PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen the latest poll?

D_Raay
09-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Even after Arnold's lies, Zell Miller's mental breakdown, and all the unsubstantiated garbage that sprouted from their every orifice, the latest Time poll shows Bush has opened a double digit lead on Kerry. We live in a video game country not a real one I guess. I'm tired.................................

bilbo
09-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Every poll I have seen has it at a statistical dead heat within the MOE.
Bush got a smaller than expected bounce, but a bounce nonetheless.

D_Raay
09-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Every poll I have seen has it at a statistical dead heat within the MOE.
Bush got a smaller than expected bounce, but a bounce nonetheless.
That was breaking news about ten minutes ago on CNN. I hope Moore's right about the first time or never registered voters pushing it in Kerry's favor.

deita
09-03-2004, 02:49 PM
i hope and hope again that the stupid dick bush is not getting reelected, but it would seem to be a whole lot of dumb and scared voters out there. i guess i can only hope my vote does count.

bilbo
09-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Polls are snapshots in time from a relatively small pool. That's why I don't get too excited one way or another when a new poll comes out. Especially since I personally have never been polled in my 16+ years as a voter.

As far as CNN saying he has a 10 point lead, I haven't seen that yet, but I predicted (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=422592&postcount=3) some corporate outlet would try to peddle this nonsense.

frisky girl
09-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Polls are snapshots in time from a relatively small pool. That's why I don't get too excited one way or another when a new poll comes out. Especially since I personally have never been polled in my 16+ years as a voter.

As far as CNN saying he has a 10 point lead, I haven't seen that yet, but I predicted (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=422592&postcount=3) some corporate outlet would try to peddle this nonsense.

True. And don't forget we've still got the debates. Fingers crossed, guys.

infidel
09-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Another advantage Kerry has it that public opinion towards bush can change due to uncontrollable world and national events since he is the one holding the ball. These would have little effect on Kerry.
If polls proved true Howard Dean would be running against dolthead right now.

For what little it's worth, according to this the Time poll is the only one that is showing anything more than a tie.
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=a_INcToj77l4&refer=us

ms.peachy
09-03-2004, 04:05 PM
What is it with these polls? No one's polled me. Anyone polled you?

infidel
09-03-2004, 04:32 PM
What is it with these polls? No one's polled me. Anyone polled you?
Ever since I can remember whenever a telemarketer has called me I've hung up instantly. One time when I decided I wanted to screw with the "telemarketer" is ended up being a political pollster from Gallop. Made me wonder how many polls I have missed and even more importantly, it seems that people who don't instantly hang up on telemarketers couldn't be very representative.

frisky girl
09-03-2004, 05:08 PM
I was polled for the Gore/Bush election.

QueenAdrock
09-03-2004, 08:45 PM
When I was down in NC on vacation, they called the house I was at and gave a really biased Republican poll over the phone. They asked me if I was "for people who fought deceitful and frivolous lawsuits". I said yes, because I know what they're trying to do. They put in negativity to make it seem like you're an asshole if you agree with it. And then they take those statistics to show people how much "support" they have.

Are you for allowing to have guns, which is protected by our second amendment right? I mean, if you say no, you're against freedom. :rolleyes:

IceGargoylle
09-03-2004, 08:55 PM
it goes both ways. dontt hink one side is better than the other, youd just be fooling yourself.

D_Raay
09-04-2004, 02:37 AM
When I was down in NC on vacation, they called the house I was at and gave a really biased Republican poll over the phone. They asked me if I was "for people who fought deceitful and frivolous lawsuits". I said yes, because I know what they're trying to do. They put in negativity to make it seem like you're an asshole if you agree with it. And then they take those statistics to show people how much "support" they have.

Are you for allowing to have guns, which is protected by our second amendment right? I mean, if you say no, you're against freedom. :rolleyes:
I had no idea they went about it that way thank you Queen for pointing it out, Man I've been out of sorts all day hearing that he was ahead by double digits. It makes my skin crawl.

infidel
09-04-2004, 06:13 AM
The Time poll is definitely screwed up. On other questions asked such as support for the Iraq war the results changed 40 points, totally impossible. I think they blew it and their "random" sample ended up with mostly bushite half inch whippers.

D_Raay
09-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Arnold did not lie Inch Whipper
Arnold said he watched soviet tanks roll down his street as a boy in Austria. Arnold was born in 1947, the last soviet troops pulled out of Austria in 1945. Therefore HE"S LYING.

infidel
09-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Turns out the Time poll consisted of-
354 Republicans
311 Democrats
303 Independents

Hardly representive when you consider less than 10% of the voters are registered Independents. It was also conducted the night bush was giving his speech, whose most likely to be home watching the tube that night?
You all can quit worrying now, wait till next week for some real numbers.

