PDA

View Full Version : Hurts him or helps him?

D_Raay
09-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Do you think John Kerry's appearances on "The Daily Show" and last night on David Letterman help him or hurt him? I'm just curious because Candidates have historically stayed away from the talk circuit.

Burnout18
09-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Do you think John Kerry's appearances on "The Daily Show" and last night on David Letterman help him or hurt him? I'm just curious because Candidates have historically stayed away from the talk circuit.

I missed the letterman show, but i liked the daily show appearance. I don't see how it could hurt Kerry, it shows he has a sense of Humor and can laugh...

I could see how it could hurt Bush cause the only time hes funny is when he stutters or makes a new word. Plus i can't see Bush sharing a laugh with anyone on TV.

infidel
09-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Considering that something like 60% of the population between 20 and 35 years old get all of their political news from the Daily Show and Saturday Night Live it only helps Kerry.

DroppinScience
09-21-2004, 03:18 PM
The only reasons candidates have historically stayed away from talk show circuits is because they DIDN'T EXIST for centuries. That's why Jefferson or Washington wouldn't have yakked it up with Conan O'Brien's gramps. ;)

And Bush did appear on Letterman. This was in 2000 before they learned to control him. ;)

Shows as diverse as Daily Show, SNL, Oprah and other such venues are fair game for politicians to get their message into the open. In short it helps them and both sides of the aisle will use them.

Echewta
09-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Knowing that Bush stays away from mostly anyone that could throw a random question his way, I can see why you wont see the President doing anything anywhere that isn't controlled.

I think it helps Kerry because it seems like he's a real person. Not just someone who suddenly ditches the jacket and rolls up his sleeves to talk to fellow republicans where ever he may go.

adam_f
09-21-2004, 03:44 PM
I don't give a shit just as long as Kerry's wife doesn't appear on TV. Fucking crazy ass bitch.

Bob
09-21-2004, 04:16 PM
wasn't bush on some fishing show? i um...saw it on the daily show

QueenAdrock
09-21-2004, 05:26 PM
I think it makes him seem more of an everyday guy, getting to chat with him rather than hearing speech after speech. It helps him. (y)

Loppfessor
09-22-2004, 05:21 AM
I'd say it probably helped him, remember when Clinton went on I think it was Arsenio Hall and played the Sax?

yeahwho
09-22-2004, 06:09 AM
accelerate with propaganda at every available oppurtunity. He has a Presidency to win. Campaign, campaign, campaign. Demographics demand mucho more TV appearances.

racer5.0stang
09-22-2004, 08:29 AM
I did not get to see the Letterman show but I heard he slammed Bush every chance he got. I don't know for sure but I bet they rehearsed what would be said before they went in front of the camera. This probably helped him with his followers.

infidel
09-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Highest ratings for Letterman since 1993 last night when Kerry appeared.
Bush probably couldn't muster as big of an audience with every speech he's given added together.

Echewta
09-22-2004, 03:56 PM
I was listening to the radio a few weeks ago and they were playing a rally of Kerry's in Ohio I think. There were Bush supporters in the audience as well who were yelling at Kerry and then were also able to ask questions. Kerry didn't run away or name call or have them taken to a "Free Speech Zone." He answered their questions, though not to their satisfaction of course.

I think it says something about someone if he will address his critics face to face.

How many press conferences has Bush had while in office?

DroppinScience
09-22-2004, 04:00 PM
How many press conferences has Bush had while in office?

Hey shut up kid! Bush doesn't hold very many press conferences because he is IN CHARGE OF TWO WARS AND LIBERATING THE OPPRESSED!!! With these responsibilities, he has to make decisions. He can't be distracted with all those un-patriotic mudslingers wishing to ask "questions." Fuck man, you must want Osama to win.

ASsman
09-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Just a question, was that sarcasm? Too tired to decide.

DroppinScience
09-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Just a question, was that sarcasm? Too tired to decide.

As a flaming liberal, I leave that up to you to decide. ;)

ASsman
09-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Whose flaming....?

infidel
09-22-2004, 07:43 PM
How many press conferences has Bush had while in office?junior doesn't hold press conferences because someone might ask a "real" question.

paulk
09-22-2004, 08:18 PM
junior doesn't hold press conferences because someone might ask a "real" question.

Neither Bush nor Kerry want to debate with Michael Badnarik for a similar reason.

ASsman
09-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Assholes, I will force them both. Or spray them with a super soaker filled with red wine.

DroppinScience
09-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Whose flaming....?

I'd be the flaming one.

Oh and in case you STILL can't figure it out... sarcasm, aight? :D

Whois
09-23-2004, 11:07 AM
I don't give a shit just as long as Kerry's wife doesn't appear on TV. Fucking crazy ass bitch.

I think we understand now that you love her and wish to spend eternity as her panties.

:eek: