PDA

View Full Version : MarkedCube's-So What'Cha Want (Alternative Overdrive Remix)

MarkedCube
09-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Heres my latest

So What'Cha Want (Alternative Overdrive Remix) (http://homepage.mac.com/mark_m84/mcremixes.html)

This is the fastest remix I have made so far (3 weeks). Unlike my SYR remix, I would have to say it is more closer to a "normal" remix, meaning fewer beats shifts, same loops are repeated throughout the mix and I'm not throwing as many curves as I did with SYR. In this remix I decided to use a more popular style, Alternative rock. I know its alot different from my last mix, hope you guys enjoy it as much.

This remix is one of the few things I've been up to recently. I have upgraded my remix site big time. Also on there you will see the front cover I did for Fan Remix LP (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=30490&page=1&pp=30) , I also have a back cover which will be released later on as soon as the final track listing is revealed.

I would also like to thank everyone that checked out my last remix and a special thanks to those that took the time to post a comment. Your comments have helped me a lot coming into this mix, hope its a change for the better.

Once again, all comments (y) / (n) are welcomed.

cypressphil
09-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Nice. I like it, but then again I like alt rock as well as hip hop. The music sounds like it coulda been on a Silent Hill game! Cool!!

DeeJayZap
09-13-2004, 01:10 PM
It's great, but i really prefer funky finch remix.

Nice job though, I think you'l be up there with Landos_Dad and Taco Zip soon!!!

landos_dad
09-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Nice and moody, but man... there's often too much going on in this mix at times. I'm talking mainly about the section 1min33secs... just sounds like too much going on. Sometimes there even sound like a clash of too many different drum loops.
But apart from this, the drops and variations are cool. I don't mean to come across dissin' just wanna give my personal opinion and hopefully constructive criticism.
Sounds good most of the time, but sometimes it sounds like you poured on too much maple syrup :)

MarkedCube
09-13-2004, 11:04 PM
I don't mean to come across dissin' just wanna give my personal opinion and hopefully constructive criticism.

I don't feel bad or anything, its what you think about it. I welcome all comments and don't have anything against anyone. Plus you explained what you didn't like, so I understand. I also ask for extra sauce with my pizza, so the leftovers won't be dry in the microwave. I don't really know how to get to Cloud City so you're pretty safe :D

mister jason
10-25-2004, 09:24 PM
dude...what do you use to sync up the remix? it's way off

MarkedCube
10-26-2004, 06:54 AM
dude...what do you use to sync up the remix? it's way off

I used Soundtrack for this remix and my last one. I remixed this at 85.4 BPM. Give it another listen.