D_Raay
09-05-2004, 03:58 AM
Polls don't mean shit. Remember the day BEFORE the Iowa (first) Primary? Howard Dean had been ahead of the pack (and Bush) in ALL the polls...then he bombed in the Iowa primary....then the "scream". Somehow the media made it seem like "the scream" is what did him in...when in reality POLLS DON'T MEAN SHIT. The "scream" was AFTER Dean came in 3rd in the primary. Before Iowa...the pundits were saying Kerry would have to drop out of the race because he was polling a distant 3rd (before a single vote was made!). Only idiots believe in polls.
I didn't realize I was an idiot for believing what the TV told me. I'm sorry you are right it was just the first thing I heard when I woke up, and it put me in a bad mood all day. I should of just looked up the source and discerned like I usually do but I was in a rush. Like I said before and Michael Moore has said it shouldn't even be close because he has drawn the ire of the never voted and 1st time voter crowd. Kerry will win. phew

EN[i]GMA
09-05-2004, 10:37 AM
I don't think Osama said that. That's libel you know. Your no better than Micheal Moore.

QueenAdrock
09-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Remember when Mike D. was leading after the DNC by like 20 points?
Bush 41 mopped the floor with him. Mike D only won 2 states.
(Kerry will win more than 2 stated but he will loose the election)

what the FUCK are you incoherently babbling about now? You mean Michael Dukakis? If so, please specify, because seeing as how you're on a BEASTIE BOY message board, you're sounding like an idiot by calling him "Mike D".

And I've said it before, I'll say it again: Only way Bush II is winning this year is if it's rigged. Which is a possibility, because his brother controls Florida. And the Republicans will do ANYTHING to win. Even if it means killing babies in the street. There I said it.

QueenAdrock
09-05-2004, 02:20 PM
GMA']I don't think Osama said that. That's libel you know. Your no better than Micheal Moore.

Hahaha..not only that but Bush's thoughts on Osama: "I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... I truly am not that concerned about him."[President Bush, Press Conference, 3/13/02]

D_Raay
09-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Hahaha..not only that but Bush's thoughts on Osama: "I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... I truly am not that concerned about him."[President Bush, Press Conference, 3/13/02]
Yet he is the guy who supposedly attacked us. And the Arnold thing is not a lie Sisko you can look it up yourself.

bilbo
09-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Updated daily, but you won't hear about this one from the corporate media.
The only poll that matters is taken on November 2nd

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Presidential_Tracking_Poll.htm

Loppfessor
09-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Updated daily, but you won't hear about this one from the corporate media.
The only poll that matters is taken on November 2nd

Corporate media??? Dude CNN is like so Democrat biased it's not even funny. Anyway I just heard it's up to 11 points now....muuuhaaahaa!

bilbo
09-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Corporate media? Dude CNN is like so Democrat biased it's not even funny

Are you prepared to back that statement up? If not, please run along and troll. What ends up happening here is that you look dumb, others like you join in and look dumb, and ultimately time is burgled by yet another factless moron.

Apparently Rasmusen will discuss the phony Time and Newsweek polls this afternoon. It'll be interesting to see what they have to say.

bilbo
09-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Since you're not able to back that claim up. :rolleyes: I'll go first.

On May 27th 2004, CNN Justice Department correspondent Kelli Arena spread the unsubstantiated myth that al Qaeda has a preference in the upcoming U.S. elections. Arena, who is supposed to be an objective journalist, claimed, "there is some speculation that al Qaeda believes it has a better chance of winning in Iraq if John Kerry is in the White House." Arena's comment came on the same day Kerry called for 40,000 more troops in Iraq.

ARENA: Neither John Kerry nor the president has said troops pulled out of Iraq any time soon. But there is some speculation that al Qaeda believes it has a better chance of winning in Iraq if John Kerry is in the White House.

infidel
09-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Are you ignoring the key word on purpose?
"there is some speculation that al Qaeda believes it has a better chance of winning in Iraq if John Kerry is in the White House."

bilbo
09-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Are you ignoring the key word on purpose?
"there is some speculation that al Qaeda believes it has a better chance of winning in Iraq if John Kerry is in the White House."

I hope you're being sarcastic. If not, way to completely miss the point. (n)

It's not the job of Kelli Arena to pass on unsubstantiated speculations. There is also the speculation that Al Qaeda likes things just like they are with President Idiot, but you don't hear Arena or any other corporate media whore repeating that on the air.:rolleyes:

infidel
09-06-2004, 04:12 PM
My mistake, I thought you were using that quote to prove CNN is demo biased.

D_Raay
09-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Well, now it seems there is great inconsistency amongst the various polls and Kerry has sought the guidance of some Clinton campaign advisors. Also, he has apparently talked to Clinton for 90 minutes on how he should proceed and scolded his current campaign advisor on some of her advice. This can only be good for Kerry.

Loppfessor
09-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Are you prepared to back that statement up? If not, please run along and troll. What ends up happening here is that you look dumb, others like you join in and look dumb, and ultimately time is burgled by yet another factless moron.

Apparently Rasmusen will discuss the phony Time and Newsweek polls this afternoon. It'll be interesting to see what they have to say.

First off I logged off cus I am not on here 24/7. Anyway how come anyone who doesn't live here in the political forum is a troll? I think you're just a big politics geek who is in dire need of a life.

