PDA

View Full Version : why bush?

maddoctorx
09-16-2004, 04:15 AM
I challenge anyone to give me a list of reasons of why you would vote for bush and why?

jegtar
09-16-2004, 05:14 AM
He is not Kerry. Just kidding, but I think thats the additude of many Kerry supporters (reversed, of course). Go Nader!

maddoctorx
09-16-2004, 05:28 AM
I would agree. I wish Nadar had a chance of winning but it doesn't seem likely. There are a lot of pretty things that Kerry is saying but the question is wheter or not it really means anything.

ChrisLove
09-16-2004, 07:20 AM
There is another thread about this somewhere but I think the reasons for voting Bush are as follows

1) He is the Republican candidate - a lot of people would vote for a cheese sandwich if it were put up as the candidate of their party.

2) He has convinced people that they are in terrible danger from terrorists and that he is the only one who can save them.

3) He claims to be a christain and a lot of people believe that. Along with this goes all the standard shit about abortion and gay marraiges and stuff.

4) He is for some reason perceived by many in the states as a strong leader while Kerry seems to come across as indecisive.

5) He is simply running a much stronger campaign than Kerry at the moment.

6) He has convinced the public that it is acceptable to kill 10 000 plus foreign civillians , untold foreign soldiers and 1000 US troops in order to protect some vague concept of Americaness which has never been under threat accept from possibly the US Patriot Act.

7) Tax Cuts?

You will note that the majority of these (2,4,6 and probably 3) are complete spin, but he is spinning it very effectively and it seems to be working as far as I can tell.

Whois
09-16-2004, 09:05 AM
I challenge anyone to give me a list of reasons of why you would vote for bush and why?

Armageddon - No, I'm not kidding...I've run into a number of Bush supporters who are convinced Bush will lead us to Christ's Second Coming(tm).

Frankly I'm hoping for the return of Cthulhu and the Elder Gods, to see the expressions on people's faces...priceless.

yeahwho
09-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Armageddon - ..priceless.

:D

D_Raay
09-16-2004, 11:51 AM
I've run into a number of Bush supporters who are convinced Bush will lead us to Christ's Second Coming(tm).
I have also run into Bush supporters who say we need to support Israel regardless of them being right or wrong because "we have to be on the right side" when Jesus comes back.