PDA

View Full Version : Beasties in Vancouver-99.3 interviews MCA

Emilie
09-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Today 99.3 The Fox did an interview with MCA before the show thats gonna happen on Monday and I thought you might like to read about it. Enjoy.

I dont remember if it was todd or danger but what does that matter?

I think it was Todd...

Talking about tt5b (sorry if I spelt anything wrong)

Todd: Uh, the cd is quite obviously a tribute to your home town in New York City. I would assume it's obviously hugely influenced by september 11th was it just september 11th that came to mind?

Mca: You know i dont think it was exactly the intent. I think it was more kinda like subconsious that it ended up being that is like kind of in retrospect we noticed there was a lot of..uh..when we were trying to figure out whats it called a record there were any running themes we realized that there were a lot of references to New York so then you know...you know what I mean...its like hinesight..

Todd: Yeah...you guys have always been pretty proud of your home town anyways huh..

Mca: Yeeah. It's a good city.

todd: I just heard this recently you guys recorded i dont know if its your studio or what the story is ..but maybe you can fill me in. You recorded this album in the old barney miller tv show set?

Mca: Across the hall.

Todd: It's across the hall?

Mca: Yeah. but in that office space.

Todd: But they didnt shoot that, i thought they were gonna shoot that like in the tv studio.

Mca: Yeah, right. you would think so or maybe were lying to you ...i dont know.

Todd: Thats why i'm asking you the question. Maybe you can break the news to me.

Mca: Well...maybe you caught me in a lie.

TOdd: Did i? holy smokes we're on to something here. uh...what else did i want to ask you? Were you guys in New York City a few days ago on September 11th? Were you guys in the city?

Mca: Nah, we were playing in uh..Califoria.

Todd: Okay..i was just wondering how things are feeling in that city three years later.

Mca: It's gettin' back to normal ya know. slowly slowly.

Todd: The only reason I even brought it up cuz i guess here in Vancouver, we're so far away from you guys but it was less than two weeks ago they shut our post office down because they found some white powder in an envelope and that stuff is still going on...we're years down the line here and it seems like everythings right upside down here still.

Mca: Yeah. Its so weird when the CIA does that when they start sending out those envelopes with the powder in them.

Todd: Ouch. (laughs) On to something alittle more serious here. Johnny Ramone just passed away a couple of days ago. I just maybe get a few words from you ..what the Ramones meant to you and maybe what you...were you surprised that he left like he did?

Mca: Yeah. I mean the Ramones have been a tremendus influence on us and basically some of our forfathers of like punk rock which is in a way you know we come out of the hardcore scene sort of a later incarnation of the punk scene in New York so...

Todd: Well you guys played a lot of the same clubs with the Ramones. You've play CBGB's, you've even sqeaked in Max's canses city. Was it the very last night they had that club open?

MCA: Exactly yeah. Yeah we did and uh..actually Adam Horovitz's band The Young and The Useless that he was in opened up for the Ramones one time.

Todd: Woah. Yeah it's pretty crazy. Three Ramones in such a short period of time already that to me is just really bizar They would all go so quickly like that yah know.

Mca: Yeah, its almost like when you hear about somebody dies and then the wife or the husband goes like maybe they're leaving together.

Todd: Yeah, it almost seems that way and its also funny when they retire thats when people start to catch on to those guys yah know.

Mca: Yeah.

Todd: I'm just curious, uh..you're on the road now and you got this dog show on the road with you. Whats the story with this dog show?

Mca: Yeah, uh..we have the amazing mongos opening up for us. Which is, it's pretty incredible. They kinda steal the show.

Todd: Yeah?

Mca: And uh...yeah really we should be opening for them but yah know it's a crazy world. With dogs opening for us.

Todd: Wow, well thats the kind of stroke you guys have at this point in your career I guess.
huh?

Mca: Yeah, who knew?

Todd: Exactly, dogs opening for you.

Mca: Yep, they're tearing it up.

Todd: With Spinal Tap it was puppet show and then Spinal Tap and now with you guys dog show and then the Beastie Boys so... you doing something right.

Mca: yeah.

Todd: You're up here on Monday to do a show for us. You haven't been in Vancouver in an awful long time, we're pretty siked to see you guys up here.

Mca: Yeah, this will be good.

paulb
09-18-2004, 12:26 AM
thanks so much for doing that!!! shitty interview, dissapointed.. but i hope Vancouver gets something special from the boys!

balohna
09-18-2004, 01:42 AM
It's a bit better in audio, it seems awkward in text but it really wasn't.

paulb
09-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Taco Zip taped it... i have it on my comp, i cant host it though, maybe he could...

Emilie
09-18-2004, 07:10 PM
i Might be able to get the interview on audio...maybe i could record on to my computer cuz i have a sound recorder. but i dont if its gonna sound great. I could try.

Emilie
09-18-2004, 08:14 PM
well...i can't host it...the only way to hear the interview..you probably have to get it from me personally...like on msn and send it to you that way but i'm not always online.

COUNTDOWN>>>2 more days!<<<