D_Raay
09-07-2004, 03:45 AM
First off I logged off cus I am not on here 24/7. Anyway how come anyone who doesn't live here in the political forum is a troll? I think you're just a big politics geek who is in dire need of a life.
Well, I don't see anything more important than this election. Unless Bilbo has some pressing need why shouldn't he be on here as much as he likes?
I sure think it's important to be posting wherever I can.

Loppfessor
09-07-2004, 06:48 AM
Well, I don't see anything more important than this election. Unless Bilbo has some pressing need why shouldn't he be on here as much as he likes?
I sure think it's important to be posting wherever I can.

Explain to me please how posting on here constantly about how much you hate Bush is going to effect the outcome of the election? Pretty much everyone here is already decided on how or if they're going to vote. So basically Bilbo is just spouting off his own views to an internet audience that for the most part already agrees with him, but it makes him feel like a big shot so there ya go.

bilbo
09-07-2004, 07:31 AM

Typical :rolleyes:
Spout off on something you know nothing about, then when you get your ass handed to you, resort to some lame ass personal attack.

Can you say "owned" Loppfessor? :eek:

D_Raay
09-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Explain to me please how posting on here constantly about how much you hate Bush is going to effect the outcome of the election? Pretty much everyone here is already decided on how or if they're going to vote. So basically Bilbo is just spouting off his own views to an internet audience that for the most part already agrees with him, but it makes him feel like a big shot so there ya go.
How could you possibly know how everyone here is going to vote? I remember hearing lots from Nader or Green supporters. Also, once "Open letter" drops there is bound to be new fans coming in. Any message getting to anyone is worth posting unless you think this election is a foregone conclusion.

infidel
09-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Chart (http://www.truthout.org/imgs.art_01/3.rasmussen.090704.jpg)

It has been a wild week for numbers. Immediately after the Republican Convention, Time and Newsweek released poll numbers indicating a significant bounce for George W. Bush, and an 11 point lead over John Kerry. A few days go by, however, and the air appears to have been let out of the tires.
The new Rasmussen poll has the two Presidential candidates tied 47.3% to 47.3%. This leads to an inescapable conclusion: If all these numbers are correct - Time, Newsweek and Rasmussen - then Mr. Bush has suffered an historic cratering in his poll numbers within 100 hours of the close of his party's convention.

But perhaps the ballyhooed post-convention lead enjoyed by Bush never existed at all. Pollster John Zogby says, "I have Mr. Bush leading by 2 points in the simple head-to-head match up - 46% to 44%. Add in the other minor candidates and it becomes a 3 point advantage for the President - 46% to 43%...it simply is not an 11 point race. It just isn't."

It should be noted that Rasmussen provided the core data for both the TIME and Newsweek polls. Their independent interpretation of the very same data produced dramatically different conclusions than those reached by TIME and Newsweek.

The 'Bush bounce' after the convention has either disappeared completely, or never existed at all. Neither bodes well for the incumbent. Gallup, which has on many occasions appeared to be working as a PR arm of the Bush election campaign, paints an interesting political perspective: "Bush's two-point convention bounce is one of the smallest registered in Gallup polling history, along with Hubert Humphrey's two-point bounce following the 1968 Democratic convention, George McGovern's zero-point bounce following the 1972 Democratic convention, and Kerry's "negative bounce" of one point among registered voters earlier this year. Bush's bounce is the smallest an incumbent president has received."

Link (http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/090804W.shtml)

Loppfessor
09-08-2004, 12:58 AM
Typical :rolleyes:
Spout off on something you know nothing about, then when you get your ass handed to you, resort to some lame ass personal attack.

Can you say "owned" Loppfessor? :eek:

Can you say "sunshine"? Or "fresh air"? What about "women"? These are just a few of the other things I enjoy besides the internet. My advice to you would be to learn more about these and many other wonderful adventures awaiting you just as soon as you take the first step and admit you have a problem.

EN[i]GMA
09-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Apparently being remotely intelligent isn't something you enjoy.

bilbo
09-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Can you say "sunshine"? Or "fresh air"? What about "women"? These are just a few of the other things I enjoy besides the internet.

hmmmm (http://www.misterfilms.com/what.JPG),this from someone with 1,155 posts here since June. :rolleyes:

Loppfessor
09-09-2004, 12:49 AM
Hey this just passes the day at work, and with the exception of some good friends I've made I don't take much of it too seriously. You on the other hand come on here and spout off like you're some big shot who is so much better than other people. You push your views on people and seldom have anything original to say.

infidel
09-09-2004, 09:31 AM
People who resort to personal attacks do so because they don't have anything else worth saying

bilbo
09-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey this just passes the day at work, and with the exception of some good friends I've made I don't take much of it too seriously. .

Really? :confused: You obviously take it serious enough to continue in a fruitless internet flame war. (n) :rolleyes:

frisky girl
09-09-2004, 10:21 AM
This is so depressing.

Whois
09-09-2004, 10:43 AM
This is so depressing.

Which, the election or stupid people?

"I'm not bigoted, I hate the WHOLE human race." - Anon

frisky girl
09-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Which, the election or stupid people?

"I'm not bigoted, I hate the WHOLE human race." - Anon

All of the above. Pardon me while I go pop a Valium.