PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have or want any good polish recipes?

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
09-01-2004, 04:51 PM
cause of course...im polish...
and ive got a whole mess of them.
some shmuck took my cook book, so i'll b embarrassed to try and spell the names...but i know perogies! ((i kno, sad polock...but i can say all the swears! so im still good!))
and i can tell u how 2 make those and everything else...its all stored up in my nog-nogg...
hit me back if u want some good eats!
muwah! :D

beastie_dee
09-01-2004, 05:04 PM
hehe polaks :D they have the best Kalbasa

jabumbo
09-02-2004, 09:06 AM
when i make halushki (spelling?), i do this...

boil noodles, however many you think youll eat, or fit well

chop up half a head of cabbage, and half an onion, with a little butter, salt, and pepper to your delite. dont over cook because they it tastes mushy. about halfway into cooking the cabbage, you want to add your precooked noodles ot the pan and mix everything together.

a good side with this is some nice boiled kolbassi

top everything with some hot sauce for a good meal

el-rey-y-yo
09-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Do you know how to make gowumpke's?
Sweet and sour cabbage?

jabumbo
09-10-2004, 01:21 PM
the meat inside is almost like meatballs...i dont think its that hard...and then wrap in cabbage...

cabbage is possible the best tasting thing ever

Jasonik
09-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Brass Polish

1 cup soap flakes
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup whiting
4 cups boiling water
2 tablespoonssalt

Mix soap, whiting, and salt together in a glass or enamel pan. Stir in vinegar and slowly add the boiling water until the soap is thoroughly dissolved. Let cool.

Store solution in a one-quart glass jar.

To use, shake well and pour about 1 tablespoonful of the solution onto a clean, soft cloth and apply to brass. Gently rub, turning the cloth often. Apply more solution until tarnish is gone. Buff with a clean, soft cloth until brass is dry and shiny.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
09-10-2004, 05:29 PM
damn, i thought this thread died a long time ago...ok..it didnt .cool.
hey el-rey-y-yo... if you want the recipe for gowumpke's then PM. and anybody else who wants anything. i'll get back to you cause i have found my once thought to be stolen polish family cook book. yay! :D

Astra
01-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I'd love the recipe that is for those dumplin like cakes that are made with poatoe.... OMG those are so good...