop would be that the guy falling is a bit too much in focus for how far away he is.

The point of the assignment I did it for was to show impossible interaction between clones of yourself. I did another one that looks like a human pyramid, but apparently people can't just enjoy the good points and I don't really wanna get a lot of shit about it.

mickill
08-31-2004, 12:56 PM
The more important question is, why are you and your clones wearing visors?

BoominShakey
08-31-2004, 01:21 PM
Boomin-

C'mon man, I'm not trying to sell the thing for 200$, it's got it's faults.

It's really not that off though, we checked to see about where something would fall and it's not so different. The only thing that might be a stretch about that photoshop would be that the guy falling is a bit too much in focus for how far away he is.

The point of the assignment I did it for was to show impossible interaction between clones of yourself. I did another one that looks like a human pyramid, but apparently people can't just enjoy the good points and I don't really wanna get a lot of shit about it.

Hey, I wasn't tryin' to give ya shit... just playin'. For the record, this pic is one of the better photoshop jobs I've seen on this site (for some REALLY BAD photoshop examples, and a couple decent ones, check this thread: Photo Editing Skills? (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=29569)), and it is pretty funny. My last reply was for ProfJim for claiming that I didn't understand something that had nothing to do with the picture. None of it is meant particularly seriously, though.

RUBen1off
08-31-2004, 01:51 PM
*Rolls Eyes* Everyone knows that Target is the place to go for clones. Sheesh.

ProfJIM
08-31-2004, 03:42 PM
Sure I know plenty about perception, but I don't know what that has to do with this picture... well, except maybe that my perception (mean ing the process, act, faculty, effect or product of become aware of something directly through any of the senses, especially sight or hearing) is that the perspective (the word I think you meant to use, meaning the technique of representing three-dimensional objects and depth relationships on a two-dimensional surface) is still off, even given that the guy is supposed to be jumping off a building. For one thing, he somehow managed to jump straight towards the center of the picture, even though the ledges at the top of the building are at angles to the frame of the picture. For a second thing, either he managed to jump about 50 feet straight out from the building, or he's still too big relative to the size of the building. For a third thing, he's not even close to being at the right angle relative to the ground for someone who jumped off a building. The way a human's center of gravity sits in their body makes the position of his body relative to the building impossible if he has fallen far enough to make the size of his body relative to the size of the building believable.

So yes, I understand perception. The real question is: do you understand perspective? Not if you find this picture remotely believable. I'm not saying it isn't funny, just that it isn't physically accurate.

wow

chill out

oh my god i posted early in the morning and used the wrong word
geez
what a way to be a complete dickface (n)

Waus
08-31-2004, 05:38 PM
Well, whatever. It's not a big deal. Oh, and I'm wearing the visor because it came up in the cycle of hats I wear when I don't feel like brushing my hair.

Here's the pyramid one...trying to show a bit more technical skill. It's not perfect.

http://img47.exs.cx/img47/976/Pyramid.jpg

bobbydigital
08-31-2004, 05:42 PM
Now that's the shit. Bravo.

jeska
08-31-2004, 05:57 PM
I cant even begin to understand how you did that

ShenGod
08-31-2004, 06:49 PM
I cant even begin to understand how you did that
he computer generized himself several times the cut them out and glued them together on his computer....

:D :D :D AHHAHAHAAHHA

Matt
08-31-2004, 07:14 PM
Well, whatever. It's not a big deal. Oh, and I'm wearing the visor because it came up in the cycle of hats I wear when I don't feel like brushing my hair.

Here's the pyramid one...trying to show a bit more technical skill. It's not perfect.

other than the fact that the people on the top have no shadows, this is a brilliant picture

BoominShakey
08-31-2004, 11:18 PM
wow

chill out

oh my god i posted early in the morning and used the wrong word
geez
what a way to be a complete dickface (n)

I don't think it is unreasonable to point out when someone doesn't use the right word when they are accusing someone else of not understanding a concept. if you're going to take the time to disagree with someone, you should at least take the time to get your arguement right. think i'm a dickface? no skin off my back, man. it's just the internet.

BoominShakey
08-31-2004, 11:39 PM

Funny stuff. Just wondering, did you shoot the bottom three "clones" in place with a tripod and then just merge them all into one image, or did you shoot them all on blue screen or something and then stick them all into a "blank" background image? If you shot them all on screen and then stuck them on the sidewalk, you did an awesome job of making the bottom guys look like they are really kneeling on the sidewalk. Also, the lack of shadows is a bit odd, like someone else said, but that one would be pretty tough to do.

