PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY....I can get a new Uzi!

travesty
09-07-2004, 11:50 PM
My old one is worn out! and spare me the "this is not a credible source" bullshit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5936578/

I had no idea about this. Seems fucking crazy to me. The liberals better get in thier pre-orders or the NRA/GOPers will have them goose stepping down main street in short order.

Funkaloyd
09-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Gun-control advocates are calling for an extension of the ban and also want to expand background checks on gun buyers to include sales by private collectors at gun shows and flea markets. Opponents say both measures are unneeded.
“What we ought to be concerned about is firearms in the hands of criminals, not in the hands of law-abiding citizens,” said Andrew Arulanandam, director of public affairs for the National Rifle Association.

Without background checks, how can guns be kept from criminals?

Loppfessor
09-08-2004, 04:44 AM
The only people gun control laws effect are the normal law abiding citizens. Criminals don't usually obtain weapons through legal means anyway so I doubt they care what laws there are. I mean does the average crack dealer say to himself "Hey before I go sell drugs today I better get downtown and register my gun, boy I'd hate to get caught w/out that. I sure hope I passed the backround check"

Funkaloyd
09-08-2004, 05:31 AM
But background checks can at least make it significantly harder for somebody with, say, a history of violence to get a firearm.

For the record, I'm against assault weapon bans.

Loppfessor
09-08-2004, 05:57 AM
But background checks can at least make it significantly harder for somebody with, say, a history of violence to get a firearm.

For the record, I'm against assault weapon bans.

I agree to a point, I guess I just don't think gun control laws are the way to attack the problem of violence in America

Bob
09-08-2004, 07:32 AM
I had no idea about this. Seems fucking crazy to me. The liberals better get in thier pre-orders or the NRA/GOPers will have them goose stepping down main street in short order.

ha! and we were worried about people abusing them

travesty
09-08-2004, 08:49 AM
The only people gun control laws effect are the normal law abiding citizens.

And thier kids who take daddy's Tech-9 to school one day and.......

Jasonik
09-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Look at this the other way. Before the Bush police state comes into full effect, you'll be able to arm yourself and fight back. Nothing like bringing a protest sign to a gunfight. :rolleyes:

EN[i]GMA
09-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Seems useless legislation to me. Never really was a problem with Automatic weapons obtained legally.

Bob
09-08-2004, 02:38 PM
yeah, i'm not a fan of gun control either. perhaps it does prevent some firearm deaths, but honestly the bad of it outweighs the good, it just tears this nation apart. there's so many people who go apeshit over the thought of having their guns taken away, honestly, i think it's the #1 problem people have with liberals...it's just not worth the hassle, jesus. go, have responsible fun with guns, it's none of my business

frisky girl
09-08-2004, 02:45 PM
It is pretty damn jaw-dropping though, when you compare the annual statistics of gun deaths here compared with other "civilized" countries. Not exactly what our forefathers had in mind.

EN[i]GMA
09-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Yeah. It is higher than Switzerland which has a gun ownership of 100% among aged males, required by law.

Gun proliferation does not equate to crime. The reasons for crime are far different, usually due to poverty and drugs.

Jasonik
09-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Probably more due to lack of mandatory gun safety training. If kids were required to learn to properly handle and shoot a gun in school the guns that exist would be stored appropriately and kids that see them will know to stay away.

EN[i]GMA
09-08-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm not certain about mandatory training but I can't see how they wouldn't have it.

travesty
09-08-2004, 03:40 PM
I remember having archery in gym class in like 5th grade. I akways thought that was a bit insane, cool but insane. I don't think they do that any more.

Bob
09-08-2004, 04:21 PM
GMA']Yeah. It is higher than Switzerland which has a gun ownership of 100% among aged males, required by law.

Gun proliferation does not equate to crime. The reasons for crime are far different, usually due to poverty and drugs.

i never knew that about switzerland, wow

i took archery in high school. naturally some kids would get carried away and try to shoot as far as possible, someone mowing the lawn almost got hit once...that wasn't me, though, i'm not that good a shot

i took a rifle class in the boy scouts...we used bolt action .22's, i always thought working the bolt and reloading were more fun than actually shooting the gun for some reason.

ASsman
09-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Im waiting until they legalize the purchasing and selling of RPG's in Chicago again.

frisky girl
09-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Probably more due to lack of mandatory gun safety training. If kids were required to learn to properly handle and shoot a gun in school the guns that exist would be stored appropriately and kids that see them will know to stay away.

Are you nuts or just joking? KIDS should be REQUIRED to learn how to shoot a gun in school?! Jesus, what is this, the wild West? Those two Columbine kids sure seemed to know how to shoot without being taught. I agree that all gun owners should be required to undergo gun safety training...but kids in school?! Like, "Okay, boys and girls, put away your algebra books and take out your handguns." No wonder the rest of the world thinks we're a bunch of psychos. Please tell me you were kidding.

