PDA

View Full Version : Booger...

ShenGod
09-11-2004, 09:31 PM
If a candidate stood up at a political debate and said, and ONLY that, in response to any/every thing, then he'd win, hands down. :p

AKAsharpchedda
09-11-2004, 09:38 PM
thatd be kick ass

ShenGod
09-12-2004, 03:08 PM
thatd be kick ass
yes, yes it would. I could see Bush saying something like that.

And while I'm at it, take a look at something even more comical, yet awesome (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/sovereignty.mov). This is embarrassing, and awesome at the same time. I mean, that's a killer response. :D

valvano
09-12-2004, 03:21 PM
wasn't booger one of the nerds in revenge of the nerds?

valvano
09-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Everybody knows about that.....most have never heard of Red Barrett. He even made the cover of Life magazine in 1947 when playing with the Cards (it was a cover story on spring training).

After he retired in 1950 he moved to NC and worked for Sealtest (a southeastern dairy distributor). He was very active in little league ball as well as the hot stove league. He died in 1990. I've got copies of his entire Cooperstown file including the Sporting News box score from that 58 pitch game.

The most amazing baseball feat is still Joe D's streak. And scoring Marilyn Monroe aftewards.

EN[i]GMA
09-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Free Pete Rose!

yeahwho
09-12-2004, 08:34 PM
If only Leslie Nielsen potraying Lt. Frank Drebin of Naked Gun was asking the questions in this upcoming debate.........

ShenGod
09-13-2004, 04:22 AM
BOOGER!

*crowd cheers uncontrollably*

GOODNIGHT [insert city name]!!!!!!!!!!

valvano
09-13-2004, 06:45 AM
Pitching a no-hitter while tripping on mutliple hits of LSD takes more skill than getting a base hit for 56 straight games....unless Joltin Joe was tripping all those games.

I think I read it in George Will's book on baseball from the 1980s, I can't remember, but somebody somewhere crunched the numbers on Dimaggio's streak and the odds of gettting a hit in consecutive games, based on all kinds of other stats. I was something like 1 in at least several million, again I can't remember.

But yeah, pitching like that on LSD is pretty wild. I am sure it helped with the concentration on just pitching (I have never done LSD so I can't say that for sure, maybe there's an LSD expert among us??)

ShenGod
09-14-2004, 02:12 PM
bump

EN[i]GMA
09-14-2004, 02:29 PM
IT might have been hard but I bet it was also fun and enlightening.

paulk
09-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Re: Booger,

Can't we sum up everything that both Kerry and Bush have said while campaigning using that word?

So in effect both candidates already have stood up and said "booger" and sat back down.

ShenGod
09-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Re: Booger,

Can't we sum up everything that both Kerry and Bush have said while campaigning using that word?

So in effect both candidates already have stood up and said "booger" and sat back down.
In relation, I do not trust either candidate to run this country. But I'm not willing to choose a replacement, except....kidnap the Kool-Aid Man and force him to be president.

OHHHH YEAH!