PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher

D_Raay
09-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Did anyone watch Bill Maher's show this week? It was fascinating one. For me it cleared up a couple of things.
1). Howard Dean should be the democrat running for president. He's much more likeable than Kerry, doesn't waver in his speech, and appears to have the balls that Kerry does not to seem to have.
2). Jason Alexander clarified the Iraq war in one line. "This president can not achieve PEACE".
3). Arianna Huffington was right on when she said the democrats have to abandon the undecided voter strategy and start fighting fire with fire.
4). Like Jason Alexander (and Chris Matthews also said) just who the hell can be undecided on this election?
5). Gay people are REPUBLICANS. This guy appeared a little off to me. I mean he defended Bush up and down and said he respected Cheney. Then when the Cheney's daughter was not amidst the family at the RNC came up, he almost broke down into tears and admonished Cheney for it. I don't understand how a gay man could possibly vote for Bush. It's not like they just frown on gays they are tried to change the constitution over it!

"If you can't find a 6'4 guy dragging a dialysis machine in the desert behind him there is a problem"--Howard Dean

bilbo
09-06-2004, 12:42 PM
1). Howard Dean should be the democrat running for president. He's much more likeable than Kerry, doesn't waver in his speech, and appears to have the balls that Kerry does not to seem to have.

Agreed, but the media made sure Dean wasn't the nominee.

Johanna
09-06-2004, 12:43 PM
that was too many letters to read, so i don't really know what to say

infidel
09-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Even though the gay guy, Andrew Sullivan, was defending bush I didn't get the impression he was going to vote for him.

D_Raay
09-07-2004, 12:55 AM
He sure was defending him though. I figured it was a foregone conclusion that he was given the show's history of having two sides on to debate.