PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Moore movies to be screened

ASsman
09-11-2004, 11:02 AM
This should be great...
-----------------------
Two films attacking Fahrenheit 9/11 director Michael Moore are set to debut at a US film festival embracing "traditional American values".

Michael Moore Hates America and Michael and Me will be shown at the first American Film Renaissance Festival in Dallas, Texas, from Friday.

The weekend event will screen 21 conservative and patriotic movies.

They reflect "pride, humility and appreciation for our great nation", founder Jim Hubbard said.

'Profound influence'

"For the good or bad, in today's America, the film industry profoundly influences the pace and direction of American cultural life," he said.

"For far too long, the film industry has used its influence to create movies advancing a world view that derides patriotism, faith, and traditional American values."
----------
remember kids liberals hate america they are all dirty cuban comies.
----------

Mr Hubbard said the inaugural festival would "highlight that America is home, not to a nation of idiots as Michael Moore asserts".

Made by director Michael Wilson, Michael Moore Hates America is a documentary response to Fahrenheit 9/11, which criticised President Bush's war on terror.

Mr Wilson describes it as "a film that challenges the shrillness that has engulfed the Big American Conversation from both sides".

Aping the name of Moore's 1989 film Roger and Me, Michael and Me features talk show host Larry Elder who "teaches Mr Moore a thing or two about the second amendment".

The festival also features Beyond the Passion of the Christ: The Impact - a documentary looking at the global response to Mel Gibson's religious blockbuster.

And it includes DC 9/11: A Time of Crisis, starring Timothy Bottoms as President Bush, plus 2001's Second World War drama To End All Wars starring Kiefer Sutherland.

----------
The director Micheal Wilson appeared on The Daily Show I believe, it was very funny.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3644310.stm

roosta
09-11-2004, 11:42 AM
"Michael Moore hates America!" is the worst movie title ever.

Sensationalist shite.

djslippE
09-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Didn't they learn anything from Eminem? Bad press is still good press! Every time you talk bad about the man you just generate more interest in his movies. Not to mention he hasn't been sued for any of those "untruths" in his movie. :)

infidel
09-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Didn't they learn anything from Eminem? Bad press is still good press!
Same goes for the charges that the recent bush National Guard documents are frauds. All it's doing is prolonging the media coverage.