PDA

View Full Version : Pass The Mic [Two Face Remix]

Vladimir
09-01-2004, 07:22 AM
Well, I tried this one as a little experiment in actual remixing, not mashing, after my recent Hattori Hanzo mix. I can't say I loved how this turned out, particularly as a sort of got sick and tired of working on this one towards the end, because I was more excited about some new stuff that I'm kicking around. Anyway, I finished it, and I uploaded it on my Soundclick site even though I don't really like it. If anyone wants all the individual loop and bits and such, so they can turn it into something that is a little more entertaining, just PM me.

FYI, it has a D&B flavor for the first half, then piano licks for the second half.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/vladimirminchkinov.htm

Samples used:
Drum Loop is from 'Battlestar Scralatchtica' by Incubus
First Bass Lick from 'Arpeggios' off of the Zen Gardens CD (For the record I do not own this CD).
Second Bass Lick off of the ACIDplanet loop library (cuz I was too lazy to cook up another real one.)
First 2 Piano loops from 'Keyboard Sonata in B minor' from the 25 Guitar Favorites CD.
Last piano loop is from 'Bourrée - From Partita For Violin Solo No.1 in B minor, BWV 1002' from The Andres Segovia Collection.

Maybe some of you guys will like it more than I did. Anyway, I'm cooking up some Led Zeppelin/Beasties Mash-Ups (that's right, I'm shamelessly ripping off DJ BCs idea for the Beastles, except with LED Zep. Aren't I clever?) and a live band, or at least live guitar and bass, mix. Think of the Graham Coxom mix of Triple Trouble, and you'll have the idea.

Vladimir
09-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Nobody?

Spanishbomb808
09-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Anyway, I'm cooking up some Led Zeppelin/Beasties Mash-Ups (that's right, I'm shamelessly ripping off DJ BCs idea for the Beastles, except with LED Zep. Aren't I clever?)

Allahu Akbar!

About friggin' time, man. Show those dirty Beatles who the real Gods of music are :D

Anyway, I like half one and half two of your mix, but I found the transition between "haven't got a thing to say" and the classical part a tad too sudden. It works well, but it could be smoother.

Nevertheless, it's a keeper (y)

saml
09-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Anyway, I'm cooking up some Led Zeppelin/Beasties Mash-Ups (that's right, I'm shamelessly ripping off DJ BCs idea for the Beastles, except with LED Zep. Aren't I clever?) and a live band, or at least live guitar and bass, mix. Think of the Graham Coxom mix of Triple Trouble, and you'll have the idea.

Moby Dick and SPAM goes well together. I've tried it out.

ShenGod
09-04-2004, 09:28 AM
VERY GOOD. It kind of stumbles at points, but it gets the blood flowing. You are the man....

Vladimir
09-04-2004, 03:42 PM
thanks man.

landos_dad
09-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Yeah nice. It's got beef :)
I like the way it doesnt sound too overcrowded.. lots of room in this mix.... just tighen it up where there a tiny pauses and it will be just noice ;)
Keep it up Vlad.

Vladimir
09-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Yeah I gotta work on those pauses. They are there because the loop is not exactly perfect. I just put up the first (maybe final) version of my Mash-Up of So What'cha Want and Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. It probably hasn't cleared yet. Anyway, my next remix is gonna be all original lines, except maybe the drum lines. I was putting them in with my guitar, but it sounds kinda crappy. Anyone know a good way to put lines into the computer, w/o a midi keyboard?

EDIT: I think the Kashmir one might have similar gaps. I'm on it.

eerriikk
09-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Yeah I think the vocals on the second half are a little off. I like the remix though. It kinda threw me off at first. Its got a real different sorta vibe goin but I like it.

Erik

Vladimir
09-05-2004, 08:15 AM
I think the vocals are on time with the drums, but the piano is just a scoach off.

Phosphoros
09-05-2004, 10:35 AM
I really like the first part...that bass line is killer. The second part is ok...unique for sure...not really hittin' me right though. Very interesting and creative mix!