09-21-2004, 10:01 AM
"I met my requirements and was honorably discharged"

infidel
09-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Reminds me of "I didn't inhale"

yeahwho
09-22-2004, 12:57 AM
google it!

http://news.google.com/news?q=I%20met%20my%20requirements%20and%20was%20h onorably%20discharged&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=in

Loppfessor
09-22-2004, 05:13 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't give a shit about the service records of either canidate! I think it's in poor taste for both sides to keep bringing it up.

yeahwho
09-22-2004, 05:30 AM
We shouldn't care if the President of the United States is telling the truth about the how, what, where, when and why of his service to our country?

WTF are you saying. The swiftboats for truth, the biggest smear job in modern politics, generated more ink and media babble than the Iraq war until all claims were found to be false. The current administration will not answer the easy questions about W's service.

I gather that it is important to read pure unadultered bullshit for millions. Even pay for it. Pay for a bunch of unpatriotic lies. If you accepted the lies, then I have no faith in your goals for this country.

But serious thinkers like you guys don't want to investigate somebody who is currently running the USA into the ground, saying, "I met my requirements and was honorably discharged". While his whole term at the 187th is nowhere to be found? He will not tell the American people where he was. Why?

little j
09-22-2004, 05:37 AM
my friend mikey is in the military.
he's a marine reservist.

he has already been to iraq, has come home, and is now back to training to go back over there.

he was just saying the other day how bad he wanted out. that he would risk a dishonorable discharge to get out.

why isn't it good enough that GWB did his time, met the requirements and got out? he was lucky.
good for him.

why does military service in a president matter so much?

once again its too early to make sense.

yeahwho
09-22-2004, 05:52 AM
I think this particular NG service does matter, because George W. Bush said he recieved no special favors, yet many people who were their say different.

George W. Bush should come clean when his service is in question, Kerry came clean, on his campaign site, answered the swiftboats allegations, then the media backed him up.

Nobody but George W. Bush knows more about George W. Bushs' military record, he is supposed to be a straight shooter and brilliant leader who will take us into the next 4 years, yet he will not deny the simplest accusations.

It is ultimately up to him, the President to qualm these questions. Why let him slide, we deserve to know what the heck he was doing while others were fighting and dying in Vietnam. What were his convictions?

racer5.0stang
09-22-2004, 08:02 AM
It is amazing what people will try to dig up on a particular person to try and destroy their reputation and name. I hope I don't ever have to go through someone or an organization bringing up my past and broadcasting it over national television.

infidel
09-22-2004, 07:51 PM
It is amazing what people will try to dig up on a particular person to try and destroy their reputation and name. I hope I don't ever have to go through someone or an organization bringing up my past and broadcasting it over national television.Makes you wonder if a person who runs for public office must have severe mental problems to voluntary undergo public scrutiny.
Maybe that's why all politicians suck.

infidel
09-22-2004, 08:03 PM
It is not right to hold an opinion with no fact to back it up.
I missed that one, is it in the constitution of gismo the great?
Does that mean I can't hold the opinion that the 49ers won't be in the 2012 super bowl?
It's my opinion that bush himself was behind the forgeries, I have as much proof of this that you have that Kerry was.

yeahwho
09-22-2004, 08:07 PM
They go through the scrutiny because the policy they make will either benefit us or punish us. I think once one person dies and it is directly linked to your decision, you need to be investigated, your life looked into, to see how you came to the decision that killed this person. There is no free ticket to run our country. Demand answers about the people who have power over your life. Don't accept vague replies.

Bush is skating on thin ice. What do you think is going through the minds of young troops in Iraq when the man who put them in harm's way has the gall to criticize the service record of one (Kerry) who put his life on the line? Where would we all be today if everyone took the road Bush took?

Safe in their mansions the mega-wealthy war-profiteers reap all the benefit and pay none of the price.

SobaViolence
09-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Bush, who is president of the united states of america, is happy to be average? "Yay! I'm mediocre!"