PDA

View Full Version : Sudan- if it bleeds it leads?

funkycains
09-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Dont get me wrong, the UN is a key international organisation. But whats going on in Sudan is horrible and the UN come out of it looking a little slow. For a start they could say for sure its genocide or support the African Union.

Is Sudan getting much coverage in the media?

ElectricBugaloo
09-03-2004, 09:46 AM
I have seen about 3 stories on this on the internet. Granted, i haven't been looking as much as I used to, but still, this could be front page news.

ElectricBugaloo
09-03-2004, 09:50 AM
oh yeah, and at least two of those that I saw were on bbc.co.uk.

Echewta
09-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Why we aren't helping with the indepence of these people is beyond me.

D_Raay
09-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Why would they cover genocide and death when they have Kobe Bryant?
We all know how important that is don't we? We need to know what he's going to do now and what his wife is going to do and what his attorney's and their families and the prosecutors and the people who knew the judge and the press who covered it and the people who once saw Kobe at Arby's are going to do, come on now. :rolleyes:

Ace42
09-03-2004, 08:55 PM
oh yeah, and at least two of those that I saw were on bbc.co.uk.

Yah the BBC are covering it a fair bit. Jack Straw went over there and said "yeah, it's bad, hmmkay" and then got back to counting Iraqi corpses or whatever he and the Ministry of Peace get up to.

iceygirl
05-29-2005, 07:34 PM
i just spent nearly 10 min i would guess looking for ANYTHING. it took me like 3 min to dig under everything to find something on africa. then like 4 min later, to find burried under a bunch of other shit, stuff that should be front page fukkin news. i honestly didnt know what has been going on till i saw lisa ling on oprah couple months ago or something. that is one reporter to watch out for, shes willing to sacrifice anything to uncover shit that our government tries to brush under the rug.

besides the genocide going on, i have barely heard anything about all the people that are starving to death. something like the biggest onset of this since 90something? i heard a quote from a woman who said that they have been crushing up foliage from trees to eat and feed their children since january.

guerillaGardner
05-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Why we aren't helping with the indepence of these people is beyond me.

We need to convince the people in charge that Sudan has the world's biggest oil reserve and Britain and the USA will be there before nightfall.