PDA

View Full Version : my major work for year 12 art

phazerkid
09-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Well i'm currently finishin year 12 ^_^ and part of it was to make an artwork for...well...art. i love robots and toys and all of that so i incorporated them in to my artwork instead of doing a mundane depressing artwork which always gets the marks, but i know you guys will apreciate it...as aposed to my teachers :rolleyes:
my concept was about a robot called melvin and a cupie doll who are in love. i gave my cupie doll a make over and made my own lil robot out of bits and pieces. i took them out and took photos of them as though they were out on a date. i then made a larger robot as part of the artwork, the little robot was just for the photos. on one canvas i painted a portrait of miss cupie doll and on the other canvas i made it look as though melvin the robot had kept a diary about their date....below are the results...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/phazerkid/mepaintingsmall.jpg
thats me painting miss cupies portrait

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/phazerkid/qpcanvas5.jpg
this is the final miss cupie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/phazerkid/diarycanvas2.jpg
this is the canvas which is melvin the robots diary

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/phazerkid/bigmelvin3small.jpg
say hi to melvin the robot! his red details are hard to see against the black curtain

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/phazerkid/memajorwork3.jpg
and this is what it looks like all together! (with me lurking in the darkness)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/phazerkid/mw2.jpg
these are some of the photos i took of them out on their dates. it was so funny seeing peoples reactions of a girl setting up a robot and a doll and taking their photo "wat da faaaaaark" some girl said.

anyways thats the end, hope you liked! and sorry if the photos are a lil on the large side
if you would like to see the date photos on a larger scale then visit my fotolog at www.fotolog.net/phazerkid

cosmo105
09-09-2004, 12:40 AM
that

fucking

rules

(y) i love artwork like that. very original and awesome. top notch.

Waus
09-09-2004, 02:39 AM
Awesome! That is the coolest piece of art done by a girl that I've seen in...2 months? Nice work!

Calimero jr.
09-09-2004, 03:56 AM
Brilliant, I especially like the picture where they eat toghether :D (y)

nickhead
09-09-2004, 04:05 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/phazerkid/diarycanvas2.jpg
this is the canvas which is melvin the robots diary

Well done! i love the cartoons on the side of this one (y) i gave up art in yr 11 cause i could see it would have been too stressful. teachers are too damn restrictive. i wanted to do cartoons or some computer-based art and since all they knew was pottery and painting they kept telling me what they wanted me to do.
good luck with it! very different and original (y) might see you in artexpress!

King of Rock II
09-09-2004, 05:33 AM
that's awesome. five thumbs up (y) (y) (y) (y) http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/images/icons/icon14.gif

im_country_mike
09-09-2004, 05:45 AM
WOW!!! what grade did u get for that? I just LOVE the robot!! (y)

phazerkid
09-09-2004, 06:00 AM
thanks everyone for your lovely responses, it makes me feel better about the mark i got for it! to answer your question mike i got 34/50 :(
which is pretty dispointing considering it is ALL my work and i put my heart in to it. some students got help from older brothers or sisters who are art students and therefore recieved better marks and also, teachers at my school have a thing for realistic painting and all that hoo haa. i know its a great talent to be able to paint that way, i just wish they would open their eyes to fun and new things!
nickhead: yeah my art teacher was pretty hesitant about my whole concept too...but he eventually warmed towards it...i think he realised i wouldnt change my mind :rolleyes: i hate it how they preach to you "ohhh art is what you want it to be!" but really, its what they want it to be

lethal_apricot
09-09-2004, 09:27 AM
Wow these are all truly fantastic!!!! Very original, it's criminal that you didn't get higher, but it is still a good mark.

You should be exceptionally proud you have such a talent!!!!

abcdefz
09-09-2004, 12:35 PM
That looks like a helluva lot of fun. Good deal! (y)

Pyper
09-09-2004, 12:48 PM
I can't believe you got such a low mark. I love it! Especially the photo booth photos.

Matt
09-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Art teachers generally suck and think that they are so much better than you.

Art at my school was graded on a 1 to 4 scale that I thought was pretentious bullshit.