EN[i]GMA
09-08-2004, 04:38 PM
He was talking about Switzerland, a country with an extremely low murder rate. When you KNOW everyone is carrying a handgun and can use it, you don't fuck around.

frisky girl
09-08-2004, 04:47 PM
GMA']He was talking about Switzerland, a country with an extremely low murder rate. When you KNOW everyone is carrying a handgun and can use it, you don't fuck around.

Unless you're schizophrenic or whacked out on crack, etc. A whole lot of background checks can be a very good thing.

Jasonik
09-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Are you nuts or just joking? KIDS should be REQUIRED to learn how to shoot a gun in school?! Jesus, what is this, the wild West? Those two Columbine kids sure seemed to know how to shoot without being taught. I agree that all gun owners should be required to undergo gun safety training...but kids in school?! Like, "Okay, boys and girls, put away your algebra books and take out your handguns." No wonder the rest of the world thinks we're a bunch of psychos. Please tell me you were kidding.

Well, we have sex-ed, and drug-ed (dare), why not gun-ed.
We'll do it like the other two, give info and preach agaist it, that'll stop it. :rolleyes:

I'll tell you I learned alot more about sex from having it, drugs from doing them, and guns from shooting them. I think we'd have more responsible attitudes about lots of things if they were demonstrated and initially practiced with oversight. Look at driving a car for example compared against drinking alcohol.

Jasonik
09-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Unless you're schizophrenic or whacked out on crack, etc. A whole lot of background checks can be a very good thing.
Darwinism is also a good thing. Whacked out mofos get whacked! BLAM (!)

Bob
09-08-2004, 05:26 PM

i don't think it's such a terrible idea. it wouldn't be a class about just target shooting, and improving your aim, i think he meant a class about responsible gun ownership, about how to make sure you put the safety on, about not leaving it loaded, about not pointing it at another living thing, ever, no matter how sure you are it's not loaded. i don't see why not. it would be like driver's ed.

kind of a funny story about drug education classes in school, that's actually what convinced me to try them, ha. i think it was 8th grade, we were split up into groups and tasked with researching the various drugs and doing class presentations, our group got hallucinogens, i specifically was assinged to magic mushrooms. at the time i had the typical DARE attitude, all drugs are bad, pot is as bad as crack just because they're both illegal, they must be killers etc.....but as i did the research, i couldn't find any evidence at all of shrooms being terribly bad for you, even in the school library. the thing that stuck out at me the most was the fact that there are no proven negative side effects (unless you're a little loony to begin with, in which case hallucinogens may not be for you). i didn't try them for another 5 years, but i probably wouldn't have even done that if it weren't for things like that...

education is key

travesty
09-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Here it is

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5946127/

“I think the will of the American people is consistent with letting it expire, so it will expire,” Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., told reporters.

So there you have it. Get your pocket book out and head down to your local Blast-eria and order up some lead throwin' power. Ooooooh I can't wait. This gonna be great!

Whois
09-09-2004, 10:59 AM
1) Machine guns have required registration since 1934.

2) The Assault Weapons Ban was about semi-auto weapons.

3) Because of the AWB I could only buy an AK-47 without a bayonet lug (wow, lots of people being killed will fixed bayonets).

4) It was a useless piece of legislation.

Echewta
09-09-2004, 12:16 PM
We feed kids crap for food and have taken away music and P.E. classes. Gun training isn't even in the picture.

And comparing crack to guns doesn't make any sense for a background check. I can shoot a gun and kill you but i can shoot crack at you.

Makes it worth it to me. But dont worry, administrations can get away from enforcing the law by cutting back on ATF funding and letting gun shops go uncontrolled.

Whois
09-09-2004, 03:52 PM
if Iraqi's can run around with RPG's, I sure as hell can have an M-60!

"...but how can you shoot women and children?"

"Easy...ya just don't lead them as much...hahahahahaha"

Bob
09-09-2004, 04:15 PM
We feed kids crap for food and have taken away music and P.E. classes. Gun training isn't even in the picture.

when did they do that? i had P.E. classes every year of high school, i only graduated 2 years ago

ASsman
09-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Schools are state/city controlled not federal, here they increased the amount of PE you have to take.

3) Because of the AWB I could only buy an AK-47 without a bayonet lug (wow, lots of people being killed will fixed bayonets).
Thats it I'm not paying the layaway fee on my 47 anymore, its no fun without an bayonet lug.

Loppfessor
09-10-2004, 12:25 AM
when did they do that? i had P.E. classes every year of high school, i only graduated 2 years ago

Uh I"m five years out and always hat PE classes too...

Jasonik
09-10-2004, 08:18 AM
It never fails to amaze me how a topic can so quickly degrade to pure idiocy.