Also, what do you use to do your masking? Mouse, tablet, or... ?

Also also, if you're looking a good place to post this kind of stuff where you can get some good critcism, you should check out the forums at eatpoo.com (http://www.eatpoo.com) . The regulars can be pretty brutal in their criticisms but it is a really good place to get input on your work, and if you can handle the crits without taking it too personally, it can really help you improve your work. There are also some unbelievable artists around the forums there... from photography, to comic art and anime, to sculpture, you name it. Pretty cool place, you should check it out if you haven't already.

Waus
09-01-2004, 12:47 AM
I use a Wacom Intuos tablet. The pyramid could use a few more shadows, and the legs aren't ever going to look perfect, but I think it's doin okay.

I used to mess around at worth1000.com which is a pretty high level photoshop site. I got owned pretty hard there when I was first starting out - put things in perspective.

I'm on my way to getting a degree in Computer Graphics Technology at Purdue, and those two chops I was showing here were for an assignment.

cosmo105
09-01-2004, 01:28 AM
that is pretty freakin' awesome.

Scotty-C
09-01-2004, 02:38 AM
That picture is good.

mickill
09-01-2004, 04:56 AM
Excellent work. Or as the kids like to say, yo broham, that's blazin doo doo stinkin hot n fresh

But seriously, are the kids still rockin visors these days?

b-grrrlie
09-01-2004, 06:25 AM
That's some pretty good shit there!

But if you'd put yourselves closer together the knees wouldn't be hanging in the air...

P of R
09-01-2004, 07:01 AM
Great job, Beck!

Waus
09-01-2004, 09:41 PM
The vizor actually died out around my sophomore year in highschool. I quit wearing it, then lost it. I found it again before my sophomore year here in college, and so I decided to give it a spin.

Just answering the handful of vizor questions.

mickill
09-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Just answering the handful of vizor questions.

I like you, man. You have yet to take offense to my partiality towards the cessation of wearing visors and like garments in public places. But in all fairness, I too sometimes come across old gear and be all like, oh shit, I wonder if I can get away with rockin this still, and catch myself in some pretty weak shit. You've done well with this little low-level hazing ritual I like to put people through. Consider yourself "alright" with me. (y)

But about those cargos you're wearing....

Waus
09-02-2004, 12:42 AM
...about those cargos...

They look short in that pic, but it's cuz I'm on all fours. In reality they cover most of my shoes. I also like to go with a sort of "indie" look from time to time when I wear thrift store slacks, and sometimes I rock with tight brown courderoys. T-shirts range from simple stripe to bootleg License to Ill tees.

Um...now that I've given a summary of my dressing styles, I'll throw in another photoshop.

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/2294/Baby_Fish_embryo.jpg

mickill
09-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Courderoys, dude? I'm just playin...

Really though, nice work. You should be getting some serious cheese soon. You need to be doing record covers. (y)

spacemonkey
09-02-2004, 05:50 AM
I use a Wacom Intuos tablet. The pyramid could use a few more shadows, and the legs aren't ever going to look perfect, but I think it's doin okay.

I used to mess around at worth1000.com which is a pretty high level photoshop site. I got owned pretty hard there when I was first starting out - put things in perspective.

I'm on my way to getting a degree in Computer Graphics Technology at Purdue, and those two chops I was showing here were for an assignment.

Really inspiring work, you know how the techincal side of things go and will likely master another key element towards perfection in future projects.

ShenGod
09-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Beck, have you ever worked with Macromedia, specifically Fireworks? If so, could you provide me, and possibly others, with some insight, opinions, advice, and cooool stuff.

lil richard
09-02-2004, 02:30 PM
nice job Beck; I give you kudos

Waus
09-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Nah, I made a few flash animations once, and I'm working on learning some actual actionscript and improving on my layout design skills in Macromedia - but I haven't used Fireworks.

If anyone really wants advice on anything involving Photoshop etc. just IM me on AOL instant messenger at Phett45. Also lemme know if you want some Beastie rarities. ;)

galbraith6
09-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Hey man- sweet photoshop.
during my media arts class- we had to do a shockily simmilar photo- three different pics of ourselfs shopped into a background- just like you did! if i ever find my old one, I'll post it.