That its a really great piece, though. very creative, and it shows you put a lot of time and effort into it. you get a 4

like2_drink
09-09-2004, 04:36 PM
o man .. my art teacher.. i cant even go to art anymore - which sucks cause i wanna learn more about it . turns out he had a huge crush on my mom when they were in middle school together , she wouldnt go out with him tho.. something about him beeing a homosexual and trying to use my mom or somethin :mad: .. he found out who i was and was like " say hello to your mother for me " - then like gave me a dirty sick smile ..i flipped raight out. and now i cant go to his classes any more cause he doesnt give me fair marks :mad:

like2_drink
09-09-2004, 04:42 PM
great art by the way :D

nickhead
09-09-2004, 06:52 PM
i hate it how they preach to you "ohhh art is what you want it to be!" but really, its what they want it to be

yeah i found they all seem to be the same. typically art teachers preach that art is about expressing yourself etc but then go and tell you what to do. like they're trying to make their own works of art through their students (n)

i have also found the majority of (school) art teachers are also much less talented than their students.

34/50 isn't THAT bad a mark. deserves more though.

Ac Slater
09-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Great work i really like it( i love the robot!). Don’t worry about your art teachers, most high school art teachers are the same. they want you to do what they want, but once you get into college the art instructors/professors are fucking awesome....well mine are :D

phazerkid
09-12-2004, 12:27 AM
Yeh, hopefully I will be studying multimedia for the next few years at uni or art college. I get the feeling they will understand my ideas more ^_^

jabumbo
09-12-2004, 07:28 PM
hot...

very hot...i love it

RockabillyGrrl
09-13-2004, 04:42 AM
Very creative and kind of gutsy. At my school I would have gotten a 0-20 % on that (Just because it wasn't a more traditional peice of work).
Last year (grade 11) I got a final mark of 52% (Because of my horrible nazi teacher), But in grade 10 I got a final of 98% (I had a hippy art loving teacher then).
Nice work. I can do stuff like that again this year since I have the hippy again so I'm pretty excited. I get to start with making a photo of 2 swing dancers in black and white. *excited*
Good luck and keep up that unique work! :)

RockabillyGrrl
09-13-2004, 04:43 AM
And your haircut is nice. That exactly how I'm getting mine cut next week. (y)

phazerkid
09-14-2004, 04:44 AM
Nice work. I can do stuff like that again this year since I have the hippy again so I'm pretty excited. I get to start with making a photo of 2 swing dancers in black and white. *excited*
Good luck and keep up that unique work! :)

ohh excellent, i'm happy that you have an easy going teacher. I hope you post your work on the net somewhere so I can see it :D

mm i've grown to like my hair now, i didn't like it right after I got it cut though. show us ya bangs once youve got em chopped (y)

SleeveZipper
09-14-2004, 05:45 AM
thats just so cool:D

like2_drink
09-14-2004, 01:47 PM
thats actually a good attittude lol. i might go into art next term cause of it. who cares if he likes my mom..well me.. but hey if he says anything ill just get him in trouble (y)

phazerkid
09-15-2004, 02:39 AM
To all those concerned about poor grades and uncomprimising teachers, take my attitude and FUCK EM!

Even if they don't like your work then it doesn't matter because it will all go in your portfolio, and if it is good, strong work, and you like it, then you will be successful. Your portfolio is what gets you your job, not your grades (y)

yeah good point there actually. I'm gonna have so much fun making my portfolio :D
I understand what you mean about teachers opinions etc, but still its like a kick in the shins after all of your hard work and to have the teachers not appreciate it..

venusvenus123
09-15-2004, 03:06 AM
true, i think grading art is kind of a surreal concept anyway. picasso would have been given 25/50 for some of his stuff, or even less... were he not picasso.

art can't be right or wrong.

i say stuff stoopid grades and shove it in your portfolio. it's really original and interesting. (y)(y)

i give you six smilies, and three lighbulbs!

phazerkid
09-16-2004, 12:21 AM
thankyou mah lady ^_^

Gareth
09-16-2004, 01:20 AM
nice robot.

who is your teacher, donald fisher??

the views of philistines on art are incalculably stupid

phazerkid
09-16-2004, 01:48 AM
nice robot.

who is your teacher, donald fisher??