PDA

View Full Version : "Unmitigated Gall"

D_Raay
09-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Stephen Colbert, correspondent for “The Daily Show,” the only news show to watch during the Republican convention, found the theme of this convention like a homing missile: “Unmitigated gall.”
Like Bilbo said before, Arnold basically called people out of work in this country fags.
Education secretary Rod Paige: “All across America, test scores are rising, students are learning, the achievement gap is closing, teachers and principals are beaming with pride.” Now you tell me if this guy is living in Never Never Land.
This convention alone would be enough to convince me that John Edwards is right about “two Americas,” except I don’t think he’s gone far enough. These folks are in from another planet. They’re living in an alternative reality. When is a fact a fact to these people? When did anyone ever find evidence Saddam Hussein had dog to do with Sept. 11?
It’s all well and good to claim our invasion of Iraq may yet bring about peace and democracy in the Middle East -- hey, miracles happen -- but when Rudy Giuliani assured us this “idealism” is in fact triumphing as he speaks, one must question the man’s grip on sanity. Even the president is now claiming the disastrous occupation is the result of “catastrophic success.” That seems to mean he thinks we won the war too fast.

Speaking of what Bush means, what a dumb flap over his obviously accidental misstatement that we can’t win the war against terrorism. Even when Bush misspeaks you can usually tell what he meant to say. This little doozy was “clearified” the next day -- on that mighty organ of reliable information, The Rush Limbaugh Show -- only to be followed by Democrats chanting, “Flip-flop.”